• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

When you are seen as too old to be desirable to the majority of the dating population.

woah, that's depressing. I really don't like this reasoning, mostly because I don't see what is so different from straight people.

Plus I know people in the range of 35-45 years old that are still really attractive

Caladrius

woah, that's depressing. I really don't like this reasoning, mostly because I don't see what is so different from straight people.

Plus I know people in the range of 35-45 years old that are still really attractive

The fact that it's so stupid is why people joke about it so much.

...I hope.

lol coz it's not real. Just a silly vanity complex people apply to themselves because they think gay men are more shallow than they really are.

I'm going to Houston this weekend too, for the first time. No real reason why, just feel like going out of town for a bit.

Any Houstonites wanna recommend me a gay itinerary for Saturday night? lol

too bad i'm going with like 10 other people on this trip. would have done a spontaneous houston gaygaf thing lol.

Kater

Banned

I agree, lots of attractive older men in this world. And it is not a matter of beauty either, since a lot of attraction to a person (no matter the looks or the age) comes from other things like the character of the person.

I just hit the ripe age of 22 today!
TAY-8.gif

Happy Birthday!

I'm turning 28 next week D:

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.

most of the real life people AND celebs I consider super attractive or hot are at least over 30 (30-45) (plus they have a maturity that early 20's often lack) Just look at Chris Evans (33) and Hugh Jackman (45). Lord have mercy! There are no 20-somethings that even compares for me tbh

tumblr_m2if6opmKD1r76lino1_400.gif

Kinsei

Banned
I love holidays, so I can't really help. Also, I've never heard of Canada Day. Can I celebrate it anyway even though I'm not Canadian or in Canada? :p

Seriously though what's wrong?

No work means I have to interact with my parents all day. I decided to pull an all nighter last night so I'd sleep for most of the day, and now that I'm awake, I've locked myself in my room.

Kater

Banned
I'm sorry that you have to go though this, Kinsei.
You said last time that you soon would have enough money to get a home of your own, how is the progress on that?

Kater

Banned
Pretty good. I've only spent $50 since May.

Have you looked around for any apartments yet? I know that it can take quite some time where I live to get a reasonably priced one. I waited a half year until I got the one that I'm living in at the moment.

Rayis

Going to Houston for America's freedom weekend

I'm going to Houston this weekend too, for the first time. No real reason why, just feel like going out of town for a bit.

Any Houstonites wanna recommend me a gay itinerary for Saturday night? lol

Woah, have fun guys, just try not to melt because it is freaking hot down here, and I can't help with itineraries and stuff cuz I don't know anything sorry lol

Kater

Banned
I...what.. I want my 5 seconds back.

I seriously don't know what is happening in the song.

After reading his whole Wikipedia entry I found out that his Divine David figure was more of a satire of the gay guy who wants more rights but doesn't do anything for it, instead going shopping and you know, all these cliches. I think it's pretty funny and even a little bit true. I mean, I see it with myself and how I am to too cowardly to speak up against discrimination against me. And the boys I was with in my past were also pretty secretive about their sexuality, even in the face of discrimination, like me. (I know, that's just anecdotal evidence)

If 'Real Men' Posed In Underwear Ads

o-MALE-MODELS-570.jpg

Um, I'll take that "Real Man" any time of day.

I'd take both, I'm greedy. :p

And really thirsty.

I guess I'm not a real person Lol.
It's great to see and important making other non traditional body types in adverts and those pics could show more body diversity still but the "real men" rhetoric that's said by men is really irksome even if it's withing non harmful terms

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Stuff like this is dumb. So people with good builds are suddenly not "real" men? I mean, I get the message of the advert, and I think it's great to show this representation but it seems kinda backwards that the article mocks those with physiques that they've obviously worked hard for.
I hear you. Perhaps "Real" wasn't the right choice of word. Average could be a better word, even that holds a slightly negative connotation.

However, I don't think the point was to mock people with good physique, as much as trying to represent the average consumer of these products, and promote a wider range of body types as healthy.

The intended message is about inclusiveness. And I don't think it's bullshit at all. The backhanded execution could have be better though.

Woah, have fun guys, just try not to melt because it is freaking hot down here, and I can't help with itineraries and stuff cuz I don't know anything sorry lol

i think it's hotter where i am (louisiana) too bad we are driving away from the rain. got the sunblock ready though.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The guy on the left probably works a fair amount, too.

This is a better example. I think I've seen those images before, however.

o-UNDERWEAR-570.jpg

left is better. the torso may not be as toned (though he still has nice arms), but I'm a "face person" first and foremost, and the guy on the left has a far more handsome face than Cristiano Ronaldo's fugly mug on the right tbh. A bad face ruins the rest of the package for me (speaking only of superficial physical appearance of course)

Kater

Banned
Did HuffPost really recycle a story from last year? lol HuffPost being lazy again. -.-

Btw, the guy's face (left picture) looks a lot like that of my younger brother, just older. Crazy.

tumblr_msywbkjgpz1ql3ntoo9_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom