• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NA is 25, JP 30 and EU 12, we cleared that a few pages ago. ;)

Ah ok.

Wait what, 12?

Must've missed that.

I'm really tempted to buy a Wii U. €279 for a Wii U + Mario Kart 8 + downloadable game (will prob. go for NSMB U or Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101). And the online is free. And Smash this year!!! (although I could get it for the 3DS as well) I just really want a PS4 as well and the PS4 will probably have a longer lifetime then the Wii U. Wii U has a lot of games I want though. Could just wait 1.5 years and buy a PS4 then when it has a nice library of games. Decision decisions.

Kater

Banned
Ah ok.

Wait what, 12?

Must've missed that.

I'm really tempted to buy a Wii U. €279 for a Wii U + Mario Kart 8 + downloadable game (will prob. go for NSMB U or Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101). And the online is free. And Smash this year!!! (although I could get it for the 3DS as well) I just really want a PS4 as well and the PS4 will probably have a longer lifetime then the Wii U. Wii U has a lot of games I want though. Could just wait 1.5 years and buy a PS4 then when it has a nice library of games. Decision decisions.

Buy the Wii U now with Mario Kart 8 and get the free game. Wait for the PS4 to get a decent library and a lower price, then pick that one up.

daripad

My sister is dating another girl ;__; I should be happy but I'm so selfish that I don't feel good for her. I'm the worst brother in the world

My sister is dating another girl ;__; I should be happy but I'm so selfish that I don't feel good for her. I'm the worst brother in the world

Why wouldn't you be happy for her? Jealous that she's dating?

And El_Gato, I think that's the best plan. Bit strapped for cash now though, but I need to buy one before july 31st to get that free game. Hmm.

daripad

I already expressed it here once, but I think she being lesbian makes my coming out process harder than it already is. I'm frustrated.

Oh, and to make things worse today, I just learned that the guy I tried dating has a boyfriend. Yeah, it shouldn't have an effect on me but it did. *sighs*

Dany

Banned
I already expressed it here once, but I think she being lesbian makes my coming out proccess harder than it already is. I'm frustrated.

Why? It should be easier shouldn't?/ Coming out should be a process if your family has a daughter who is a lesbian.

daripad

Why? It should be easier shouldn't?/ Coming out should be a process if your family has a daughter who is a lesbian.

Coming out to her was easy.

Now try coming out to your homphobic father, he would barely accept one of us, but if the other comes out too, it would crush him and tons of problems would come with it.

zankara

Coming out to her was easy.

Now try coming out to your homphobic father, he would barely accept one of us, but if the other comes out too, it would crush him and tons of problems would come with it.

I was in a similar situation, so I sympathise (My brother is also gay). My father is a pastor and very homophobic and he did not take the news that both his sons are gay very well. Having the support of my brother and knowing he is in the same boat has made it a bit easier to deal with.

VegiHam

You guys know that Chinese philosopher dude with the butterfly dream? I feel like that right now. Not sure which me is the awake me and which is the dream...

Kater

Banned
Just found an awesome blog. :)
jesuspridechristvuj6j.jpg

http://nathanaelvitkus.wordpress.co...-of-chicago-pride-2014im-sorry-campaign-2014/

Came across this through HuffPuff.

You guys know that Chinese philosopher dude with the butterfly dream? I feel like that right now. Not sure which me is the awake me and which is the dream...
I feel like that right now because my sleeping schedule is completely messed up. A day feels like a week, while an hour can feel like a minute. Add feeling disoriented on top of that.
Unless you meant something with a more positive connotation.

VegiHam

I feel like that right now because my sleeping schedule is completely messed up. A day feels like a week, while an hour can feel like a minute. Add feeling disoriented on top of that.
Unless you meant something with a more positive connotation.

I meant more like I have two lives going on, and whichever one I'm in it feels like the real one and the other seems like a dream or something. But that sucks about your sleeping, how come it's messed up?

Prez

GAF, do I look okay? I'm really unpopular on dating sites and I've been on there for a really long time. I finally have some vacation now so I guess it's time to start going out again and meet new people in real life ^^

alvmew

GAF, do I look okay? I'm really unpopular on dating sites and I've been on there for a really long time. I finally have some vacation now so I guess it's time to start going out again and meet new people in real life ^^

I'll date you.

And I feel you. Not the whole looking okay thing
because I know I don't
, but being unpopular on those sites. Would be nice if people would at least bother saying they aren't interested. Blah.

Kater

Banned

You look good. :3
I always thought that it's better to just meet people at bars, in persona.

I meant more like I have two lives going on, and whichever one I'm in it feels like the real one and the other seems like a dream or something. But that sucks about your sleeping, how come it's messed up?
Pfft, just two? Learn to maximize your potential. What is this double life that you are leading?

And I can thank school following a mere week of summer break for that. I'm sleep-napping 2-3 hours in the afternoon and then 3 or less at night. Hard to be productive, here.
I'm really unpopular on dating sites and I've been on there for a really long time.
It's definitely not your looks.
*thirst intensifies*
Most guys definitely don't look like that on the dating sites I've been on.

daripad

Ok guys, wall of text incoming.

For all my life I've been oblivious to society. Reall, I've been missing out on a lot of things, specially sex, obviously. My entire life has been centered on doing other stuff, be it school, videogames, lstening to music, et, but never went farther from that. As of lately I tried to come out to my friends. One friend told me to open up. Then this guy I tried to date came and the answer is obvious. I need to make changes. I need to socialize more. I've been privating myself of many things because I never made real friends until recently and my family being (well, my father, because my mother died a while ago) religious and traditionalist has locked me in my room.

I'm trying to break free. I'm not entirely ready to change my situation entirely, because I still need to be able to live alone, but I really have a huge world to discover. I'm impressed by the amount of info I've been gathering just from this gay guy, I can't imagine the things I have yet to know about. It's going to be hard and it will take a lot of effort, my self esteem doesn't help, but I'm working on it and I've made myself braver. There are definitly more gay guys that I thought too, I'm impressed, though only very few have what I want in a guy in terms of personality, but I'm sure I'll find someone someday. I still cant believe that I really haven't been living lately.

Edit: Prez, you are very handsome, I don't know what's wrong with guys around you, maybe they think they are out of your league

Caladrius

Yeah, I still talk with pretty much all of my previous crushes even if they kind of acted like assholes back then. So I pretty much suck at cutting ties with people.

I was talking the other day to one of my biggest crushes ever, who's been in a relationship for year (as documented here before), about what was going on with my ex and he was like "keep yourself busy with him, your future is me" or something along those lines. Thank God I don't really let him get to me anymore.

For me it's not too hard to leave people most of the time because I have a lot of trouble maintaining connections to begin with. It's just the very few I can bring myself to really care about that are hard to leave.

You handle him more maturely than I would have.
I would have told him he could have all of it.
And by it, I mean himself.

Turned 24 today~ :D

Happy mirthday!

Other than a case of sleepy eyes (I've got it too) you look perfectly fine. You may just need work on writing a profile.

Prez

Awww thanks you guys :) To be fair though, that picture is taken from a very flattering angle and in good lighting. From different angles I have very noticable thinning hair and my skin is ridiculously pale in daylight.

I really haven't had much luck in bars in the past either. I'm not that great at social interactions (I'm diagnosed with social anxiety and mild ASD). The thing I notice on dating sites though is that people seem pretty narcistic, love to talk about themselves but aren't really interested to find out more about me.

Doesn't really matter much anymore I guess, I'm about to graduate and want to move to Africa. Taking my life in an entirely different direction, I'll probably end up happier that way :)

Prez

Out of curiousity, why Africa?

Mostly because I want to move to a entirely different culture. I've pretty much had it with people's attitude where I live. I'll be an audiologist by the way, so I may end up helping people with hearing loss who are not getting sufficient attention.

South Africa more specifically because English is one of the official languages there.

Delio

Prez um we used to talk all the time and your super cute. It's not your looks.

I think you're very good looking. You seem to be in really good shape too. Maybe you need to find a social group in your area with other guys. Sometimes dating websites or bars aren't always the best places. Actually, there's a reddit gay group I am apart of that you would probably fit in very well. They also have Facebook communities that deal with group meet ups/social events, although I've never taken part in the Chicago group... I just post. You just need to find a good outlet to meet people that are like minded and gay.

Once again, thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Really appreciate it! ^_^
I'll date you.

And I feel you. Not the whole looking okay thing
because I know I don't
, but being unpopular on those sites. Would be nice if people would at least bother saying they aren't interested. Blah.
Okay, sorry if it's a bit creepy (like seriously, you have no idea how sorry I am in that case >.<), but when people say things like that I can't help but go back through their post history to see if they've posted a selfie before to see just how wrong they are, and surprise surprise, you look great! Seriously, you look real cute. ;) #WouldDate

Achtius

Mostly because I want to move to a entirely different culture. I've pretty much had it with people's attitude where I live. I'll be an audiologist by the way, so I may end up helping people with hearing loss who are not getting sufficient attention.

South Africa more specifically because English is one of the official languages there.

That's pretty cool. At first I was like O_O, then I looked up lgbt rights in africa. South Africa seems to be the only country I would not want to avoid like the plague in Africa.

Once again, thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Really appreciate it! ^_^

Okay, sorry if it's a bit creepy, but when people say that I can't help but go back through the thread to see if they've posted a selfie before to see just how wrong they are, and surprise surprise, you look great! Seriously, you look real cute. ;) #WouldDate

Now I want to find his picture. thanks.

Prez

Prez um we used to talk all the time and your super cute. It's not your looks.

It's been a really long time since we talked, Delio. How you doin'?

I think you're very good looking. You seem to be in really good shape too. Maybe you need to find a social group in your area with other guys. Sometimes dating websites or bars aren't always the best places. Actually, there's a reddit gay group I am apart of that you would probably fit in very well. They also have Facebook communities that deal with group meet ups/social events, although I've never taken part in the Chicago group... I just post. You just need to find a good outlet to meet people that are like minded and gay.

Haha I'm definitely not in good shape! Just a skinny guy basically.

I'm actually not sure if meeting new people is still that worthwhile. I'll definitely be out of the country within the next year.

That's pretty cool. At first I was like O_O, then I looked up lgbt rights in africa. South Africa seems to be the only country I would not want to avoid like the plague in Africa.

I'm starting to care less about that. I'd be just fine being single with a group of close friends. If I were to end up elsewhere in Africa after a few years, I wouldn't mind.

Oh yeah and happy birthday, ShironRedshift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom