• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're on a Dragon Age kick, my character:

He is adorable. And he has wonderful adventures with Iron Bull. Much sexy time.

lol, your character is so adorable... I'm not sure if I could take him seriously because of his cuteness. :p

Still going on the thirst talk I see.
i0rJZGBHyMGnl.gif

The thirst talk never ends here.

Never.

Kevyt

i would drink his enema if i can wedge my face in his butt.

lol jk

Imagine, your guy just had some spicy Chinese food and Taco Bell, in top of his protein and pre-work out supplements. Now imagine doing what you said with this information in mind... lol.

Imagine, your guy just had some spicy Chinese food and Taco Bell, in top of his protein and pre-work out supplements. Now imagine doing what you said with this information in mind... lol.

speaking of stuff coming out. i had a dream where i was doing squats with some dumbbell. after finishing. the carpet was wet. apparently i splooged a huge ass puddle beneath me. lol

Kevyt

Falling more and more in love with a friend who won't reciprocate my feelings. At least the problem will be solved once I graduate.

Ask him if you can give him a kiss on the cheek on graduation day? I would... I would tell him what I feel, and then ask him if I can give him a kiss.

speaking of stuff coming out. i had a dream where i was doing squats with some dumbbell. after finishing. the carpet was wet. apparently i splooged a huge ass puddle beneath me. lol

So you were all sweaty in your dream? I guess that takes the concept of wet dream to the next level, lol.

Kevyt

Is he gay? I feel like that would be a weird request to ask of a straight guy.

From what I've read from cornburrito, I don't think he is. Yeah it's a weird request, but I'm sure some straight guys would be cool about it. You don't lose anything with asking. The worst that can happen is him saying no.

Edit: or would that be creepy? lol. I can't tell, I mean, I would rather ask if it's okay?

Kater

Banned
I literally laughed out loud when he said
"oh for FUCK'S SAKE" when Cassandra walked in after the other two were already in there. Cullen's response was particularly amusing to me
"Actually, he's the one who's been taking it."

Lovely big guy, and so cheeky.
Since we're on a Dragon Age kick, my character:

He is adorable. And he has wonderful adventures with Iron Bull. Much sexy time.
That's a really cute elf boy you made there. Though I would be worried if the bull decides to
lay on top of him
. (possibly NSFW)

Kevyt

Personally, I don't think I'd propose that to a straight guy, lol.

I think it also depends in how "open-minded" the straight guy is. Some straight guys get hit by gay guys and they don't really care, others are flattered, and some feel threatened and embarrassed. I guess if I was to propose this, it would depend on my own judgment. Of course, I wouldn't propose this to someone who is extremely homophobic, or has strong feelings about the subject regardless of how much I like said individual.

From what I've read from cornburrito, I don't think he is. Yeah it's a weird request, but I'm sure some straight guys would be cool about it. You don't lose anything with asking. The worst that can happen is him saying no.

Edit: or would that be creepy? lol. I can't tell, I mean, I would rather ask if it's okay?

Nah that crosses a line I'm pretty sure.

I've read too much Takeshi Matsu though because I've considered telling him about my feelings once I graduate. But I don't think that's a good idea either.

DOWN

Banned
Let it go. Don't try and kiss him and don't put the pressure of your feelings on him when he isn't going to be able to get on that page with you.

Rayis

The most I'd ask for is a hug, a kiss feels like too much, and even I'd be hesitant about the hug, the way most men are socialized makes it impossible for it not to be awkward.

Kevyt

It's all down to cultural relativity I guess. I should go backpacking to France where it's okay to greet male friends by a kiss lol.

Let it go. Don't try and kiss him and don't put the pressure of your feelings on him when he isn't going to be able to get on that page with you.

Yeah I know. Though my thought process is essentially "He hasn't been very popular or successful with girls, it might be nice for him to know that he actually is attractive to someone."

But yeah, not gonna do it.

DOWN

Banned
Yeah I know. Though my thought process is essentially "He hasn't been very popular or successful with girls, it might be nice for him to know that he actually is attractive to someone."

I suppose it's fine to casually tell him he's a handsome guy, but even I can't go there with straight friends (I've never been attracted to them, so it would truly just be as a friend). I just don't feel comfortable with the chance they'd interpret it as an advance or hint of me looking at them in a sexual way.

I would definitely not approach the idea out of nowhere in some attempt to explain that he is attractive.

What would you do if a girl was trying to tell you she thinks you're attractive or wanted to kiss on the cheek? Genuinely asking. I think I'd be a bit shy over it. There's just nothing I can do about that interest and I don't share the same feelings towards her.

Rayis

Lol, I feel the same way about my co-worker crush, the guy is pretty attractive imo but he's never dated, I actually never seen him show interest in girls but he's mentioned before he isn't gay, he also has been hit on by gay men before and I don't want to add to that by hitting on him as well.

Inches?

My feet are around half a standard human babies height, so 25cm or 9.85 inches.

I looked at a chart 12 in US sizes, which is apparently about 11.5 inches 29.21 cm
Also Height wise i'm i think 5'9 or 5'10. Don't know about weight though. We can probably 3d print some posters with all the stats we've given over the course of time lol.

Nah that crosses a line I'm pretty sure.

I've read too much Takeshi Matsu though because I've considered telling him about my feelings once I graduate. But I don't think that's a good idea either.

I would try to avoid putting yourself in positions where you fall for people that are unavailable. Feelings like these can be pleasant but I think it's dangerous not to consider our implicit assumptions about them, or those we don't bother to make out of a kind of convenience. Like whether it will go anywhere, how the other person would receive your feelings, what sort of emotional turmoil you're going to subject yourself to in the long run, and what is qualifying your passive assumption that this will all be worth it when inevitably you do go your own separate ways and you're left having to resolve all of this on your own in their absence. Feelings aren't really these self-independent things, like helium balloons floating out in a void, they're connected to our agency and participation through various channels and there's a sort of logic to them. We can't turn them off, but we can logically orient ourselves around them and gate ourselves (accepting and renouncing) to them by mediating perspective and examining motive, and not just agreeing to just shut our eyes and go along for the ride. Personally I think life is too tumultuous already for unnecessary heartache, if romantically involved there's already plenty of necessary heartache, as well as those aches characteristic of life just as it is outside of a romantic context. I think it's wise to save the pain for people that will appreciate it.

Kevyt

I was searching for a gif of french men greeting each other with a kiss, went into google typed in "french guys" and the first suggestion was "french guys steal llama" loool... I Clicked on it and got this:

Drunk with a llama. :p

HylianTom

Banned
I have a straight friend in college whom I crushed over a bit. I had internet access in my dorm room, so he would come over at night and use my computer to look at naked women, and I'd usually sit there pretending to be interested in the women while trying to be subtle in my eyeing his nudging the bulge in his shorts.

During each of these very long sessions (this was 1996, where each jpg would load.. very.. very.. slowly..), I'd be wondering in my mind if he was interested in crossing a line with me. Just the two of us, my roommate gone for the weekend, the locks bolted shut, us both quiet as mice, not answering if the phone rang or if there was a knock at the door. I could swear that he was.. eye contact held a bit long, awkward silence, tense breathing. But I was far too scared to do anything about it.

When I came out later on, he was a bit freaked. But then he began to hint to me in private that he was curious. It culminated in him going out to bars by himself, not telling anyone, picking up guys, lightly messing around with them (everything but all-the-way), and then backing away from it all. This "phase" lasted for a few months. He ended-up marrying a woman several years after college and now has three kids. On the rare occasions when I see him, I still swear I can see the gears in his head, turning, thinking.

I still regret not making a move, but at the same time, it makes me smile. Just knowing that he was tempted. Just our secret.

daripad

The only guy I've kissed in my life is a straight guy, though I asked him to do it because he was willing to do that for me. I will never do it again.

So, please, never ask a straight guy to kiss you.

I have a straight friend in college whom I crushed over a bit. I had internet access in my dorm room, so he would come over at night and use my computer to look at naked women, and I'd usually sit there pretending to be interested in the women while trying to be subtle in my eyeing his nudging the bulge in his shorts.

During each of these very long sessions (this was 1996, where each jpg would load.. very.. very.. slowly..), I'd be wondering in my mind if he was interested in crossing a line with me. Just the two of us, my roommate gone for the weekend, the locks bolted shut, us both quiet as mice, not answering if the phone rang or if there was a knock at the door. I could swear that he was.. eye contact held a bit long, awkward silence, tense breathing. But I was far too scared to do anything about it.

When I came out later on, he was a bit freaked. But then he began to hint to me in private that he was curious. It culminated in him going out to bars by himself, not telling anyone, picking up guys, lightly messing around with them (everything but all-the-way), and then backing away from it all. This "phase" lasted for a few months. He ended-up marrying a woman several years after college and now has three kids. On the rare occasions when I see him, I still swear I can see the gears in his head, turning, thinking.

I still regret not making a move, but at the same time, it makes me smile. Just knowing that he was tempted. Just our secret.
sounds like your life is a novel waiting to be written for the world to read.

I would try to avoid putting yourself in positions where you fall for people that are unavailable. Feelings like these can be pleasant but I think it's dangerous not to consider our implicit assumptions about them, or those we don't bother to make out of a kind of convenience. Like whether it will go anywhere, how the other person would receive your feelings, what sort of emotional turmoil you're going to subject yourself to in the long run, and what is qualifying your passive assumption that this will all be worth it when inevitably you do go your own separate ways and you're left having to resolve all of this on your own in their absence. Feelings aren't really these self-independent things, like helium balloons floating out in a void, they're connected to our agency and participation through various channels and there's a sort of logic to them. We can't turn them off, but we can logically orient ourselves around them and gate ourselves (accepting and renouncing) to them by mediating perspective and examining motive, and not just agreeing to just shut our eyes and go along for the ride. Personally I think life is too tumultuous already for unnecessary heartache, if romantically involved there's already plenty of necessary heartache, as well as those aches characteristic of life just as it is outside of a romantic context. I think it's wise to save the pain for people that will appreciate it.

Well I didn't really choose to be in that sort of situation. I can't really drop the class we are enrolled in.

Well I didn't really choose to be in that sort of situation. I can't really drop the class we are enrolled in.

I tried to warn you, though. I'm not talking about dropping the class, but creating a degree of emotional distance before it actually becomes really hard to do so. Honestly I shouldn't care what you do, but I vicariously sort of hurt for people who get themselves into these situations at the same time that I feel frustrated with them for not understanding their motive for it. I know that's not your problem, but personally I don't really buy that people can't know how they actually contribute to the mess they find themselves in. Take that as you will though, I'm supposed to be writing a paper and I wasted too much time on this already.

HylianTom

Banned
sounds like your life is a novel waiting to be written for the world to read.

I'm kinda enjoying telling bits and pieces here. Especially since the topics here help jog my memory so well, lol

And now I'm looking-up videos of what the internet was like in the 90s..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fNUgPvmwE
(piss-poor camerawork, but it demonstrates things well)

A lot of people still have dial up.
We're spoiled. It's a good perspective check.

Kevyt

I tried to warn you, though. I'm not talking about dropping the class, but creating a degree of emotional distance before it actually becomes really hard to do so. Honestly I shouldn't care what you do, but I vicariously sort of hurt for people who get themselves into these situations at the same time that I feel frustrated with them for not understanding their motive for it. I know that's not your problem, but personally I don't really buy that people can't know how they actually contribute to the mess they find themselves in. Take that as you will though, I'm supposed to be writing a paper and I wasted too much time on this already.

You're over-thinking it too much. A crush is a crush, you can't really do much about it.

I'm kinda enjoying telling bits and pieces here. Especially since the topics here help jog my memory so well, lol

And now I'm looking-up videos of what the internet was like in the 90s..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fNUgPvmwE
(piss-poor camerawork, but it demonstrates things well)

A lot of people still have dial up.

HylianTom's little stories always make me smile, specially on such a night of International Treaties and Charters and whatevers.

... I think going in GAF is being useful, as the exam will be in English and I feel quite confident of my progress--

@BurritoDeBlatdemoro, even though for some part I don't believe sexual orientation is a closed cage, and so the "straightness" of a person does not necessarily have to be permanent, this situation is rough, as you might be harboring feelings inside you that the other guy might never be able to correspond.
I was in a similar situation some time ago, and I had to make some painful decisions on distancing myself from him or just having other interests (getting in college, etc.) in my head to stop obsessing about it, and it worked. Kinda.

Still, don't follow my words. I'm a terrible relationship counselor. Out of 5 couples I've helped to create, ALL of them have ended with horrible consequences. I might be the anti-Celestina.

terele.jpg

In case Ianyone was wondering, I'm 5'11" and 230 lbs.
With brown eyes, woo!

HylianTom, At this point, You had better come out with a memoir because I will definitely read the hell out of that lol.

You warned me, and I still accept that warning. The way I see it, I can allow myself the pleasure of being in his company for the short amount of time left I have at this college. After that I wont have contact with him again and the feelings will fade.

Honestly I don't consider the crush too bad. The kid in question is a bit overweight (finding that adds to his cuteness though), and fairly hairy (though with a lovely short/trimmed beard). Not what I was conventionally attracted to so it was nice to see that my tastes are pretty inclusive.

Meicyn

Gold Member
lol, your character is so adorable... I'm not sure if I could take him seriously because of his cuteness. :p
The look is sometimes conflicting during some of the more serious scenes, haha. It's also an interesting contrast for the romance option I've chosen in the game. Add in the anti-elf racism embedded into the game world, and all of these sort of play out as a "looks can be deceiving" kinda thing for my character.

That's a really cute elf boy you made there. Though I would be worried if the bull decides to
lay on top of him
. (possibly NSFW)
Considering Iron Bull's
apparent affinity for BDSM, that situation is probably mild at best compared to whatever else is probably going on.

Scandalous!

Monocle

As someone who played the first DMC1 (it was good) back in the day, and then DmC (honestly it's okay, just too cut-scene happy) recently, should I be hyped that I just bought DMC3 and 4 on Steam? :3 I also bought Proxy Blade Zero since I'm buying so many character action games lately, which was made by a GAF member and looks really cool.
Yes, they're great if you like action games with super deep combat systems. We just had a thread on gaming side where I was talking about how the Bayonetta games beat DMC3 and 4 in every area except high-level combo potential. But we were discussing which outstanding series is a little more outstanding than the other, so... You've got plenty to look forward to. Have fun.

I laughed.

mantidor

Are these Dragon Age gay characters any good? I have these impression they are terrible, then again I feel most characters in these games are terribly written anyway.

You guys have a preference for shaved vs. stubble for making out?

I prefer the unshaved feeling.

There's a certain stubble that is painful, like sandpaper. Besides that one I do not have strong preferences either way, but kissing a beard feels nice, it's different, good but different.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Is anybody playing Dragon Age Inquisition? I..... saw the clip of the climax of having the fab Dorian as your romance interest on YouTube...... let's just say baby got back, I know who I'm going for in my playthrough (I can't link to it, still @ work and it's def NSFW). Is it possible to have a crush on a video game character? (how embarrassing lol)!

d37134584e9938c294eb95afe8d3b664.jpg
I really dislike the Hitler Youth hair and awful mustache. They completely clash with the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom