• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

Call the Ghostbusters ASAP.

Seriously though, are you in some stressful period such as Exams or something like that? I rmember I once spaced out a bit because of too frequent all-nighters.
I have been trying to write an essay and getting nowhere all week,, but it's not due for ages...

Dany

Banned
I don't get nervous around girls. Just guys.

Today there were the two hottest/cutest guy at a table at this community fair. We talked but just about hiv prevention in nursing.

#struggle.

I don't get nervous around girls. Just guys.

Today there were the two hottest/cutest guy at a table at this community fair. We talked but just about hiv prevention in nursing.

#struggle.

should have suggested to practice safe sex and how to prevent such thing in 1 on 1 session. (y)

Do you guys get nervous around pretty girls? I figured that I shouldn't, but I do... it's weird. I wonder why.

Well, I just get nervous around people. So I swear at them a lot. Makes them less likely to make me any more nervous. :c

It's normal! Well, not the swearing part, the nervous part. Nothing to be worried about, dearie~

DOWN

Banned
Do you guys make eye contact with people, especially guys? Like when walking by?

Since I came out, I've gone all out on eye contact. Not inappropriately, but just sort of long enough that there can be a question of interest. Before I couldn't let a guy see me staring at him, but now I can just keep it going with whomever. It feels a bit empowering to be able to look someone in the eyes and not be worried about being a guy staring at a guy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My assdar went off, so I'm here.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

DOWN

Banned
Well, I just get nervous around people. So I swear at them a lot. Makes them less likely to make me any more nervous. :c

It's normal! Well, not the swearing part, the nervous part. Nothing to be worried about, dearie~

Girl: Hi, I'm -

Masquerader: ARE YOU A FUCKING STALKER?

I have been trying to write an essay and getting nowhere all week,, but it's not due for ages...

Totally know the feeling! Don't worry about it, sometimes you may feel pwerless against a blank paper, but I'm sending you positive inspiration and all my greek muses so you'll be successful in it!

Well, maybe I overdid my excitedness

Buh the way, am I the only one who doesn't know how to move around GAF. I want to post somewhere but I'm too scared of it >.< and I really wanted to see if someone bought Game of Thrones today.

Kevyt

I get nervous around everyone. I suppose with girls who are nice and pretty, it would matter to me not to make a fool of myself just because there's no fun in giving a bad impression to people who have a generally admirable presence.

Just a high anxiety and worrisome person all around.

I think that's the same with me. I'm afraid of leaving a bad impression regardless of the person's gender.

lol.

Do you guys make eye contact with people, especially guys? Like when walking by?

Since I came out, I've gone all out on eye contact. Not inappropriately, but just sort of long enough that there can be a question of interest. Before I couldn't let a guy see me staring at him, but now I can just keep it going with whomever. It feels a bit empowering to be able to look someone in the eyes and not be worried about being a guy staring at a guy.

I try to avoid eye contact with strangers, especially cute guys. I do worry about a guy staring at another guy in a sense that it might make them feel uncomfortable. It is also safer for me to assume that every guy I see out in the streets is straight. Unless I'm having a conversation with someone, I will avoid eye contact.

Actually, it's more a dismissive 'Oh, fuck off, you cunt' thing, regardless of gender. But yes, I think I'll employ that phrase from now on. It'd certainly eliminate some meaningless conversations and allow me to get the hell on with whatever it is that I'm doing without some idiot trying to talk to me and unnerve me.

Thanks! I call dibs.
I'll invite GayGAF to our wedding.

... Aww. I called dibs in my mind. ;-;

DOWN

Banned
I try to avoid eye contact with strangers, especially cute guys. I do worry about a guy staring at another guy in a sense that it might make them feel uncomfortable. It is also safer for me to assume that every guy I see out in the streets is straight. Unless I'm having a conversation with someone, I will avoid eye contact.

I have no gaydar. I am just never sure a guy is gay unless he says out loud it in some way. But nonetheless, I find it nice to be able to look rather than glancing and always looking elsewhere when any guy or girl is looking around and lands on me.

Kevyt

Actually, it's more a dismissive 'Oh, fuck off, you cunt' thing, regardless of gender. But yes, I think I'll employ that phrase from now on. It'd certainly eliminate some meaningless conversations and allow me to get the hell on with whatever it is that I'm doing without some idiot trying to talk to me and unnerve me.

... Aww. I called dibs in my mind. ;-;

What? Why? I hope you aren't serious. This is why I'm also afraid of starting a random conversation with someone. >.>

Edit: it also makes you look very anti-social and misogynistic.

VegiHam

Totally know the feeling! Don't worry about it, sometimes you may feel pwerless against a blank paper, but I'm sending you positive inspiration and all my greek muses so you'll be successful in it!

Well, maybe I overdid my excitedness

Buh the way, am I the only one who doesn't know how to move around GAF. I want to post somewhere but I'm too scared of it >.< and I really wanted to see if someone bought Game of Thrones today.
Thanks Nick! It's coming along slowly. The paper's not blank, but it's full of sentences to the effect of 'obviously this is nonsense but go with me' and 'look I found a blog that's totally a credible reference right' and 'this fictional 18th century woman is totally a codependent'...

What? Why? I hope you aren't serious. This is why I'm also afraid of starting a random conversation with someone. >.>

Oh well, everyone's horrible and raw-faced over here, anyway. I'm not like that to people who are polite (Who I am yet to meet yet). Just to normal people/scumbags, yes~?

DOWN

Banned
Despite the tech troubles, Unity's incredible creative success convinced me that I should buy 2015's AC no matter what because I'm sure they know not to screw up a launch again. And sure enough, I'm going to Victorian London.

Kevyt

I have no gaydar. I am just never sure a guy is gay unless he says out loud it in some way. But nonetheless, I find it nice to be able to look rather than glancing and always looking elsewhere when any guy or girl is looking around and lands on me.

Same. The idea of coming off wrong to someone who I just met at a bus stop, or at the metro is terrible. I'm also going by personal experience, some of my friends and family members have expressed disgust when they felt as if they were being "checked out" by someone of the same sex. Call it homophobia, insecurity or bigotry, but I wouldn't want to make some one uncomfortable just by laying my eyes on them. This is what I always worry about, and hence I avoid looking at a stranger directly for some time. I'm also an extremely thirsty guy, so if I lay my eyes on a guy I like I cannot stop looking. So I have to control myself by just avoiding eye contact and from looking at said individual at all.

Oh well, everyone's horrible and raw-faced over here, anyway. I'm not like that to people who are polite (Who I am yet to meet yet). Just to normal people/scumbags, yes~?

Hmm okay. So that means that if you didn't know me, I could strike up a conversation with you, without any cursing? I'd be polite and you would reciprocate? Sounds good :p but what if you find my conversation meaningless and boring?

Hmm okay. So that means that if you didn't know me, I could strike up a conversation with you, without any cursing? I'd be polite and you would reciprocate? Sounds good :p but what if you find my conversation meaningless and boring?

At the very worst, I will listen to someone who makes the effort to be polite, regardless of how interesting they are being. And I'm rather easily interested, so long as the conversation isn't the usual sectarian/homophobic/sexist babble spouted by most people over here. A conversation with you would... Certainly be a welcome change.

Oh, and swearing's EXTREMELY common here, from toddler to pensioner. I don't exactly live in a lovely, well-off neighbourhood.

you sound pleasant! 'normal people' lol

Normal people here are scumbags. Well, actually, normal people everywhere tend to be that, intentionally or otherwise. :p But still, yeah, normal people here in particular are especially crude and nasty.

Kevyt

Despite the tech troubles, Unity's incredible creative success convinced me that I should buy 2015's AC no matter what because I'm sure they know not to screw up a launch again. And sure enough, I'm going to Victorian London.

IGN just posted this article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/assassins-creed-victory-has-been-leaked

Victorian England is like one of my favorite time/places in history! I'm still playing Unity, and despite all the bugs, glitches and poor performance, I'm enjoying it. Co-op is fun when it works and with friends.

At the very worst, I will listen to someone who makes the effort to be polite, regardless of how interesting they are being. And I'm rather easily interested, so long as the conversation isn't the usual sectarian/homophobic/sexist babble spouted by most people over here. A conversation with you would... Certainly be a welcome change.

Oh, and swearing's EXTREMELY common here, from toddler to pensioner. I don't exactly live in a lovely, well-off neighbourhood.

Normal people here are scumbags. Well, actually, normal people everywhere tend to be that, intentionally or otherwise. :p But still, yeah, normal people here in particular are especially crude and nasty.

Well I would talk about Mexican stuff, like Tamales, and Chiles Rellenos and things you wouldn't know/understand unless you're Mexican :p Which would make the conversation extremely boring for you, I'm sure. I would also rant about Taco Bell and how their Tacos are not real Tacos and how Americans just seem to call anything with a crispy shell a Taco >.> All of this while talking in a Sofia Vergara accent. It would be a very boring conversation :)

IGN just posted this article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/assassins-creed-victory-has-been-leaked

Victorian England is like one of my favorite time/places in history! I'm still playing Unity, and despite all the bugs, glitches and poor performance, I'm enjoying it. Co-op is fun when it works and with friends.

Well I would talk about Mexican stuff, like Tamales, and Chiles Rellenos and things you wouldn't know/understand unless you're Mexican :p Which would make the conversation extremely boring for you, I'm sure. I would also rant about Taco Bell and how their Tacos are not real Tacos and how Americans just seem to call anything with a crispy shell a Taco >.> All of this while talking in a Sofia Vergara accent. It would be a very boring conversation :)

Oh, well, er. I can't say that I could relate to it, but I could get the general gist of Mexican Tacos being superior to US Tacos, and raise you other instances of where native foodstuffs are superior to their pathetic imitators. Let the conversation spiral on from there, perhaps? And I doubt that you'd be able to understand what I'm saying, either. It's a little known fact that people from the UK are the worst at speaking English so that other people can understand. :c

And in regards to Victorian England... It's a fascinating and interesting place and time to look back upon, but I'm just going to say one thing: I'd rather be dead than living there. It seemed so... Horrific to live in for almost all concerned.

Kater

Banned
Blind loyalism is never a wise thing, but that's just my personal opinion. &#128521;

I would wait for reviews and other customers opinon on the game before I buy it. Maybe even view an LP of it before I buy the game for myself.

Oh wow, that "Lord" Monckton [URL="http://www.blick.ch/news/ausland/britischer-lord-ueber-trauriges-leben-schwule-haben-20000-sex-partner-id3317540.html"]even got an article on a Swiss site
. (The "Gay people get 20.000 sexual partners in one life[/URL]!" thing)

Kevyt

Oh, well, er. I can't say that I could relate to it, but I could get the general gist of Mexican Tacos being superior to US Tacos, and raise you other instances of where native foodstuffs are superior to their pathetic imitators. Let the conversation spiral on from there, perhaps? And I doubt that you'd be able to understand what I'm saying, either. It's a little known fact that people from the UK are the worst at speaking English so that other people can understand. :c

And in regards to Victorian England... It's a fascinating and interesting place and time to look back upon, but I'm just going to say one thing: I'd rather be dead than living there. It seemed so... Horrific to live in for almost all concerned.

I have Irish friends, I can understand Irish accents just fine. You are from Ireland right?

Blind loyalism is never a wise thing, but that's just my personal opinion. &#55357;&#56841;

I would wait for reviews and other customers opinon on the game befor I buy it. Maybe even view an LP of it before I buy the game for myself.

Holy shit, yesssssssssss. I've been wanting this setting for fucking years. Please Christ don't fuck it up, Ubisoft.

original.jpg

Kater

Banned
Yep, even if Fallout 4 would be released tomorrow I wouldn't buy it blindly (as someone who is really obsessed with apocalyptic settings, mods and the Fallout lore). I just can't stand getting de-valued and regarded as a blind consumer who doesn't have any critical thinking by publishers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
At the very mildest, public figures and politicians thought it would look bad on them to back anything supporting gay people. AIDS was a gay problem to the public at the time, so that meant helping those affected would be helping gay people and not many were empathetic or daring enough to do so as I understand it.

Right, but even the movie mentioned that at the time (I dunno, I wasn't alive at the time) that AIDS was being transferred heterosexually in Africa. Surely the doctor and protest group could've pointed to that and said: "No. It isn't just homosexuals that are getting this?"

DOWN

Banned
Yep, even if Fallout 4 would be released tomorrow I wouldn't buy it blindly (as someone who is really obsessed with apocalyptic settings, mods and the Fallout lore). I just can't stand getting de-valued and regarded as a blind consumer who doesn't have any critical thinking by publishers.

Hey, I've been a bastard to them on social media and didn't get Far Cry 4. But nah, I'm not letting AC go. It speaks to me. Stutters sometimes, but speaks to me nonetheless.

Right, but even the movie mentioned that at the time (I dunno, I wasn't alive at the time) that AIDS was being transferred heterosexually in Africa. Surely the doctor and protest group could've pointed to that and said: "No. It isn't just homosexuals that are getting this?"

Well definitive answers and science helped turn it around, but it was largely considered a problem that gays were bringing upon themselves and heterosexuals by many people in denial and uncertain of the science behind it.

Mr. F

Banned

I agree with the principle, but I think Fallout 4 would break me. It's been too long, praying for a reveal at the VGAs (or whatever they're called now) this Friday.

Kevyt

Worse. I'm from Northern Ireland. Basically, Ireland is South Korea. Northern Ireland is North Korea. And our voices are absolutely revolting.

Here is a... Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unGtpBP83as

Yes. That's literally how most of us speak.

Well I found this video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zet3kC-3Go

I can understand the guy on the left. He's also cute, lol.

I'm drunk again. Sandeman got to me. Spanish wine, I love you so much.

cersei-wine-game-of-thrones.gif

This is the first time that I have met someone who can think critically while being drunk, lol. :p

RM8

I admit to having a set of trusted series that I buy blindly and I haven't been disappointed yet :] I'm not saying it's a responsible habit, but still. Street Fighter, KOF*, Tekken, Mario platformers, Kirby, Fire Emblem, etc.

Still, that might change if they release a broken, unfinished, untested piece of crap, that made me avoid EA for the rest of my gaming days.

*KOF XII was the exception.

Kater

Banned
Hey, I've been a bastard to them on social media and didn't get Far Cry 4. But nah, I'm not letting AC go. It speaks to me. Stutters sometimes, but speaks to me nonetheless.
Far Cry is a far cry from being a good game, so be glad you didn't get it. (This is a bad joke, so disregared it)

As for Assassins Creed, I will only take it seriously when they start to bring some new stuff to game. AC Unity is just more of the same and I've grown sick of it.

I agree with the principle, but I think Fallout 4 would break me. It's been too long, praying for a reveal at the VGAs (or whatever they're called now) this Friday.
Nah, I could wait if Bethesda really screwed us with a new buggy game again. I don't want to beta test games of multi million dollar studios, they have the playtesters for that. ;)

This is the first time that I have met someone who can think critically while being drunk, lol. :p
I try to stay consistent. ;)

Mr. F

Banned
Nah, I could wait if Bethesda really screwed us with a new buggy game again. I don't want to beta test games of multi million dollar studios, they have the playtesters for that. ;)

I would feel more confident if it was confirmed they had ditched that horrible engine...but I'm not sure that's the case. Also I sort of wish Obsidian was getting another go, New Vegas was leagues ahead of Fallout 3 in my mind.

Well I found this video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zet3kC-3Go

I can understand the guy on the left. He's also cute, lol.

Oh, a Ballymena man. Figures. They get taught to speak properly. I suppose that happens when you're in a rich, Protestant area. Bah. He speaks clearer than 90% of us do, trust me. :p

I would feel more confident if it was confirmed they had ditched that horrible engine...but I'm not sure that's the case. Also I sort of wish Obsidian was getting another go, New Vegas was leagues ahead of Fallout 3 in my mind.

... Is the right answer! Well done~

DOWN

Banned

God that engine just has the most antiquated PC principles stabbing at your eyes. The floating, disjointed motion is so awful.

Kater

Banned
Pretty sure that they won't use a new engine since I bet that they still count on the modding community to support the new game until their next game releases.

And yeah, FNV was way better in it's writing than FO3 but only because it felt way more like the first two. Fallout 3 was really awkward since it seems so determined on you being a good guy (you have to side with the Brotherhood) while New Vegas let you choose everything for yourself.

DOWN

Banned
That guy I complained about texting me too much texted me three times today please help

Keep in mind I almost never respond to him and haven't in like a week and it was "I have exams. I'm not going to see you." Because he sent me a bunch saying he really needed to see me because he misses me.

It was like he was getting progressively more desperate today. This morning started with a shirtless selfie of him smiling and said "may the sunshine light up your beautiful smile. here's mine. have a great day"

then he said "Hope you are well. Miss you :)"

Then he just sent a "<3" about two hours after

Ugh. Next time I see him I've got this whole explanation laid out where I am going to tell him he is not talking like he has moved on and that's too much pressure to me. And I don't say miss you, or text everyday, or send shirtless selfies with friends so it is all very uncomfortable to me. But I don't want to blindside him with it in a text.

Mr. F

Banned
... Is the right answer! Well done~

:D

God that engine just has the most antiquated PC principles stabbing at your eyes. The floating, disjointed motion is so awful.

Yeah I'm not sure they could get away with the kind of jankiness that comes with using Gamebryo on a new generation of systems...I'm sure they'll try though. For all the tweaks and changes they claimed to have made to it for Skyrim it still left a lot to be desired.

Pretty sure that they won't use a new engine since I bet that they still count on the modding community to support the new game until their next game releases.

And yeah, FNV was way better in it's writing than FO3 but only because it felt way more like the first two. Fallout 3 was really awkward since it seems so determined on you being a good guy (you have to side with the Brotherhood) while New Vegas let you choose everything for yourself.

Definitely. Not only that, but I found the setting/conflicts a lot more interesting in FNV. The DLC was way stronger too (loved Old World Blues).

...hm, I might have to start a new character.

Kater

Banned
Definitely. Not only that, but I found the setting/conflicts a lot more interesting in FNV. The DLC was way stronger too (loved Old World Blues).

...hm, I might have to start a new character.
Every DLC in FNV was near perfect, really. There are people that say that FO3's DLC was better but they are talking trash. Even Lomesome Road is better than playing Fallout 3 main story again, let alone the awful DLC missions.

I really don't like Fallout 3 though. It's got none of the charm and humour of the old games (unlike Fallout New Vegas which even has two companions directly related to people in Fallout 2). &#128532;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom