• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Dat-Lip-Bite-On-Reporter-Interviewing-Some-Bodybuilding-Competititon-Winner.gif

See, that's the type of guy that I'm not tooooo interested in personally. He's just a bit too muscular for my tastes. He could probably break me in half easily. :p

But let's be honest, I wouldn't kick him out of bed.
;)

Sibylus

Banned
See, that's the type of guy that I'm not tooooo interested in personally. He's just a bit too muscular for my tastes. He could probably break me in half easily. :p

;)
Let's be honest-honest: you couldn't! (hue hue)

DOWN

Banned
They need to take that interview and set it to a certain fantastic Rhythm Heaven Fever song.. :)

Gif spoiler
She's actually biting her lip because she is trying not to cry about his recovery story. His wife is part of the interview but is cropped out of the gif and the three of them are good friends.

Here, there's no spoilers for this one:

courtney-stodden-o.gif

That feeling when your new favorite model that seemingly fell off the face of the Earth starts posting pictures again. :3

Also, the new Tide commercial with the gay couple is soooooooooooooo cute. :D

HylianTom

Banned
Gif spoiler
She's actually biting her lip because she is trying not to cry about his recovery story. His wife is part of the interview but is cropped out of the gif and the three of them are good friends.
Oww..

Well, this isn't the first time I've suggested inappropriate application of that song.. :p

Meanwhile, I apparently have a Tide commercial to find. I love it that more & more ads are including queer folk; if you'd told me ten years ago that we'd be at this point, I would've been amazed.

DOWN

Banned
Oww..

Well, this isn't the first time I've suggested inappropriate application of that song.. :p

Meanwhile, I apparently have a Tide commercial to find. I love it that more & more ads are including queer folk; if you'd told me ten years ago that we'd be at this point, I would've been amazed.

It's okay, the gif is supposed to be cut for the hot and heavy interpretation

And I couldn't find the Tide ad either

Oww..

It's okay, the gif is supposed to be cut for the hot and heavy interpretation

And I couldn't find the Tide ad either
It might be Canada only.

We've got a few national ads running right now that star gay couples/families. Not just in the background, or part of a group of other people, but as the main focus of the commercial. It's amazing. :D

Kevyt

It might be Canada only.

We've got a few national ads running right now that star gay couples/families. Not just in the background, or part of a group of other people, but as the main focus of the commercial. It's amazing. :D

There is also an Ikea commercial with a gay couple. Totally random but somewhat related; Burger King also had a pride burger in support of gay pride. It had a nice rainbow like wrapper but the burger was the same as any other burger. The wrapper had a written message along the lines of "everyone is the same in the inside." So sweet.

DOWN

Banned
Current Chevy crossover ad has a gay couple in the front seats with straight guest couple in the back seats. Honey Maid has Graham Cracker ads with gay dads from earlier this year.

Yeah, it's way more common in the last year or two.

Monocle

;)
Let's be honest-honest: you couldn't! (hue hue)
That's why I keep a stack of protein bars under my pillow. When it's time for Fist Crunchwell to make himself scarce I just toss a powermilk brick or whatever out the window and away he goes!

The Adder

Banned
Hello, folks. I've been writing a book. Low fantasy.

So I've constructed a world with a country whose culture posses views on gender, sex, and sexuality that aren't the same as the views in the culture I've grown up in.

I've got a character in my story who is trans. Born female, identifies as heterosexual male. Wrapping my head around how someone in the exact same situation as myself might view their own identity differently in such a world is already a bit of a trip, so as far as this particular character goes, I thought it would be prudent to ask people with relevant life experience.

Granted, very little, if any, of this would actually be written directly onto the page, but I like to be in my characters' heads when I write them. Even as far as things that aren't directly related to the events unfolding. I like to have it in mind in case it could color any aspect of what they are currently doing, or how they are presenting themselves.

Anyways, to summarize what I'm writing here, I'd like to ask if anyone would consider it terribly rude or overly personal of me to ask how you might approach your own identity or the presentation thereof in such a world.

And that's an open question, btw, not just asking TransGAF.

For the sake of decorum, I won't start laying out the parameters of this country until I get an okay. Or if anyone would be interested, but think it's a better thing to discuss via PM, that's cool too.

Thanks.

royalan

Hello, folks. I've been writing a book. Low fantasy.

So I've constructed a world with a country whose culture posses views on gender, sex, and sexuality that aren't the same as the views in the culture I've grown up in.

I've got a character in my story who is trans. Born female, identifies as heterosexual male. Wrapping my head around how someone in the exact same situation as myself might view their own identity differently in such a world is already a bit of a trip, so as far as this particular character goes, I thought it would be prudent to ask people with relevant life experience.

Granted, very little, if any, of this would actually be written directly onto the page, but I like to be in my characters' heads when I write them. Even as far as things that aren't directly related to the events unfolding. I like to have it in mind in case it could color any aspect of what they are currently doing, or how they are presenting themselves.

Anyways, to summarize what I'm writing here, I'd like to ask if anyone would consider it terribly rude or overly personal of me to ask how you might approach your own identity or the presentation thereof in such a world.

And that's an open question, btw, not just asking TransGAF.

For the sake of decorum, I won't start laying out the parameters of this country until I get an okay. Or if anyone would be interested, but think it's a better thing to discuss via PM, that's cool too.

Thanks.

You should make a thread. It's an interesting idea, and the way you frame your question isn't really offensive, at least to me. I mean, can't promise that OT-GAF won't fuck it up, as per. But I'd read this thread.

CDPorkins

Neo Member
Do you know what sucks about living in Not-Quite-Rural-But-Still-Pretty-Rural Australia?
The fact that all the hot dudes are either a)Straight or b)2 Hours away.

There's still a good bit of eye candy though, especially when the miners go on break.

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Do you know what sucks about living in Not-Quite-Rural-But-Still-Pretty-Rural Australia?

There's still a good bit of eye candy though, especially when the miners go on break.

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Welcome!

I have the same problem -- even down to the distance away!

Hey, I'm Porkins.
heey :D welcome

Grizzo

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Haha what a great way to introduce yourself! I hope some gay or bi hot dudes are gonna come around where you live pretty soon. That's my Christmas wish for you.

Also your avatar is funny. So, welcome Porkins!

Here, there's no spoilers for this one:

courtney-stodden-o.gif

Courtney Stodden is the devil

*shudders*

Hey, I'm Porkins.
Hey, welcome. :)
I'm TheAbsolution.

VegiHam

Hey, I'm Porkins.
Hi, and that's not exclusive to Australia. Same in Not-Quite-Rural-But-Still-Pretty-Rural England, except for the 2 hours part :p

Vazduh

I'd eat that pizza.

Hey, I'm Porkins.

I can tell you that living in rural Croatia isn't that much better
tiJdxY9.png
tiJdxY9.png

Welcome, btw. And I hope that you find someone closer to you!

DOWN

Banned
That Pizza looks disgusting :|
Nah, it's the ever-popular Big Mama's and Papa's:
_73348514_ap_bradpizza.jpg

oscar%20pizza

pizza-oscars.jpg

1786393_et_0302_oscars_als_12851.jpg

6d549e3db229a4fd1413e01cc4466ee0.jpg

And remember, there's a second one with the lid on that she hasn't been hanging out with which may be cheese. That's not bad for a Halloween party at all.

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Hello! Real life miners, eh?

Kater

Banned

Hey, I'm Porkins.
Hello and welcome to this thread, Porkins! 😊

red13th

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Australia must be a dream place, you should start exporting hot guys to other countries. kinda like a commodity market.

scarlet

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Yeah same problems with me, I won't date someone in my city. That's why I always have LDR

but seriously tho, Australian has the hottest white men.

Hey, I'm Porkins.

Hello, and welcome! I should become a miner myself. Seems tiring but easy, and has other benefits to boot. c;

The Adder

Banned
You should make a thread. It's an interesting idea, and the way you frame your question isn't really offensive, at least to me. I mean, can't promise that OT-GAF won't fuck it up, as per. But I'd read this thread.

I'll probably do that then. Later though, as I'm currently working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom