• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
The Freedom of Conscience Bill

More like Freedom of Hate-Speech.

Edit:

I really hope they don't approve of this next year. That would make the situation for many people there a lot worse. Bullying would increase too, since it means that a child is allowed to say anything. The same applies to bullying at the workplace. It won't just affect how married gay couples are treated, but literally every LGB person would suffer then.

What a bunch of lunatics. This is immoral.

More like Freedom of Hate-Speech.

Edit:

I really hope they don't approve of this next year. That would make the situation for many people there a lot worse. Bullying would increase too, since it means that a child is allowed to say anything. The same applies to bullying at the workplace. It won't just affect how married gay couples are treated, but literally every LGB person would suffer then.

What a bunch of lunatics. This is immoral.

I'm sorry to say that they'll likely approve of it. They're the dominant lunatics, and their word is basically law. Every other party's too cowardly as well. Oh, and the bullying figures are already EXTREMELY high, especially considering that around about 20000 people in the country up to secondary school have seriously comtemplated suicide solely due to being bullied because of their sexuality. It's a horrid affair that'll only get worse as time goes by.

Kater

Banned
I'm sorry to say that they'll likely approve of it. They're the dominant lunatics, and their word is basically law. Every other party's too cowardly as well. Oh, and the bullying figures are already EXTREMELY high, especially considering that around about 20000 people in the country up to secondary school have seriously comtemplated suicide solely due to being bullied because of their sexuality. It's a horrid affair that'll only get worse as time goes by.

I don't really know much about the political landscape in Ireland, I only knew that a lot of people there are deeply religious - which isn't a problem, until you start out of some irrational hatred towards a group of people to strip them of their rights. Which is what I suspect those people in that party are. Deeply religious douchebags.

I read about the number in the very same article, yeah. Lots of kids who think about suicide because of bullying. It's terrible, no other word comes to mind.

What a bunch of douchebags.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Mr_Zombie

We are experiencing such regression here.

Unbelievable. I love how everyone goes on about the UK being 'gay friendly' while always conveniently forgetting that Northern Ireland exists. Ugh. Can't wait to get the fuck out.

Well, this:
"This is just updating 'No dogs, No blacks, No Irish' to include 'No gays'."

sums it up pretty well. Previously you were free to discriminate against black people because it was allowed to think of them as second- (or even lower) class citizens. Now you're allowed to discriminate against gay people because of religion.

And I wonder if they are aware that this might hit not only gay couples, but everyone else. Each religion has their restrictions and laws (and if you're a devout, orthodox religious person, those laws can sometimes be really weird -- e.g. see Levicitus) that may be used against people of different religion (or atheists).

And funny how those religious people very often use the "think of the children" argument in order to stop "promoting" homosexuality, but at the same time they don't mind thousands of kids being hurt (physically or psychically) or even committing suicide because of the discrimination.

Yeah, Korra is no good. I watched a ton of episodes and tried really hard to like it, I just can't enjoy a show like that if I don't like the protagonists.

Best to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender again and read the graphic novels that keep coming out.

Dany

Banned
Season three and four have been better than the first two. But Korra pales in comparison to Aang. I do like this season and the characters.

I'm just looking forward for Korrasami to happen.

I don't really know much about the political landscape in Ireland, I only knew that a lot of people there are deeply religious - which isn't a problem, until you start out of some irrational hatred towards a group of people to strip them of their rights. Which is what I suspect those people in that party are. Deeply religious douchebags.

I read about the number in the very same article, yeah. Lots of kids who think about suicide because of bullying. It's terrible, no other word comes to mind.

What a bunch of douchebags.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Well, this:

sums it up pretty well. Previously you were free to discriminate against black people because it was allowed to think of them as second- (or even lower) class citizens. Now you're allowed to discriminate against gay people because of religion.

And I wonder if they are aware that this might hit not only gay couples, but everyone else. Each religion has their restrictions and laws (and if you're a devout, orthodox religious person, those laws can sometimes be really weird -- e.g. see Levicitus) that may be used against people of different religion (or atheists).

And funny how those religious people very often use the "think of the children" argument in order to stop "promoting" homosexuality, but at the same time they don't mind thousands of kids being hurt (physically or psychically) or even committing suicide because of the discrimination.

Well, it was never about religion, moreso using religion as an excuse for violence and hatred. Absolutely horrible people run this place, and it's not going to change any time soon. Still, I... Do wish that I could get married to whoever I want, and not be turned down services that other people get as well. It doesn't help that I'm also Irish, which'd definitely affect any chances of getting a job, regardless of the shite they spout saying 'We accept everyone here'. Anyway, this has truly ruined my day. Knowing my luck, it'll wind up ruining my life as well, in one form or another. Ugh.

Nathan Drake chest hair... mmm..

AjarBlushingFox.gif

Also, nice touch with the wind affecting the shirt, too:

U4shirt.gif

Why have the Uncharted games not had a shirtless scene, ugh! :p

Kater

Banned
Well, it was never about religion, moreso using religion as an excuse for violence and hatred. Absolutely horrible people run this place, and it's not going to change any time soon. Still, I... Do wish that I could get married to whoever I want, and not be turned down services that other people get as well. It doesn't help that I'm also Irish, which'd definitely affect any chances of getting a job, regardless of the shite they spout saying 'We accept everyone here'. Anyway, this has truly ruined my day. Knowing my luck, it'll wind up ruining my life as well, in one form or another. Ugh.

Can't those politicians in Brussel put pressure on them? North Ireland is part of Europe, so they should have some power there over political decisions.

... You guys have some nice... Varied Tumblr blogs. c:

Can't those politicians in Brussel put pressure on them? North Ireland is part of Europe, so they should have some power there over political decisions.

Eh, I'm not sure. One of our many problems is that the UK is trying to get out of the EU, so there'll be no chance of that ever happening. However, perhaps the worst problem is that literally no-one cares about NI. Grr.

Kater

Banned
omg... Is my blog really that nsfw lol
So young and already such a dirty mind. 😉

Eh, I'm not sure. One of our many problems is that the UK is trying to get out of the EU, so there'll be no chance of that ever happening. However, perhaps the worst problem is that literally no-one cares about NI. Grr.
Some parties in Austria, France and Germany (mainly the right-wing) want to get out of EU too, but that is just not going to happen. GB and North Ireland are together, right? How would that happen that such an important country escapes the clutches of EU? 😉

Sai-kun

Banned
sai i love your tumblr, just felt like i needed to say that tbh

aw thanks, i love yours too! :) <3

So what do you think of Korra thus far?
What season are you up to?

Whatever the latest episode was that aired the past week. It's the only episode I've watched in full, so I guess it's cool? I like the juxtaposition of magic and industrial revolution. I'd definitely like to see a present-day thing.

also my sometimes-nsfw tumblr is: 7echnicolor.tumblr.com :)

Some parties in Austria, France and Germany (mainly the right-wing) want to get out of EU too, but that is just not going to happen. GB and North Ireland are together, right? How would that happen that such an important country escapes the clutches of EU? &#128521;

Oh, it's simple. The current UK government is firmly right-wing, and the EU has successfully been portrayed as the devil. Also, everyone here hates immigrants (and is racist), in spite of them basically making up the backbone of the country. Either way, expect the UK to leave soonish, unless we get a less right-wing government in (which is... Possible, seeing as a lot more people don't like Darth Cameron than he thinks).

Kevyt

Joey Graceffa needs to come out too, boy ain't fooling anyone

sorry for being horribly stereotypical

I always assumed he was... bad assumption from my part, I guess.

I am glad for Connor that he had the courage to come out - given that his fanbase is mostly girls. The language that he used in most of his videos was gender-neutral and I found it interesting.

ask-connor-franta-o.gif

Kater

Banned
Oh, it's simple. The current UK government is firmly right-wing, and the EU has successfully been portrayed as the devil. Also, everyone here hates immigrants (and is racist), in spite of them basically making up the backbone of the country. Either way, expect the UK to leave soonish, unless we get a less right-wing government in (which is... Possible, seeing as a lot more people don't like Darth Cameron than he thinks).
Well, a lot of people think that Strache or Le Pen have it in their might to get Austria/France our of the EU but I just don't see it happening. What does the UK do without the EU backing them. Haha

I followed all the tumblr blogs you linked here

I'll get to shape mine once I have time at night
You are http://kingddd94.tumblr.com/, right?

Quick everyone, follow daripaf.

Now you only need to decide what to do with your tumble. Do poetry, do art (writing or drawing) stuff, put out your thoughts (political or just on everyday life), reblog hot pictures/gifs or a mix of all those things?

daripad

You are http://kingddd94.tumblr.com/, right?

Quick everyone, follow daripaf.

Now you only need to decide what to do with your tumble. Do poetry, do art (writing or drawing) stuff, put out your thoughts (political or just on everyday life), reblog hot pictures/gifs or a mix of all those things?

Games, guys, science and I plan on writing some stories.

Wait, 94? Is Dari from my year?! :O

Yes, best year :) I used the 94 because King DDD was already taken ;_;

Worst year. Damn 20 year olds being young than me!

You, old man
aren't you like 23?

You're all so... Old~ Oul lads! But pretty!

Well, a lot of people think that Strache or Le Pen have it in their might to get Austria/France our of the EU but I just don't see it happening. What does the UK do without the EU backing them. Haha

Well, right-wing doesn't necessarily equate to competence. :p

Kater

Banned
Games, guys, science and I plan on writing some stories.
Good! I followed you back as well and I'm eager to read some of your stories or see what you reblog in the scientific field. Probably something related to your field, was it medicine? But what field, that I don't remember.
You, old man
aren't you like 23?
Yeah. &#128546;

Well, right-wing doesn't necessarily equate to competence. :p
Well that much is true. They still think they can point scores if they just put out rap songs with their favourite right-wing leader, Strache. He's pathetic when it comes to music, almost as much as when he talks about politics. Doesn't he recognize that most of Austria's citizens are a result of a lot of mixed nationalities? He's completely nuts when he states things like "Austria for the Austrians" and so are your right-wing douchebags in Ireland or in France. We are almost there, we almost have a accepting multi-national society and they want to destroy it. Well, the middlefinger to them.

Just play Fallout New Vegas or The Elder Scrolls Skyrim and get some of the hairy men body mods.
You can even select if there should be underwear or not, if the penis is erect or flaccid.
(NSFW?)

But.. they don't have the charm and personality of Nathan Drake!

That's funny there are penis mods, though lol

Kater

Banned
But.. they don't have the charm and personality of Nathan Drake!

That's funny there are penis mods, though lol
Arcade Gannon would like to have a word with you. The finest gay doctor in the whole Mojave Desert.

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo1_500.gif

He is always in my party. Such a great character.

I'm a dirty old man... :p

hvHjGHO.gif

1977 was the year my mom was born, hence it's the "best" year
Your mom was born in 1977? Gawds, how old are you even?

daripad

Good! I followed you back as well and I'm eager to read some of your stories or see what you reblog in the scientific field. Probably something related to your field, was it medicine? But what field, that I don't remember.

Yes, you are right. Still is general, nothing specific

Kevyt

wait. how old are you then?
21?

Arcade Gannon would like to have a word with you. The finest gay doctor in the whole Mojave Desert.

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo1_500.gif

He is always in my party. Such a great character.

Your mom was born in 1977? Gawds, how old are you even?

I'm 20.

The 3 best years are 1969, 1978, and 1997, of course.

So you're the same age as BD?

Folks.

I'm turning 23 in four months.

I feel so old.

This is for you: http://youtu.be/3Y5SAM91oG4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom