• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Only 2500 words, it should be pretty easy, but it's also the only second year philosophy class I've taken so I don't really have a feel for the expectations yet. I actually really liked epistemology, but it also occupies kind of a weird position being both really abstract yet attempting to address something relatively discrete and sensible at the same time ("knowledge"). I find I pick it up intuitively really quickly, but it's actually the structured writing assignments and presenting clear and concise arguments that I find kind of hard.

Going back to school is probably preferable. Sometimes it's the best place to idle, in a way, because oftentimes the stuff you learn is fairly unexpected. Like we did a section on philosophy of art in my ethics class, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Sometimes it feels okay to be kind of idle, if you're still doing something moderately stimulating. Originally I went back to school this year because I was getting sick of working and I wanted to do something less mundane for a bit, and maybe end up with a degree at the end.

I kind of have the opposite problem where I have a lot of trouble actually learning about ideas, but once I do I can relate and present them to others fairly easily.

I'm of the same opinion. I tend to waste a lot of time at home, so school is far better than having nothing to do_Only thing I really hate is doing the paperwork to actually get into school.

A day using Tumblr... There's all kinds of things in it that I would have never imagined. :3

I have a similar feeling about Pixiv, though that just as often makes me think: "Jesus Christ on a rodeo pony why the hell would you draw that."

Also that Cosby gif is very unfortunate. :p

This one was tough, BUT I CRACKED THE CASE. :D

Hwang Chul Soon

I suspected that might have been him. The face was familiar, but I didn't know Soon's nationality so the American fireman getup threw me off.

I suspected that might have been him. The face was familiar, but I didn't know Soon's nationality so the American fireman getup threw me off.
Yeah, he looked familiar to me too, but I couldn't quite place it. (I just started seeing him online recently.)

Repost for top of the page:

I don't know! :(

Korean bodybuilder and model Hwang Chul Soon! The jif in particular is from this music video.

FAqm4hl.jpg

sPzoBbX.jpg

y3QIaR7.jpg

Caladrius

I don't know if it's mental cherry picking on my part but every state I move to seems to get sequentially worse drivers. Massachusetts ones are simultaneously drunk and caffeinated, Floridian ones barely seem to know how to drive and now the Californian ones seem to be actively trying to kill us.

Yeah, he looked familiar to me too, but I couldn't quite place it. (I just started seeing him online recently.)

Repost for top of the page

Few things please me more than some clean-shaven Asian super-beef.

Looking at some of his older photos, it's insane how much he's grown. Though considering what's usually involved I really shouldn't be surprised.

Kevyt

You guys, remember when the queer thread went through a Pique phase for some reason?
B7FpDCU.gif

What's that from? Why is he licking his finger? I imagine its a promotion for some type of food or candy in Spain. Well I've answered my own question, but this is the first time I've seen that gif. What's the context behind it, does anyone know?

Uh, no, Piqué isn't my type... Even though we live in the same city aaand I know people who have contacts and I could get to see him close, but no. I'll gladly sacrifice myself for the sake of my LettersGAF comrades.

Opinions: If I did/was allowed to make OTs for games like Coming Out On Top and No, Thank You!!!, would y'all participate? I know a few would for sure, but I don't know if GAF as a whole is ready for it.

It would be tricky enough to do so while skirting the adult content aspects of the games, and I don't know if I want to go to all the trouble if they'll be largely ignored. Only a few people in the Visual Novel Community thread seem to respond when I post about games like this. Yet, I want people to know about and play these games...

HmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmMmMmmMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmM. :/

Golnei

The VN thread has survived long enough, so you probably won't be banned, but any hypothetical OT you create will likely be completely ignored regardless of the effort involved. Maybe you should try putting up a basic one for a single game to see if it's worth the effort in terms of visibility?

I'd totally post in it, Horus! (?) Is Coming Out on top already... Out? Was planning to give it a go, but I don't know how to buy it or anything >.<

As long as you don't put NSFW pictures it'll be okay, I mean, we see all these gore-like Horror games having OTs and no one complains.

The VN thread has survived long enough, so you probably won't be banned, but any hypothetical OT you create will likely be completely ignored regardless of the effort involved. Maybe you should try putting up a basic one for a single game to see if it's worth the effort in terms of visibility?
Reassuring. XD

I wouldn't do anything without the mods' say for something like this. I've already spoken to bishoptl about it awhile ago and he said it was fine as long as no adult content was displayed. But I wonder how much we can talk about the sex scenes. Obviously sex is a large part of both games, so having to avoid the subject entirely would make the OTs kinda pointless IMO.

But my main deal is whether or not it's worth the effort. I love NeoGAF because of how gay friendly it is, but there are still times when I feel like advocating or promoting games with gay content is like trying to herd cats. (ie. Nothing really get accomplished, and we're all just tired and annoyed afterward.) I wish gay gaffers on a whole were more active on the gaming side, but lots only stick to Off-Topic or Community threads.

I'd totally post in it, Horus! (?) Is Coming Out on top already... Out? Was planning to give it a go, but I don't know how to buy it or anything >.<

As long as you don't put NSFW pictures it'll be okay, I mean, we see all these gore-like Horror games having OTs and no one complains.
Hours...

Coming Out On Top is out, it was just released yesterday. Non-backers can buy it on the Obscurasoft website for $15. (It's at a discounted price through Dec.)

bigkrev

Reassuring. XD

I wouldn't do anything without the mods' say for something like this. I've already spoken to bishoptl about it awhile ago and he said it was fine as long as no adult content was displayed. But I wonder how much we can talk about the sex scenes. Obviously sex is a large part of both games, so having to avoid the subject entirely would make the OTs kinda pointless IMO.

But my main deal is whether or not it's worth the effort. I love NeoGAF because of how gay friendly it is, but there are still times when I feel like advocating or promoting games with gay content is like trying to herd cats. (ie. Nothing really get accomplished, and we're all just tired and annoyed afterward.) I wish gay gaffers on a whole were more active on the gaming side, but lots only stick to Off-Topic or Community threads.

Hours...

Coming Out On Top is out, it was just released yesterday. Non-backers can buy it on the Obscurasoft website for $15. (It's at a discounted price through Dec.)

Kawata Shoujo had a pretty active OT, so it should be fine

Caladrius

Is that better or worse than wanting an attractive man to beat the stuffing out of me.

Reassuring. XD

I think that even if it doesn't get a large degree of attention, any sort of exposure could only be beneficial. I say at least give it a shot.

Reassuring. XD

Go for it, at least for one to test the waters. :)

Kevyt

Opinions: If I did/was allowed to make OTs for games like Coming Out On Top and No, Thank You!!!, would y'all participate? I know a few would for sure, but I don't know if GAF as a whole is ready for it.

It would be tricky enough to do so while skirting the adult content aspects of the games, and I don't know if I want to go to all the trouble if they'll be largely ignored. Only a few people in the Visual Novel Community thread seem to respond when I post about games like this. Yet, I want people to know about and play these games...

HmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmMmMmmMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmM. :/

Reassuring. XD

Hours...

That sounds like a very interesting idea. I'm always on the gaming side too but I don't post much there. Like ab.aeterno said it's just to test the waters.

I swear I find the worst songs in the universe insanely catchy. Not sure if a gift or a curse. But I can derive legitimate pleasure from absolute crap songs like "Stupid Hoe."

I don't even know if I can understand the difference between good and bad music.

I swear I find the worst songs in the universe insanely catchy. Not sure if a gift or a curse. But I can derive legitimate pleasure from absolute crap songs like "Stupid Hoe."

I don't even know if I can understand the difference between good and bad music.
I'm sorry.. but Stupid Hoe is the anthem of a generation

Kevyt

Uh, no, Piqué isn't my type... Even though we live in the same city aaand I know people who have contacts and I could get to see him close, but no. I'll gladly sacrifice myself for the sake of my LettersGAF comrades.

I'm not a fan of Pique either, but he's good looking. You don't have to sacrifice yourself...
Hazlo!! Hazlo por nosotros.
:3

In stark contrast to this, I'm listening to songs about loss, regrets, mistakes, lost love and unworthiness. I think one of us is better off than the other after consuming their music of choice.

You lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
His personal sex slave?

i already have like 5 of those, so

Guard, Butler, Chef, Living Toilet Scrubber.

Anything.

you can hold my hand when i poop

I'd have to pay most people to touch me, so likely not.

ain't nothin wrong wit dat sis

ben cohen please rape me

ben cohen is literally perfect. there were so many nsfw gifs i wanted to post but i fear the mumei

And work experience. My GI financial aid ends next semester and I need both.

just lie about it. if you think they'll try to verify, just list your friends #s and have them pretend to be your former bosses.

Korean bodybuilder and model Hwang Chul Soon! The jif in particular is from this music video.

unf

Welcome back, Ratsky. We missed you.

You bitch
tumblr_inline_mgt3wdiRyg1qahu1s.gif

Don't ever leave me.

Welcome back! :')
tumblr_lnd6twD9iz1qhhh8io1_500.gif

7aiChdR.gif

thanks guyz! <3

Kawata Shoujo had a pretty active OT, so it should be fine
Yeah, but that's a straight dating sim, so that's not surprising. The VN Community thread is mostly made up of that demographic.

I think that even if it doesn't get a large degree of attention, any sort of exposure could only be beneficial. I say at least give it a shot.

Go for it, at least for one to test the waters. :)

That sounds like a very interesting idea. I'm always on the gaming side too but I don't post much there. Like ab.aeterno said it's just to test the waters.
Thanks for the opinions. I'll think about it tonight. I might send bishoptl a PM when I get back from the Xmas party I'm going to and see what he says.

Kevyt

I find Taylor Swift's Shake it off song very catchy and amusing. But it's controversial and considered not as good as her previous songs.

Ty4on

Why would liking any music ever be bad :p

And stop using crap expressions like crap songs. Any music taste is 100% subjective and completely irrational. Freeing myself from concepts like that is the best thing I ever did.

Captcha

Any of y'all playing Dragon Age: Inquisition? It's a good game, and Dorian wins best digital-booty 2014. It actually kind of caught me by surprise.

Kater

Banned
Hello everyone :3
Hi there. Back from the trip to New Vegas? ;D

Yeah, but that's a straight dating sim, so that's not surprising. The VN Community thread is mostly made up of that demographic.
There are also girls out there who play gay dating sims. I think Youtuber PressHeartToContinue (aka Dodger) also talked about No Thank You in the Co-Optional Podcast a few weeks ago. She may even start a LP of it, obviously with the adult content cut out because of Youtube's guidelines.

Hi there. Back from the trip to New Vegas? ;D

NEVER. Im actually playing it right now as my girlfriend sleeps. When she wakes we'll probably get something to eat.

You were right about Old World Blues. The writing and its connection to Dead Money is perfect.

Caladrius

Why would liking any music ever be bad :p

And stop using crap expressions like crap songs. Any music taste is 100% subjective and completely irrational. Freeing myself from concepts like that is the best thing I ever did.

Yeah yeah. I should just enjoy what I enjoy.

Speaking of which, some of Kesha's music is catchy. I'm pretty sure my taste in music is what would give me away as being gay.

Kater

Banned
^ Good photo, you look cute. :3

Edit: Might want to quote-tag it though as it is quite big. ;)

NEVER. Im actually playing it right now as my girlfriend sleeps. When she wakes we'll probably get something to eat.

You were right about Old World Blues. The writing and its connection to Dead Money is perfect.
I know, right.

Also, if you are a Doctor Who fan or if you ever watched Gremlins, you might want to keep your eyes open for easter eggs.

What's a WRPG. :V
Let's not start a JRPG vs WRPG debate here. You know how sensitive nerds can be. :p

Caladrius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom