• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Aww man, thats a tough one if only because there's too many to name. Rap-wise I've been listening to a lot of Young Thug, Gucci Mane, Migos, Max B (the dude in my avi), PeeWee Longway, and Future Lately. Its all super ignorant but they're all really good at making music whether its the way they use their voice, their writing, or whatever. Of course I have an appreciation for the classics like Outkast, Ugk, and Jay Z. I also have a whole bunch of other shit on vinyl just chilling in my room. Everything from Bad Brains to Roberta Flack, The Coup and Mobb Deep
I heard some of the tracks from the artists you listed (Mobb Deep, Outkast, Gucci Mane) since my cousin had a lot of their tapes. Borrowed me a few too. I should listen more to it again, there are a few really good tracks out there with great messages or just them ranting and getting all their anger out. Nowadays I mostly listen to Pop, Rock and Classic, and that starts to be a little to tame for me. Need some more rant-y stuff.

Though I would like to avoid tracks that are sexist, etc... what are my options?

Fucking exhausted but otherwise OK after last night. And what a night it was lol.

Ha, only sent drunken texts to one person. Not bad, not bad at all.
I always start fights and send drunken texts. I swear, this has to be the biggest downside to drinking. So much shame the day after. 😡

I always start fights and send drunken texts. I swear, this has to be the biggest downside to drinking. So much shame the day after. 😡
Aww, that's no good. I don't typically say anything too terribly embarrassing, and I'm too happy of a drunk to fight. My biggest downside is that I usually feel like garbage the next day no matter what.

bigkrev

Took the day off of work today because I have days I need to burn before the end of the year.

Is now 12:10 and im sitting at a Dennys waiting for my first food of the day. Am I doing this right?

Caladrius

Took the day off of work today because I have days I need to burn before the end of the year.

Is now 12:10 and im sitting at a Dennys waiting for my first food of the day. Am I doing this right?

I'd go to cracker barrel instead.

...I miss Cracker Barrel. -____-

Denny's? no cute guys work there though.

Their's good men in nearly every restaurant. Just have to luck out with the right waiter.

If I didn't have to go with my family every time I'd be short a good amount in tips.

bigkrev

Before:
B4q705zIQAAf_nF.jpg

After:

.... I probably should go to the gym today, shouldn't I?

VegiHam

Spending a lot of money lately on meals out, gifts for people etcetera. Got my bills payed so none of it is cash I need for anything else and I have plenty left to spend. Despite that though I can't help the chest tightening panic at the thought of my bank balance going under where I thought I'd be at the end of this Uni term, even though it doesn't matter. I think I have a problem :p How do y'all cope with festive financial stress?

Kevyt

Spending a lot of money lately on meals out, gifts for people etcetera. Got my bills payed so none of it is cash I need for anything else and I have plenty left to spend. Despite that though I can't help the chest tightening panic at the thought of my bank balance going under where I thought I'd be at the end of this Uni term, even though it doesn't matter. I think I have a problem :p How do y'all cope with festive financial stress?

Haven't had a job in over a year so I don't spend much. I wish I could buy people gifts and stuff but my income is low considering I'm mostly on my savings and my parents give me a small allowance. Yeah I feel terrible that my parents are still giving me money.

Haven't had a job in over a year so I don't spend much. I wish I could buy people gifts and stuff but my income is low considering I'm mostly on my savings and my parents give me a small allowance. Yeah I feel terrible that my parents are still giving me money.

#TheStruggleIsReal.

I have my parents, 3 brothers and cousin to buy gifts for. i'm just going to say don't get me anything and we call it a deal.

it sucks that theres birthdays and things to do this month. lol.i can't wait for january to roll by. i don't have shit to worry about until the fall again.

VegiHam

Ooooh, sorry man! Wasn't tryna be like insensitive
My parents aren't in a position to give me money if they wanted to, so I gotta fund myself. It's probably part of why I'm scared I guess...

Kevyt

Figured some of you might enjoy this:

2014-12-11-Nathan-Beefcake.gif

And the source: http://www.readysoupcomic.com

Oh myyy....

#TheStruggleIsReal.

I have my parents, 3 brothers and cousin to buy gifts for. i'm just going to say don't get me anything and we call it a deal.

it sucks that theres birthdays and things to do this month. lol.i can't wait for january to roll by. i don't have shit to worry about until the fall again.

What are you going to buy them?

Ooooh, sorry man! Wasn't tryna be like insensitive
My parents aren't in a position to give me money if they wanted to, so I gotta fund myself. It's probably part of why I'm scared I guess...

You're good! Don't worry! :p

Yeah, it can be hard during the holidays. The most important thing is that you are providing for yourself and giving others something, for as small as it can be, but its from your heart and hard earned money - so that means a lot. :)

VegiHam

Yeah, it can be hard during the holidays. The most important thing is that you are providing for yourself and giving others something, for as small as it can be, but its from your heart and hard earned money - so that means a lot. :)
Haha, Okay! I've got presents for my Dad, my mum and my brothers but I've also spent £7 today on a selection box of luxury craft fudge for myself and that is not a prudent use of money.

What are you going to buy them?

give them a card. it's too late for me to buy stuff. but my mom wants a new tablet. 7" is too small for her. other bro wants a wireless soundbar, the other one (who has a birthday on the 17th) wants $200 i guess. the cousin doesn't really want anything and the other brother is too old for this. but just those gifts should be enough. oh and my dad idk what to get him. he's birthday is today and i am buying him a solar keyboard lol.

OR give them nothing and just give the nephew/niece all the gifts this year and call 2014 a success ;P

Kevyt

give them a card. it's too late for me to buy stuff. but my mom wants a new tablet. 7" is too small for her. other bro wants a wireless soundbar, the other one (who has a birthday on the 17th) wants $200 i guess. the cousin doesn't really want anything and the other brother is too old for this. but just those gifts should be enough. oh and my dad idk what to get him. he's birthday is today and i am buying him a solar keyboard lol.

OR give them nothing and just give the nephew/niece all the gifts this year and call 2014 a success ;P

Hey you know what... I think we might be long lost cousins or something!! :p

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I sold a couple of pretty valuable records to pay for the bf's Christmas presents -- he has designer taste, hah. We're fine financially (he rakes in tips at work, and I get a fair amount of overtime) but big holiday expenditures are certainly easier to handle when that money doesn't have to come out of the regular budget.

My parents never want any presents, but I like to at least send a little something back home along with a nice card.

Mr. F

Banned
My family/relatives do secret Santa every year in place of regular gift giving (although people still exchange/give gifts on the side if they like) and this year I got my Dad. Simultaneously the easiest and hardest person to shop for; we have relatively similar taste in a lot of things but he never really expresses a want or need for like...anything. Have to take care of that soon.

On a side note, happy to report that Hello Games' Sean Murray continues to be completely adorable.

My family/relatives do secret Santa every year in place of regular gift giving (although people still exchange/give gifts on the side if they like) and this year I got my Dad. Simultaneously the easiest and hardest person to shop for; we have relatively similar taste in a lot of things but he never really expresses a want or need for like...anything. Have to take care of that soon.

On a side note, happy to report that Hello Games' Sean Murray continues to be completely adorable.
#teamsteamymurray
The lumberjack that gives me wood.

DOWN

Banned

I don't think No Man's Sky flows well as a title, but I sure like hearing about it
from Sean Murray

Kevyt

Kater

Banned
Aww, that's no good. I don't typically say anything too terribly embarrassing, and I'm too happy of a drunk to fight. My biggest downside is that I usually feel like garbage the next day no matter what.

My solution to that is drinking at home, alone. And I think from now on I shouldn't drink and post. I can be really annoying for others when I'm drunk (I think), more than I am when I'm sober, anyway.

I don't drink to be happy, I drink to get stuff out of my system.

Hige

I don't mind swole Bradley Cooper in American Sniper one bit:
I still can't believe he signed on for that movie. It's based on a guy that bragged about killing people during the war and claimed to have shot people in New Orleans after Katrina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom