• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

I'll never change my forum name. I'll be Henchmen21 till the day I die....or gaf closes whichever comes first.

Forever 21

Au naturel.

Yeah I basically came to terms with it but not in a way that I had any real problem with the idea itself before that. There was just a too long heterosexual relationship I was involved in and that didn't really help me realize it. But thanks for your encouragement, even if it's vague. I know I should be more patient. I guess I just feel like I should be... catching up of sorts after coming to the game so late.

You'd be surprised that sometimes the relationship dynamics can be similar. After all, you would still be dating/be in a relationship with another human being :p Other than that, I don't think there's much to catch up with. Just be confident in who you are, and be yourself! :)

garyBig

You'd be surprised that sometimes the relationship dynamics can be similar. After all, you would still be dating/be in a relationship with another human being :p Other than that, I don't think there's much to catch up with. Just be confident in who you are, and be yourself! :)

You mean similar to heterosexual relationships? Goodness no I never doubted that lol. What I meant was I'm basically new to: dating, online dating, being interested in going out with people at all aaand the whole gay side of things.
My biography in these regards basically comnes down to and could be titled 'Bad Timing'. And now my (love) life starts at 20.
I know, I know, could be a lot worse and I don't even fully regret my past. It just feels like 'finally I'm in on this so no time to waste now'. Add to this my current emotional predisposition shared by umop_3pisdn which could best be described as lovesickness without there actually being any lover or well love for that matter and you have a hopeless romantic who's not interested in hookups but too trying and impatient with the alternatives. Haha well aren't we all? (Maybe I should join you gaffers in your appetite for cider. Sharing the blues.)
I'm actually a very fulfilled and happy person at the moment (save for what's missing)

Captcha

You mean similar to heterosexual relationships? Goodness no I never doubted that lol. What I meant was I'm basically new to: dating, online dating, being interested in going out with people at all aaand the whole gay side of things.
My biography in these regards basically comnes down to and could be titled 'Bad Timing'. And now my (love) life starts at 20.
I know, I know, could be a lot worse and I don't even fully regret my past. It just feels like 'finally I'm in on this so no time to waste now'. Add to this my current emotional predisposition shared by umop_3pisdn which could best be described as lovesickness without there actually being any lover or well love for that matter and you have a hopeless romantic who's not interested in hookups but too trying and impatient with the alternatives. Haha well aren't we all? (Maybe I should join you gaffers in your appetite for cider. Sharing the blues.)
I'm actually a very fulfilled and happy person at the moment (save for what's missing)

Do you think 20 is actually late...for a gay person? You would be very wrong if so. I'd say it's the NORM for most gay people to be in the closet during high school (maybe even date girls, depending). You see a lot of people get comfortable with it during the start of college (or being college-aged). You seem pretty on track in this one person's opinion. Don't psyche yourself out.

Also, if you're more in to long term things you may have to date older. That's not to say there aren't ANY young people who want to do long term, but it certainly is harder. I remember being that age and not wanting to be tied down by anyone.

Kevyt

Do you think 20 is actually late...for a gay person? You would be very wrong if so. I'd say it's the NORM for most gay people to be in the closet during high school (maybe even date girls, depending). You see a lot of people get comfortable with it during the start of college (or being college-aged). You seem pretty on track in this one person's opinion. Don't psyche yourself out.

Also, if you're more in to long term things you may have to date older. That's not to say there aren't ANY young people who want to do long term, but it certainly is harder. I remember being that age and not wanting to be tied down by anyone.

Pretty much what Captcha said. 20 isn't old and I really doubt you've missed much. Hopelessly romantic huh? ;)

The Coming Out On Top OT is live!

I hope everyone will drop by and give it a look. :D

Yes! I'm glad it got approved and went live. Great job on OT!! :)

garyBig

Long-term is actually a rather scary concept to me after my (very) long term last relationship. All I'm saying is I'm mainly interested in people, not dicks. I should really try to expand my social circle and relationship-wise, I think I wouldn't even say no if any meetup would end as a hookup on the first day. I'm just not interested in looking for sex as the very premise of a meetup. Online seems to be a worthwhile way to engage with other gay dudes (casual talk, friendship, dates - I don't really care for the specifics of that engagement), so that's my attempted avenue for expansion. Also I tried a gay youth group, won't try that again haha
Oh and no I know very well that people come to terms with their gaycard up into their 50s and after their third marriage. I just never thought of myself as one of those who 'struggle' with that or try to change themselves or don't want to acknowledge it. If that girl-thing hadn't happened at the exact unlucky time it did, I might have had the (extremely obvious) epiphany years earlier. (Also doesn't help that everyone I talk to has had way more experience than I did) But yeah I'm intent on being who I am and staying true to that. Guess that's really the best advice that I could have hoped for anyway. thanks for the replies guys

Man my posts are too effing long sry

100% agree. I'm still a "virgin" with my preferred gender, even though I have been with a girl before
And it was one of the most traumatizing moments of my life in so many ways I wish it had never happened ~_~

Time for all of us gay virgins to get drunk together now :) iirc there are many more of us in this thread, so cheers to our glorious future(s?) and let's reminisce about the times that we could not but threadwhine about how we can't even handle the most unwarranted impatience when we are actually lucky compared to most everyone else (okay that one's me, i'm guilty.
and almost 21. death! death I say!
) Oh and I feel you bro. Sucks bad

Hopelessly romantic huh? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJTDGHbcRU

let me rephrase 'hopelessly romantic' as rather 'in dire need of interpersonal closeness of any kind, also hugs' ;)

bigkrev

100% agree. I'm still a "virgin" with my preferred gender, even though I have been with a girl before
And it was one of the most traumatizing moments of my life in so many ways I wish it had never happened ~_~

So is the full version of Coming Out On Top censored like the demo? This was my first visual novel so I didn't expect to be so explicit. Are vns usually like that? Really cool that this exists though and the writing is good.

Captcha

Long-term is actually a rather scary concept to me after my (very) long term last relationship. All I'm saying is I'm mainly interested in people, not dicks. I should really try to expand my social circle and relationship-wise, I think I wouldn't even say no if any meetup would end as a hookup on the first day. I'm just not interested in looking for sex as the very premise of a meetup. Online seems to be a worthwhile way to engage with other gay dudes (casual talk, friendship, dates - I don't really care for the specifics of that engagement), so that's my attempted avenue for expansion. Also I tried a gay youth group, won't try that again haha
Oh and no I know very well that people come to terms with their gaycard up into their 50s and after their third marriage. I just never thought of myself as one of those who 'struggle' with that or try to change themselves or don't want to acknowledge it. If that girl-thing hadn't happened at the exact unlucky time it did, I might have had the (extremely obvious) epiphany years earlier. (Also doesn't help that everyone I talk to has had way more experience than I did) But yeah I'm intent on being who I am and staying true to that. Guess that's really the best advice that I could have hoped for anyway. thanks for the replies guys

Man my posts are too effing long sry

Time for all of us gay virgins to get drunk together now :) iirc there are many more of us in this thread, so cheers to our glorious future(s?) and let's reminisce about the times that we could not but threadwhine about how we can't even handle the most unwarranted impatience when we are actually lucky compared to most everyone else (okay that one's me, i'm guilty.
and almost 21. death! death I say!
) Oh and I feel you bro. Sucks bad

Oh, I totally understand all of this. The only advice I can offer in regards to this is remember that we're still men (as in, lots and lots of people are REALLY DTF), and a lot of online things are basically meat markets; even places like Okcupid that seem geared more towards dating are like this (in my experience). Don't let that cloud your perception, as I have seen this happen a lot. I am a bit older than you (27 almost 28) and am finally (lol) in the mindset you are now and tried doing stuff online, but I had the aforementioned problem. Have to just keep pushing forward as I'm sure you're aware. Good luck!

Kater

Banned
So is the full version of Coming Out On Top censored like the demo? This was my first visual novel so I didn't expect to be so explicit. Are vns usually like that? Really cool that this exists though and the writing is good.
Nah, only adult-themed VNs can contain nudity and sex.

Ace Attorney is a VN and that doesn't have nudity or sex. :p

I am really into watching other people play Dark Souls II at the moment. I probably couldn't even beat one of the real bosses (I only got through the starter area in the first one). So amazed at the skill of those players.

Kater

Banned
Hmm I never thought of Ace Attorney as a vn. It always took me for more of an old pc adventure game rather than a vn
Nah, it has some elements of that but it's mostly just a VN. If you would count AA as a full-blown P&C adventure because of one or two section in it where you search a room than you could also call Dreamfall Longest Journey a stealth game because you have three or so sections with stealth in the whole game. ;p

Now, games like Virtue's Last Reward are more like the old P&C games and it also has VN elements.

Nah, it has some elements of that but it's mostly just a VN. If you would count AA as a full-blown P&C adventure because of one or two section in it where you search a room than you could also call Dreamfall Longest Journey a stealth game because you have three or so sections with stealth in the whole game. ;p

Ahh i see. Touche. You got me :p

Rayis

I only played the demo and the dicks are censored there, it's uncensored in the full version but the art is really nice imo, if you like bara art you'd like this.

also Ian beats the shit out of all your husbandos

I only played the demo and the dicks are censored there, it's uncensored in the full version but the art is really nice imo, if you like bara art you'd like this.

Ian is bronze medal winner imo. Would have been higher but the way the actual routes played out made it go that way for me, personally.

Rayis

Ian is bronze medal winner imo. Would have been higher but the way the actual routes played out made it go that way for me, personally.

Hmmm I see, for me it's basically because his personality ticks all the right boxes, I love the best-friend-turned-lover angle and his personality of being the funny, friendly guy who is a gentle soul is such a turn on, I'd love to find out someone like that irl *sobs*

Why are the best guys always fictitious? *sobs*

Caladrius

Is it even worth it to try applying for jobs this late in the Holiday season?

Like incredibly embarrassing and shameful or actually terrifying? (I'm not gonna press any further than that, but I can't help but be curious)

Are you allowed to toggle the censoring?

Eyyyy, get dat waifu wars shniz outta heah

Wow, I'm surprised by how much attention the Coming Out On Top OT has gotten so far, pretty much all positive too. I thought we wouldn't even break 50 posts in a week, but we're already on page three.

Thanks to everyone that has stopped by. :)

Are you allowed to toggle the censoring
There is no censorship in the retail version. Obscura, the creator is considering releasing a censored version in the future. (But the scenes and dialogue are quite intense, so I don't think its worth it personally.)

Caladrius

There is no censorship in the retail version. Obscura, the creator is considering releasing a censored version in the future. (But the scenes and dialogue are quite intense, so I don't think its worth it personally.)

In the demo you can't, in the full game it is uncensored but I don't know if you can censor it again.

Ah gotcha. Thanks

I like to have censoring in the case that I don't like how an artist draws genitals and sex scenes. I'm picky and have idiosyncratic sensibilities, so it's always extremely hit and miss for me.

Kevyt

Oh, I totally understand all of this. The only advice I can offer in regards to this is remember that we're still men (as in, lots and lots of people are REALLY DTF), and a lot of online things are basically meat markets; even places like Okcupid that seem geared more towards dating are like this (in my experience). Don't let that cloud your perception, as I have seen this happen a lot. I am a bit older than you (27 almost 28) and am finally (lol) in the mindset you are now and tried doing stuff online, but I had the aforementioned problem. Have to just keep pushing forward as I'm sure you're aware. Good luck!

Tbh... older guys are less superficial and want more serious relationships. I feel like the hook up and sex thing is mostly younger guys, and that's completely normal and okay. They're at their prime. Of course not everybody and there are usually exceptions.

bigkrev

Like incredibly embarrassing and shameful or actually terrifying? (I'm not gonna press any further than that, but I can't help but be curious)

Embarrassing, shameful, and I was crying because it just wasn't working. It was a mess. I wouldn't recommend it. Thankfully, the girl dropped out a week or 2 later, and I don't think she told anyone, because I never heard about it from anyone else.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yaoi is the umbrella term.

Shota is underage stuff.

Kemono is furry stuff.

There isn't really a term for "twinks and shit" because twinks are the default in yaoi.

Dont mind me just having a humongous breakdown. I should be studying or working on this essay but my anxiety is causing my focus to go astray. My anxiety is killing me right now

red13th

If you want anything other than slim, delicate men from ordinary boys love/june, you have "bara" (which isn't a term used in Japan, really). So ordinary men, muscle men, daddies, chubs... it includes almost everything, although yaoi, if used as Boys Love, isn't very specific either.
The aesthetic(s) associated with "bara" by westerns are merely subsets of boys love.

None actually. It's a custom sprite that some dude made based off of Cody's Street Fighter Alpha 3 sprite, adapted to the pose Axel has in the title screen of the first Streets of Rage game. Pretty cool.

3's music sucked.

Everything about 3 sucked not just the music

Kater

Banned

Shota is underage stuff.

Kemono is furry stuff.

There isn't really a term for "twinks and shit" because twinks are the default in yaoi.
So that means I have to avoid shota then. I just want normal guys. ;_;

I don't have anything against furry stuff unless it gets to sex because then it gets a bit too weird for me personally. :p

If you want anything other than slim, delicate men from ordinary boys love/june, you have "bara" (which isn't a term used in Japan, really). So ordinary men, muscle men, daddies, chubs... it includes almost everything, although yaoi, if used as Boys Love, isn't very specific either.
The aesthetic(s) associated with "bara" by westerns are merely subsets of boys love.
Well, that's a shame that they don't have a specific term for lean adult guys. :/

Maybe those games geared towards girls have more variety? Wouldn't object to playing that either, I really liked Hatoful Boyfriend and playing as the new girl at the school looking for a guy.

Caladrius

Embarrassing, shameful, and I was crying because it just wasn't working. It was a mess. I wouldn't recommend it. Thankfully, the girl dropped out a week or 2 later, and I don't think she told anyone, because I never heard about it from anyone else.

Ouch, Sorry that happened.

Hell of a way to figure things out.

Shota is underage stuff.

Kemono is furry stuff.

There's also the imaginary category that consists of well-built bishonen with a balanced mixture of actual romance and sex.

: [

To be fair though, only the ukes tend to be twinks in yaoi, the semes are usually bigger body types.

Is this the part where I quote that Deified Data post.

Kater

Banned
Bingo.

[Directing this at El_Gato] Most Yaoi/BL art isn't that bad (and there's some artists I like a lot), but when it's bad, it's Bad.
Ewwwww.

What is up with those arms?!

That's Giger-esque art with how weird those human proportions are.

At least I now know what this Critical Miss strip was all about now.

734693.jpg

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...ay/comics/critical-miss/11477-The-Perfect-Man

bigkrev

Wow, I'm surprised by how much attention the Coming Out On Top OT has gotten so far, pretty much all positive too. I thought we wouldn't even break 50 posts in a week, but we're already on page three.

Thanks to everyone that has stopped by. :)

It warms my heart that so many people of all orientations are talking about it- I wouldn't have thought people were that open minded.

Shota is underage stuff.

Kemono is furry stuff.

I think there is a bit of difference between "Twinks" and Bushounen

Guess I should also classify that I know of 2 other officially translated and licensed BL games

Enzai is a game set in a 19th century European prison, and has a shots-ish main character, and while there can be some consensual relationships (like with your lawyer), it's mostly brutal prison rapes. The game has beautiful art, and I would highly recommend it.

Absolute Obediance is set in 1960s Germany, where you play as 2 different characters working at an agency to seduce various targets, like politicians or soccer players. It's much more of a traditional yaoi experience with a wide variety of characters.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Everything about 3 sucked not just the music
Honestly, I never was able to stick with the game past the second stage. The second game was just so damned good, and everything about 3 felt like a downgrade. I know some folks argue that the gameplay of the 3rd game is better, but I never really cared for the faster pacing.

---

Anyways, I finished the Coming Out On Top game. Got the redhead on my first playthrough. God I'm a sucker for redheads. <3

Kater

Banned
Coming Out on Top has that one guy, Ian Manachevitz, who looks like a more muscled Kit Harington (without the beard). Huh, tempting. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom