• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvmew

I like that one. It's sexually suggestive but just the right amount to not be scandalous. Fitting for a OT for an adult-themed VN game.

Being complimented should help you getting more confident to approach guys yourself though, hopefully. 😉

Also, congratulations on your new job!

What if I like to be approached instead of doing the approaching? ._.
Lol. But I know what you mean.

And thanks! :)

Dont mind me just having a humongous breakdown. I should be studying or working on this essay but my anxiety is causing my focus to go astray. My anxiety is killing me right now
As someone who also deals with a lot of anxiety, I know how rough it can be to shake it off, calm down and refocus. Would it help to post about it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is my husbandu.

Sin_1_0_02.png

Caladrius

Anime-style art occupies this weird space where I find character designs of all flavors (save for women, anthros and preteens), aesthetically or sexually attractive but I'm obscenely selective as to how I like anything remotely smutty involving them, if I think there should be anything suggestive featuring them to begin with.

Ewwwww.
What is up with those arms?!
I find the tiny heads more disturbing myself.

Dont mind me just having a humongous breakdown. I should be studying or working on this essay but my anxiety is causing my focus to go astray. My anxiety is killing me right now

Is it about anything in specific? We might be of help.

Kater

Banned
That's Shun Kuroi from Morenatsu, a gay furry dating sim.
It has more body types than either yaoi or bara dating sims. 😄

I may have to broaden my horizons and try that one. I mean, it shouldn't be too different from dating pigeon people (Hatoful Boyfriend), right?

I find the tiny heads more disturbing myself.
Nah, small heads are something I'm used to. Lots of people have really small heads (compared to the rest of the body).

Haly

It has more body types than either yaoi or bara dating sims.
Yeah that's pretty sad isn't it? Morenatsu covers "all" body types... just under a lush layer of fur.

I may have to broaden my horizons and try that one. I mean, it shouldn't be too different from dating pigeon people (Hatoful Boyfriend), right?
It's not really tongue-in-cheek like Hatoful Boyfriend at all. It's pretty grounded actually, kemonos notwithstanding.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Also, I find default Hawke to be hot. :3

He's cute, but his hairy back is a turn off :/
I don't mind the hair at all. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Speaking about DA2, I like my custom Hawke, better. Although I don't know why I decided to go with that face tattoo. :?

Coming Out On Top [OT] Hold on to your butts
Speaking about butts . . . that Jon Hamm pic could have been a lot better.

Kater

Banned
^ That's a really cute Hawke you've made there. :3

Yeah that's pretty sad isn't it? Morenatsu covers "all" body types... just under a lush layer of fur.

It's not really tongue-in-cheek like Hatoful Boyfriend at all. It's pretty grounded actually, kemonos notwithstanding.
Well, I guess I have to try it out then to find out. I'll write it on my games to get list.

Caladrius

It'd be amazing how much easier my life would be right now if I had started school a semester earlier.

Nah, small heads are something I'm used to. Lots of people have really small heads (compared to the rest of the body).

It's worse for me because all I can think of when I see heads as tiny as the ones in those images is this:

Met a guy today who I was talking to online for months. Just a quick meet, nothing serious. Lasted a few mins. After he messaged me to tell me that he wasn't into me because I was too bearded.

Met a guy today who I was talking to online for months. Just a quick meet, nothing serious. Lasted a few mins. After he messaged me to tell me that he wasn't into me because I was too bearded.

That sucks, I'm sorry, man. All I can think is maybe next time try to meet them sooner, so if it doesn't work you don't feel like you've wasted your time?

Dany

Banned

What a douchebag. Beards are great and people can be so ignorant.

That sucks, I'm sorry, man. All I can think is maybe next time try to meet them sooner, so if it doesn't work you don't feel like you've wasted your time?

I've always had a beard, not sure why he'd use that as a means of rejection. I think he was disappointed cuz I wasnt as muscular as him so he just used a dumb excuse.

Dany

Banned
Spacebridge, do you think you focus too much on physical attraction? I've seen your deluge of posts in these threads and it's a massive factor I've noticed.

Christopher

I've always had a beard, not sure why he'd use that as a means of rejection. I think he was disappointed cuz I wasnt as muscular as him so he just used a dumb excuse.

Don't make assumptions about yourself that you think he rejected you for...are you self conscious that your not muscular? Maybe he really didn't like the beard?

Spacebridge, do you think you focus too much on physical attraction? I've seen your deluge of posts in these threads and it's a massive factor I've noticed.

As gay men don't we culturally put physical attraction and prowess to the fore front?

Don't make assumptions about yourself that you think he rejected you for...are you self conscious that your not muscular? Maybe he really didn't like the beard?

He's been chatting with me online for months, seen a lot of my photos and I had a beard in all of them. Seems like a poor and superficial reason to reject me.

I should post some of the messages I get just so you guys can see im not over reacting.

Haly

"Well I didn't think your beard would be so beardy IRL" is laughable. What a prickish excuse to give.

It is a poor and superficial reason to reject you, but if you suspect he wasn't being honest, you really can't know what the 'truth' is, and thinking about it too much will just undermine your confidence.

As gay men don't we culturally put physical attraction and prowess to the fore front?

Sure, but assuming that's a cultural flaw, we're not obligated to participate in it. A lot of gay people aren't going to be so involved in that, just by virtue of people in general having different attitudes about things.

You live in Toronto, right? It's cliche advice but have you considered joining some social groups? That way you can get to know people around a common interest and maybe develop some rapport first.

Done the term YAY.

Incidentally I don't think I'm going to study Philosophy anymore. Logic is like a mediocre second or third language to me, can barely communicate anything I really want to that way lol.

As someone who also deals with a lot of anxiety, I know how rough it can be to shake it off, calm down and refocus. Would it help to post about it?

Why are you having a breakdown?

Is it about anything in specific? We might be of help.

Thank you so much for the support :')

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety seemingly my whole life but only was diagnosed last summer after a brief stint in the hospital. I'll just copy/paste my post in the mental health thread:

Everything just feels so hopeless. I'm about to finish my worst semester of school and i feel terrible about it. I also don't see the point in school. It just all seems like a dead end. A part of me recognizes that uncertainty is the human condition but a bigger part of me is shouting at me that im going nowhere. I dont even know what i'll do when I get out. I just dont want to go to school anymore but idk what I would do if I left. Im 22 and I have minimal job experience. I should be studying for a final that I have tomorrow but all these thoughts causing my focus astray. I just feel like a big burden. I fucking hate this feeling.

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety seemingly my whole life but only was diagnosed last summer after a brief stint in the hospital. I'll just copy/paste my post in the mental health thread:

Everything just feels so hopeless. I'm about to finish my worst semester of school and i feel terrible about it. I also don't see the point in school. It just all seems like a dead end. A part of me recognizes that uncertainty is the human condition but a bigger part of me is shouting at me that im going nowhere. I dont even know what i'll do when I get out. I just dont want to go to school anymore but idk what I would do if I left. Im 22 and I have minimal job experience. I should be studying for a final that I have tomorrow but all these thoughts causing my focus astray. I just feel like a big burden. I fucking hate this feeling.

Honestly, I've been in more or less your exact position (depression, flunking out of school due to apathy, etc). I'm going back to school now at 26, not entirely sure what I want to do. You have lots of time to figure this shit out, going through the motions because you feel the sword of Damocles hanging over you isn't a good motivation, desperation wears off quickly and if you're like me you'll just look to escape from school and responsibility and 'the world' into whatever seems a bit more hospitable for the time being. And that's fine. Being in that position is incapacitating.

This is kind of off-topic, but as I've gradually been getting better, I've been thinking of going back to school for clinical or counseling psychology to help other people get better. Because if I crawled out of a hole, maybe I can help other people do that. But I only gained that motivation from actually getting better. So it's weird, everything happened all at once, and I never really felt like I did anything to 'cause' it to happen. I think a big part of it is a waiting game, and there are maybe some other things you can do in the mean time, that if not to speed it up, at least has it not take longer.

Christopher

Do me a big huge favor QUICKLY

List 5 AWESOME things about yourself!

Do me a big huge favor QUICKLY

List 5 AWESOME things about yourself!

Ahhhhh pressure

I give the best cuddles

I like to think Im funny (if your sense of humor is a little dark)

My beard is kinda patchy but its still a beard

My hair is long and looks pretty sweet in a man bun

aaaaaaaand

Im a good friend?

I ran out of stuff at the last one

Kevyt

Ahhhhh pressure

I give the best cuddles

I like to think Im funny (if your sense of humor is a little dark)

My beard is kinda patchy but its still a beard

My hair is long and looks pretty sweet in a man bun

aaaaaaaand

Im a good friend?

I ran out of stuff at the last one

Yeah, you do have amazing hair! You need that Loreal to keep it nice and fresh :)
what kind of shampoo do you use?

Caladrius

This is unfortunately something I don't have a lot of experience in, (and as far as indecisiveness goes, something I'm struggling with myself). The main thing I can really say is that you should focus on the immediate term, and then when the most urgent stuff is taken care of deliberate on longer-term stuff. Succeeding in the former yields more options for the latter, and being given more leeway to do things is almost always a good thing.

This sort of stuff takes quite a bit of time to figure out even if you are focusing on it, so that isn't something you should be too worried about having difficulty with. It's important to give the long-term attention, but if you let it dominate the short term it's nothing more than a perpetual stressor with no positive consequences. If you worry about it too much you might end up making a hasty decision in desperation to get rid of the problem and end up regretting it immensely later.

Yeah, you do have amazing hair! You need that Loreal to keep it nice and fresh :)
what kind of shampoo do you use?

Ahhh thank you thank you! I take it you saw my tumblr? I really dont use shampoo. On the rare ocassion its head and shoulders. I really want dreads for some reason?

You should help me shampoo more ;)

Kevyt

Ahhh thank you thank you! I take it you saw my tumblr? I really dont use shampoo. On the rare ocassion its head and shoulders. I really want dreads for some reason?

You should help me shampoo more ;)

Yep, Tumblr. I don't use shampoo at all. lol

Mr_Zombie

Is that a romance dialogue option with Anders I see there ;)
And that sure is cute Hawke you made there. However, DA2 was probably the first game where I didn't feel the need to make a custom character - default Hakwe suited me perfectly.
(I did however use a mod to change Anders' face to make it look more Awakening-like and more handsome; and Carver's - because if I'm stuck with my little brother constantly whining then at least I want him to look good)

Bingo.

[Directing this at El_Gato] Most Yaoi/BL art isn't outright bad (and there's some artists I like a lot), but when it's bad, it's Bad.

Bara art can be pretty bad (or at least weird) too. I've read few bara mangas by Satoru Sugajima recently and every guy that is a main character or a love interest - be it a 30-year-old guy, or 55+ yo - is pumped. And I mean pumped: pecks and biceps the size of head, huge torsos and legs
and dicks
. Those guys look fine when clothed, but quite ridiculous without clothes.

I would attach a picture but I'm at work now so... looking for bara with naked guys now wouldn't be wise :p

Yes, we do focus on physical attraction, but there's a limit. When you talk with a guy for months, he sees your pictures online and then when he sees you IRL drops you with a pitiful excuse of you being "too bearded" then that's wrong. You're fine - it's his priorities that are fucked up.

Haly

Disappointed by Jed's bukkake scene.

The artists really need to read more doujins, that was some weaksauce ejaculation.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Bubbavelli what is your tumblr :3

what a fucking idiot

like, please

how pathetic

you're better off without that scrub, bae

Vazduh

Random thought, but I always find the relationship topics on GAF a fun read.
I've noticed the same pattern, though: guy asks GAF for advice, he gets it, but decides to cherry pick the answers he wants to hear. Then he proceeds to ignore the advice, makes a horrible mistake in the process, and in the end, eats a humble pie. Every single time.

Are there any non-jerks you've met over the past year or so? Jesus!

Random thought, but I always find the relationship topics on GAF a fun read.
I've noticed the same pattern, though: guy asks GAF for advice, he gets it, but decides to cherry pick the answers he wants to hear. Then he proceeds to ignore the advice, makes a horrible mistake in the process, and in the end, eats a humble pie. Every single time.

Are there any non-jerks you've met over the past year or so? Jesus!

That's people in general. They don't want actual advice, just confirmation of what they were going to do anyways. They want to feel less guilty about it.

Kater

Banned
That's people in general. They don't want actual advice, just confirmation of what they were going to do anyways. They want to feel less guilty about it.
Correct.

I'm guilty of that as well with the thread I made on OT not too long ago. >.>

what you don't want no Naurto x Sasuke doujins? lol
I don't want anything Naruto-related, neither hentai nor the actual anime/manga. :/

Now, One Piece is different. Zoro is a good mix of muscles and lean and he's around 21 (and looks like it!), I wouldn't mind someone making a gay doujin with him. :3

<3

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2014/12/plano_equal_rights_liberty_institute.php

I've heard a number of questions and arguments have been raised and before I have council speak, I do want to note a few points. Some of the most common things I've heard is ... why? Why are we doing this? Why now? What's the problem we are trying to fix? What's the solution trying to find a problem? It's been said in many ways.
The simple answer is, providing equal rights to everyone is the right thing to do. That's why. The issue of equality is a basic human rights issue. And the choice for some people to focus this on a person's sexuality is conflating the issue. Umm, it's a person's sexual and moral issues that you've decided to be, you've made the decision was not right is secondary to the fact that all Plano citizens and residents should be treated in a nondiscriminatory manner for housing, employment and delivery of services. So, I'll ask you the question, council, I'll ask you the chamber, I'll ask anybody watching–-tell me the appropriate time to do the right thing.

In 1865, if we chose to rescind the notion that a black person was three-fifths of a human being, the question would be–why are we doing this now? If we spoke in 1919 to allow women to vote, the question would be–why are you oppressing me and making me subject to his now? If we are against the practice in New York City in the early 20th century, when the windows were filled with help wanted, but no Irish need to apply. If we tried to write that, why now? Why would we be doing that now? If we looked to stop segregation, that led to common practice in the south, where African-American families went through the back door for their children–to a veterinarian's office to get healthcare–you'd say what's the problem we are trying to fix?

And finally, if we looked to write an ordinance to ban unfair housing practice that was written in covenants in California in the 1950s, that was discriminatory against Jewish-Americans, we'd say–what's wrong with what's going on? Why are we doing this now? So, those are solutions looking for problems. Where those businesses forced to go past their morals? Frankly, the question is not why now–it's what took us so long? That's really what the question is. [crowd disruption] Of our peers, of our peers, I'm speaking now, the public forum is closed. And if you are going to disrupt the Plano city council meeting, you obviously do not understand this process and you will be asked to leave. So, I ask you again, respect this chamber. The question is, that we have peers, peers in the state of Texas, and our peers are not necessarily our neighbors, our peers are the top 10 cities in Texas, we are the ninth largest city in Texas. Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus, Austin and El Paso all have ordinances similar or parts of this that address these issues. So, we are by no means even being leaders. We are being followers. This is Plano, the city of excellence. History is full of examples of leaders that lead and others that follow. And the arc of history tells us that leaders are the visionaries. It was a wise man that once said, "if I am not for myself, then who will be for me? If I am not for others, than what am I? And if not now, then when?" Council, this is our now. To make a decision as to whether we think everyone in Plano–-the city of excellence-–is afforded the opportunity to be treated 100 percent like they belong. One hundred percent. And so, with that, I'll open up the discussion to council and prepare to make a motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom