• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvmew

... Your name's "Upside_Down" when viewed upside-down! :C

I'm sorry that took me so long.

tTOQV.jpg

Yeah, the "Parents will love you no matter what" thing is really not true. I'm kinda scared of what might happen when I come out to my Dad... hopefully I don't get hit but I'm fighting back lol

I don't live with or maintain any relationship with my father, and this is a big reason why. My mom keeps being pushy for me to start talking to him, but I know if I come out to him
which would be inevitable since knowing him, he will spend all conversation time to tell me what I'm doing wrong with my life and ask if I have a girlfriend yet, and I'm so done with the closet lol
, he will murder me and probably everyone here in Vegas so that no one he knows has knowledge that he has a gay son. lol

I'm... Surprised that no-one else noticed beforehand. Then again, I only noticed it when I dropped my phone while I was looking at this thread, and the screen, uh, swooshed around to vertical again.

... My mind has never been this... Blown~

That's always the part you don't want blown

Crayons

Banned
What I don't understand is how people like blowjobs, and people like cocaine which is called blow, but saying someone blows is a bad thing. And the opposite of saying they blow, saying they suck, is also an insult

Grakl

What I don't understand is how people like blowjobs, and people like cocaine which is called blow, but saying someone blows is a bad thing. And the opposite of saying they blow, saying they suck, is also an insult
You just have to suck it up.

garyBig

Man, your coming out stories make me feel rather privileged. Arranged a hike in the mountains with my dad. Told him. Now he knows. Easy.

DOWN

Banned
I was told to go suck dick when I was winning a board game. I smiled and said "That's not an insult." There was silence and then lots of blushing and laughter.

I didn't really have any choice in the matter of my coming out. I would highly recommend all others ensure they retain that choice.

Uh, I'm actually a dragon. Big secret, don't tell.
Silence has it's price.
Like $1.50 or so I'm not a monster.

...well fuck me, I never even noticed.

This is like when I learned what Phoenix Down was from the Giant Bombcast.

Kater

Banned
I came out to a lot of people when I was drunk. Don't remember much of the details, but mostly it was acceptance that people showed me. Well, my straight friends joked around if I liked them or not and I was like: "Yeah, obviously. We are friends, remember?"

My Grandma was okay with it too (so okay, she even told my Ma, urgh), same as my brother.
Haven't told my dad though, huh. Maybe I'll do that too, one day.

Edit:
Oh, we already moved on from coming out. Meh. I should refresh the page more often. -.-

Dany

Banned
Still havn't told my dad.

This is like when I learned what Phoenix Down was from the Giant Bombcast.

That was quite the sobering moment for me. I was right there with Jeff. Speaking f Giant bomb, I have my new drew-avatar ready once christmas is over. I can't wait.

Kevyt

I came out to a lot of people when I was drunk. Don't remember much of the details, but mostly it was acceptance that people showed me. Well, my straight friends joked around if I liked them or not and I was like: "Yeah, obviously. We are friends, remember?"

My Grandma was okay with it too (so okay, she even told my Ma, urgh), same as my brother.

Edit:
Oh, we already moved on from coming out. Meh. I should refresh the page more often. -.-

You told your straight friends you liked them when you cane out? O: or like as in like as friends? Confusing Gato is confusing.

Grakl

Might have to rent a room in an apartment without Lucario, too hard to find an apartment for two people right now :(

Never had to room with random people, and I really don't want to.

Dany

Banned
Might have to rent a room in an apartment without Lucario, too hard to find an apartment for two people right now :(

For when? I'm surprised about that. Our lease ends in August, so we're gonna start looking in February forplaces

Magnus

I'm in the mood for some Gay TV/film again.

Queer as Folk (US) is usually my jam. Really important series for me that I revisit every 2-3 years (and I always end up marveling at how my new experiences or relationships between each review change what the show means to me - I saw it first when I was a virginal 15 year old, and again now, at 30, with so much having changed since).

That said, I'm looking for more, something new.

Why in the world I decided to just watch Eating Out 5 on Netflix though....holy fuck. This film is fucking terrible, but it's got some unintentionally hilarious moments. And the dudes are hot.

Dead Man

Teeth are way worse then some misunderstanding of the term 'blow'.

It's the same in German by the way, "blasen"(blow) and "lutschen" (suck).

Also, I never use the term "lutschen in a non-sexual context, it's just way too suggestive. Such a naughty word. :p

Glad we are not alone in English having a somewhat silly language then :) I like the idea of a word that is too suggestive to use, though.

Grakl

For when? I'm surprised about that. Our lease ends in August, so we're gonna start looking in February forplaces

For January until/through the summer. It'll be a sublet, so it's (generally) not a lease or anything. My schedule is weird because of my co-op cycles, and he's currently looking for a job since he's graduated.

I didn't know Spencer's sold vibrators in their stores also I went to the mall for the first time in years. All these cute guys working. This one guy who was flying an rc copter though

Kater

Banned
You told your straight friends you liked them when you cane out? O: or like as in like as friends? Confusing Gato is confusing.
As friends
with benefits.

Kidding, of course. ;)

poor dads always being left out of their childrens lives
I never had the chance to talk to him about it, simple.

Glad we are not alone in English having a somewhat silly language then :) I like the idea of a word that is too suggestive to use, though.
You don't have words like that in the English language?

Kevyt

poor dads always being left out of their childrens lives

yey

You tell your dad everything "letting him" into your life? :p

If so, some interesting convos you must have with him... wink wink ;)

Queer as Folk (US) is usually my jam. Really important series for me that I revisit every 2-3 years (and I always end up marveling at how my new experiences or relationships between each review change what the show means to me - I saw it first when I was a virginal 15 year old, and again now, at 30, with so much having changed since).

Why in the world I decided to just watch Eating Out 5 on Netflix though....holy fuck. This film is fucking terrible, but it's got some unintentionally hilarious moments. And the dudes are hot.

On the mood for something different? How about, Blue is the Warmest color? :p

Eating Out: drama camp was funny, it was the only one from the eating out series I liked. Gay dramas on Netflix that I have liked are Judas Kiss, A Single Man Out in the Dark and Priest. Transparent is really good but it's on Amazon. What netflix films have you watched?

alvmew

Edit:

Coming out drunk is the best haha. That's how I came out to my best friend from growing up, and then a bunch of random friends from high school (and friends of his). We were hanging at a bar and they kept trying to hook me up with chicks. So I told people as the night went on, but one guy was extra persistent in trying to get me laid but never let me say anything so he didn't get told until we were all super drunk and everyone laughed when he brought up to the group how hard he was trying because at that point everyone else knew roflmao

Grakl

Would you be interested in documentaries as well?

@Art: Really sorry to hear that Art (hugs) like others have said, feel free to keep us updated vent out around here. We are here to help and support as best as we can.

All this time and i never.... whaaaaa?
GIF-God-jaw-drop-jurassic-park-look-mother-of-god-OMG-pay-attention-shocked-surprised-GIF.gif

Golnei

I told my mother, looks like I have to move out. Expected reaction though.

Well that's fucking terrible, I hope you can get through everything okay. I want to say it's good that you don't seem shocked, but being forced to anticipate being ostracised by your family for a harmless and unalterable characteristic is an awful state of affairs.

True. My first time, I scraped with my teeth, whoops. Felt so bad, lmao.

D:

Man, your coming out stories make me feel rather privileged. Arranged a hike in the mountains with my dad. Told him. Now he knows. Easy.

You're significantly behind on your angst quota - from what you've said it sounds like your relationship with your dad isn't even strained. Have you considered taking up a drug habit or joining a neo-fascist political party to create a more appropriate degree of shame, disappointment and anger?

I don't I've ever seen someone use a Sister Act 2 gif before. Ratsky setting trends.

Also it's cold and gray here :(

I wouldn't mind switching places with you - it's nice to be able to go outside without drowning, but I'm not sure it's worth the constant humidity.

Yeah, that's me with German. I can barely speak it but I can read some of it pretty well which is all I'll probably need it for in the future TBH.
I always wanted to go back to it though.

I'm in a similar position - I can barely remember the German and Chinese I did in school; let alone the Latin; but I can still sort of manage reading the former. At least I'm mostly conversant in Greek, but any Arabic I might have known as a kid has long since withered and died.

Goldrush

If you exhausted Netflix, try some of the Youtube webseries like Horizon or Hustling. Thinking back, they aren't exactly great, but does scratch that itch.

Kater

Banned
Coming out drunk is the best haha. That's how I came out to my best friend from growing up, and then a bunch of random friends from high school (and friends of his). We were hanging at a bar and they kept trying to hook me up with chicks. So I told people as the night went on, but one guy was extra persistent in trying to get me laid but never let me say anything so he didn't get told until we were all super drunk and everyone laughed when he brought up to the group how hard he was trying because at that point everyone else knew roflmao
That's a pretty good way to do it, I think.

My coming out was just cheesy, I wish now it would have went more like yours. To one of my friends I literally came out of a closet, drunk on Whiskey and wine and told him, then he hugged me, told me that it is completely okay. Those words have quite the power when you do open up with fears of getting abandoned. laughed, [etc.] at at first.

My grandmother I called on the phone after a night where I got drunk. I had some small change left so I called her from a cell phone since it would be private. She was so cool with it though.

Another friend I called, also while drunk and talked with him an hour on the phone.

Then my brother, who probably already knew, I mean he already asked once before if I'm just not into girls and back then I dodged the question. Anyway, of course he was cool with it as well. My brother was always the most open about anything.

Having those situations written out like that makes them almost seem normal. But in my memory, they were extraordinary, a clusterfuck of emotions.

Grakl

Coming out is hard. I still haven't come out to my grandma yet.

(Apparently) I came out to my sister yesterday. I thought she already knew, but she said it was disgusting that I had a boyfriend. She's 9, so it's fine -- told her it's wrong and very rude/mean to say that, hah. Woo being the oldest and gay! She felt real bad for saying that, it seems, so that's good.

Coming out is hard. I still haven't come out to my grandma yet.

(Apparently) I came out to my sister yesterday. I thought she already knew, but she said it was disgusting that I had a boyfriend. She's 9, so it's fine -- told her it's wrong and very rude/mean to say that, hah. Woo being the oldest and gay! She felt real bad for saying that, it seems, so that's good.
She's still young and impressionable so it's good that you told her now before she gets bad ideas from elsewhere.

And yeah coming out is so difficult. Apparently my dad found out somehow a couple of weeks ago. Called my mom and chewed her out. Our relationship has been strained for a while and now it looks to be even worse. :( ugh.

daripad

Well, I have come out to few people. The two people I thought were my best friends disappointed me. The first girl rejected the idea just because it is a sin and god would not accept it and stuff like that. The other one, a guy, told me it was unnatural and a bad thing to be.

Then I came out to my other friends (who are my true friends). The first one, the one who kind of has been my eternal crush was really okay with it and said that he would support me. The second one said that he didn't mind and that I shouldn't be worried. The third one questioned it at first and told me it was fine and that I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it.

Then I told another girl who I wasn't really friends with and since then we've been closer and we trust each other with our secrets.

I still have to tell my family about it, but I'm just concerned about my father since he is the only one that I would care about his opinion on it.

kurona_bright

Neo Member
Ahaha, finally posting in this thread again. Finals are done, and I'm looking forward to playing COOT in full. I was one of the beta-forum backers, but I haven't messed around much with the builds that were sent out. :p
Looking forward to the fish.
I didn't really have any choice in the matter of my coming out. I would highly recommend all others ensure they retain that choice.
This. I told one sibling, then the other, and both took it rather well - but then my older sibling decided to have me tell my mother out of the blue (they were doing it with the absolute best of intentions, though). I ...thought my mother took it okay, but the next evening everything went to complete shit. At the end of all the tears and raised voices (and, err, suicidal statements) both my parents made me promise not to tell anybody until I was "ready to decide" - that is, when I was 21. Which is a rule I have smashed into the ground at this point. :p

But I'm still incredibly lucky in the fact that despite all that, they still love me. They're paying for college and the dynamic between us hasn't changed much - except that I never talk about gay stuff around them and they generally don't bring it up either. Elephant in the room, but it works for the moment. I'm a bit worried what happens when I turn 21, though.

Mr. F

Banned

House hunting is exhausting business, I've recently been on a kick myself with similarly mixed luck.

I've known some people who were able to move in with random tenants and got on well, even became good friends, but I'm hesitant to try it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom