• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Syphilis Rates Soaring Among Gay And Bisexual Men, CDC Reports

The number of cases of syphilis in the United States shot up 10% from 2012 to 2013, with gay and bisexual men accounting for 75% of that increase.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that 17,357 cases of syphilis were diagnosed in 2013, or about 5.5 cases per 100,000 people.

But why are so many of them men who have sex with men?

“Some are the high number of sexual partners and sexual networks that create a vicious cycle where the prevalence of syphilis is higher,” says the CDC’s Dr. Jonathan Mermin. “And that leads to higher incidence, which leads to higher prevalence, and that cycle can increase the frequency of infection.”

Rates of syphilis among gay and bisexual men have been skyrocketing for nearly a decade: In 2012, there were almost 9,000 cases of syphilis, 84% of them among men who have sex with men. In 2000, by comparison, there were only 6,000 cases nationwide, and most were among heterosexuals.

“We are very concerned about what we consider this rising epidemic of syphilis among gay and bisexual men,” Dr. Gail Bolan, director of the CDC’s division of STD prevention, said earlier this year. “This is a consistent, disturbing trend.”

Dr. Jill Rabin of the North Shore-LIJ Health System says the trend is “very alarming,” and could have implications for HIV.

“Syphilis is like the canary in the coal mine for HIV,” she explained. “People are going to be positive for syphilis before they are diagnosed with HIV. This means that there is a potential increase in HIV cases.”

Rabin also said the sores caused by syphilis make it easier to transmit or receive HIV.

but then youd have to live in new york :/

silly goos

I've played 1, 4, 5, 8, and 9. Currently playing through 6 and have 2 and 3 waiting in the wings. I wish SE or Nintendo or whoever would release 7 3DS in the US. :(

Hey now. Don't be makin fun of NY. I was born there (New Rochelle).

Kater

Banned
daripad, every time I see your face on twitter I smile. You are really cute. Whoever you'll get as your partner will be a lucky guy. :)

Kevyt

He'll be lucky because I'm a funny guy
I'm not :p but according to a friend, I will likely be too romantic :O

:p

You can never be too romantic, unless your partner is into masochism, and or bdsm.

---------------------------

Do you guys know if there's a Cat related thread in here? Like a Cat OT?

Mr. F

Banned
Taking a shot in the dark but I guess this is what communities are for; if anyone has any experience or advice concerning coping with loss, I'd appreciate a PM.

COOT had a song by Pansy Division. Decided to check out some of their stuff. It is kind of annoying because their songs start out super catchy and inevitably have a part where they just fall apart and kind of turn "meh"

COOT had a song by Pansy Division. Decided to check out some of their stuff. It is kind of annoying because their songs start out super catchy and inevitably have a part where they just fall apart and kind of turn "meh"

I think that's a punk thing tbh, if they don't fall apart they're not punk rock enough.

RM8

The new gift region lock in Steam is so bullcrap :( I have only a handful of Mexican friends on Steam, lol. Oh well, we do get insanely cheap stuff now that Steam uses Mexican currency, so it's not entirely terrible.

Kater

Banned
AHUAHUAHUA
You hyena. :|

He'll be lucky because I'm a funny guy
I'm not :p but according to a friend, I will likely be too romantic :O
Being a romantic is not a bad thing.

Taking a shot in the dark but I guess this is what communities are for; if anyone has any experience or advice concerning coping with loss, I'd appreciate a PM.
I will try to help you as best as possible, but will be honest, I'm dunk. So maybe I will say silly stuff too. Anyway, I'm online on Steam and here on GAF. Shoot me a PM or a message if you want to.

Kevyt

I misread this as wives, lol.

No, thanks :S

Nothing wrong with BDSM.

helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no

love them

You don't like cats?

The new gift region lock in Steam is so bullcrap :( I have only a handful of Mexican friends on Steam, lol. Oh well, we do get insanely cheap stuff now that Steam uses Mexican currency, so it's not entirely terrible.

It's annoying. The insanely cheap Russian prices are now gone. :(

Did you try to run Revengeance on your PC yet?

RM8

It's annoying. The insanely cheap Russian prices are now gone. :(

Did you try to run Revengeance on your PC yet?
Nah, it really would be like trying to run Super Mario 64 on a NES, lol. I might try it for the lols :p

I'm playing that Platinum-made Korra game, though, and it's surprisingly good even if I have never watched the show!

The whole region lock seems so counter to Gabe's (supposed) ideals, especially the stuff about how services like Steam need compete with piracy by offering a better service.

Kevyt

theyre fine dogs are just way better

Dogs are smarter I'll give you that. But how do you know dogs are better (overall) than cats?

Nah, it really would be like trying to run Super Mario 64 on a NES, lol. I might try it for the lols :p

I'm playing that Platinum-made Korra game, though, and it's surprisingly good even if I have never watched the show!

What kind of deals does Mexico get during steam sales? Are the deals the same throughout all the regions but just with different prices fixed to a region's currency?

RM8

What kind of deals does Mexico get during steam sales? Are the deals the same throughout all the regions but just with different prices fixed to a region's currency?
Same % off, but our base prices are usually lower now.

Example, Saints Row IV is currently 75% off - that's $5 USD in the US and ~$3 USD in Mexico. We're honestly getting great prices since the shift to local currency. Of course Capcom is being stupid and pricing stuff sometimes even higher than before, for some reason, lol. Nintendo sometimes prices stuff differently for Mexico as well, surprisingly! Shovel Knight is $10 USD instead of $15 over here, for example.

daripad

Nintendo sometimes prices stuff differently for Mexico as well, surprisingly! Shovel Knight is $10 USD instead of $15 over here, for example.

But for retail games they use the same high price that mexican retailers use, is disgusting how they seem to accept overpricing their games

Being a romantic is not a bad thing.

I never said it was a bad thing, in fact I wrote because I think it is fine :)

Nothing wrong with BDSM.

It is just not for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom