• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Cute dog
owner
alert
nukuPCL.gif

GVwzpH6.gif

I'm in love
with his dog. He's so funny :D
The owner is quite cute too :)

garyBig

So last night the guy I've been chatting with for a month or so and me, we made plans to meet in the local gay club after the holidays. This is like everything I had hoped for. First step into real life (gay) stuff, this is so fucking exciting.

God, now I am a bit anxious tho. First time in a club, let alone a gay club. First time meeting someone at all in this context. First time everything. This will be the night of first times. Hope he's not into dancing haha

Grakl

Every available path is translated. However, the game is still in development and not all routes are in.

In:
Dragon Trucker Dude: Big and chubby, kind of kooky and a lot of his endings are super troll-y
Raccoon Guy: Small and chubby, earnest best friend time who is kind of clumsy and insecure
Buff Bear Guy: The bear of this game is literally a bear, I forgot his personality honestly it was very nondescript
Wolf Junior: Happy-go-lucky gamer kid
Husky Bro: Edgelord supreme, also in a band
Cat Guy (My Husbando): Sickly rich kid , introverted, highly intellectual
Tiger Bro: Guy next door kind of deal, friendly, body builder, lovable goofball

Not in:
Lion Junior: Happy-go-lucky sports kid and also probably fucking his senior in the soccer club
Labrador Senior: Laid back, mature dude and also probably fucking his junior in the soccer club

There's not that much nudity. Every route gets one and only one real sex scene, the other stuff is sappy romance fluff. It's not like COOT where you're getting naked every 5 minutes.

Cool, thanks for da info.

Jaysus, I go to bed earlyish one night and you gays go post crazy.

So last night the guy I've been chatting with for a month or so and me, we made plans to meet in the local gay club after the holidays. This is like everything I had hoped for. First step into real life (gay) stuff, this is so fucking exciting.

God, now I am a bit anxious tho. First time in a club, let alone a gay club. First time meeting someone at all in this context. First time everything. This will be the night of first times. Hope he's not into dancing haha
Congrats, man. I hope you enjoy yourself. A night of firsts like that can be amazing
and overwhelming in my case.
Try to let go of the anxiety and just go with it. You'll enjoy yourself more.

@ab.aeterno
I'm okay for the most part, but thanks for your concern - it's really nice have someone do that. :)
To be honest, when it comes to trouble with my folks I'm mostly worried about my grades - but I somehow managed to pull at least A-'s in everything so they won't kill me. :p
No worries. And damn, you are doing way better grades-wise than I ever did, haha.

daripad

Congrats :) Have a nice time with him and enjoy being yourself.

Dany

Banned

That's great. :D Gay clubs are loud though haha. In hindsight I had too many dates at a bar/club only to barely hear my date.

HylianTom

Banned
I always feel awkward and self-conscious when I go out to a club. Extreme introversion. Painful shyness. Part of why I'm such a homebody.

My favorite dates have always ended-up being in the outdoors, even though I'm thoroughly a city boy. Walks along a river/lake, stargazing away from light pollution, hiking trips.. pack a few sandwiches, and I love it.

garyBig

I always feel awkward and self-conscious when I go out to a club. Extreme introversion. Painful shyness. Part of why I'm such a homebody.

My favorite dates have always ended-up being in the outdoors, even though I'm thoroughly a city boy. Walks along a river/lake, stargazing away from light pollution, hiking trips.. pack a few sandwiches, and I love it.

Painful shyness should be alleviated by the alcohol, no?

HylianTom

Banned
Painful shyness should be alleviated by the alcohol, no?
But.. I don't like alcohol, except for maybe a nightcap.

I know, I know.. Cajun/Irish blood, living in a big party town - I should love alcohol, right? The stuff either knocks me out or leaves me feeling "off."

But.. I don't like alcohol, except for maybe a nightcap.

I know, I know.. Cajun/Irish blood, living in a big party town - I should love alcohol, right? The stuff either knocks me out or leaves me feeling "off."
Same. It just makes me feel super tired. And I don't really like the taste all that much.

garyBig

Huh, I like to think without alcohol I'm a bit too sober for my own good in these environments. The reduction of inhibitions and the slowing down of cognitive functions helps reduce overreflectedness and overthinking of irrelevant details imo and let you focus on having fun. But I guess it has a different effect on everyone. (I can also drink quite a lot without feeling sick or losing my mind so maybe I'm just lucky)

-
btw thanks for the encouragement to all and oh:
and overwhelming in my case.
is thaat... the good kind or the bad?

Grakl

What do people do to get rid of blackheads? Exfoliating face stuff? I'm going to get some products to tame my hair and get rid of blackheads tomorrow from Lush, since I'm sick of all that. I figure pore strips could damage my skin if I use those.

Kater

Banned
Alcohol is gr8
It really is, especially wine and liqueur. Beer, whiskey, vodka and so on just make me fell bad the day after.

Does that really work? Every time I drink I feel like the "mumbling and having a hard time to walk straight" part comes quicker then the shyness reduction. :|
Depends on what you drink, really. I think wine is the best for when you want to get quickly drunk and still regain some of your senses.

bigkrev

My brother called me last night to tell me about his first experience going to a gay bar last weekend, and all the fun he had (he's straight, he went with his girlfriend)

The entire time, the subtext was why haven't you come out to me yet you know that I know and that I still love you!, and I still can't do it, because I'm the worlds biggest pussy :(

Grakl

My brother called me last night to tell me about his first experience going to a gay bar last weekend, and all the fun he had (he's straight, he went with his girlfriend)

The entire time, the subtext was why haven't you come out to me yet you know that I know and that I still love you!, and I still can't do it, because I'm the worlds biggest pussy :(

Nah, it's understandable. Come out when you're ready! You don't have anything to lose, though, and you have quite a bit to gain!

VegiHam

Well I mean at least you know whenever you're ready he'll take it well, right?

He wasn't always a regal pup. This was the pic taken immediately before that one..

He's making that goofy face at our neighbor.
What an adorable doge. He must have been quite a pup.

One day, I will finally have a doge of my own.

Huh, I like to think without alcohol I'm a bit too sober for my own good in these environments. The reduction of inhibitions and the slowing down of cognitive functions helps reduce overreflectedness and overthinking of irrelevant details imo and let you focus on having fun. But I guess it has a different effect on everyone. (I can also drink quite a lot without feeling sick or losing my mind so maybe I'm just lucky)
I'm like you. Without alcohol, I'm too shy, self-conscious and over-thoughtful to enjoy myself at a club or party. But once I get to a particular state of drunkenness, my inhibitions and walls drop, and I stop over thinking things and have fun. The few times I enjoyed myself dancing I got pretty drunk.

I've also recently rediscovered my high tolerance, ha. When I can shock my hard drinking coworkers with how much I drank and not getting sick, I must be doing something right.

btw thanks for the encouragement to all and oh:

is thaat... the good kind or the bad?
The complicated kind, lol. Which is of no surprise to anyone else here I'm sure.

Alcohol is gr8
Dragons know what's up.

Oh, not even close. Don't say that about yourself, nor beat yourself up for not being ready yet. Changing the status quo is scary, and can be a big step to take. What's important to know is whether or not you're ready. If you want to come out, then you'll need to prepare yourself for any outcome, and start building up your confidence. It won't be an overnight thing, don't pressure yourself.

Trust me, you are not the world's biggest coward, lol. I've been closeted close to half my life. Shit is hard, man.

Kevyt

Euthanization? For scratching someone?

untitl22.png

I waited for such an opportunity to post this.

It's Shin Kuroi from Morenatsu in case you are wondering.

Yeah, it happens. If a cat or dog are not friendly enough and attack people they will be euthanized. This usually happens at shelters where the dogs and cats are put up for adoption. Even those "no kill" shelters will euthanize their animals. It's somewhat sad but understandable.

Mostly stereotypical stuff like me having a fairly feminine personality and my feminine speech patterns
I just don't like my genitals dictating the way I act

gendernoncomformist till death

Preach!! Must be hard, but it's good that you who you are. It takes a lot of courage to be yourself! :)

Ending
I cried.
. I really enjoyed that, thanks.

The last scene was very well done and powerful. The hug between the priest and the girl was very moving. Father Mathew Thomas was a very likable and realistic character. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Went from not liking wine at all to finding it pretty ok. My family are big wine drinkers during the holidays and I've finally worked up the courage to actually try the stuff.

kurona_bright

Neo Member
No worries. And damn, you are doing way better grades-wise than I ever did, haha.
It's to preserve my own skin. My high school grades were a lot worse (well, 'worse,' considering that that just means a couple of B's in the mix), but my mom is borderline-ashamed of the college I ended up attending - so getting anything less than an A makes the family situation a bit uncomfortable.

I'm going to UCSD. :p

RM8

Alcohol is truly not for me. I always accept a drink and people will tell me "you're absolutely going to like this one, it doesn't taste like alcohol at all!". I never like it, it always tastes a lot like alcohol :p It just happened at work during our year end celebration. I've read about a condition that makes people extremely sensitive to the taste of alcohol, I wouldn't be surprised if I have that! Even when people cook with alcohol and swear it "evaporated" (in reality it never goes away completely) it makes food inedible for me :(

Kater

Banned

Dany

Banned
has advanced in the intervening decades, and on Tuesday the F.D.A. acknowledged as much, lifting the lifetime ban but keeping in place a more modest block on donations by men who have had sex with other men in the last 12 months.

Still bullshit

mantidor

K who is this dude I submitted a photo of him to the gaygaf tumblr page in like April.

I've already wasted too much time on tumblr why I do allow this to happen.

Yq2dyDc.jpg

Jesus christ.

I'm starting to get pissed at all these ridiculously handsome people I have no chance in hell with, it's frustrating :p

The last scene was very well done and powerful. The hug between the priest and the girl was very moving. Father Mathew Thomas was a very likable and realistic character. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah I liked his character. I kind of relate to the religious vocation thing since for like four years I thought I was going to become a Buddhist monk. I thought the plot in relation to his character seemed pretty realistic.

Jesus christ.

I'm starting to get pissed at all these ridiculously handsome people I have no chance in hell with, it's frustrating :p

Don't let it get you down. I was going to try to think of something constructive or insightful to put here but I couldn't think of anything.

Kevyt

Jesus christ.

You get mad, I get sad. It saddens me seeing all those handsome guys and knowing I'll never have a chance with them.

Crying.gif

But I can sit back and admire :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom