• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Wait is there a straight flag?

Yes

-140357369255.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That is terrible straights have no sense of aesthetics as usual.

Me: Down 20 Mbps, Up 3 Mbps
I'm running it on a laptop that's a couple years old with a GT 540M and a 2.3 GHz i-5.

Ugh, I just had her run a speed test. 5 down and 0.5 up, LOL. *sigh* I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to make this work :(
You may have to turn the bit rate all the way down. Lower than what her down connection is. Try that and see.

Kater

Banned
Maybe you could tone it down a bit with the flags there.

It's a bit overwhelming.

Edit:

Sorry if this seems like I am backseat-modding. It was not my intention.

Caladrius

Y'all are a bunch of vexillological motherfuckers.

-

And I finished all the games I wanted to before Christmas! Now I have absolutely no more excuses to not write or do job applications.

I'll manage to get distracted anyway. :[

DOWN

Banned
Ohhh, I always thought slash fiction was like murder fiction, or slashing someone.
Same. The things you can learn around here.

7gGXGl8sc4NLW.gif

I think I know the kind of personality you're talking about. He has a lot of friends because he is charming and generous with his attention, seeming to get more energy from other people or their feelings (and responding to them in appropriate or fluent ways) than necessarily involving people in his own feelings. He doesn't really like to talk about himself very much, has a goofy sense of humor, and can be absurdly sweet, almost in a way that is scarily intense, when the mood strikes him?

I think he doesn't know how he feels, he sees feelings as existing in a constant state of flux or field of indeterminacy, and is used to playing off other people and accommodating other people. With his own feelings he is a bit of a coward (I don't really mean this as a criticism) or lacks a degree of self knowledge. What this all means is that he probably does care, but not enough. If he did there wouldn't be any doubt. I would let him go, let it die on its own like others have said.

Sounds like me tbh.

Too anxious to be very expressive, too non-feeling to ever give what I feel like I'm being given. I almost never hit emotional extremes, angry, excited, or otherwise. People talk to me and we get along, I'm liked at work, but I share way less about me than is shared by most people socially. Don't know about the humor or how I'm fully perceived, but I definitely am a bit inconsistent in how open and at ease I am when speaking to others who want to be around me. I've been told I seem to hold feelings back, but to me it feels like I'm either not feeling as intensely as others or I'm just too anxious or uninterested to share.

It takes lots of time and persistence for me to be comfortable with someone, so I only have two people I talk to regularly, and they've been my friends for years.

Whoops on me I guess but it's just my personality. That guy texting me tons might be an example of how I roll. He got really into it and I found it easy to drop it. You're analysis of a stranger was great to read for me.

Kevyt

Y'all are a bunch of vexillological motherfuckers.

-

And I finished all the games I wanted to before Christmas! Now I have absolutely no more excuses to not write or do job applications.

I'll manage to get distracted anyway. :[

I had to google that word.

The flag of the Second Mexican Empire was so badass:

It was. It looks like overkill though.

Maryland has the best US State flag:

main-qimg-debb8f3c910353cdde74691819c63349

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom