• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
The only truly ugly people are those that are rotten on the inside.[/sage]
nod-of-approvaluoy0n.gif

Insomniac's Asylum

insomniacs.jpg

I miss 1990s-era AOL =(
Is that a very old website? Looks like it.

I bet I was maybe 3 when that website was made, by the looks of it. :p

Good morning GAF (well at least morning to Euro GAF). I am pretty hung hover after drinking a ton of beers and eating sausage (no pun intended). At the party my office had yesterday one of the sausages was labeled "Not Chorizo"...what the hell does that mean? It bothered me all night lol.

From which country in the EU are you?

I'm never hungover, but then I'm well trained. :p

Christopher

Also, I want to share with you guys, as I've done before:

http://www.lesmills.com/

That program; Body Combat, Body Pump, and Body Attack are the three classes that keep me in top shape. From going to the upper 200's to a maintained 175 in muscle I don't know what I'd do without these classes. It makes the gym fun, and makes you want to go. I'm telling you two months, and you guys will see a difference.

From which country in the EU are you?

I'm never hungover, but then I'm well trained. :p

Born in Portugal, grew up in the US (currently live in Los Angeles), and working temporarily in Stockholm. My company sends me here to one of our studios for 2 weeks at a time about every 8 weeks.

Kater

Banned
Born in Portugal, grew up in the US (currently live in Los Angeles), and working temporarily in Stockholm. My company sends me here to one of our studios for 2 weeks at a time about every 8 weeks.
Uhhh, Portugal. Beautful country. :D
Did your parents go to America for work or was it you who wanted to live/work there?

I don't know much about Stockholm but it looks lovely from the pictures I've seen of it.

300px-Sandhamn_February_2013_04.jpg

It's probably a bit chilly there. ^_^

Are you enjoying your stays in Europe?

Uhhh, Portugal. Beautful country. :D
Did your parents go to America for work or was it you who wanted to live/work there?

I don't know much about Stockholm but it looks lovely from the pictures I've seen of it.

300px-Sandhamn_February_2013_04.jpg

It's probably a bit chilly there. ^_^

Are you enjoying your stays in Europe?

Portugal IS beautiful and I love visiting! I really enjoy Europe in general, its just so much more friendlier than the US. My father went to the US for work and we went with him :) Now that my dad is gone my mom is going to move back to Europe to retire. I think she wants to move to Switzerland since they have fantastic health care (she has MS).

And Stockholm is a great city but I definitely recommend coming in the summer time. It is SOOOOOOooo cold during the winter and there is only about 3 hours of sunlight. It can get depressing lol. Right now its the end of August and you need a jacket if you go outside. Its basically the equivalent of winter in Los Angeles right now :D

Kater

Banned
Portugal IS beautiful and I love visiting! I really enjoy Europe in general, its just so much more friendlier than the US. My father went to the US for work and we went with him :) Now that my dad is gone my mom is going to move back to Europe to retire. I think she wants to move to Switzerland since they have fantastic health care (she has MS).

And Stockholm is a great city but I definitely recommend coming in the summer time. It is SOOOOOOooo cold during the winter and there is only about 3 hours of sunlight. It can get depressing lol. Right now its the end of August and you need a jacket if you go outside. Its basically the equivalent of winter in Los Angeles right now :D

MS is a terrible disease, sorry that your Mum has it. My Grandpa died in 2003 because of it (and the failures of some of the staff at the hospital since they forgot him on the balcony and the dehydration gave his body the rest). Switzerland has good hospitals so she would be in good hands there, yeah. :)

And Mainland Europe is in general pretty nice, yeah. Lots of cities still have very old buildings and it adds to the flair. Belgium, Germany and France in particular have a lot of old but so, so pretty architecture.

I really want to visit Portugal again, I was there once with my parents when I was maybe 3 years old. Long time ago. Don't remember much about it, sadly. But I saw a lot of photos from a friend of mine who was in Madeira for a short vacation (1 week).

And if I ever visit Stockholm I won't forget to take some wool pullovers with me, thanks for the advise. :D

Cuddler

It's a fine question.

Your question really depends on the person. Basically asexuals can be romantically (not sexually) attracted to people of either, both or no gender at all (Pretty much like everyone else except without the sex bit). Not all asexuals feel romantic attraction but some do (called aromantic).

Me personally I honestly don't know where I fit. I think I might be heteroromantic but I haven't met the right person yet.
Thank you for the answer! We got to be really close emotionally to the point that he said that he had feelings for me that never had before, but he wasn't physically attracted to me (or to any other man), and to women too. He basically said that he want to live his life alone and slowly pushed me away. It's difficult to me to understand if he just didn't want to be/labeled as gay because of the problem that can cause to him (he was scared of the possibility of his parents kicking him out) and the fact that he had a strong Chatolic education(before meeting me he said that he was scared of gay) or if he really just want to live alone for the rest of his life. He seems to be more interested in living a "normal" life than in being happy, but that's probably just my opinion. For me is difficult to understand why someone want to live his life alone, but I respect his decision.
yes
one in the same
yes
yes
yes
yes
i get naked with them and coo words softly into their ears
whos kidding who now here
That would't work with asexual people! See, I found someone! I won!
I'm joking obviously
and you too, right? lol
I'm a grower. When my penis is flaccid only the head is poking above my balls, (so no, I can't do the helicopter :( ), I would say that when I get aroused it grows like 300% but the result is not very espectacular. Someone told me it's tasty tough.
I laughed at this. Anyway, there are surveys on certain specific sites for certain specific people and if I remember correctly most of the people didn't care about that size, not sure how does that translate in real life.

So my day yesterday was pretty good.
I went to a Gender/Sexuality diversity welcome event at my school.
Met up with a few friends I haven't seen in a while which was nice but
the more interesting part of my visit there was that I met a cute Hispanic boy named Charlie.
We seem to have the same interests (Music, Video Games, Movies and so on...) and I got his number to stay in contact with him. So fingers crossed that this goes somewhere.

Other than that, I went to the LGBT club meeting afterwards. It was all fine and dandy with all of the new introductions and new people which was fun and all and then we started playing this icebreaker game called "The Cold Wind blows over.....) It was pretty PG and clean for a little while and then it got dirty. Really dirty. I felt as though I was being left out because obviously if you know me, I've never had so much as another relationship with someone else let alone a sexual one. I don't know, It just made me feel really uncomfortable. I might suggest keeping it clean next time as it's more interesting that way and it doesn't leave anyone in general out. The raunchy stuff felt a little weird because most people have a certain kink that they're into. The more interesting stuff to me is experiences that you've had or places you've been in.
Am I weird for feeling that way about the way the group took that game?

Anyways afterwards, I was planning on staying and talking to some of the people in the group but it didn't feel like anyone wanted to talk to me afterwards. I mean I know I can be socially inept, abrasive, and excitable towards other people because of my Asperger's and ADHD and stuff but I'm a generally nice person once you get to me. Wish people would just give me more of a chance. I want some more friends here. :( So I left and went home because I was tired.

Woo, That felt good to get my feelings out about that. Am I being weird about that kinda stuff? Maybe I'm a little too awkward sometimes. Who knows? I rambling now I know.

Mumei

So my day yesterday was pretty good.
I went to a Gender/Sexuality diversity welcome event at my school.
Met up with a few friends I haven't seen in a while which was nice but
the more interesting part of my visit there was that I met a cute Hispanic boy named Charlie.
We seem to have the same interests (Music, Video Games, Movies and so on...) and I got his number to stay in contact with him. So fingers crossed that this goes somewhere.

Other than that, I went to the LGBT club meeting afterwards. It was all fine and dandy with all of the new introductions and new people which was fun and all and then we started playing this icebreaker game called "The Cold Wind blows over.....) It was pretty PG and clean for a little while and then it got dirty. Really dirty. I felt as though I was being left out because obviously if you know me, I've never had so much as another relationship with someone else let alone a sexual one. I don't know, It just made me feel really uncomfortable. I might suggest keeping it clean next time as it's more interesting that way and it doesn't leave anyone in general out. The raunchy stuff felt a little weird because most people have a certain kink that they're into. The more interesting stuff to me is experiences that you've had or places you've been in.
Am I weird for feeling that way about the way the group took that game?

Anyways afterwards, I was planning on staying and talking to some of the people in the group but it didn't feel like anyone wanted to talk to me afterwards. I mean I know I can be socially inept, abrasive, and excitable towards other people because of my Asperger's and ADHD and stuff but I'm a generally nice person once you get to me. Wish people would just give me more of a chance. I want some more friends here. :( So I left and went home because I was tired.

Woo, That felt good to get my feelings out about that. Am I being weird about that kinda stuff? Maybe I'm a little too awkward sometimes. Who knows? I rambling now I know.

Well, I knew there had to be someone else on the spectrum in GayGAF.

Kater

Banned
Well, I knew there had to be someone else on the spectrum in GayGAF.

Why? Is there some correlation between homosexuality and autism in homosexual individuals?
If so, I've never heard of it before.

Well, I have posted in the Autism OT before so.. yeah.
What are you on the Spectrum?
And what do you think about my complaint? Am I being too sensitive about all of this?

You are not. If it crosses a line for you, ask the people around you to be more considerate of you.

Mumei

Why? Is there some correlation between homosexuality and autism in homosexual individuals?

No, I meant that I couldn't be the only one. (._. )

Edit: I'm sort of confused about how you got, "There's a correlation between autism and homosexuality" from my post, tbh.

Vitanimus

uh... I think they just meant there was just a good chance someone else is on the spectrum going by statistics... or something. like, there's a good chance at least someone posting has blonde hair like me, although maybe comparing the two isn't fair

Mumei

uh... I think they just meant there was just a good chance someone else is on the spectrum going by statistics... or something. like, there's a good chance at least someone posting has blonde hair like me, although maybe comparing the two isn't fair

Yes, precisely.

Kater

Banned
No, I meant that I couldn't be the only one. (._. )

Edit: I'm sort of confused about how you got, "There's a correlation between autism and homosexuality" from my post, tbh.

I'm reading to much into things people say, sometimes.

-.-

Sorry.

Alrus

I don't have the disposable income to afford another 3DS and I kinda want to buy a Vita or a PS4/Xbone someday down the line so I'll just hope there isn't any New 3DS exclusive coming that forces me to buy one >.>

No problem! It's this great site that works as a hub for real-life social groups. You search for groups in your area (if you're near a big city there will be hundreds), sign up for whatever looks interesting, and then attend any of the events you want to. There are city walks, sketch meetups, LGBT book clubs, tons of exercise groups... pretty much anything you can think of really. It's a good way to get out and meet friendly people who share some of your interests.

Just know there will always be jerks who dislike you for no good reason. If possible, try to surround yourself with people who like you for you and don't cut you down all the time.

Wow this is an awesome resource.. Thank you so much for sharing this with me :') I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom