• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
That means dick in Dutch :p
lul?

Holy wiktionary entry: (nsfw)

lul m (plural lullen, diminutive lulletje n)

(vulgar) cock, prick (slang for penis)

Als ik jouw mening zou willen weten, denk je dan ook niet dat ik eerst mijn lul uit je mond moet halen?

If I wanted your opinion, don't you think I would take my dick out of your mouth?

Hij glimlachte toen ik mijn hand tussen zijn dijen legde en zijn grote lul begon te wrijven.

He smiled when I put my hand between his thighs and started to rub his big dick.

Source (wiktionary, NSFW)

DOWN

Banned
Here's a late Christmas winking selfie:
16117806822_cd071fc7e1_z.jpg

And here's a New Year's Day selfie:
16161636061_dda7edb755.jpg

Maybe I'll use one of these for Real Pic January

The best of luck! And Law of Attraction? Is that a real thing?

It's a new age thing. Not really my thing, but despite gruf, mean looking, musclebear look, he's really into new age stuff which I thought surprising. But heck, who am I to criticize; he's done well for himself, looks great, and is bursting with positivity. I could learn from him.

I've always thought of you more as an Owl person.

And blame Europe. :V

Thank you, this kind of compliment appeals to me, lol.

It's a new age thing. Not really my thing, but despite gruf, mean looking, musclebear look, he's really into new age stuff which I thought surprising. But heck, who am I to criticize; he's done well for himself, looks great, and is bursting with positivity. I could learn from him.

I do metta meditation, parts of it is a sort of wishing for beneficence for yourself and others, and so some people will place aspects of it in a 'magical' framework, which is essentially what The Secret is. I think it's easy to be skeptical about what kind of effect something like that could have on the world, but at the same time if you think about it, what you're really doing is just radiating goodwill into the world. That's something that is going to shape the world positively, whether there is some kind of esoteric mechanism or not.

Grakl

I do metta meditation, parts of it is a sort of wishing for beneficence for yourself and others, and so some people will place aspects of it in a 'magical' framework, which is essentially what The Secret is. I think it's easy to be skeptical about what kind of effect something like that could have on the world, but at the same time if you think about it, what you're really doing is just radiating goodwill into the world. That's something that is going to shape the world positively, whether there is some kind of esoteric mechanism or not.

I can't say that this makes any sense tbh. Radiating goodwill doesn't mean anything if it's not some kind of action. I'm not spiritual, though.

I can't say that this makes any sense tbh. Radiating goodwill doesn't mean anything if it's not some kind of action. I'm not spiritual, though.

I suppose the idea is that it reconditions you to have more goodwill and clarifies or strengthens your moral intentions by conditioning you against hatred. When you do any sort of 'conditioning' practice it becomes particularly strong in jhana, because your mind becomes entirely collected in a subject or object so whatever is being contemplated penetrates your psyche very deeply. Metta in particular also resolves almost any kind of social disharmony and makes relating to other people profoundly uncomplicated. On the more obvious level that's the sort of thing that I meant.

Meditation is generally a form of mental training, the idea is that it's a tool that you can use to change yourself from the inside out, but you use different tools (meditation objects) for different aims. For something like this, actively projecting a benevolent intent towards yourself and others is a very strong sort of mental training for extending more of that kind of attitude in your daily life, and like anything where you're improving yourself, the benefit doesn't just stop with you and may impact others as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess if you're doing it in public, it can help ever so slightly.

Imagine if everyone in the world was radiating goodwill to each other. That would add up very quickly and lead to a better society.

Doing it privately/internally... well.

I think from talking to him and reading a bit since I got home, it's more about changing your frame of mind into a positive one. It doesnt discount actions, or working hard to get what you want...or trying to...but thinking that you can get it as opposed to immediately thinking negatively.

In the case of just this week, he wants me in his life, is attracted to me, immediately connected, and is willing to work to TRY to make it happen, despite the outcome. As opposed to how I approached the situation: I didn't want allow these good feelings, the love into my life because I feared the pain of separation and thought it best to avoid joy because of potential pain. We were both looking at the same thing...but we saw different possibilities because of our ingrained frames of minds.

Edit: geez I'm freaking smitten.

I guess if you're doing it in public, it can help ever so slightly.

Imagine if everyone in the world was radiating goodwill to each other. That would add up very quickly and lead to a better society.

Doing it privately/internally... well.

It's practice. Practice is practice :p

But I agree. And it's really something that you can do anytime, and we probably should. But on doing it privately I think most of us are carrying around bundles of self hatred that we're not even aware of, and metta tackles that sort of thing pretty directly in my experience. If you do it privately often you can go deeper with it, because your mind can settle down more in a quiet setting, which can enable your mind to go into a kind of positive feedback loop (jhana) where you have unbroken focus on the attitude you're 'practicing'.

It's practice. Practice is practice :p

But I agree. And it's really something that you can do anytime, and we probably should. But on doing it privately I think most of us are carrying around bundles of self hatred that we're not even aware of, and metta tackles that sort of thing pretty directly in my experience. If you do it privately often you can go deeper with it, because your mind can settle down more in a quiet setting, which can enable your mind to go into a kind of positive feedback loop where you have unbroken focus on the attitude you're 'practicing' (jhana)

Any books on meditation for beginners you recommend?

Any books on meditation for beginners you recommend?

One of my favorite books on meditation is written by Thanissaro Bhikku and it's actually a free pdf. He teaches mindfulness of breathing, which ironically I don't practice anymore, but I think that the way that he presents meditation in general is clearer than the other authors I've read, and also I think his particular method of mindfulness of breathing works the best of all of the ones that I've tried. Mindfulness of breathing is actually a really good practice, though it can be a bit dry, but it's something you take up to develop the ability to really 'see' everything that goes on in your experience so you don't just get caught up in the flow.

If you want to get into practicing metta, which I'd passionately recommend, Sharon Salzberg seems to be a very respected authority on that particular practice. I'd actually probably take that up first, for me it has been an extremely therapeutic practice and I think it's a lot more pleasant and less 'dry' than mindfulness of breathing, and it covers a broad range of skills (concentration, insight into your emotions, and cultivating positive emotions).

Sai-kun

Banned
Thank you, this kind of compliment appeals to me, lol.

I suppose the idea is that it reconditions you to have more goodwill and clarifies or strengthens your moral intentions by conditioning you against hatred. When you do any sort of 'conditioning' practice it becomes particularly strong in jhana, because your mind becomes entirely collected in a subject or object so whatever is being contemplated penetrates your psyche very deeply. Metta in particular also resolves almost any kind of social disharmony and makes relating to other people profoundly uncomplicated. On the more obvious level that's the sort of thing that I meant.

Meditation is generally a form of mental training, the idea is that it's a tool that you can use to change yourself from the inside out, but you use different tools (meditation objects) for different aims. For something like this, actively projecting a benevolent intent towards yourself and others is a very strong sort of mental training for extending more of that kind of attitude in your daily life, and like anything where you're improving yourself, the benefit doesn't just stop with you and may impact others as well.

I could seriously read you talking about meditation and spirituality all day. *__* My new years resolution was to meditate before and after my yoga practice every day.

I feel a little awkward practicing with my girlfriend staying with me, though. When it's just my roommates at home, I can close the door and do my practice, but having her staying in my room makes it a little complicated for me for some reason I can't quite ascertain.

One of my favorite books on meditation is written by Thanissaro Bhikku and it's actually a free pdf. He teaches mindfulness of breathing, which ironically I don't practice anymore, but I think that the way that he presents meditation in general is clearer than the other authors I've read, and also I think his particular method of mindfulness of breathing works the best of all of the ones that I've tried. Mindfulness of breathing is actually a really good practice, though it can be a bit dry, but it's something you take up to develop the ability to really 'see' everything that goes on in your experience so you don't just get caught up in the flow.

If you want to get into practicing metta, which I'd passionately recommend, Sharon Salzberg seems to be a very respected authority on that particular practice. I'd actually probably take that up first, for me it has been an extremely therapeutic practice and I think it's a lot more pleasant and less 'dry' than mindfulness of breathing, and it covers a broad range of skills (concentration, insight into your emotions, and cultivating positive emotions).

Are either of these beginner friendly ?

I could seriously read you talking about meditation and spirituality all day. *__* My new years resolution was to meditate before and after my yoga practice every day.

I feel a little awkward practicing with my girlfriend staying with me, though. When it's just my roommates at home, I can close the door and do my practice, but having her staying in my room makes it a little complicated for me for some reason I can't quite ascertain.

:3

I think I can understand why that might feel strange. I think our living spaces can accumulate a lot of mental associations from our routines and all of that sort of stuff. If you happen to keep an odd schedule (like up late or early when most are in bed), or have the house to yourself at particular times, you can try using that time when it's quiet and just do it some place where it's easier to clear your head (like the livingroom or something). Another idea might be to find a meditation group in the city that you can attend, meditating with other people can sometimes give you extra positive reinforcement, and if you meet routinely it might make it harder to skip out.

Are either of these beginner friendly ?

I think so. If you're looking for maybe a quicker read, Mindfulness in Plain English by Gunaratana is the first meditation manual I read and it is a very good one, it is intended to be a no-nonsense meditation guide for beginners, but I think that anything I mentioned would work well as an introduction.

remember the great words of warning for 2015

I met him on my way to Chicago
Where he was all alone
And so was I
So I asked him for his name

He smiled and looked at me
I was surprised to see
That a man like that
Was really into me

He said he didn't have no man
Raised his kids the very best he can
(He was loving me)
He told me he was all alone
Said at home he didn't have no phone
(He was wanting me)
He said just to give him a page
59 was the code he gave
(He was loving me)
He lie to you, lie to me
But he was loving me, loving me
Yeah

I never would've thought he was living like that
His words seemed so sincere
When I held him near
He would tell me how he feels

If felt so real to me
This guy, he had to be
An angel sent from heaven just for me

He said he didn't have no man
Raised his kids the very best he can
(He was loving me)
He told me he was all alone
Said at home he didn't have no phone
(He was loving me)
He said just to give him a page
59 was the code he gave
(He was loving me)
He lied to you, lied to me
But he was loving me, loving me
Yeah

He tried to live a double life
Loving me while he was still your wife
(He was wanting me)
He thought that loving me was cool
With you at work and the kids at school
(He was loving me)
He said that it would never end
Tried to keep me any way he can
(He was wanting me)
He lied to you, lied to me
Because he had a family, family
Yeah

obviously the song came on and i just decided to post

Kevyt

16117806822_cd071fc7e1_z.jpg

And here's a New Year's Day selfie:
16161636061_dda7edb755.jpg

You look a bit like a guy from a film i saw recently. I forgot his real actor name. So you're joining RPJ, yay!!

Captcha

Aww, I read the past couple pages. Happy for you Spacebridge. You two are cute. Life needs more beards.

Also, how y'all getting selfies to come out so clear? Maybe my phone sucks(I have a Galaxy s5 so it ain't even that old) but mine always look kind of blurry. Everybody is cute on that note.

Been drinking a lot during this year end and ended up going out again with one of the (straight) friends I dragged to the (gay) club yesterday. Probably not gonna bring his ass anymore because he gets hit on more than I do hahah. My poor self esteem. It's cute how oblivious he is to it though.

Aww, I read the past couple pages. Happy for you Spacebridge. You two are cute. Life needs more beards.

Also, how y'all getting selfies to come out so clear? Maybe my phone sucks(I have a Galaxy s5 so it ain't even that old) but mine always look kind of blurry. Everybody is cute on that note.

Been drinking a lot during this year end and ended up going out again with one of the (straight) friends I dragged to the (gay) club yesterday. Probably not gonna bring his ass anymore because he gets hit on more than I do hahah. My poor self esteem. It's cute how oblivious he is to it though.

Funny you say that, my friend has an S5 and she said she has the same problem. (She's been a longtime iPhone user though so maybe she's just not used to it. :/ )

I use a Note3 and it's more or less OK most of the time. Still, you can probably find some sort of an app if the phone itself isn't stabilizing the image enough.

7threst

That's what I wanna too!! I have an S5 but even when I use filters and stuff my photos look so messy :(

Ty4on

That's what I wanna too!! I have an S5 but even when I use filters and stuff my photos look so messy :(

Light light light. If you don't have many lights inside take the pictures outside and use the rear camera if they're still too blurry. The shade is still quite bright and you get very soft light, inside use multiple lights so you don't get nasty shadows. You can also get further away from the camera if you use the rear camera which like soft light helps make your face look more natural.

I live in perpetual darkness which is my excuse :p

terrisus

I suppose it could, given that the Q can have multiple meanings, but the way I see it, straight people don't exactly deserve a space in our cozy little acronym just for accepting us, especially over our asexual brothers and sisters. Maybe it's a little combative, and possibly not worded as well as I'd like, but that's how I view it.

Edit: oops bottom of the page :(

It's just that I got told that it means both, and I actually agree with your views on that. I wouldn't say Allies fit really, since it's more about including people that are getting actively attacked over their sexuality, gender orientation etc.

That doesn't mean that Allies are excluded from the discussion here, of course.

Yeah than Terrisus would have to leave and half of gaygaf would stop lusting after him.

Exactly, I don't think they fit either. I was told the A stood for Ally as well, but I no longer believe they have a place in it.

And obviously non-QueerGAF is welcome here, but I would have a problem with people coming in to take over the conversation.

Eh, I disagree. Straight people get enough love and inclusiveness everywhere else. Let them find a community and leave us queers to form our own. The only people we need to be inclusive of are other queer people.

Edit: and for what it's worth, I think terrisus might be the most active poster who falls in the asexual category. He's welcome here. You don't like seeing him? Ignore button is super easy to use.

Hey all. Saw some discussion from last night that kind of involved me a bit. I know that no one was saying I couldn't be here (in fact, the opposite), but, I don't know, I feel kind of out-of-place.

The thing is, as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't say that I'm completely asexual or anything. I am attracted to people, have romantic feelings toward them, and like being loving and affectionate and such. It's just the actual act of sex which isn't really that interesting to me, and which has developed some discouraging and/or negative aspects to it for me. Even then, it's not that I would necessarily say that I "dislike" it, just that I have issues, and that I have an extremely low sex drive regardless. After all, there probably aren't too many married people who have gone for over a year without having sex (and, frankly, it would be even less often if I had my way).

But, I don't know, I just don't really feel like I fit in. I mean, everyone here for the most part is interested in sex and going after it and such, it's more a matter of the orientation. Whereas for me I'm just kind of sitting here not going after it, and basically just wrapped up in a bunch of personal problems. And if anything resolved from it, it would just be me being "straight" anyway, and then what would I even be doing here.

I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of used to feeling like I don't really fit in anywhere. Which is part of why I mostly just post in random topics about stuff - since they're just around for a bit and then go away, and nothing stays around for too long. In reality, I'm probably not that great of a fit here anyway. I don't know.

Blah.

EDIT: I apologize if any of that came out wrong or was rude or sounds ungrateful or anything, that's not my intent at all.

Cuddler

Hey all. Saw some discussion from last night that kind of involved me a bit. I know that no one was saying I couldn't be here (in fact, the opposite), but, I don't know, I feel kind of out-of-place.

The thing is, as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't say that I'm completely asexual or anything. I am attracted to people, have romantic feelings toward them, and like being loving and affectionate and such. It's just the actual act of sex which isn't really that interesting to me, and which has developed some discouraging and/or negative aspects to it for me. Even then, it's not that I would necessarily say that I "dislike" it, just that I have issues, and that I have an extremely low sex drive regardless. After all, there probably aren't too many married people who have gone for over a year without having sex (and, frankly, it would be even less often if I had my way).

But, I don't know, I just don't really feel like I fit in. I mean, everyone here for the most part is interested in sex and going after it and such, it's more a matter of the orientation. Whereas for me I'm just kind of sitting here not going after it, and basically just wrapped up in a bunch of personal problems. And if anything resolved from it, it would just be me being "straight" anyway, and then what would I even be doing here.

I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of used to feeling like I don't really fit in anywhere. Which is part of why I mostly just post in random topics about stuff - since they're just around for a bit and then go away, and nothing stays around for too long. In reality, I'm probably not that great of a fit here anyway. I don't know.

Blah.

EDIT: I apologize if any of that came out wrong or was rude or sounds ungrateful or anything, that's not my intent at all.

I think you are overthinking about this terrisus, I can only speak for myself but even if you are not completely asexual it's really not a problem and you can post here without thinking too much about it if you want, actually, you kinda balance this thread since 99% of the people posting here are super thirsty, lol. ;)

Are you trying to make the thread implode because it's heading that way...

Seriously though great
thirst inducing
pictures.

I actually feel like you look really different in those two photos.. i know you're making a funny face in the first one, but at first, I thought it was two different guys for some reason, lol.

---

Everyone else posted great pics too of course!

terrisus

I think you are overthinking about this terrisus, I can only speak for myself but even if you are not completely asexual it's really not a problem and you can post here without thinking too much about it if you want, actually, you kinda balance this thread since 99% of the people posting here are super thirsty, lol. ;)

Honestly, in a way I am kind of "super thirsty" myself.
Just, not for sex.
>.>

Funny that your username is "cuddler," since, that's probably what I'm most thirsty for - cuddling >.>

Captcha

Light light light. If you don't have many lights inside take the pictures outside and use the rear camera if they're still too blurry. The shade is still quite bright and you get very soft light, inside use multiple lights so you don't get nasty shadows. You can also get further away from the camera if you use the rear camera which like soft light helps make your face look more natural.

I live in perpetual darkness which is my excuse :p

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out later.

Blah.

Don't over-think this. Pretty sure people can post wherever they want. Tangentially related, but I don't know how many times I've almost posted in that LEGO thread mistaking it for this one.

Can I copypasta from Real Pic January? Dicking around with my paintbrushes. Cause, uh, fuck if I know.

Did you paint that stuff on the wall there? I always wished I was more artistically inclined, but I'm only good at like...math. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cuddler

Honestly, in a way I am kind of "super thirsty" myself.
Just, not for sex.
>.>

Funny that your username is "cuddler," since, that's probably what I'm most thirsty for - cuddling >.>

lol, nothing wrong with that, I also really like cuddles as obviously understandable by my username, everyone is different and want different things. Even in the gay community there are people that are also super thirsty for cuddles/affection and less thirsty for sex. You are talking to someone that said to his first love that he wanted to be hugged to him forever, lol.

Kevyt

Blah.

You're welcomed here, you don't have to identify as anything, nobody has to, and they are welcomed here. :) Everybody is welcomed regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

I guess being interested in sex, as you said, is part of being human beings. We as human beings are sexual creatures just like heterosexuals. We have impulses and urges just like 99% of humans, and sometimes we can be explicit about it. However, some of us are more interested in romanticism, some of us are helpless romantics, cuddlers, etc... we're not just thirsty goons lusting after everyone, lol. Also, some of us like to joke and be humorous about it. We're not really serious most of the time, some of the time. lol.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out later.

Don't over-think this. Pretty sure people can post wherever they want. Tangentially related, but I don't know how many times I've almost posted in that LEGO thread mistaking it for this one.

Did you paint that stuff on the wall there? I always wished I was more artistically inclined, but I'm only good at like...math. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Posting in the Lego thread mistaking for this one? Hilarity would ensue.

lol, nothing wrong with that, I also really like cuddles as obviously understandable by my username, everyone is different and want different things. Even in the gay community there are people that are also super thirsty for cuddles/affection and less thirsty for sex. You are talking to someone that said to his first love that he wanted to be hugged to him forever, lol.

#teamcuddles tbh and hello everyone hope everyone is doing well. I see the thirst continues to overflow.

Ty4on

If you get a broken image link just open it in a new page (right click, hold click...). I had to refresh the address, but then it came up. Many sites block direct links to images.

Edit: I'm such a bad person and can't stop laughing at that last gif...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom