• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Well, that's your issue if you're insecure with your age. A lot of gays are, but I'm not about that. I don't lie about my age and I don't let it hold me down.

It doesn't hold me back either but it's just weird. Been 20s a third of my life then BAM, I am 30 years old. Felt the same when I hit 20, but forgot about it when i was 21. Don't think I care back then when i hit 10 tho XD.

top of page so here's another pic of eli lieb

Eli-Lieb.jpg

Bladenic

My answer to this is always the same:

(Tom Daley)

I also like (not necessarily the most attractive guys that I like, just those to immediately come to mind):

(Nick Jonas)

(Jack Laugher)

(Marc Fitt)

(Chace Crawford)

EDIt: Logan Lerman below is also fantastic.

Who is this Marc Fitt, he looks totally rape me able, need to google. Tom and especially Nick are super hot too

Rayis

What do you gays think of BDSM

I like light bdsm, like tying up people and shit, not some much into the torture aspect of it like whipping and pain.
Though I'd be lying if I didn't find the idea of being a dominatrix highly appealing, treating someone like crap and them getting off on that sounds like a lot of fun.

Yes on the BD, less so on the SM. I'm maybe a bit of a sadist but it's not really a kink for me. I usually think that getting to that point sex becomes a weird mind game and I'm more into visceral/hedonic fucking than involved power play or whatever, it seems kind of weird and overly cerebral to me.

DOWN

Banned
People may misuse them without your consent
like catfishing people
That would be super flattering

But don't do that. But that also seems really insignificant to me as the uploader. I don't see any serious manipulation I should be worried about when posting tame pics.

Kevyt

*googles*

Okay, I'll take him.

Of course you would. :p

I generally like guys taller than me but I could make an exception. But who am I kidding... beggars can't be choosers.

I'm in my 30s. No it's not. This is not a bad thing. When did old become a four letter word or insult?

You're into pigmen Gato?

He's alright.

I never said being old is bad. I just think being in your 30s is not old. Even men and women in their 40s are still young*

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Example: You post a pic of yourself on the internet. Someone who doesn't like you for whatever reason, or just a random sociopath, picks it up and opens a webpage pretending to be you spouting off hateful shit to troll you. This then makes its way back to people you know and you have to go to some trouble to explain to people that no, this is not you and you don't know this guy's problem. What if it goes to your boss? Do you think they'd be as understanding? What if they use it to sign emails loaded with criminal pictures? The law is notorious for dragging its ass on stuff like this so you won't have any quick, legal recourse to take of this problem.

Now, I'll admit, this is a very paranoid way of thought, and it won't happen to the majority of internet users posting their selfies on the internet. But this extreme hypothetical is supposed to illustrate the total loss of control of anything you leave on the internet. The moment someone can tie it to you through your face or a name, you're leaving yourself open for disaster with hardly any defense available to you. Nary a month goes by without a story about some poor sod who left a digital paper trail on the internet and it came back to bite them.

I'm not particularly proud of it, but I've used Facebook to do some checking up on people/old contacts without explicitly letting them know that I'm looking them up. Having a Facebook account also lets me see numerous other Facebook profiles and glean information from them as well. If I truly wanted to wreck havoc, it would be very easy for me to do so.

But I don't, because I'm not a sociopath and I'm lazy. So think about it this way, the safety of your information on the web depends almost exclusively on others not being lazy and not being assholes.

I think that's a very tenuous security and not one I want to rely on.

DOWN

Banned
Example: You post a pic of yourself on the internet. Someone who doesn't like you for whatever reason, or just a random sociopath, picks it up and opens a webpage pretending to be you spouting off hateful shit to troll you. This then makes its way back to people you know and you have to go to some trouble to explain to people that no, this is not you and you don't know this guy's problem. What if it goes to your boss? Do you think they'd be as understanding? What if they use it to sign emails loaded with criminal pictures? The law is notorious for dragging its ass on stuff like this so you won't have any quick, legal recourse to take of this problem.

Now, I'll admit, this is a very paranoid way of thought, and it won't happen to the majority of internet users posting their selfies on the internet. But this extreme hypothetical is supposed to illustrate the total loss of control of anything you leave on the internet. The moment someone can tie it to you through your face or a name, you're leaving yourself open for disaster with hardly any defense available to you. Nary a month goes by without a story about some poor sod who left a digital paper trail on the internet and it came back to bite them.

I'm not particularly proud of it, but I've used Facebook to do some checking up on people/old contacts without explicitly letting them know that I'm looking them up. Having a Facebook account also lets me see numerous other Facebook profiles and glean information from them as well. If I truly wanted to wreck havoc, it would be very easy for me to do so.

But I don't, because I'm not a sociopath and I'm lazy. So think about it this way, the safety of your information on the web depends almost exclusively on others not being lazy and not being assholes.

I think that's a very tenuous security and not one I want to rely on.
giphy.gif

This sounds so paranoid and I've never heard of anyone having that much trouble over their non-explicit pics getting used. This sounds no more rational than paying only in cash forever to me.

I don't even know what kind of havoc you are talking about. Maybe I need a real example of someone's non-explicit photos being misused, because your post sounds like slippery slope fear of the unknown and so on to me.

On top of that, any significant misuse is only as likely as getting in a train accident or something. That's not a rational reason to avoid technology like the Internet or credit cards for personal use.

giphy.gif

This sounds so paranoid and I've never heard of anyone having that much trouble over their non-explicit pics getting used. This sounds no more rational than paying only in cash forever to me.

I don't even know what kind of havoc you are talking about. Maybe I need a real example of someone's non-explicit photos being misused, because your post sounds like slippery slope fear of the unknown and so on to me.

On top of that, any significant misuse is only as likely as getting in a train accident or something. That's not a rational reason to avoid technology like the Internet or credit cards for personal use.

Eh, I've seen it. I used to post on a forum called Totse which was kind of like an early 4chan in a way, but with like user names/accounts and stuff. Some of the internet detective stuff they'd get into just to troll people would get pretty absurd. I remember some dude here on GAF also keeping like an excel document collecting personal information about posters that they had submitted.

I think your interpretation that it's paranoid is correct if this kind of reasoning is keeping you from doing something you want to do. Like obviously you want to do it, so for you adopting this reasoning contrary to your preferences would be paranoid. For people that don't really have a strong opinion or can do without it, using this sort of stuff as reasoning isn't paranoid because you really don't need a strong reason, any small thing can tip the needle.

daripad

Of course you would. :p

I generally like guys taller than me but I could make an exception. But who am I kidding... beggars can't be choosers

Good thing that I love guys shorter than me
bad thing that I'm not tall lol

About BDSM, I'm more a romantic guy, I don't think I would like doing anything like that. I'd prefer hours of hugging and kissing softly 😍

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2010/09/10/men-use-networking-site-burglary-ring/
http://www.newsweek.com/internet-and-golden-age-bully-271800
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/technology/death-of-british-troll/1412178.html

Things like the train, internet, and credit cards are parts of a modern country's infrastructure. The rewards of these technologies, on a societal level, far outweigh their inherent risks to the indiivdual.

Selfies and Facebook? Nah.

Let me clear up one thing, I have no issue with people who like using Facebook or posting selfies or posting private information on the tweeterz or tumblrz or whatever. All I'm saying is, the paranoia from the "other side" is not unfounded. Ultimately, it is a person's right to introduce risk to whatever parts of their life they wish. This is simply one area where I feel I don't lose anything at all by playing it safe.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Just pulled these out of my smoker.

RRdBF6C.jpg

Smoking meat (lol) is seriously the best way to cook it. Now to shove it into my mouth.

He looks really good but he's really short.

NoT only does that makes him better, he's fun-sized, not short.
It also helps he's taller than me by just a bit, so I may have a bit of a bias here

Who is this Marc Fitt, he looks totally rape me able, need to google. Tom and especially Nick are super hot too

He's a fitness model of some sort I believe but I don't really know much more than that. He only came to my attention when a friend followed his fitness account on Facebook (at which point I developed a fierce fascination in extreme fitness and followed him too)

I've not tried it as I'd rather do it with somebody I'd been seeing for quite awhile before trying it out (both in terms of feeling comfortable with doing more 'extreme' things and in having the trust that boundaries would be respected) but it interests me. I do think it could end up being something that sounds good to me in theory but in reality could just end up making me laugh (particularly if i involved any form of roleplaying).

EDIy: Oh my god that meal looks amazing!

Meicyn

Gold Member
Awww.. I miss smoked meat! (*Beavis laugh*)

When we moved from house to apartment, we got rid of our smoker.

*cries*
Nooooooooo. Dude, I know you can't have them close to the apartment, but usually you can still grill/whatever if it's at a far enough distance. Is it feasible where you're at? I'm sure you've already thought about it, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

HylianTom

Banned
Nooooooooo. Dude, I know you can't have them close to the apartment, but usually you can still grill/whatever if it's at a far enough distance. Is it feasible where you're at? I'm sure you've already thought about it, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

We're just going to tough it out until the house. I've promised Greg whatever smoker he wants when the time comes, and in the meantime we go to a pretty good hole-in-the-wall restaurant ("The Joint" - the inside looks like someone's living room, and the outside is like eating on someone's back porch)(*Butthead laugh*) when the cravings come.

(I should've phrased that better. "The cravings?" Sounds like an addiction. Or a zombie flick. =P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom