• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Nothing wrong with that.

I myself could never do casual sex. I'm looking for a boyfriend, not a fuck buddy.
If you want to do one-night stands though it's the worst mistake you could make.

Anyway, I'd prefer a bf too, yeah. But that's way harder to find.

Captcha

Oh goodness, you guys at 18-22 aren't behind at all lol. Completely anecdotal, and I'd be willing to be most of the people posting here could back me up, but being closeted during high school is the norm. Can you think of people who were out at yours? I can think of one and I came out my last semester of high school bringing it to 2. It's far more likely for gay people to start having sex and dating during your early-mid 20s. That's why LGBT clubs at colleges are like sex dens (or mine was anyway). All these horny repressed teenagers in close proximity. Give it time, but you also need to try if it's important to you.

There aren't really any tips to give except trying to be comfortable in your own skin. I know that is hard at times. Also, you need to try and be around gay/bi people. Don't fall into that straight boy crush trap which is completely awful.

GothPunk

I haven't posted here in a loooong time, how are ya'll?

I cant be the only one here that would date an 18 year old? Also aint no problem with that :p
When I was 18 I hooked up with a 31 year old, and I didn't see a problem. Although now that's I'm 28, I would want someone a bit more 'mature', had themselves a bit more figured out etc.

garyBig

Haha it's ok! You weren't so terrible after all. If I had to guess yours I'd say 21 and not a month more. Am I more terrible at guessing age than you?

I'm turning 21 in march. So, you're pretty good at it I'd say.

I myself could never do casual sex. I'm looking for a boyfriend, not a fuck buddy.

Same.

And I think I'll never grasp the concept of FWB. Casual sex makes sense to me in a way because ok here are two guys who're mostly just in for the physical fun and are quite happy to let their feelings go for a while. But FWD sounds like a combination of affection, physical attraction AND intimacy. I wouldn't define the term 'relationship' any way else, so yeah... I don't really get it. Best I can imagine is only one of both getting hurt at some point. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

I cant be the only one here that would date an 18 year old? Also aint no problem with that :p

18 - 21 is what I'm most attracted to as well I think. Will probably (hopefully) change as life goes on but right now, gimme dat! (On the other hand, there's something about being 18 that actually sounds a bit too young to me. Like still going to school and stuff feels pretty removed from my own age/lifestyle bracket. No qualms about 19 tho so I'm a total hypocrite lol)

Well im not mid 30s yet. But ah well to each there own.

Yeah your tastes might change as you get older. Mine did. It's all an age thing and what you deem acceptable to date as you get older

And I think I'll never grasp the concept of FWB. Casual sex makes sense to me in a way because ok here are two guys who're mostly just in for the physical fun and are quite happy to let their feelings go for a while. But FWD sounds like a combination of affection, physical attraction AND intimacy. I wouldn't define the term 'relationship' any way else, so yeah... I don't really get it. Best I can imagine is only one of both getting hurt at some point. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

I can't do it because I compartmentalize people I know. Friends are friends to me and I just can't think of them in a sexual way (helps that all of my rl friends were no where near my type).

Captcha

I was and will forever be the opposite. I like them way, way older. I'm going to be 28 soon, and the most I'm willing to go down is to about 25. I will do +20 years (if they're still hot) EASILY.

Delio

When I was 18 I hooked up with a 31 year old, and I didn't see a problem. Although now that's I'm 28, I would want someone a bit more 'mature', had themselves a bit more figured out etc.

I understand that. I cant explain my attraction there. I do like my more mature guys tho.

Both of my recent bf's were born in 1995, I was born in 1992, I met one when he was 17 and i was 20 and the last one was last year. I like nice faces, what can I do.

I'm kinda bad there. I like a cute face .

18 - 21 is what I'm most attracted to as well I think. Will probably (hopefully) change as life goes on but right now, gimme dat! (On the other hand, there's something about being 18 that actually sounds a bit too young to me. Like still going to school and stuff feels pretty removed from my own age/lifestyle bracket. No qualms about 19 tho so I'm a total hypocrite lol)

It has not changed much for me as I got older. Well other than liking muscular young guys instead of just twinks.

Ahasverus

That's when things get messy. You must be sure you don't like your friend as your partner. It worked for me in the past (it wasn't a constant thing or anything, ocasisonal at most) because 1- I was single 2- I don't think that friendship+Sex=Relationship. Being in a relationship to me is about that deep connection and life caring you have in someone and no one else. The person has to fulfill your sentimental needs. A friend who you have sex with might not be your perfect suit, but it's fun so why not. That's my take.

daripad

Yup. Whenever I see someone I like, I panic. I don't know what fo say and I rather not say anything for fear I might blow it up. I feel like dating in your teenage years is crucial as it allows you to hone your "dating skills." Yet, that's not the case for some of us.

Actually I'm too obsessed with my crush at the moment that I don't feel like dating. It's hard getting over crushes. I:

I am the same, I've been in the shadows for too long and it is hard for me to meet guys that are into guys and then I get my ocassional crush just to make everything more complicated for me :S

Flirt :D Flirt and flirt and flirt, but not doing it in a serious fashion but in a joking one, make dirty jokes at each other, tease with your hands, things like that, and be a good friend of course. We are curious by nature, if you have a great friend who is funny and you trust and appreciate, and somehow you've had some jokey thoughts about sex with him, given the chance you wouldn't bat an eye just for trying. At the end, things will remain the same. That's how I roll though and I'm not super succesful, I know people with lots of FWB haha.

Flirt? Sounds dirty
and fun
. I should really do that, once I have more gay friends.

Delio

Yeah your tastes might change as you get older. Mine did. It's all an age thing and what you deem acceptable to date as you get older

True it might change but I kind of doubt it will just completely from what I like now. Also i'll have to deal with people who will judge me for dating younger guys as well.

DOWN

Banned
Where do gays even hang out? I only knew one of them ever and I just cut him out of the picture, if y'all
remember

Ahasverus

Where do gays even hang out? I only knew one of them ever and I just cut him out of the picture, if y'all
remember
Your situatio is the worst. To expand your chances of finding gat men you must develop a gaydar, and you can only do so hanging around with gay men. ProTip: Look for standing stares though, few straights do it constantly without feeling intimidated.

True it might change but I kind of doubt it will just completely from what I like now. Also i'll have to deal with people who will judge me for dating younger guys as well.

True. I think it's easier when your early/mid 20's as the age difference isn't so large and you have more in common.

Captcha

remember

In college I joined my school's LGBT alliance club thingy. One of the guys I met there turned me on to a gay lacrosse league (that was a goldmine of hot dudes). After that, mostly bars. It might suck if you're not into drinking and/or dancing. Could try googling something you're interested in and seeing if there's a gay variant of it? I know of many sports leagues in Vegas, for instance (where I'm from).

DOWN

Banned
Coincidentally, there's an ad for Gay Nightlife on the NeoGAF banners for me right now. Google has figured me out (they always have my age wrong though, often at 30+ in the age brackets).

garyBig

That's when things get messy. You must be sure you don't like your friend as your partner. It worked for me in the past (it wasn't a constant thing or anything, ocasisonal at most) because 1- I was single 2- I don't think that friendship+Sex=Relationship. Being in a relationship to me is about that deep connection and life caring you have in someone and no one else. The person has to fulfill your sentimental needs. A friend who you have sex with might not be your perfect suit, but it's fun so why not. That's my take.

Deep connection sounds like love to me. But what about being in love? Does FWD mean you're also not ever in love with that guy and if so, wouldn't it feel a bit empty knowing that you could also now be with someone who gives you dem butterflies when he smiles? Or is it not as mutually exclusive as that? Because if it ain't and you are a bit in love with your friend, that would be terrible again in context of the wole concept, no?

I think I'm just pretty easily smitten I guess. But if the FWD thing is something you would really only do with someone who you don't feel anything about, why not go for adventurous casual sex with enticing strangers and instead settle for something so hollow and boring sounding by fucking someone you're not even interested in? So many questions...
I feel so naive man. Guess I'm just so deprived of personal affection after a lifetime without a gay life and that makes me like super-clingy. At least I'm not the only one around here who feels that way

Captcha

Deep connection sounds like love to me. But what about being in love? Does FWD mean you're also not ever in love with that guy and if so, wouldn't it feel a bit empty knowing that you could also now be with someone who gives you dem butterflies when he smiles? Or is it not as mutually exclusive as that? Because if it ain't and you are a bit in love with your friend, that would be terrible again in context of the wole concept, no?

I think I'm just pretty easily smitten I guess. But if the FWD thing is something you would really only do with someone who you don't feel anything about, why not go for adventurous casual sex with enticing strangers and instead settle for something so hollow and boring sounding by fucking someone you're not even interested in? So many questions...
I feel so naive man. Guess I'm just so deprived of personal affection after a lifetime without a gay life and that makes me like super-clingy. At least I'm not the only one around here who feels that way

The answer to ALL of this is ease of access. You want casual encounters you STILL gotta put on pants (who has time for that?) and go out and look for it. FWB is like, "yo, dick sounds good right about now HMU" and done. IF you're a person who can't compartmentalize sex and friendship you should definitely avoid doing FWB. There's nothing wrong with only wanting to have sex with someone you have a deeper connection with.

Ahasverus

Don't worry! It depends on the person. I've had lots of discussions with my partners about what love/being a couple/friendsip+sex mean. Some people don't feel comfortable sharing sexual activity to someone not their couple, some people LOVE their partners but still have the urge to have outside sex (I hate that type, and I might argue that's not real love but hey mean it, in their own way). Some might have a real comited relationship, and when they're single, might be more open about sex (like me).

Mind you, FWB is not the same as fuck buddy, fuckbuddy is someone you only have for having sex, a fwb is a real friend and both feel it's ok to have some sexual encounter sometimes, or once, because while there isa real friendship there is some sexual tension too. Another reason for having a fwb and not going out and have promiscous sex is that the sex could be amazing, like you really get along sexually. There's a lot to talk about the subject I think !

garyBig

The answer to ALL of this is ease of access. You want casual encounters you STILL gotta put on pants (who has time for that?) and go out and look for it. FWB is like, "yo, dick sounds good right about now HMU" and done. IF you're a person who can't compartmentalize sex and friendship you should definitely avoid doing FWB. There's nothing wrong with only wanting to have sex with someone you have a deeper connection with.

Wow, that's actually a pretty succinct good answer. So, the main problem I have with this then is actually that you do need gay friends first. And I wouldn't consider a bunch of gay friends to be easy access. But if you already have them, I could totally see it. In my current situation where I only really deal with gay people if I take an interest in them (romantically/sexually), I didn't even think of that sitch. But, yeah like if I were one of the LOOKING friends hanging out in Frisco, brainlessly jerking each other off or smth once in a while sounds like an idea that would definitely come to mind, silly as it might be.

Don't worry! It depends on the person. I've had lots of discussions with my partners about what love/being a couple/friendsip+sex mean. Some people don't feel comfortable sharing sexual activity to someone not their couple, some people LOVE their partners but still have the urge to have outside sex (I hate that type, and I might argue that's not real love but hey mean it, in their own way). Some might have a real comited relationship, and when they're single, might be more open about sex (like me).

Mind you, FWB is not the same as fuck buddy, fuckbuddy is someone you only have for having sex, a fwb is a real friend and both feel it's ok to have some sexual encounter sometimes, or once, because while there isa real friendship there is some sexual tension too. Another reason for having a fwb and not going out and have promiscous sex is that the sex could be amazing, like you really get along sexually. There's a lot to talk about the subject I think !

What the hell are fuckbuddies then? If it's basically a casual sex subscription, this sounds enormously dangerous with regards to having or developing feelings towards them, since you probably started to fuck because of mutual interest in each other and kept doing it because the interest never faded.
Well, sounds dangerous to someone like me anyway. I'm really not in any condition to handle stuff like that yet, like not at all

Only, here I am, having pseudo-feelings with someone I've never met just by fucking texting alone. You can text with a friend as well. But this tells me there are so many shades of being in love that I don't see any option where every single shade could never arise to become a problem. Also, I think it's ludicrous to speak of 'problems' at all when it comes to feelings. Damn I mean what has become of human love life? Again, I understand casual sex where you're probably often drunk enough to not even remember the face afterwards but when did all this become so damn complicated anyways? And where's the merit?

terrisus

Man, bunch'a kids up in here.
At least I know there's kitchenmotors and a couple of other people in here who are older (or whatever term they'd prefer to use :þ)

But, yeah, at 17, 20, 23, those sorts of ages, don't feel like you've "missed out," that stuff has "passed you by," or anything like that.
I would love to have those years to do over again =(

On the other hand, I've been with my wife since I was 19, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, bunch'a kids up in here.
At least I know there's kitchenmotors and a couple of other people in here who are older (or whatever term they'd prefer to use :þ)

But, yeah, at 17, 20, 23, those sorts of ages, don't feel like you've "missed out," that stuff has "passed you by," or anything like that.
I would love to have those years to do over again =(

On the other hand, I've been with my wife since I was 19, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're never too old to take advantage of a poor situation and improve, just remember that.

And, yeah, I may be in my early 30's but I'm still young at heart and get along with all sorts of people.

I got an idea for a thread related to yesterday's unfortunate mishap and the current battle bikini thread, but with a more positive slant and from an LGBT perspective, but everyone is welcome. Gonna PM a mod first to make sure it's cool though.

I want some positive discussion goin' on. Everything is so contentious lately. O_O

GothPunk

I understand that. I cant explain my attraction there. I do like my more mature guys tho.

I'm kinda bad there. I like a cute face.
I think that I've got a good understanding of what you like, and I think that's the key part. Men don't really retain that 'cuteness' as they get older, they get more handsome and rugged etc. So if you like guys who have cute features, aren't so hairy (in general!) then younger guys are going to be where it's at for you.

Preferences, how do they work?

mantidor

That's really too bad, sorry to hear it. Do you think reconciliation is possible at all? If you still care about him as a friend, it wouldn't be too surprising why you'd want to talk to him again, even if he hurt you.

I hope you feel better, man.

Thanks, it's been a rough day, I do care about him a lot, I'm willing to admit my mistakes, I hope he does as well.

I think that I've got a good understanding of what you like, and I think that's the key part. Men don't really retain that 'cuteness' as they get older, they get more handsome and rugged etc. So if you like guys who have cute features, aren't so hairy (in general!) then younger guys are going to be where it's at for you.

That's generally how I am also.
What can I say? I love a cute face.

Delio

Preferences are fun indeed. Not to say older guys cant have a cute face. Lots of examples in this thread :)

Kevyt

Oh goodness, you guys at 18-22 aren't behind at all lol. Completely anecdotal, and I'd be willing to be most of the people posting here could back me up, but being closeted during high school is the norm. Can you think of people who were out at yours? I can think of one and I came out my last semester of high school bringing it to 2. It's far more likely for gay people to start having sex and dating during your early-mid 20s. That's why LGBT clubs at colleges are like sex dens (or mine was anyway). All these horny repressed teenagers in close proximity. Give it time, but you also need to try if it's important to you.

There aren't really any tips to give except trying to be comfortable in your own skin. I know that is hard at times. Also, you need to try and be around gay/bi people. Don't fall into that straight boy crush trap which is completely awful.

True. Your words are comforting as always captain chacha. Still, I feel awfully unprepared and with very little confidence. It also doesn't help that I've had this crush for a very long time now and I'm more obsessed than ever. It's very weird. The worst is that I see my crush constantly, and yeah it's terrible, lol.

I am the same, I've been in the shadows for too long and it is hard for me to meet guys that are into guys and then I get my ocassional crush just to make everything more complicated for me :S

Flirt? Sounds dirty
and fun
. I should really do that, once I have more gay friends.

Yup, the shadow realm lol. Well it's time to come out of the shadows. Let's do this together! Let's see who can get a bf first. A competition, shall we? :p

Kevyt

Preferences are fun indeed. Not to say older guys cant have a cute face. Lots of examples in this thread :)

Delio, I saw earlier that you're in your 30s? If so, wow... you look a lot younger, like you're in your 20s. Must be because of that beautiful smile of yours :3

terrisus

I'm freaking out that I'm going to be 23 while the guy in dating will be 21.

Getting so old.

23 = "Getting so old?"

uwot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom