• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

Argh, damn my fascination with Latin!

Is it too late to request a name change to something less distinct? Sephiroth117? SlyCooper13? xXNarutoFan420Xx?

You'd still be pretty unique with anything resembling "Slycooper" or "Narutofan" since no one has those names.

But there are 16 Sephiroths

I've been hesitant to go to gay bars. I'm not a fab of drinking and I'm not so sure if the persons there would want something serious. But who knows, guess illegal have to find out. I also think that I will have to fake my confidence.

Well, the worst that happens is you're rejected regardless of what their intentions are which certainly isn't too bad and something we all experience at some stage. It also can be beneficial in that it serves as a learning experience and can help you try something else that may prove more successful. Even if they don't want anything serious, by chatting with them even still you may develop some form of friendship with them, and this can aid you in knowing more LGBT individuals. Finally, if they are looking for something serious, you've obviously got an opportunity to be the one (and likewise of course on their part). you don't have to drink, by any means, but if you're heading to a bar and looking for a reason to stay around awhile even when not talking to somebody, try head there when they've some form of event on (be it a karaoke night, screening a football game, or simply getting something to eat and relaxing afterwards. It may help to consider that there is almost certainly going to be others in the same position as you there, particularly if your city is light on the amount of gay-interest groups and gay bars/nightclubs are the best place to meet others.

Ugh... college has been boring for me. There's no gay guys, at least there doesn't seem to be gay guys. There's a lot of girls though. There are no LGBT groups or related activities other than a gender studies class. That's about it. >.>

Dam those SAT scores that tied me down... -__-

Are you able to set one up? It'd be quite a lot of work, but if you're feeling this way I'm sure there are others in the same position (as I very much doubt you're 'the only gay in the village' so to speak), and setting up a society would look good on a CV too.

I
l
i
k
e
t
h
i
s
n
e
w
t
r
e
n
d
o
f
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
t
a
g
g
i
n
g
r
a
n
d
o
m
t
h
i
n
g
s

(
s
o
r
r
y
m
o
b
i
l
e
G
A
F
u
s
e
r
s
)

Kevyt

Well, the worst that happens is you're rejected regardless of what their intentions are which certainly isn't too bad and something we all experience at some stage. It also can be beneficial in that it serves as a learning experience and can help you try something else that may prove more successful. Even if they don't want anything serious, by chatting with them even still you may develop some form of friendship with them, and this can aid you in knowing more LGBT individuals. Finally, if they are looking for something serious, you've obviously got an opportunity to be the one (and likewise of course on their part). you don't have to drink, by any means, but if you're heading to a bar and looking for a reason to stay around awhile even when not talking to somebody, try head there when they've some form of event on (be it a karaoke night, screening a football game, or simply getting something to eat and relaxing afterwards. It may help to consider that there is almost certainly going to be others in the same position as you there, particularly if your city is light on the amount of gay-interest groups and gay bars/nightclubs are the best place to meet others.

This city has a really good nightlife scene. I just need to dive in and get out of my comfort zone. There definitely are other people like me.

Are you able to set one up? It'd be quite a lot of work, but if you're feeling this way I'm sure there are others in the same position (as I very much doubt you're 'the only gay in the village' so to speak), and setting up a society would look good on a CV too.

That would be a long process, but I agree it would look really good on a resume.

Under Armour Boxerjocks... get into them! Give UA your coin!
p0QHO.gif

i might try it out. i like to look at my bulge before i take a piss lol. and i'm starting to buy a variety of colors of stuff.

got purple, blue, green, and dark red undies.

GothPunk

Ugh... college has been boring for me. There's no gay guys, at least there doesn't seem to be gay guys. There's a lot of girls though. There are no LGBT groups or related activities other than a gender studies class. That's about it. >.>

Dam those SAT scores that tied me down... -__-
Statistically, there have to be some gay guys there. They're just in hiding! Being out can help you in this regard if you're not already, but that's not always an option for everyone. Do you live in a big city? If not, when you finish uni, try and get a job in or close to a big city so that you can have a wider pool and more social activities to join in on. But what do I know, I met my boyfriend on the internet! (GayGAF Skype chat to be precise. It's not just for gaming talk and dick pics folks!)

Kevyt

Statistically, there have to be some gay guys there. They're just in hiding! Being out can help you in this regard if you're not already, but that's not always an option for everyone. Do you live in a big city? If not, when you finish uni, try and get a job in or close to a big city so that you can have a wider pool and more social activities to join in on. But what do I know, I met my boyfriend on the internet! (GayGAF Skype chat to be precise. It's not just for gaming talk and dick pics folks!)

Is it a LDR?

start a tumblr wearing undies. put a donation/amazon wishlist.

That's actually a really good idea. That would be my plan when in dire need. Showing dem Love Handles :p

DOWN

Banned
I don't know their music well besides the mainstream hits, but I love One Direction's "Night Changes".

Night Changes

A rather sweet and maturely restrained song for the top 10 charts.

GothPunk

Is it a LDR?
It was at first, but we've been living together for three years now. Time flies when you're having fun! At first he visited me back home in Dublin, and then I visited him in the U.K.. Now we live in London.

I found LDR to be quite tough, but we made it work by visiting as regularly as we could, and then when we couldn't hack the distance anymore we said 'Fuck it' and moved in together.

Captcha

Lol, saw this on another forum I visit.

Go to http://vogue.co.uk
On your keyboard, press: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a (then keep spamming a)

Konami infiltrated Vogue, y'all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom