• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Guys, grow beard or no beard?

You look better with minimal/no facial hair. You have a nice jawline, so hair would just draw attention away from it.

That's an excellent rare combo

Probably part of why I'm still single (other than introversion, social ambivalence and a lack of charisma, but that's a story for another day).

My favorite kinds of men are ones with an abundance of both masculine and feminine features, which is of course hard to come by when our society and socialization patterns emphasize conforming to either end of the gender spectrum as opposed to freely mixing the two.

Hmmm, my taste is always the outlier here. XD

I'm just a special snowflake I guess.

Same. :[

I do, but I'm not sure if it's the bad boy thing in particular. I like people that are more worldly and have more action oriented or 'doer' personalities, because I am not those things, so it makes me feel safe if someone naturally thrives on that stuff.

There is a lot to like from those kinds of people. That said I tend to shy away from them because most of the people I've met like that also tend to be aggressive.

There is a lot to like from those kinds of people. That said I tend to shy away from them because most of the people I've met like that also tend to be aggressive.

Disarming tyrants is a part of my skillset. In terms of power dynamics I sort of see myself as a diplomat or counselor to a king, they just have to deal with the $ and the day to day while I give vague prognosticatory advice and teach a bit of tact.

For me I think this preference is specific to my personality, basically following a natural division of 'labor'. It's a complimentary dynamic where between two people you feel like one of those cameras that can see in 360 degrees.

red13th

Hmmm, my taste is always the outlier here. XD

I'm just a special snowflake I guess.

41u6R7I.jpg

what, Hours we are brothers in taste basically. minorities unite.

Odinson

What filter can you put on this? I don't have any social media - and only have iPhone I see people always talking about Instant Gram filters I just am curious if you can :p

tumblr_mqwued2nS41qfs4kco1_500.gif

No filter necessary for that face.... <3

Eek! Come to the OT :( I saw CannonO there already. I love Viviva but honestly Eye-an (ugh) rubs me the wrong way

I'll pop in there for the next show.

Just wanted to share one of the best drag show entrances ever.
Now that's an entrance.

I can't say I'm super happy with some of the decisions Nintendo is making for the US releases X_X.

New 3DS will only be available in XL in our region. And then there's the Majora's Mask limited edition DS, that does not come bundled with the game, and it apparently doesn't even come with an adaptor/charger in the US :S.

I still want the limited edition DS though it's so pretty.

DOWN

Banned
Guys, grow beard or no beard?
Haircut and then beard. Cute face for sure, but the hair looks very young to me and the face is too good to be hidden by bangs.

What filter can you put on this? I don't have any social media - and only have iPhone I see people always talking about Instant Gram filters I just am curious if you can :p
#nofilter

Ya look good without one.

Ugh he was bumped to main cast for no reason then? And I wanted more of him and less Patrick/Kevin

I'm not a Dumbo fan
Dumbo oh no

I think the whole cast is cute

Ty4on

New 3DS will only be available in XL in our region. And then there's the Majora's Mask limited edition DS, that does not come bundled with the game, and it apparently doesn't even come with an adaptor/charger in the US :S.
Pal 3DS XL never had a charger to begin with :/

The US was actually the exception and got a charger included after the backlash Nintendo faced IIRC.

Christopher

haha you guys are too funny - ok that's what a filter does? For some reason I thought it drastically changes people...some people at work were saying they met girls on Tinder and they must have used a filter as opposed to real life, and vice versa with women/guys.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A filter won't change how you look in terms of shape, but it'll hide blemishes in your skin and improve overall complexion, and the result can differ noticably from the appearance of a person under natural lighting. Lighting and color will often fool people into thinking someone or something looks better than it really is.

You'd need to go into full photo editing mode to get a drastic change though.

Kater

Banned
haha you guys are too funny - ok that's what a filter does? For some reason I thought it drastically changes people...some people at work were saying they met girls on Tinder and they must have used a filter as opposed to real life, and vice versa with women/guys.
Pft, I don't think you need a filter to find guys on dating apps, you look good regardless on that pic. ;)

Kevyt

A filter won't change how you look in terms of shape, but it'll hide blemishes in your skin and improve overall complexion, which can differ drastically from the appearance of a person under natural lighting. Lighting and color will often fool people into thinking someone or something looks better than it really is.

You'd need to go into full photo editing mode to get a drastic change though.

Uh hmmm. Like JB's Calvin Klein pictures.

Ty4on

A filter won't change how you look in terms of shape, but it'll hide blemishes in your skin and improve overall complexion, and the result can differ noticably from the appearance of a person under natural lighting. Lighting and color will often fool people into thinking someone or something looks better than it really is.

Remember that it works both ways :p

Christopher

Pft, I don't think you need a filter to find guys on dating apps, you look good regardless on that pic. ;)

I'm ready to go!

btw has everyone showed support and ordered BBs album it's only like 7 bucks and we gotta support anyone on GAF - esp since he's a pretty cool guy

DOWN

Banned
Ugh that song. Getting famous of someone else's work (sir mix-a-lot)
She was already famous. And it's not like people were gonna mistake that sample as originally hers so therefore she'd be stealing his fame. I'm not big on sampling when it's from unknown artists (Rixton), but Minaj was already the biggest female rapper currently working and the sample is super recognizable so there's no deception.

She was already famous. And it's not like people were gonna mistake that sample as originally hers so therefore she'd be stealing his fame. I'm not big on sampling when it's from unknown artists (Rixton), but Minaj was already the biggest female rapper currently working and the sample is super recognizable so there's no deception.

Accept there are. Plenty young enough to not have been around when the original song came out.

She was already famous and it's called sampling, tons of artists do it.

Sampling is stealing.

Christopher

Ugh that song. Getting famous of someone else's work (sir mix-a-lot)

Chris is str8 (I think).

Yeah I'm married to a nasty girl thing lol - my brothers gay my best friend is gay many people I know are gay. For me the gay community is just more friendly open and seemingly full of better hearted people I choose to align myself with people who are good regardless of sexual preference it just seems IMO the gay community seems to be the most community with people of nicer origins

DOWN

Banned
Accept there are. Plenty young enough to not have been around when the original song came out.

Sampling is stealing.
Who the heck is old enough to listen to Anaconda and hasnt heard the source of that sample? It was in the Shrek movies even.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uh hmmm. Like JB's Calvin Klein pictures.
Yeah pretty much.
Remember that it works both ways :p

Well, the idea is anyone trying to improve their profile pic with filters isn't going to post a result that looks inferior (from their POV) to the original. What people consider "better looking" and "worse looking" is a matter of taste, but I think filters make things look better to the untrained eye in general because they mask shoddy camera work, and selfies are shoddy camera work by nature.

EDIT: Actually, I thought better of it and I'm just going to wipe the shop.

Kevyt

Yeah I'm married to a nasty girl thing lol - my brothers gay my best friend is gay many people I know are gay. For me the gay community is just more friendly open and seemingly full of better hearted people I choose to align myself with people who are good regardless of sexual preference it just seems IMO the gay community seems to be the most community with people of nicer origins

The more allies the better.

Ty4on

No, great artists create.

What do they create? The instrument sound? The musical scale? The chord structure? Even the melody has to be held within tight walls to sound decent
(but I'm not educated enough to tell you what they are :p)

Humans rarely (if ever) spontaneously come up with everything in something they create. They take old ideas and put them together in a new way and music is like that too.

Grizzo

Sampling is not stealing. Some samples can be used to create new amazing songs.

Crazy In Love or 1 Thing both sample some old funk/go-go tracks and they're fantastic songs in their own right.

Christopher

I like your necklace, can you tell me more about it?

My necklace is actually just an army metal ball chain - and the actual ring was my uncle's wedding ring who died in the army - I keep it close to my heart as he was pretty much the only father figure I've had so it's improtant to me I use to wear it all the time until I went to a water park and it went off my neck lol

Kater

Banned
Chris is str8 (I think).
Oh, I didn't know!

Aw, you are still a cool guy for hanging out with us, and I hope you don't mind if I compliment you on you on your body and looks like I did in my last post. ;)

Bladenic

Sampling is stealing.

I forgot who I was dealing with for a second.

My necklace is actually just an army metal ball chain - and the actual ring was my uncle's wedding ring who died in the army - I keep it close to my heart as he was pretty much the only father figure I've had so it's improtant to me I use to wear it all the time until I went to a water park and it went off my neck lol

I really want one like that, I think it looks so good. Only thing is I don't have a ring, at least not one that means something to me.

Christopher

Oh, I didn't know!

Aw, you are still a cool guy for hanging out with us, and I hope you don't mind if I compliment you on you on your body and looks like I did in my last post. ;)

Nah I don't mind at all it feels nice I was 280 lbs at my heaviest and it's nice to feel attractive to either sex - thats why I do my best now to help anyone who wants help fitness wise, or who just needs a friend as I know how it is to be lonely as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom