• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is love, so good for them for finding each other.

Though if this guy is so open, I'm not sure why he needs to identify as "otherwise straight". It doesn't really matter, but it just seems like an odd thing to say. (Like it's a fallback in case the relationship doesn't work out.)

I just came across this on Facebook, it moved me quite a bit, thought I'd share it with you guys

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-1499...an-who-fell-in-love-with-his-best-friend.html

(sorry if this was posted before)

It's sweet, but yeah, that whole "otherwise straight" label kinda makes me a little uncomfortable. Mostly because I feel like it connotes that he was a straight dude that got converted by his gay friend, which we all know is the sort of bullshit that homophobes would fucking eat up. He sounds like he was just bi or falls somewhere on the Kinsey Scale that doesn't neatly fit into a label...

Regardless, at the end of the day, people have a right to identify as what they feel like they are, so I guess I can't really harp about this too much. I wish them both the best. :p

Anyway, can I flaunt my humble RPDR tank collection on here? It's slowly growing and the shirts kinda make me giddy.

Wearing Mainla while being awkward at a store.

ab9g9pX.jpg

Always loved this Willam design.

GD1qPG7.jpg

Repping Adore at a beard-party. (I couldn't grown my own. @_@ )

qBWwTnK.jpg

I NEED to get Lasky's and Bianca's next.

Surely some of you have Drag Race shirts as well, no?

Alrus

Though if this guy is so open, I'm not sure why he needs to identify as "otherwise straight". It doesn't really matter, but it just seems like an odd thing to say. (Like it's a fallback in case the relationship doesn't work out.)

He's just probably close to zero on the kinsey scale and considered himself straight before this happened.

So how's everyone's opinion on hitting up the local park for some cruising action? My bf and I like to go there from time to time to blow off each other in dim moonlight and have others watching, or even let them engage in the action of they look good. I always wear caps or something though to hide parts of my face since I work at a regional 📺 tv station, would be kind of unfortunate if the wrong people saw me like that

Hey guys,

So I told my mom tonight that I am gay and it was probably the best experience I've had yet about being open. I said to her verbatim "Hi mae, I am sure Daniela has told you so I am just gonna come out and say it. I am dating a guy, its not the first guy I've dated, it wont be my last. I love you and I hope you'l just love me back."

She responded "Oh, thank god! I thought you were going to tell me you got laid off. Now what did you think Daniela told me?." and it just made everything so easy :) Right after that she just asked me "so, how is everything else?" hahaha. I am so fortunate that I have such a progressive parent, I thank the communists in the 60's for making her so liberal :)

Then she sent me this and my heart melted:

if-god-hates-gays-why5vsk7.jpg

Monocle

Hey guys,

So I told my mom tonight that I am gay and it was probably the best experience I've had yet about being open. I said to her verbatim "Hi mae, I am sure Daniela has told you so I am just gonna come out and say it. I am dating a guy, its not the first guy I've dated, it wont be my last. I love you and I hope you'l just love me back."

She responded "Oh, thank god! I thought you were going to tell me you got laid off. Now what did you think Daniela told me?." and it just made everything so easy :) Right after that she just asked me "so, how is everything else?" hahaha. I am so fortunate that I have such a progressive parent, I thank the communists in the 60's for making her so liberal :)

That's awesome, congrats.

I don't drink often at all.. Which is probably why I have such a low tolerance :( LOL. My soccer teammates can all drink like fish ;_; I regretted it this one time when I tried to keep up with them..
I should probably clarify. I'm not opposed to trying new drinks. I can do it if I want to. I just don't like the burning taste of it. If that makes any sense. I'm not a huge fan of the effects either.
Hey guys,

Congrats. :)

Shy Fingers

Banned
So how's everyone's opinion on hitting up the local park for some cruising action? My bf and I like to go there from time to time to blow off each other in dim moonlight and have others watching, or even let them engage in the action of they look good. I always wear caps or something though to hide parts of my face since I work at a regional 📺 tv station, would be kind of unfortunate if the wrong people saw me like that

I thought the whole park thing was an exaggerated myth/stereotype.

Kudos to you though, I'm not even comfortable touching or acting boyfriendy out in public at all.

Kater

Banned
Hey guys,

13840686471230547485.GIF

Such a great mum. :)

Dany

Banned

what about your career!?

b1fjps

Kudos to you though, I'm not even comfortable touching or acting boyfriendy out in public at all.
I don't really either, but with those special circumstances it's pretty exciting. I really didn't think the park culture was real either, but it turned out there are some good looking people out there in my town sometimes
what about your career!?

u

Yeah its risky. But I can't even make out the faces of people there who don't wear caps so I feel safe.

Rayis

Also seething at some of the posters and their uninformed opinions in the US fast food workers minimum wage thread. :|
I refuse to read that thread because I know it's going to make me want to punch people in the balls and in general ruin my day, can't stand bootstraps ideology.

I refuse to read that thread because I know it's going to make me want to punch people in the balls and in general ruin my day, can't stand bootstraps ideology.

Yup. There's one poster in there in particular who is being the king of Bootstraps. Blood boiled last night. I'm not going back in that thread :|

Masamuna

Cruising was huge in the past before Internet. It still happens but probably not on the same scale as it was in the 70s. Hook up apps replaced it for the most part.

The park near my work is still a hot-spot for cruising. Gross area :O

Love is love, so good for them for finding each other.

He's probably a heterflexible person, but he doesn't have the language to "properly" express himself; I believe that he legitimately feels like he is mainly attracted to women, but he could (if the conditions are all in place. Ex: the boy is a passable crossdresser who also happens to be a great friend) develop a romantic/sexual relationship with another man.

So I just saw The Giver today.
Good film and pretty true to original story. Loved the use of black in white in the first half of the film. I liked it a lot.
Plus any film with the dude from Shameless is a win in my book. Mmmmmmm. :)
Cameron-Monaghan-Shameless-Gay.jpg

KmA

So I just created a grindr and I already got an ass pic from a dude. Like, it was literally just like:
"hello"
*ass pic*

Am I officially a gay?

Kater

Banned
So I just created a grindr and I already got an ass pic from a dude. Like, it was literally just like:
"hello"
*ass pic*

Am I officially a gay?
That's just how blunt people on these sites for the most part are. :D

Oh, and here's your gay card:
Just fill in the blanks and you can have your real card as soon as in weeks.

I didn't get that card! That means... my life is a fake?! Oh no! ;_; Replace Cher with Alaska and I'm fine with those un-holy rules. :3

But yeah, that's grindr for you! I've met nice people there (even though I'm not in touch with them because I'm a complete mess), but gotta deal with the asses. Yup.

unless they look nice, then go ahead!

or not

Man, I love Adonis Belts.
I don't know what it is (social conditioning perhaps), but there is something so sexy about it just peaking out a bit; makes me want to pull down his shorts or something.
:p

Edit:
Hey guys,

D'aaaaw, that's so awesome! Congrats!

Grizzo

That's just how blunt people on these sites for the most part are. :D

Oh, and here's your gay card:

Just fill in the blanks and you can have your real card as soon as in weeks.

haha never saw that before, I like it !

does that mean I'm not a real homosexual?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
So you're actually on TV?

Everything else, I can't comment on. I don't like the idea of cruising. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom