• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

WW is good, but 2D Zelda > 3D Zelda. ALTTP and ALBW
and 3D Dot Game Heroes, and the Neutopia games
> *

And still I haven't played any of the handheld Zeldas except for a bit of Seasons (which was enjoyable), lol. I'm just not a big Zelda person.

Hello, LGBTQIA-Age!

I'm not gay, but I just served as the best man for my best friend's wedding in Seattle on September 3rd! I have known Blake since 6th grade (17 years), but only found out he was gay 8 years ago. We all live in Texas, so obviously we had to travel out of state for the wedding.

I wanted to share with ya'll the wedding video I put together and I gave them at their reception this past weekend here in Dallas. My goal for the video was simple: Make Blake's new husband cry.... I totally succeeded too. ;)

24 minutes- YouTube link
This is really awesome :p

aw man

maybe i'll be a cool dude and do a giveaway ._.
I was going to give out some Smash demo codes but everyone actually snapped them up... wasn't really expecting it.

All I have to giveaway is my love and nobody wants it :(

It was no Twilight Princess but it was a solid game. What's with the hate?

It wasn't. Putting aside the aesthetics, the game was severely flawed. The dungeons were lackluster. Let's not even get started on the Triforce quest.

HylianTom

Banned
I never cheer for Tom Brady, but I'd be willing to comfort him after a loss like tonight's.
Mmm hmm.

untitled-94ejuc.gif

Dude's gotta keep the facial hair.

Caladrius

Putting aside the aesthetics, the game was severely flawed. The dungeons were lackluster.

Up until the Tower of the Gods, maybe, but from that point onward the game makes use of the most fully-realized partner mechanics in the series, involving unique characters in all three dungeons with skill sets that have little overlap and who you consistently have to use to their fullest in order to get by. The latter three temples also ramp up the difficulty and navigational puzzles to make them significantly more interesting in a refreshing reversal from the early game

I'm willing the excuse the endgame because of the rushed development cycle, but it is indeed fairly irksome. At least the endgame bosses were great.

HylianTom

Banned
The Triforce pieces never really bothered me since I'm a get-everything-as-soon-as-possible guy. By the time the game actually tells me to go after the pieces, there aren't many left at all. *shrug*

RM8

TIL Isabelle from Animal Crossing is named Canelita (little cinnamon) in Spanish. My face melts of the adorable.

I loved sailing. WW gave me the most ALttP vibes (which was my initiation into gaming, and when my imagination was completely captured by the medium) than any other 3D Zelda.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I never played a zelda

WHAT

bOuj21a.gif

Hello, LGBTQIA-Age!

I'm not gay, but I just served as the best man for my best friend's wedding in Seattle on September 3rd! I have known Blake since 6th grade (17 years), but only found out he was gay 8 years ago. We all live in Texas, so obviously we had to travel out of state for the wedding.

I wanted to share with ya'll the wedding video I put together and I gave them at their reception this past weekend here in Dallas. My goal for the video was simple: Make Blake's new husband cry.... I totally succeeded too. ;)

24 minutes- YouTube link

;____;

Kangi

You sure like remakes. I guess ALBW technically isn't a remake, but it's halfway there. :p

Kirby Super Star Ultra was also my initiation into the Kirby series (outside of Air Ride), and my favorite mainline Kirby still.

As much as I dislike most modern remakes/re-releases (re-releasing your game one year later should not count as an actual game release), I have a good track record with the really good ones. Even EarthBound's VC re-release technically counts here, and that became one of my favorite games of all time.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
re-releasing your game one year later should not count as an actual game release

THANK YOU

so sick of people acting like HD/Current Gen ports actually count as new games. Wind Waker HD, Last of Us Remastered, Master Chief Collection, etc. blah

Have you guys seen How to Get Away with Murder? It's a new show on ABC and I loved the pilot episode.
also light gay rimming scene

They implied a
gay rimming scene?
How the fuck did that get past the censors?

daripad

Okami is easy and it had inferior dungeons, it is hard to prefer it over Zelda unless people really liked Okami's world and combat more than Zelda's.

They didn't give a fuck lol.. here it is, it's a little spoiler-ish

ewwdafttuzr.gif

Maybe I should start watching that show...

---

I just bought Okami HD recently because it was on sale, and I always wanted to play it. I hope it's as good as I've heard! I'm a big fan of Zelda games, and people compare it to that series, so I'm hoping it's good.

Caladrius

wwhd is pretty omg

I'm fixing that now! :D

The one thing to keep in mind as you're starting out is that the first dungeon (The Forbidden Fortress) is a major pain in the ass. After that the game is far easier and navigationally-friendly (arguably too easy for most of it, but I personally didn't mind that) and there's no similar stealth sequences in the game again.

ok I kinda feel like crying at school lol
im so friendless its embarrasing and sad

I've been in that rut, so I know the feeling.

The only thing you can do is meet and reach out to new people (especially ones you wouldn't ordinarily talk to). That isn't easy (and after 10 years of getting a boot to the ass in the "socialize more" department I still struggle with it), but you'd be surprised the kind of friends you can make that way.

We're your friends, you don't need real people!
...seriously though 'sup? Something happen or is this just like a general feeling?
General.. but tomorrow is my birthday and i'm not doing anything again. I dont know I feel like its so pathetic to not be able to feel like i have enough actual friends to do something.

KumaJG

Okami is easy and it had inferior dungeons, it is hard to prefer it over Zelda unless people really liked Okami's world and combat more than Zelda's.

I haven't played Okami yet, but I know I will like it more than Zelda. I despise that game lol

Alrus

Okami is a very endearing and beautiful game ruined by massive massive bloat worse than Skyward Sword, terrible dungeons that are glorified corridors and worse hand holding than any modern zelda in existence. I wanted to love that game so much :(

I haven't played Okami yet, but I know I will like it more than Zelda. I despise that game lol

I doubt it, unless you hate Zelda for strange reasons, all the thing Zelda games get (justly) criticized for are there, only worse. But it's a pretty game with endearing characters.

There's probably a topic for this but as always I'll come here first just to get a general opinion. I want to buy a TV, I've been looking at 40/42". I used to have a Samsung 32" LCD TV back home which has been working flawlessly for about 4 years now.

Is Samsung still considered the best TV brand? I know Panasonic, LG and Sony seem to be pretty good as well. But my roommates have an LG TV which I think must be about a year old and it started resetting itself recently, til the point it doesn't even turn on anymore (keeps resetting itself). It seems like there are really good deals on LG sets but I'm not so sure I want to go that route now (though I know this could happen with any brand anyway). I've also seen a lot of deals on Philips TVs.

So what's your experience with TVs? Any recommendations? I don't even need it to be a Smart TV since I'll probably have my PS4 hooked up to it all the time (which I'll buy after I get the TV).

Kater

Banned
THANK YOU

so sick of people acting like HD/Current Gen ports actually count as new games. Wind Waker HD, Last of Us Remastered, Master Chief Collection, etc. blah
They are superior to the original though, thanks to better framerate and resolution alone.

Of the only LoZ games I've played:

WWHD > OoT3D > ALBW >>> SS > TP

Haven't played Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess (I'm thinking about playing Skyward Sword though, but I'm waiting for at least a year, maybe Nintendo announces a remake for that one) but Wind Waker was a lot more enjoyable than Ocarina of Time 3D..

There's probably a topic for this but as always I'll come here first just to get a general opinion. I want to buy a TV, I've been looking at 40/42". I used to have a Samsung 32" LCD TV back home which has been working flawlessly for about 4 years now.

Is Samsung still considered the best TV brand? I know Panasonic, LG and Sony seem to be pretty good as well. But my roommates have an LG TV which I think must be about a year old and it started resetting itself recently, til the point it doesn't even turn on anymore (keeps resetting itself). It seems like there are really good deals on LG sets but I'm not so sure I want to go that route now (though I know this could happen with any brand anyway). I've also seen a lot of deals on Philips TVs.

So what's your experience with TVs? Any recommendations? I don't even need it to be a Smart TV since I'll probably have my PS4 hooked up to it all the time (which I'll buy after I get the TV).

Well personally, I've only had LG and Sanyo HDTVs, so my experience is limited. My LG 32" is a few years old and still works great, and even though Sanyo is on the lower tier of TVs (I got it on sale, it's 40"), it's worked fine these past two years. *knocks on wood*

----

My Zelda list would go something like...

OoT 3D (the definitive version) > Twilight Princess > A Link to the Past > A Link Between Worlds > Skyward Sword = Wind Waker > Majora's Mask > Zelda 1 > Zelda 2

Also, best Zelda companion is Midna, no question! :p

HylianTom

Banned
This discussion is making me want to play Zelda again. About every 2 or 3 years, I start from LoZ 1 and play all the way through the (console) series. Takes me about half a year usually. It's been 2.5 years now, but I'm resolved to not play them again until we move..

I already got Smash Bros 3DS! My first smash battle was with Shirtless Shulk to honor you guys
the next one was with Ike

We should totally do a tournament or something~~

Ty4on

Probably too late now, but Panasonic discontinued their plasmas and my parents were able to get a 50 inch for bargin prices which has that deep plasma look. This was a low end model so it was sadly not 1080p. While TV content looks good games will probably show more artifacts.

Kater

Banned
Just got this guy as a companion in Fallout New Vegas. Talked a little with him, then this came up.

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo1_500.gif

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo2_500.gif

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo3_500.gif

Arcade, my poor boy. :(

Completely forgot that he is a very depressed character. I wish you could find him a partner in the game. Maybe even let him have a romance with the Courier (Player character).

Just got this guy as a companion in Fallout New Vegas. Talked a little with him, then this came up.

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo1_500.gif

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo2_500.gif

tumblr_mc3wvjgo6e1rit1fvo3_500.gif

Arcade, my poor boy. :(

Completely forgot that he is a very depressed character. I wish you could find him a partner in the game. Maybe even let him have a romance with the Courier (Player character).

Possibly the least stereotypically gay character in many forms of media. He's quite awesome! But yeah, Fallout doesn't really do romances, sadly.

He also has an awesome quest, mind. He's my go-to companion~

Kater

Banned
Possibly the least stereotypically gay character in many forms of media. He's quite awesome! But yeah, Fallout doesn't really do romances, sadly.

He also has an awesome quest, mind. He's my go-to companion~
He is a rare exception, yeah.

Oh, and Fallout has also another great homosexual character: Veronica.

I don't use her that much though since she uses hand-to-hand combat and since I play on Hardcore she would die immediately if we were up against Cazadors or Deathclaws. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom