• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

So today was pretty special because it was the release of my very first book.

Feels weird to see my name featured on the Amazon website and even weirder to see it on the cover of a hardcover book. So yeah, I guess that's officially the beginning of my career as an author!

Nice work. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Vitanimus

oh rip sai-kun

xOwbI.gif

Hello Henchmen! :)

Nah, I am RingabelD (NNID). Name of my Mii is Jack.

Gimme your 3DS friend code yo.

It's a book... about books (ha!). 104 pages of jokes and witty reviews of books of all sorts (from classics and erotic novels to comic books and our childhood heroes). It's full of parodies and never takes itself seriously (well except when I talk about The Simpsons remake of Lord of the Flies or that old PC game called I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, because I take these things very seriously, haha).

That's why the title is a portmanteau between "lol" and "littérature" (which is basically just french for "litterature"). It was co-written with a good friend of mine, and illustrated by a cool girl who already has her own comic book series.

loltebookjlzms.jpg

Feels weird to see my name featured on the Amazon website and even weirder to see it on the cover of a hardcover book. So yeah, I guess that's officially the beginning of my career as an author!

Wow, that's amazing, congrats Grizzo!

Hey all, first time posting in here.

Notice quite a few of you are playing Smash, so if you want to have a few battles hit us up.

FC is 0301-9822-1084, I'll add anyone once I get home.

Welcome! Added you, mine's in my profile.

It's a book... about books (ha!). 104 pages of jokes and witty reviews of books of all sorts (from classics and erotic novels to comic books and our childhood heroes). It's full of parodies and never takes itself seriously (well except when I talk about The Simpsons remake of Lord of the Flies or that old PC game called I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, because I take these things very seriously, haha).

That's why the title is a portmanteau between "lol" and "littérature" (which is basically just french for "litterature"). It was co-written with a good friend of mine, and illustrated by a cool girl who already has her own comic book series.

loltebookjlzms.jpg

Cool! Congratulations. :D

Dany

Banned
Don't let it get to you watsky. You should find a way out.

I'm pouring one out for my best bud said ;_; don't worry I'll take care of kai while you're banned, and I'll change the litter xoxo

VegiHam

So, guys, I went out tonight and had an awesome night and ran into a ton of my friends, but when I came home I found my housemates in the kitchen crying and I'm just so tired of house drama. Am I a total jerk for not caring anymore and just wishing my nights didn't get ruined?

Congrats on the book G-dawg and rip sai-sensei.

VegiHam

why was your housemate crying?
She doesn't get on with another housemates boyfriend and is getting stressed out about it.
But she has been for weeks and I'm losing patience with it. There's only so much sympathy I can have you know?

Like, if anything new had happened or if she was doing anything to change the situation of course I'd care. But a bunch of us in the kitchen going over old wounds drunkenly when I just wanna sleep and enjoy the good vibes? Urgh.

sai no ;__;

loltebookjlzms.jpg

Wow!! congrats man :D must be exciting to have your first book released

Oh I've been around. I'm pretty lazy about posting on gaf in general so I never get to keep up with this thread.
Ahh :/ well i'm the same, kind of, most of the time I only post in community threads.

Grizzo

Congrats on the book G-dawg and rip sai-sensei.

Congrats!
Nice beard too. ;)

Cool! Congratulations. :D

Wow, that's amazing, congrats Grizzo!

Nice work. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Congrats Grizzo, that's an exciting accomplishment.

What did Sai do to get banned?

Congratz :O

Going to my school's queer club tonight for the first time. A little nervous.

Congrats on the authoring, Grizzo, that's fantastic :)

Good job, Grizzo! That looks like a rather good book~ If only I could read French. :c Well, it's a nice concept! Good luck, and keep at it!

Yeah good luck! Also: you look cute! 😶

That's amazing, Grizzo! *.* Congrats!

Thank you so much you guys!

you_guys_rock1.gif

what a weird gif

I think I finally found my true calling, which is just writing funny things (or at least trying). I'm actually working on a new one with the same co-author, so things are looking pretty good on the work area.

Congrats!

You're on your way to become a famous writer!
like Alan Wake :p
Hmm... might be a good book to read to practice my French.

Thank you!
let's just hope I won't have the same share of misfortune as that poor old Alan, haha

Well here's the Amazon link in case you'd like to give it a try!

Send me your NNID guys, just ordered WiiU

Mine is Poplemousse!

Send me yours once you received it!

Grats, Grizzo. That cover makes me lol.

awwwwww thanks for the avatar hommage EG! That's really sweet :D

And the guy on the cover is supposed to be Victor Hugo!

Victor_Hugo-7585.jpg

I know her music is "awful" but fuck I find Nicki Minajs music so catchy I can't help but like it.

I find some of her songs absolutely insufferable (Pound The Alarm, Anaconda and Stupid Hoe), but she's very consistent when it comes to features. I mean she knows how to spit a good verse when needed. Plus some of her solo songs are cool too.

I'll always have a soft spot for Starships even though I know it's pure trash

Gimme your 3DS friend code yo.

we should totally play an LGBT match in Smash 3DS pretty soon

Dany

Banned

loltebookjlzms.jpg

How exciting, and I love the artwork :D

Kater

Banned
Love that song. Creates some good athmosphere.

loltebookjlzms.jpg

Congratulations, Grizzo. How long did you and the mentioned friend work on the book if I may ask?
I wrote short stories until around a year ago but brought almost nothing to paper, no matter in what state, drunk or clean.

Also, is that Sigmund Freud on the cover? Nice illustration either way. :)

Kater

Banned
Oh, yes. Even better than Big Iron. Although if it's atmosphere we're talking about, rummaging about in garbage cans with ruined buildings and rotted trees with this playing in the Background's even better:

Different game, but subtly relevant lyrics
Fallout 3 music, oh yes. Now the lyrics I don't really understand since the audio recording isn't that good but the melody on it's own is setting up some nice atmosphere anyway.

It's generally pretty good music on the Radio stations in Fallout 3 (and in FNV, but to a lesser extent), it's worth taking some time to listen to.

loltebookjlzms.jpg

Congrats! You're a published author now. That's got to feel amazing, right?

Congratulations, Grizzo! I'd totally buy it if I was in France
or illegally downloa-- just kidding, I wouldn't do this to you >:<
. How does it feel? Are you going to do some kind of event at some library, or something?

I was hoping to get something small published - well, a small collaboration with my grandmother - for next year's Sant Jordi, but inspiration doesn't flow. I'll just watch some motivational videos.

Fallout 3 music, oh yes. Now the lyrics I don't really understand since the audio recording isn't that good but the melody on it's own is setting up some nice atmosphere anyway.

It's generally pretty good music on the Radio stations in Fallout 3 (and in FNV, but to a lesser extent), it's worth taking some time to listen to.

The lyrics are difficult, yes~ Especially considering that they are largely relevant to the period in which it was made (the 1930s), although certain lines are easy to understand by basically anyone who has any vague knowledge of the 30s, such as "... And that gent today you gave a cent today once had several chateaus", which is an obvious reference to the Great Depression. Even so, it still remains relevant, as it mocks 'old timers', and how 'anything goes nowadays'.

Although having typed this, I realised that you just found it tough to hear and I am talking babble.

Well, once more, with lyrics.

Anyways, uh, yes! The Fallout soundtracks are very good, both in songs lifted from the early 20th century and the actual compositions created for the game (some of which sound EXACTLY like they were lifted from the early 20th century and had me fooled), and everyone should give it a little listen or two! :c

Also, nice avatar, Escape Goat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom