• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Do I have to download the voice acting DLC from within the game itself, or can I grab it on the PSN store? Game hasn't arrived yet and might not in two weeks either ;_; I'm temporally in the boonies.

Edit: NVM it's on PSN now. "Purchased" 'it on my phone just to be safe :)

Now why couldn't they have done that with XIII and XIII-2 where they actually changed music and stuff? :mad:

The CGI? In-game cutscenes, yes, for sure. But I remember thinking how distracting it was switching from those cutscenes to CGI in XIII and XIII-2 and seeing the noticeable change in the lip-sync.

Haven't played in ages though so maybe I'm remembering wrong. Or they did a rushed job of it. Which is probably more likely.
I am pretty sure they did sync the lips to English in CGI... I remember watching English trailers where the lips were off, and it was better in the final game.

rataven

I am pretty sure they did sync the lips to English in CGI... I remember watching English trailers where the lips were off, and it was better in the final game.

Huh. Well, in any event, I'm glad they're doing it! I wish they'd put in that amount of effort for Advent Children Complete. The synch was awful there.

Normal will have to be saved for new game+
I'm getting my ass kicked. It's affecting my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah man, I hear you. The older I get, the more frustrated I find myself getting at harder difficulties. No point in playing just to get frustrated. I plan on doing Easy myself - after a long day of work, it's nice to sit down, relax, and just enjoy the game.

Just got home with my copy. Plan on diving into it after dinner. Looking forward to it!

RPGCrazied

Be careful, it seems like people who went with easy found the game to be too easy in the end.

How easy? I heard you gain all of your HP after battles, and you get more EP or whatever its called for time stopping. Unless you can 2 shot bosses or something, I'll try it first. I just don't want to have a hard time fighting regular type enemies.

I'm still a little undecided on what mode I do. On the one hand, I want challenging battles (so Normal), on the other, healing after every battle would eat up your resources quickly I'd imagine (and from what I saw, you can only hold like 5-7 items at once and there's no cure spell that you can use without using EP/GP). Easy also gives more "time" by just having the enemies drop more EP/GP for Chronostasis (although I have been told this isn't an issue even on Normal). And if you die in a battle and have no items to revive yourself, you lose an hour of your day when you restart the battle (which seems needlessly punishing). I just dunno... I wish you could change the difficulty after starting the game without having to begin a whole new quest.

Zoe

How easy? I heard you gain all of your HP after battles, and you get more EP or whatever its called for time stopping. Unless you can 2 shot bosses or something, I'll try it first. I just don't want to have a hard time fighting regular type enemies.

Like running out of things to do so all that's left is waiting for the game to end.

RS4-

I'm still a little undecided on what mode I do. On the one hand, I want challenging battles (so Normal), on the other, healing after every battle would eat up your resources quickly I'd imagine (and from what I saw, you can only hold like 5-7 items at once and there's no cure spell that you can use without using EP/GP). Easy also gives more "time" by just having the enemies drop more EP/GP for Chronostasis (although I have been told this isn't an issue even on Normal). And if you die in a battle and have no items to revive yourself, you lose an hour of your day when you restart the battle (which seems needlessly punishing). I just dunno... I wish you could change the difficulty after starting the game without having to begin a whole new quest.

There are fast food places that can give you small/medium/large amounts of HP back for a small amount of gil. I believe for the most HP it was like 450G; so you can stock up on different potions instead that give you buffs if needed.

Aside from avoiding certain mobs until you level up or get new equipment, just manually save here and there. The fights don't happen too often, most you can just avoid.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YESSSS!!! Just got home with my 2 most awaited games of 2014: Lightning Returns and Danganronpa :) so excited to start both

Went with Normal right away. There was much beating of my ass involved but I figured it helped me grasp more quickly how the battle system works.

I'm enjoying the whole time management/EP aspect a lot too. Huge Majora's Mask fan here so I expected that.

I've beaten
Noel and Snow
so far. The story hasn't gotten crazy yet but I know it won't bother me, as usual with jRPGs I just go with it anyway.

Also I try my hardest to keep Lightning in that bouncer/MiB outfit with shades for the lulz.

RPGCrazied

My Amazon order has had "shipping now" on it all day today. No tracking # or anything. Says I should get it on the 13th. No codes for costumes either.

Anyone else buy it from Amazon get their costume codes?

njean777

My Amazon order has had "shipping now" on it all day today. No tracking # or anything. Says I should get it on the 13th. No codes for costumes either.

Anyone else buy it from Amazon get their costume codes?

I got them through email, and I thought it was release day shipping? I have prime so I usually get release day shipping.

There are fast food places that can give you small/medium/large amounts of HP back for a small amount of gil. I believe for the most HP it was like 450G; so you can stock up on different potions instead that give you buffs if needed.

Aside from avoiding certain mobs until you level up or get new equipment, just manually save here and there. The fights don't happen too often, most you can just avoid.

Yeah, but I'm more worried about like in dungeons and such where you can't get items or food to replenish health after battles.

---

I haven't gotten my Amazon codes yet. My game isn't getting here until tomorrow, though.

RPGCrazied

I got them through email, and I thought it was release day shipping? I have prime so I usually get release day shipping.

I had it. But the card I had on it was bad, so it declined the order, told me I had 3 days to change payment or order would be canceled. I changed within 10 minutes of getting the email, so I guess I missed the first shipment being shipped out. Now it says the 13th, man I sure hope I didn't screw up to not get the costumes. I had the game on order for like a month now.

I have Prime also.

So how many times do you have to beat the game to see everything?

And those Lightning figurines are sold out on Play-Asia? So many Lighnting fans! Not that I wanted one or anything...:p

RS4-

Yeah, but I'm more worried about like in dungeons and such where you can't get items or food to replenish health after battles.

---

I haven't gotten my Amazon codes yet. My game isn't getting here until tomorrow, though.

There are garbs that refill your HP anyway! re: dungeons, I don't really want to spoil that for everyone.

But yeah, easy is too easy.

So there's no way to attack normally with the Soldier 1st Class costume :(

Bind something to the other three buttons? Enemies drop various skills, some of the attack ones are fairly shit. I don't know if there's an actual loot table for specific ones though. I've had them drop whatever really, anything from different attacks to different elemental based spells.

Ricker

I thought all the extra stuff was missing from the game but it just happens after the demo part..I think I have 7 costume/schemata now,weapons and all...started the game on normal,surely all this gear at the start will help...? I dont remember people saying this game was hard even on normal...?

Aeana

I thought all the extra stuff was missing from the game but it just happens after the demo part..I think I have 7 costume/schemata now,weapons and all...started the game on normal,surely all this gear at the start will help...? I dont remember people saying this game was hard even on normal...?

Seems like a lot of people find it difficult on normal. I actually think the game is rather easy so far on normal, but I won't say there haven't been a couple of enemies that gave me some trouble. The most annoying thing about this game for me right now is how slowly you move around in battle. It's so slow that I wonder what the point of it even is.

If anyone with the Xbox version of the game wants the code that comes with the CE guide (It is for the "Art of War" costume set.), Let me know. First come first serve and all that stuff.

Ezi0

BgOd8WRCIAEoRBf.jpg:large

Lightning Returns to me! Good-bye everyone.

Nice!

Friday is too long of a wait :(. Hopefully GAME dispatch it on Wednesday so there's a chance I can get it on Thursday.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'm starting to be concerned about all this talk about NORMAL being SUPER-HARD. I don't understand how hard it is.

RPGCrazied

The better question here would be "Man, why does Square insist on having their collectors editions be exclusive to their shitty store?'

:(

So people will use it? And I'm sure its cheaper for them to ship from their store than other retailers. I will never use it again. Doesn't matter the collector's edition. If I want it that bad, I'll wait for it to hit eBay or something.

]There are garbs that refill your HP anyway[/B]! re: dungeons, I don't really want to spoil that for everyone.

But yeah, easy is too easy.

There are? I thought there were no healing spells in the game besides like Curaga (EP/GP)? Or do you mean that blocking ability that regens your HP while blocking?

Gaz_RB

Oh cool, her original outfit is still my favorite.

My XIII saves are in online storage though. Do you know if you have to pull them out for LR to read them?

Same here! In LR it's kind of cool because you can customize the colors and stuff, and when she has it on, she uses the same fighting style as she did in FF13.

As for the cloud saves, I'm not sure. Might as well download one just in case.
$4 for a costume! Crazy!

Hey man, it comes with a weapon too! Totally worth it! :p

Baliis

My CE arrived today totally unexpectedly in perfect condition, so I can't really be too upset. Better than my Bravely Default CE that amazon mailed in an envelope anyways.

Top Bottom