• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO |OT| What awaits at the edge of Hell?

Wizpig

surly said:
Is this game launching at midnight on Live? There's a countdown for Limbo on Xbox.com that's currently at just over 10 minutes to go.
Nope.
Wait 9-10 more hours.

It's usually around that time that XBLA games launch.

WOW. First XBLA game after Braid with such universal acclaim.

Limbo will be first marketplace content I'll buy after Shadow Complex (on 8/20/2009).

Gowans

Can't wait, should be only 90mins away unless the idiot is pressing the button on xbla again this week.

Think I'll get the Mrs to play this too, looks right up her street.

nofi

Gowans007 said:
Can't wait, should be only 90mins away unless the idiot is pressing the button on xbla again this week.

Think I'll get the Mrs to play this too, looks right up her street.

My good lady helped me out with some of the puzzles last night too - the game's so diverse it practically encourages it.

Turnstyle

I have to say, this game is really enjoayble. Got to 72% last night before finally admitting defeat and going to bed.

The puzzles are well thought out, and it's really satisfying when you finally crack one and get to progress. My girlfriend was really engaged in it as well, making suggestions and helping out with some of the trickier puzzles. However, she refused to play it as she said it was too 'creepy'. :D

I love the little set pieces too. I'm sure everyone thought
they were done for when they were wrapped up in the spider web...

Gowans

nofi said:
My good lady helped me out with some of the puzzles last night too - the game's so diverse it practically encourages it.
Nice, it looks that way from what I've seen in it's style & pace.

I want to play it too so I'll play on my gaming room out of the way then bite my tounge if I'm watching her play.

Hopefully I'll keep ahead.

Alts

One of my favorite games from E3. I was really disappointed when I didn't get to play it at GDC, but luckily the E3 build was twice the length.

protip: play with headphones. Or at least a nice sound system in a quiet room.

voltron

so this is the game that was originally that Flash game?

Or am I thinking of something completely different.... the flash game Im talking about is the one where you cant go in the shadow (I think).

voltron said:
so this is the game that was originally that Flash game?

Or am I thinking of something completely different.... the flash game Im talking about is the one where you cant go in the shadow (I think).

Entirely different. This is a small Danish studio that has been working on this since forever, especially since Danish media has been screaming about this game for ages.

voltron

Vinterbird said:
Entirely different. This is a small Danish studio that has been working on this since forever, especially since Danish media has been screaming about this game for ages.

Nice.

Dabanton

Keyser Soze said:
I am jumping between the US, UK, NZ, and ES marketplace sites to try and find a download :(

Lol i was trying that earlier before i had to rush into work.

I saw someone on my friends list playing this yesterday evening.

Didn't want to bother him though seems like the sort of game where you want to be immersed completely.

dk_

Vinterbird said:
It's one of the best reviewed games this year, there really shouldn't be any doubt.
Alllriiight, but it sucks that I have to charge the full 1200 points, because I only have 140 MSP left. ;-/ Whatever.

dk_ said:
Hmm... 1200 MS points.

Is it worth it? Need to play the trial first, I guess.

Yeah, I already regret buying outright, this game is all black and white.

WHAT IS THIS SHIT. WHERE ARE MY TEXTURES AND COLOURS. EVEN THE NES HAD MORE COLOURS!!

CMON

Daigoro

i certainly need a demo to help with the decision. the demo for Braid easily convinced me that it wasnt the game for me. i dont generally like puzzle games.

the style of this game looks too cool though, so ill at least give it a shot.

Empty

points bought, game downloaded from singapore marketplace website. now just got to go downstairs and turn on the 360.

Top Bottom