• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIMBO |OT| What awaits at the edge of Hell?

Keyser Soze said:
Yeah, I already regret buying outright, this game is all black and white.

WHAT IS THIS SHIT. WHERE ARE MY TEXTURES AND COLOURS. EVEN THE NES HAD MORE COLOURS!!

CMON

You can add Blue, Green and Red to your game for 400 MS Points each.

Gowans

Having a early lunch to check this out.

Wow it's already really special, so many moments already I want to talk about.

This is gona be one spoiler heavy thread.

Empty

amazing game so far. i find dying in the game feels very brutal and way more than in most games, maybe the contrast to the slow, quiet mood of the rest of the game intensifies it.

stuck, though.
how do i get past the spider

This kid sure is stupid when it comes to water. Can make him drown in like a foot of water because he's too dense to lift his head.

Empty said:
amazing game so far.

stuck, though.
If anyone answers that, I would urge you not to read it. You'll get it soon and this is one of those games that a guide or any help will ruin. Everything you need to solve every puzzle is around, just, look for it.

Broman1978

Empty said:
amazing game so far.

stuck, though.

Lure him to raise his legs and when it is about to strike jump away...Two-three times then backtrack a few steps to find the beartrap

hitoshi

HadesGigas said:
This kid sure is stupid when it comes to water. Can make him drown in like a foot of water because he's too dense to lift his head.

Right. I'm stuck like hell, how can you cross the little pond with just a crane in it? I've tried everything, really :)

Nevermind :)

Empty

toythatkills said:
If anyone answers that, I would urge you not to read it. You'll get it soon and this is one of those games that a guide or any help will ruin. Everything you need to solve every puzzle is around, just, look for it.

i just solved it on my own :D

thanks for the advice, that's probably a good idea.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a nasty habit of running into those bear trap-esque traps since I'm playing without my glasses and can't exactly see them well amongst everything else. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf I can download the trial off the US marketplace on the 360, but I can't unlock the full game :\

edit- nm working now

Gowans

This games just the right amount of cleaver & timing for me do far. Makes me feel very empowered by my brain box.

Daigoro

its a shame, but even before playing the demo i can pretty much tell this isnt my kind of game. getting stumped on puzzles drives me nuts. i cant even load the dishwasher without making a mess of it.

looks so cool though. im still going to try the demo.

Tokubetsu said:
Some of the stuff they ask you to do is disturbing.

is that good or bad for you? i like disturbing too.

Tokubetsu

Gowans007 said:
This games just the right amount of cleaver & timing for me do far. Makes me feel very empowered by my brain box.

Yea, haven't been too stumped for my mindgrapes so far.

EDIT: It's good just...wow. Maybe I'm just overthinking things though.

2mq11zp.jpg

Rad-

^ Ditto. Been there for 15 minutes now.

Edit: And just got it. :lol
The mindworm doesn't strike when he moves to the side. So simple, argh.

Kaldea

Just finished the trial. Can't wait to get paid so I can get the full game. I'm so poor lately. :lol

Even in just this small sample, some deaths made me go "Woah".

xbhaskarx

Now I wish I had watched videos beforehand, the one thing that really creeps me out is
spiders
... ugh, I was not mentally prepared...

Let's talk about the deaths in this game. I remember when I first played "realistic-looking 3D FPS games" like the original Quake (I know, "realistic" is laughable now), for the first time ever dying in a game got to me emotionally, at least for a while. Obviously in a few days I was completely desensitized. But the deaths in this are shaking me up just a little bit, which is really surprising for this type of game. Usually I don't think I identify with my character like that unless I'm in first person and unless the game looks extremely realistic. I'm not sure why it is, and it's not the case for every death, just the more violent ones. Perhaps it's the suddenness or the accompanying noises, but the deaths can be quite jarring.

stuck, though.

The whole point of this game is being stuck on puzzles and figuring out how to continue. I got "stuck" there, too, at least for a minute (it's pretty much the first difficult part, so it's only going to get harder). And I've been "stuck" 4-5 more times already. I guess my point is, if people just have all the puzzles solved for them, they better not complain that the game is too short, because that is the game.

Empty

the game is pretty expert at connecting you with the character. whether in the brutal deaths making you loath dying, the endearing animation, the way that the jumping arc and control in the air feels very human (no pinpoint accuracy and very long jumps, lots of struggle with how you keep pulling your self up and limited mobility in the air), or just stuff like the way the controller vibrates as you land a jump or move up a ladder. very clever design.

Turnstyle

Rad- said:
^ Ditto. Been there for 15 minutes now.

Edit: And just got it. :lol
The mindworm doesn't strike when he moves to the side. So simple, argh.

Wait, what?
You avoided the worm? I'm quite far into the game and I didn't realise this was possible. I thought that them attaching to you was part of the puzzle?

Tokubetsu

Gowans007 said:
Just as I said that I've got stumped round the 36% mark.

Edit: nah sorted

Maybe you can help me

Crate, lift and see-saw scenario. Got the crate up the lift, can't get it passed the see-saw

Gowans

Tokubetsu said:
Maybe you can help me

Crate, lift and see-saw scenario. Got the crate up the lift, can't get it passed the see-saw
Im in the same predicament :lol

Edit think I have it
handle on the lift

snap0212

Played about 40 minutes of it. I don't find it creepy at all, but it seems like a solid game. Not sure if it's worth the $15, though.

Genesis Knight said:
From what I can tell I'm not sure I want to day1 it. How long do you guys think it will take to be discounted?

Some of last years "Summer of Arcade" games were discounted in the Christmas/January XBL sales

Top Bottom