• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little witch Nobeta |OT| TPS Loli Souls

Your thoughts

• What is this weeb trash?

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Still looks better than Halo Infinite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cute

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Guilty_AI

a2bc62d5df20d019eefd965044341aed92d8e464.jpg

Little Witch Nobeta
Developer: Pupuya Games
Platform: PC (Steam)

Trailer:

Summary:
Little Witch Nobeta is a game being developed by Taiwanese Pupuya games in collaboration with SimonCreative.
The development started around July 2017 in an completely independent manner, before finally releasing an Early Access version on Steam in 24 jun 2020.
In the game you control Nobeta, a witch who goes on to explore a mysterious castle in search of the truth about herself.
The game controls largely as a third person shooter, with Nobeta shooting magic from her wand as her main means of attack. She can also run, jump, dive roll and attack physically with her wand.

As of 20 August, the EA version of the game has managed to sell 150000 copies on Steam and reach "Overwhelmingly positive" user reviews on the platform, with players praising its fun combat mechanics, great soundtrack, low pricetag for the package and of course its cute protagonist.

Gameplay:

Steam page:

Demo:
Itch io
(also available on its Steam page)

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Announcement:

Roadmap:
e403783441618aace7fed0e7a73702d0da2dd020.png

Release:
7180569f2c103e63bb38e9d1dbf5e8726fd38e56.jpg

Content developed so far:

2d8937a8690b2932d0acbff8ce1398afff8389d7.png

Additional notes:

*Devs won't release scattered content, next big update will be the full game
*Planned Playstation and Switch release

Last edited:
Now lets pray our CCP overlords don't randomly decide to cancel this game for being taiwanese.
I remember checking this out in one of your posts from weeks ago, the one where you listed 4-5 indie games.

I doubt China would bother fucking with this game unless it's somehow a direct threat to Genshin Impact.

Anyway, hoping it'll support Switch-specific features and run well.

Guilty_AI

I remember checking this out in one of your posts from weeks ago, the one where you listed 4-5 indie games.

I doubt China would bother fucking with this game unless it's somehow a direct threat to Genshin Impact.

Anyway, hoping it'll support Switch-specific features and run well.
Its not about competition, they just have a historic of harassing stuff related to Taiwan for the smallest reasons.
There was that thing with Devotion, as well as hololive banning vtubers for daring to show a Taiwanese flag.

Its not about competition, they just have a historic of harassing stuff related to Taiwan for the smallest reasons.
There was that thing with Devotion, as well as hololive banning vtubers for daring to show a Taiwanese flag.
Devotion is something else entirely, CCP didn't fuck with Detention prior to that AFAIK.

Not too clear about the Hololive incident, I'll go do a quick read up on it.

Edit: I think I have a rough idea of the Hololive incident. 3 weeks suspension for two very popular Vtubers who brought up Taiwan while revealing analytics. Seems like Hololive left China recently after realising they don't need that money? Kiryu Coco still hitting the top spot after returning, so I suppose things turned out well ultimately.

Anyway I just remembered there's another Taiwanese game called Dusk Diver that released fine. My point is, we don't need to get preemptively paranoid about Chinese tendrils mucking things up simply because they're made in Taiwan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom