• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Thoraxes

Alright, I just wanted to give a big grin and round of hugs to the people in charge of the creative vision and music composition of World 4.

That stuff was amazing, and I had a shit-eating grin on my face the whole time :D

hyogen

Neo Member
that's disappointing to hear you can't do adhoc - and that wifi play is laggy... :(

I thought this was supposed to work seamlessly with PS3 levels even... how do you play with ps3 players then? Only certain levels?

I hope the game will be on PSN tonight at midnight...with the 10% discount for digital AND preorder bonuses

Skyzard

Banned
that's disappointing to hear you can't do adhoc - and that wifi play is laggy... :(

I thought this was supposed to work seamlessly with PS3 levels even... how do you play with ps3 players then? Only certain levels?

I hope the game will be on PSN tonight at midnight...with the 10% discount for digital AND preorder bonuses

Think you might be confusing it with the cross-controller feature LBP2 was showing off? AFAIK there are no crossover maps or levels.. The 'cross-' things are getting a little confusing :/

It wont.

Mondriaan

I've completed my first level, Mine Mania (PSN=billsmugs) I'd put an lbp.me link, but Vita levels don't seem to show up yet? I'd welcome any feedback/advice/bug reports to help me improve future levels. It's just a short little platformer level, with some touch stuff.
You have to go to vita.lbp.me instead of lbp.me.

Jonnyram

Man, I'm playing this slowly, but I just finished the second world last night.
LOVED IT to bits.
The atmosphere, the voices, the music. Incredible.

I tried to get into LBP1, but it didn't really grab me. I have more time for my Vita though, and playing this is really paying off. Hearing music from Plone and Plaid during that second world really gave me a buzz.

VanWinkle

I know this is kind of off-topic, but can anybody who has LBP 2 try seeing if the servers are working for them? This game has made me want to return to LBP 2 since I haven't played it in probably a year, but it keeps getting a server error. Thanks in advance.

Aced all the levels. Now to Ace 10 in a row, do the arcade and collect all the prize bubbles (which seems hard). After that it's non-stop Create Mode.

I just wanted to say this game alone made the Vita worth it for me.

I have gotten my enjoyment out of it! Can't wait for great user generated RPGs

KalBalboa

Banned
Just made out like a bandit on Sorting Panic:

8022271391_99335f1c6a.jpg

This will definitely be the first LBP game I go back and try to 100%, but the community options and challenges are definitely going to keep me preoccupied for a while.

So pumped for this. Can't wait till tomorrow.

C'mon Tarsier, restore my love for LBP after the atrocities that were LBP PSP and LBP2.

Mik2121

Got the Vita and LBP this morning! I'm at work but I took it to the bathroom and played through one level lol. It looks AMAZING. Damn! The screenshots were neat, but seeing it on that screen... damn! Can't wait to be able to create my own stuff...

hyogen

Neo Member
Think you might be confusing it with the cross-controller feature LBP2 was showing off? AFAIK there are no crossover maps or levels.. The 'cross-' things are getting a little confusing :/

ah, i see. oh well... maybe if super successful they'll make a LBP 2 for vita--maybe make it a lot more compatible with PS3 version.

Super happy the devs have at least made the costumes all backwards compatible up to this point.

ah...well, i'll be happy if it's discounted right at launch and I can get the bonuses :) the preorder people kinda got screwed here right?

Donkey Show, a quick question:

Do we need to get 3 stars on all the minigames too to get the 100% prize bubbles trophy?

Because they can be pretty hard.

Noi

Donkey Show, a quick question:

Do we need to get 3 stars on all the minigames too to get the 100% prize bubbles trophy?

Because they can be pretty hard.

If it's anything like LBP2, yes. For the sake of my sanity though, I hope they don't.
KuGsj.gif

this is my first LBP game and im really loving it. Bought it digitally because of the create mode and will want to hope in now and then to see the user created stuff. The single player game is really fun (better than I was expecting) and the way the coop works seems really good as well. Playing with one random all the way through world 3 and 4 I think it was. Good fun. I like that there is a lot of replayability on there as well with have to go back with the right stickers, ace levels, mini games and the arcade world.

Tried a few user created levels and there seems to be a LOT of potential here for once people have really got stuck into it and make full blown games.

I noticed something odd that I cant tell if I am meant to be able to do or not. Basically if you go into your pod you can actually placed stickers and decorations on your character. For example I took a light beam and placed it on my dudes hand so he is carrying a light saber. You then go into the character editor and save it and ya done. Should open up HUGE potential for character creation as well. Im just not sure if you are meant to be able to do it due to the fiddly way in which it has to be done.

I noticed something odd that I cant tell if I am meant to be able to do or not. Basically if you go into your pod you can actually placed stickers and decorations on your character. For example I took a light beam and placed it on my dudes hand so he is carrying a light saber. You then go into the character editor and save it and ya done. Should open up HUGE potential for character creation as well. Im just not sure if you are meant to be able to do it due to the fiddly way in which it has to be done.

That's been there since LBP1. :)

I was getting super slow network activity last night while in the game. For example, trying to load up the "Cool Levels" took at least a minute. Everything was slow to load from their network.

Please tell me I was not alone in experiencing this.

Sintoid

I was getting super slow network activity last night while in the game. For example, trying to load up the "Cool Levels" took at least a minute. Everything was slow to load from their network.

Please tell me I was not alone in experiencing this.

There was a PSN problem, now it seems to be solved.
I played a couple of levels online with random players... No lag and quite quick joining... This is the perfect Little big planet experience

just completed the story mode on my lunch break and I really enjoyed it. Still got almost all the mini games and arcade games to go, let alone the user created stuff that should be coming out for a long time. Just a must have as digital purchase for me.

Has something been up with the digital version? I remember looking last week and it wasn't up even though it was meant to be. I then got home from a stag doo on sunday and downloaded it. I then looked on the store later that day and noticed it had gone again (only the network pass was there just like the week before)?

Anyway, great game... cant compare to previous ones though as I never had a PS3

Sure you can.

Yep, it will keep all your stats intact.

Yes, except for those in the Arcade section you will have to get 3 Stars on all mini-games.

okay here's the problem I did a save as, saved it to a new spot on my moon and changed the title too. So yes still?
lol

Caelestis

So I am guessing getting music and materials from the first two games for the creator is impossible here. I wish it'd be put up in the PSN store for sale at least. :/

So Cool Levels is now about to be flooded by shit levels by people going for trophies. Dropped my hard work (albeit short) level to the second page. Eff that.

Letep

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that you could check total play time via the lbp.me site.

Where's the section for this on vita.lbp.me?

JABEE

I just downloaded the demo and it showed up under my Vita full game file, but now the game is starting at the beginning.

Grisby

Is the US store not fully up yet? I swear I have more downloaded stuff then what's showing up as 'free'.

Can't find the limited t-shirt either. Only the one from LBP2's launch.

Top Bottom