• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Mik2121

Has there been any talk about ad-hoc being added sometime down the line? A friend at work bought the game today (I bought it yesterday) and another friend is buying it tomorrow... it would be amazing if we could play via ad-hoc with barely any lag, rather than all 3 of us having to connect to the office wifi and play from there, which is most likely going to generate some lag... :(

Anyone know a safe, reputable place to buy PSN cards online from outside the US? Best Buy has been sold out for months, Amazon doesn't sell them anymore at all, and Gamestop is refusing to accept my card :p

Best Buy is sold out? How is that even possible? You're buying the codes right? The ones they send you by email and not the actual cards. I can see them running out of the cards (which seem pretty pointless), but not the codes.

Last time I bought codes was for VF5 and had no problems, though that probably was a few months ago.

SmithnCo

Yeah, I don't have the preorder costumes in my store. The voucher only gave me the online pass even though it said it was for the costumes. ;(

Chris_C

Best Buy is sold out? How is that even possible? You're buying the codes right? The ones they send you by email and not the actual cards. I can see them running out of the cards (which seem pretty pointless), but not the codes.

Last time I bought codes was for VF5 and had no problems, though that probably was a few months ago.

Yup, and I'm not sure how it's possible either. It's been that way for a couple of months though. A quick check on the page comments shows I'm not alone. Bit of a bummer. I suppose I'll have to wait till the weekend to get a PSN card.

Can anyone say whether or not the demo saves your progress and lets you pick up from there when you unlock the full game?

I think it was just form sites like Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop. The online pass wording is apparently a mistake and it does not include the costumes.

Sucks!! Anyway love the game finished it today. I was a little sceptical at first about another LBP but it is so wonderful on the Vita. Time to go back and find all the prizes I'm missing.

Wanny

I don't know about you guys but I'm still VERY impressed with graphics. It's light years better than PS3 versions.

daviyoung

Banned
It's a beautiful game, but I think a lot of that comes from the screen size. The sackboy models are actually quite basic when viewed up close, like in the pod.

VanWinkle

I don't know about you guys but I'm still VERY impressed with graphics. It's light years better than PS3 versions.

Wait what? The PS3 games both definitely look better. I have played them all in the last couple of days. It still looks great, is way ahead of the PSP version, and its awesome that it looks as close as it does to the PS3 games.

W1SSY

So I picked this up last night and played for a couple hours and love it. I played through the tutorial world and one or two levels into the next section. Then I tried the arcade area and did a user level. I played the Cows on a Biplane user level and was amazed at how someone had made that so quick. For reference, my last LBP was the first and in that you would have been unable to make that game.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Got my DD version, looks, sounds and plays great. I think it looks better than the PS3 version, better AA with the small screen.

I thought I could use my PS3 costume with this version, or was that LBP Karting?

I purchased a second vita so I could play LBP local multiplayer with my son, but it seems it does not allow local multiplayer. Is there any chance of a patch later on which might enable local multiplayer? If not, I am going to return the second vita.

hyogen

Neo Member
woot, everything works finally - just had to complete like the first 4 or 5 levels in the first world.

i bought digital yesterday and got the Bioshock and knights of old costumes :D

there are several costumes which I know aren't up on the store yet....like Street Fighter.... sacktue of liberty, Valentines and St. Paddy's day costumes... I"m sure those will be added in time :D

I can't believe how awesome this game looks and plays on the Vita. A console seller for sure if marketed well enough. LBP is what made me buy a ps3 in the first place :D

Vitacat

I purchased a second vita so I could play LBP local multiplayer with my son, but it seems it does not allow local multiplayer. Is there any chance of a patch later on which might enable local multiplayer? If not, I am going to return the second vita.

Probably not gonna happen. From things I've read, people at Sony don't seem to think ad-hoc local multi is valuable. Many would disagree, but then who cares what customers think. Surely not Sony.

Probably not gonna happen. From things I've read, people at Sony don't seem to think ad-hoc local multi is valuable. Many would disagree, but then who cares what customers think. Surely not Sony.

if they not care they should actually make the online work right. other than lol get a better router/modem and ISP.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
It should be there. I'll double check tomorrow and if there isn't I'll get in touch with store team.

PS: What store are you looking at?

In next month's Achieve Trophies thread on GAF (going up Monday next week) I will post a list of people with their level who will want to get the "Your level was played by 50 different people" trophy. I'll probably post it here too, so if anyone wants to be on that list, we can make something happen. Should be great to check out other GAFfers levels as well.

Takao

Banned

Cyrus doesn't speak for the whole of SCE lol

Sorc3r3r

Finished.
Best Lbp for me, i have to repeat myself but this is goty material, it will be ignored cause it is on a handheld, but great work guys, your game gave me the best fun i have had this year on a videogame, and i have played a LOT of videogames. ^_^

I have seen that some of my favourite creators are already on this one too, more fun incoming!

Mondriaan

In next month's Achieve Trophies thread on GAF (going up Monday next week) I will post a list of people with their level who will want to get the "Your level was played by 50 different people" trophy. I'll probably post it here too, so if anyone wants to be on that list, we can make something happen. Should be great to check out other GAFfers levels as well.
Yes, post it here as well. I think asking for a vita.lbp.me link should be enough.

$1.99 for a costume is insane though.

$1.99 for a set of 3 or something would make sense, but $1.99 for one seems unreal.

Or am I just nuts?

Gah forgot to check the store last night to see what costumes I could transfer!

$1.99 for a set of 3 or something would make sense, but $1.99 for one seems unreal.

Or am I just nuts?

Those are the licensed ones right? I don't remember if they were all that expensive.

Besides pay costumes there have been a lot of free costumes too.

My level hit 5000 plays huzzah!
Working on the sewer version is taken a little while because of test but it's coming along. It'll be just as shoddy but dammit I don't care this level is for me and Spider-man lovers =D

So is there no spacesuit? I thought it was going to be available again.

It should be there. I'll double check tomorrow and if there isn't I'll get in touch with store team.

PS: What store are you looking at?

For the record im in the US and the Spacesuit does not appear in my LBP Store or on the PS Store App on my Vita.

I had to use my PS3, go to the LBP1 section, find the space suit, download it, then go to my Vita, go to the download list and download it from there. Some people said it was in there Vita stores/ LBP Vita Stores but I assume that's because they had downloaded it before.

Gah forgot to check the store last night to see what costumes I could transfer!

Those are the licensed ones right? I don't remember if they were all that expensive.

Besides pay costumes there have been a lot of free costumes too.

Yeah, they are licensed ones. I guess the free or cheaper ones are not up yet!

On a less complainy note - I am playing this Honey level and it is amazing. It's in the Dev's Choice area I think.

Wanny

Wait what? The PS3 games both definitely look better. I have played them all in the last couple of days. It still looks great, is way ahead of the PSP version, and its awesome that it looks as close as it does to the PS3 games.

Anti-Aliasing and less framerate drops makes it much better. And that OLED.

My old HDTV is probably crap these days tho. Hence why I don't game on it much anymore.

KalBalboa

Banned

Or am I just nuts?

Sometimes they do sales, but usually the licensed costumes are a little expensive. $5.99 for four costumes with interchangable parts seems fair enough, but it's when you do ~$2 for one costume that it seems outrageous.

Though this was worth every penny of my hard-earned $1.99.

ghostbuster2.jpg

That nametag.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
For the record im in the US and the Spacesuit does not appear in my LBP Store or on the PS Store App on my Vita.

I had to use my PS3, go to the LBP1 section, find the space suit, download it, then go to my Vita, go to the download list and download it from there. Some people said it was in there Vita stores/ LBP Vita Stores but I assume that's because they had downloaded it before.
Interesting, I thought I saw it when I checked it on the Vita of my American colleague this morning. Will chase!

Congrats on the 5000. :)

Interesting, I thought I saw it when I checked it on the Vita of my American colleague this morning. Will chase!

Congrats on the 5000. :)

Thanks! Oh and for for the Studio Picks, can you talk to who needs to be talked to add more please? Cool levels has tons of great levels (excluding mine which is terrible) that are being destroyed by the p4p levels for people chasing trophies. I know a bunch have dropped 2 pages or more and have been replaced by those ...things- at least if they're on the picks page they'll get some exposure.

You probably did, did he download it before from LBP1/LBP2 Launch? Thats the only common denominator I've seen with people who have it and those who dont. This was my first time downloading it and it didnt appear on my store.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A Capacitor for Evil in Jackpot City: Aced. Top 50%/25% and I think 2% (which is a pin and not a trophy but let me bask) in story levels for a scoreboard GET.

Oh, yeah, fear my touch and dodging lasers and laser ball skillz

If you ace the level you can easily get the top 50%/25% trophies and 2% pin because 8,000 is the max you can get and you can get the 8,000 so long as you don't die/ace the level. Pretty easy... until everyone aces the level anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, how are you supposed to get the LBP.me pin(s)? I've logged in and hearted players on both versions of the site and no pin given. :/

Top Bottom