• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

Yeah. Can you launch directly from the site on Vita into a level? I don't think that's the case, but something like that would help spread levels around more quickly, I think. Even adding direct level-links in the Live Area would be smart.

Does Sound Shapes support that?

wasn't there QR codes in the work?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Final fantasy 7, Marvel Hero pack. Those are DLC costumes.

They're getting easy plays from people stupid to realize that they can't get them that way. That's why. In fact, I should totally do that for the 50 unique players trophy. Would be faster than begging people here to P4P. >_>

you guys using this link? http://vita.lbp.me/

Yes, even while online and no hearted player, no LBP.me pins. It's funky.

I was sad to see that the Sly Cooper costume isn't on the store. I bought it for LBP2 a while back, and wanted to use it while playing LBP Vita. Hopefully, they add the costume later on.

yay. finally they email me my vest code.

LBP_Vest_Slice_images_LittleBigPlanet_Vest_170.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
I know I'm going through this really slowly, but the level in the 2nd world where you get the touch-guided missle helmet was so, so awesome.

PS- I have not been able to successfully join a single person to play the first set of levels with yet. Either they haven't unlocked MP yet or they refuse to let me join. I got in with someone once but it was unplayably laggy (which may have been on my end).

Mik2121

Aww the Japanese sales. :(
Yeah.. that's the sad thing. Almost nobody here knew it was even going to get released, but I've shown it to a 5 workmates, and out of them 2 own a Vita, and both of them are buying this game...

So yeah, I think if they even bothered making ads for the game, it would be way better (I don't know the actual sales, but I guess they were horrible).

Yeah.. that's the sad thing. Almost nobody here knew it was even going to get released, but I've shown it to a 5 workmates, and out of them 2 own a Vita, and both of them are buying this game...

So yeah, I think if they even bothered making ads for the game, it would be way better (I don't know the actual sales, but I guess they were horrible).

must have fired JP Marketing team too.

I'm watching the X-Factor (come at me bro) and a segment of it with Simon Cowell on a golf cart had the music from the opening credits of LBP1 playing. I can't seem to find it on YouTube but it's pretty recognizable.

I think it's the first time I've heard video game music used outside of video games or video game related media (unless you count those gas stations that use the Sonic coin sound).

Grisby

I'm watching the X-Factor (come at me bro) and a segment of it with Simon Cowell on a golf cart had the music from the opening credits of LBP1 playing. I can't seem to find it on YouTube but it's pretty recognizable.

I think it's the first time I've heard video game music used outside of video games or video game related media (unless you count those gas stations that use the Sonic coin sound).
Is it this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgZqTGZRqI

LBP does use some licensed music from time to time.

So going through the tutorials I learnt about the capture tool. Can i use this to capture objects and creations in the single player game for use in my level?

Is it this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THgZqTGZRqI

LBP does use some licensed music from time to time.

I don't think so, but maybe. You know when you boot up LBP1 for the first time and you run through a simple platform stage while the credits pop up, and it's a light tutorial? I think that's the one they used. Though that one makes sense to be a licensed song, because why write a song only to use it once for 2 minutes?

Ken

Can't decide between this and Little King Story. I have LBP1 and 2 but never played a LKS game before...but this seems like the better game. @_@

Foxix Von

Wow I'm watching the credits roll right now and... just, wow. This game was incredible. The only shortcoming was that maybe it felt a little short although that might be because I basically plowed through it and could't put this down.

I can't think of another handheld game that even contends with it for a handheld title of the year. I think the only thing I might have enjoyed as much lately was Dragon's Dogma. I hope this doesn't get overlooked come GOTY season :(

The level design was consistently impressive, the music wonderful, and a visual delight. Honestly the cut scenes frequently fooled me into thinking they were pre rendered. It was just so much fun. I barely even touched any of the mini games either, there's still so, so, so much to do in here. The vita's killer app right here. No one should miss out on it.

leroidys

Can't decide between this and Little King Story. I have LBP1 and 2 but never played a LKS game before...but this seems like the better game. @_@

This is surely the better game, but honestly I would recommend LKS for the fact that it will be original for you. LKS is one of my top 5 wii games, and though I loved LBP2, LBP vita doesn't really bring anything new to the table. It is, however, the most refined/best implemented iteration of the same concept.

get LKS. you can let LBP do it's own thing. it'll sell slowly but LKS is a game you need to support honestly.

I'll have to try it. I tried your level, it was fun.

Hmm do you think it needs to be harder? More swinging? Less Swinging? Different approach? The level im working on now is going to be harder but I was going to focus on a mix of bouncing and swing to get a more spiderman effect with a semblance of a story since it's hard to use the tools sometimes >.<

Arksy

I'd love a proper sack boy avatar. If anyone could post a bunch up for us gaffers that'd be great. I'm completely graphically illiterate otherwise I would've loved to have a go.

TheSeks

How is the story mode completion time calculated? Can you go for the 3 hours beaten pin later on? Donkey? Other dude that works with Donkey?

Because I'm half-speeding (for it) and half-getting items in the process and worry I am not going to hit the 3 hour limit and am going to be pissed if I have to delete my save and rerush through a tutorial for it. :|

Toki767

Just beat the second world. The one thing that I really hate about playing LBP is my desire to ace a level before moving on to the next one.

The Odd Rocket is awesome though. Best thing to happen to the series since the grappling hook in 2.

Noi

yay. finally they email me my vest code.

LBP_Vest_Slice_images_LittleBigPlanet_Vest_170.jpg

Had a friend who was in the beta graceful enough to give me his vest code, hooray.

Still haven't played the game with someone from here though. :(

How is the story mode completion time calculated? Can you go for the 3 hours beaten pin later on? Donkey? Other dude that works with Donkey?

Because I'm half-speeding (for it) and half-getting items in the process and worry I am not going to hit the 3 hour limit and am going to be pissed if I have to delete my save and rerush through a tutorial for it. :|

It's likely cumulative. Like, if you took 5 hours to beat the story but went back and did a stage much better, it'd apply the new stage time for the whole thing.

Yopis

Wow a friend bought this the other day. Really only played first lbp on ps3. This game is amazing would buy right now but want a physical copy. Will grab this in the morning for sure. Demo and full game are great gonna burn this hard tomorrow on my off time.

Kurod

Banned
Aww. I just noticed that my Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Toro costumes can't be downloaded for the vita version :(

leroidys

Aww. I just noticed that my Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Toro costumes can't be downloaded for the vita version :(

Toro and Ico pack makes me the saddest.

Also, it thinks I do not own the MGS pack, but I have the GOTY edition that included them, and they carried over to LBP2 just fine. Would be super lame if I actually had to buy the costume pack AGAIN just to use them in LBPV.

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
All DLC costumes will be available before the end of the year.

Do not repurchase content you already own! The issue where it asks you to pay again for content you already own is being looked at right now.

So going through the tutorials I learnt about the capture tool. Can i use this to capture objects and creations in the single player game for use in my level?

Nope. Only in create mode can you use the capture tool.

The music sequencer / editor was horribly designed. How do you draw notes? How do you erase them?

On the sequencer when you place a note, you can extend or shorten the note by selecting it and pressing either up or down on the left analog stick to do so. To erase, just press triangle on the note after selecting it. Tools placed on a normal sequencer work the same way.

I'll ask. :)

Syroc

Tarsier Studios

It's based on your best time in each level.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
PuppetMaster said:
This game is shockingly good looking for a Vita game.
It is the only Vita game I have been impressed with at a technical level
You tried VT4? ;)
But I agree - it looks brilliant - I'd argue it's beating PS3 games in areas (especially the IQ). And the content is incredibly polished, possibly the best looking platformer I've seen to date.

TheSeks

Syroc said:
It's based on your best time in each level.

Can you check that in-game or at the LBP.me site? If not, I guess re-rushing through the levels isn't so bad compared to having to delete the save to reget it. So there's a silver lining there.

Top Bottom