• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

KalBalboa

Banned
Just hit the 50% mark for the trophies in the game while bored at the office today.

The incidental/goofy trophies in this game are great consolation prized when you fail to try and Ace a level only to realize scratching a vinyl record gives you a bronze.

Toki767

Made it to the last world. I've been acing every level before moving on to the next though. Can't decide on my favorite level thus far, but there have been quite a few really enjoyable ones.

Paznos

I got this game a couple of days ago and I'm in love it with it. It's probably the best version of LBP I've played I hope it does well and gets more people to buy the system.

Grinchy

Banned
lol I can't believe I didn't know you could rotate the pieces in the tetris stacking minigame. I thought you had to try to stack each random piece on top of each other however they came out. I actually got 2 stars doing it that way somehow, but now I just feel stupid.

lol I can't believe I didn't know you could rotate the pieces in the tetris stacking minigame. I thought you had to try to stack each random piece on top of each other however they came out. I actually got 2 stars doing it that way somehow, but now I just feel stupid.
OMG, you can rotate them? :O I got 3 stars the hard way then.

wait what... LOL.

Haha, I'm sure everyone who figured that out went like this...

UmpOi.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not a preorder costume. It's only available if you did a certain amount of bug testing during the beta.

I know I'll never get that one, but give me the beta vest, plz? T_T I never get into any of the betas and the one I did get into (LBP1 closed beta) didn't give that outfit out. T_T

jiggles

Banned
Good stuff, I hope more people play this! It might be nice to have a small window of time before the clock starts ticking (to get ready), but it's not a big deal either way.

Thanks!

Do you mean while it's randomising the pattern, or simply at the very beginning?

I can put in a "Start Game" button really easy, but stopping the timer mid game is a little trickier, because the only things I can do with the setup is speed it up and reset it, while the timer completing ends the game.

The time bar lasts 4 seconds at top speed (level 10), and the randomisation always takes 2 seconds, so the shortest you ever get is 2 seconds, which nobody will last long on (and you're not supposed to, it's the highest level!) but it's *just* possible and nets you 200 points per match.

Thanks!

Do you mean while it's randomising the pattern, or simply at the very beginning?

I can put in a "Start Game" button really easy, but stopping the timer mid game is a little trickier, because the only things I can do with the setup is speed it up and reset it, while the timer completing ends the game.

The time bar lasts 4 seconds at top speed (level 10), and the randomisation always takes 2 seconds, so the shortest you ever get is 2 seconds, which nobody will last long on (and you're not supposed to, it's the highest level!) but it's *just* possible and nets you 200 points per match.

Yeah, a "start game" button is all I had in mind, nothing fancier than that. The first time I played, it threw me off a little that I had to *immediately* start matching as soon as the level loaded. It's just nice to have that extra bit of breathing room.

Grisby

Wow. Has anyone had this happen before? I was trying out some queued levels for the first time and one of the levels was pretty shitty as it just spawned me either on or near a finish gate.

Ok, whateves but then the game didn't take me back to the queue menu but kept throwing me into more levels, each time on a gate causing it to finish. It was a different background each time and I couldn't quit out. Had to completely close the game.

I didn't notice if it was a the same author of the levels but I had had enough after about 4 of them. Was crazy.

jiggles

Banned
Yeah, a "start game" button is all I had in mind, nothing fancier than that. The first time I played, it threw me off a little that I had to *immediately* start matching as soon as the level loaded. It's just nice to have that extra bit of breathing room.

Alrighty. I'm putting some nicer visuals in and changing some of the scoring and levelling, so I'll add a title screen or a countdown or something too.

Is that you with the 8k+ score? Because holy fucking SHIT. D:

Hazelhurst

I tried to buy LBP through my Vita, but could not add funds. This same thing happened when Mortal Kombat (Vita version) came out. I had to keep trying on my PS3. I could finally buy it after about two weeks via PS3. I hate this bug.

I'll try again on Sunday using my PS3, giving it over 24 hours from the last try.

I'm using a PlayStation credit card with zero balance. This has never worked on my Vita.

Anyone able to buy this on their Vita using the PlayStation credit card?

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there any way to upload and stickerize a picture from your photo album?

You can't do that, because that would open the path for a ridiculous amount of copyright issues. Not to mention than a handful of imported high-res pictures could overheat your thermo.

What you can do is take picture of anything using the in-game Take a Photo tool.

So I'm still going through the tutorials, and making test beds of my cyberpunk inspired level, im just not sure about the gameplay parts. Do I keep make it a platformer, add enemies or just a pleasant and scenic walk through the bowels of the Sprawl.

magawolaz

Syroc, do you think it's possible to make the loading screen black instead of white?
At least during late hours?
I can't stare at the screen in a dark room :lol

Haha, I turn down the brightness of the screen when I play in the evening. :)

Sorry to trouble you, but I saw a trophy with something to do with a photo (Not putting one in a level, I tried changing my level creator badge to a photo) so how do you "upload a photo?"

I am really loving the game. I completed the main story on Thursday, the best LBP Game yet, and in my opinion, the best handheld game yet.
Now to try and make something to get the create trophies!

TheSeks

Sorry to trouble you, but I saw a trophy with something to do with a photo (Not putting one in a level, I tried changing my level creator badge to a photo) so how do you "upload a photo?"

Pop-it, stickers, phototab->upload to servers/internet.

Also I want full BUTTON CONTROL in the game and the ability to turn off back touch. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Pop-it, stickers, phototab->upload to servers/internet.

Also I want full BUTTON CONTROL in the game and the ability to turn off back touch. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Thank you!
Does anyone else ever get unresponsive touch controls on LBP Vita? It may be my PS Vita in general, as turning it off/on sorts the issue.

Mik2121

Thank you!
Does anyone else ever get unresponsive touch controls on LBP Vita? It may be my PS Vita in general, as turning it off/on sorts the issue.

I also get somewhat unresponsive touch controls on the game too. Mainly when using the blue blocks that you move with your finger. Sometimes they work fine, but many times I have to slide my finger a bunch of times before it registers it. It feels less responsive than games on the iPhone, and dunno if it's the hardware or the software issue...

magawolaz

Yes, it happened a couple of times to me as well.

Haha, I turn down the brightness of the screen when I play in the evening. :)
I have it at minimum but it's still too bright lol
I guess it's Vita's screen to be too bright. But a dark-blue/dark-green loading screen wouldn't hurt :b

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I think it's a Vita thing, because I've had the touch problem happen from time to time ever since I bought it. I guess the system just needs a full power off and restart occasionally or it starts getting confused.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah I think it's a Vita thing, because I've had the touch problem happen from time to time ever since I bought it. I guess the system just needs a full power off and restart occasionally or it starts getting confused.

Yes it has happened to me before as well on different games - restarting fixes it.

=-==-=-=

Has anyone managed to update their downloaded levels (using update all) without crashing instantly?

U2NUMB

Ya know.. I bought LB1 and 2 on the PS3... played them for maybe an hour and never went back to them. Something about having this type of game in the palm of my hand has me playing it far more and WANTING to play it. The community levels blow me away already.

Thanks to the impressions in this thread which got me to give the LBP universe one more try!

Skyzard

Banned
^ 'Palm of your hands' effect is quite strong with the vita for me too. I run LBPV everyday, was put off by the first lbp pretty quickly...It may have quite a bit to do with the downloading levels as quite often it takes so long to try out a new level - feels like a bug though as other times it can be super quick...

It's bugged. Don't use it right now.

THANK YOU! first confirmation in about a week ;) was about to re-downlod the game, cheers.

TheSeks

Well, the ending was a bit anti-climatic. I thought I had one or two more worlds left. Suddenly end-boss time. Died like three times in frustration because it wasn't obvious that
you grab the bombs
and the first part is COMPLETELY LUCK BASED when you beat the first round only for it to
start to destroy the flooring. Good luck being able to cross a four-shot gap when there's no ability to swing or you start to swing only for it to shoot and have you hit the gap
. :|

Now to build levels and hope suckers play them for the 50 unique plays
because I can't make millions of accounts like I did the other two LBPs for this trophy. T_T Y U PUNISH US NON-CREATORS MM/OTHER DEVS T_T

Edit: Holy shit, these credits are LONGCAT IS LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

Miburou

Bought LBP1, got LBP2 for free (via PS+). Only played the first one and thought as a platformer it was ok. Never built anything, and only checked out some of the community levels. By all accounts I shouldn't really buy this one, but for some reason I find myself wanting to buy this. Maybe out of support for the Vita, or maybe I'm hoping it'll be a much better experience on a handheld.

Guys, guys, I'm not feeling it :(

The emphasis on touch/motion gimmicks is too much, I just wanted a slower paced platformer with amazing level design. Like LBP1.

I'm at the end of the third world. So far the level design has been a mixed bag. First world was fine, second was garbage and this third one is boring with little glimpses of brilliance here and there. Does it get any better?

PM me if anyone want's to play online for those 2X sections.

Mik2121

Guys, guys, I'm not feeling it :(

The emphasis on touch/motion gimmicks is too much, I just wanted a slower paced platformer with amazing level design. Like LBP1.

I'm at the end of the third world. So far the level design has been a mixed bag. First world was fine, second was garbage and this third one is boring with little glimpses of brilliance here and there. Does it get any better?

PM me if anyone want's to play online for those 2X sections.

Don't worry man. You don't need to feel it...

I'm not the biggest fan of touch stuff either but for me in this game it wasn't so bad. As for motion gimmicks, I thought they didn't add that many? Only a couple levels that have those "tilt the Vita to move to the side" thing.

You're in Jackpot City now? I liked most of the levels in the game so I might not be able to help you, but I thought the last world was neat, though it has quite a bit of touch stuff to turn on/off certain obstacles. And the last boss has a couple touch parts, though not too bad.

Anyway, if you don't like those levels, you should at least check out my level(s?) whenever I start making them (quite soon). I wanna keep them as simple as possible and with barely any touch controls except for maybe one or two of those "slide this blue block to create a platform" and that's it. I already finished the game and am halfway through Ace'ing them, so I'll start creating levels after that :D

Massa

Ya know.. I bought LB1 and 2 on the PS3... played them for maybe an hour and never went back to them. Something about having this type of game in the palm of my hand has me playing it far more and WANTING to play it. The community levels blow me away already.

Thanks to the impressions in this thread which got me to give the LBP universe one more try!

I loved the original LBP for the charming novel game that it was. I also got LBP2 for free and barely made any progress at all, game just didn't click with me.

This one? This is the best game on the Vita. Probably my favorite game this year. The game has all that LBP charm but the level design is fantastic. Controls work perfectly too.

Top Bottom