• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

oh my. that may be too tall an order for me. I suck with the editor.

should be simple. create set pieces and spawn them in. There's efficient ways to do it. or you can use music editor ;P

All these tutorials are making my head spin. x_x All I want to do is build a level and get 50 plays from people. Why you gotta punish me, Tarser. :(

you just want the tutorial trophy? lol i don't think there's much new from there.

Mik2121

Hey, finally finished my first level for LPBVITA since my last in LPB1.
It's called "Grappling hook challenge 1".
here are some screenshots

http://vita.lbp.me/v/8603-
(Thx Skyzard)

In-game capture kinda sucks :(.
If people could give me some feedbacks I would appreciate.
Thanks.

Just played your level.

I really liked it, though the framerate went down a bit? It could be the internet connection though, but it didn't feel as smooth as some of the adventure levels.
Otherwise the gameplay was very straightforward so no problems there. The only issue was this area where you have to push one of the sponge things forwards to be able to grab it and then there's this counter that shows how long it's going to take until it goes back. The first time it worked but for some reason the second time I pressed it the bar didn't show up :( Also it might be a bit too fast, but if you wanna make a challenging level, I guess it's fine as it is.

Visual-wise it looked really neat though you might want to give it some variation. Maybe change the lighting mid-game or the have the purple lights change to blue or something so it feels like you're advancing through the level. I didn't explain myself very well but hopefully you get the idea.

Anyway, congrats on the level. I really liked it! :)

Raine

Just played your level.

I really liked it, though the framerate went down a bit? It could be the internet connection though, but it didn't feel as smooth as some of the adventure levels.

Nope. This happened to me as well. Even when I downloaded it (not sure if that makes a difference)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's what you get for being a trophy whore. :p

I got Platinum on the other two LBP. I want it on this one. ;___;

Syroc said:
You could just tap the Unlock All button at the bottom of the tutorial list. :)

That doesn't help me get 50 unique suckers players to play my shitty awesome level. :|

That doesn't help me get 50 unique suckers players to play my shitty awesome level. :|

Just post you lbp.vita.me level link here and in the Achieve trophies thread.

P4P all up in this. I might do a crossover post on PS3trophies.org to get more people in on it.

sw1tch

Just played your level.

Otherwise the gameplay was very straightforward so no problems there. The only issue was this area where you have to push one of the sponge things forwards to be able to grab it and then there's this counter that shows how long it's going to take until it goes back. The first time it worked but for some reason the second time I pressed it the bar didn't show up :( Also it might be a bit too fast, but if you wanna make a challenging level, I guess it's fine as it is.

Visual-wise it looked really neat though you might want to give it some variation. Maybe change the lighting mid-game or the have the purple lights change to blue or something so it feels like you're advancing through the level. I didn't explain myself very well but hopefully you get the idea.

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful, I need to optimize some areas to make the framerate better, and I will look for the sponge thing, about variation you are right I didn't think about that.

Sintoid

Do that tutorials and then push your level on VitaGaf, we'll provide all the help you need :D

TheSeks

Oh you wouldn't download a car now, would you?

You wouldn't crap in a policeman's hat, would you?

Edit: *ahem* That "They Came From My Nightmares" level is GLORIOUS. The dude chasing us through the bedroom bit was amazing.

Chris_C

Just paid for a $50 PSN card from Play Asia, really want to get into the game ASAP, wish they sent the codes over instantly!

TheSeks

OMG the Emitters tutorial is hilarious. Made like 100 tomatoes every 1 second. Protip: Don't do that, the game will berate you for doing that. :(

SToRM

I bought this game today. As a big fan of the first 2 games I couldn't resist buying this one.
I have only played a few levels, but I have to say that it looks really good.

sw1tch

Just played your level.

Thanks to the feedback you gived me, I fixed the issue you had with the sponge and added 1sec, I added variation in the visual(3 differents lightnings and 2 "theme") like you suggested, the framerate is now much better 30fps almost everywhere I hope you can check the new version and tell me what do you think about the change I made with your feedback.Thanks!

Chesskid1

Banned
first, i'm not into building levels at all. just seems like a huge commitment.

anyways, i find myself checking for new cool levels almost every day. i pretty much never did this on the ps3 version, it was just too much of a hassle turning on ps3, changing sources, loading game, etc. prolly sound hella lazy but its just so much easier with the vita version.

if i can't find a level, i just try to ace/100% a story level i haven't before. gonna play this game for a long time i imagine.

:)

Grinchy

Banned
Hey, finally finished my first level for LPBVITA since my last in LPB1.
It's called "Grappling hook challenge 1".
here are some screenshots

http://vita.lbp.me/v/8603-
(Thx Skyzard)

In-game capture kinda sucks :(.
If people could give me some feedbacks I would appreciate.
Thanks.

Nice work. I actually got 3rd place on the scoreboard!

I really like the visual design and the gameplay is pretty solid. It's a total nitpick, but I wish the rear touch parts were either more to the left or right of the screen, though. When they're toward the center, it makes it harder to hit them while playing with the button controls at the same time. Again, that's a huge nitpick. Cool level! I hope I can make a cohesive and visually appealing level like this soon.

This one is awesome! I've only played a few community levels so far but I'm really impressed by the quality level already.

TheSeks

I am sad. I can't give out my Sackbot outfit for free so I could get easy 50 plays from suckers. :( Y U NO EASY MODE TARSER. Y U PUNISH US NON-CREATORS? :(

Mik2121

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful, I need to optimize some areas to make the framerate better, and I will look for the sponge thing, about variation you are right I didn't think about that.

Sweet. I'm playing it in 4 hours, as soon as I finish working!. Looking forward to it :)

Mik2121

Alright... I actually brought the Vita with me to the toilet and played through your level, lol.

I like that now the visuals change a bit towards the end, though one thing that threw me off at first was when reaching the blue area, the first sponge thing is light brown and looked a bit like cardboard.. didn't know you could grab it so I died. It's not bad though, but maybe it could be fixed.

The framerate feels a bit better but I think it's still a bit low. I haven't tried much yet but are you using the no-physics stuff? I could see making chunks of levels as non-physics driven and unattached to anything else, making the level lighter. That way it has to stream less content to memory, though I don't know how the streaming works in LBP.

One last thing though it might be too late, is to play a lot of the similar level (forgot the name) in the first world (forgot the name). I think it's the 3rd level or so, the one with the sax icon. It plays amazingly well, and if you do good enough, you can get through the whole level in one single combo, getting MASSIVE amounts of points.

Mik2121

Man, what's up with LittleBigPlanet and the online? It's been bad since LBP1 and it's like they didn't fix it at all, or at least not enough to make any sort of difference... and it's incredibly sad because this time, this is the only way to obtain certain stuff and play with friends.

Why they didn't add AD-HOC being a first party title and all that is quite confusing already, though I guess it was probably because of a lack of time.. but man, the online here just doesn't work as I expected.
I've tried to play with a friend at work for a few days already and no luck. We tried at work and it was so laggy it would keep kicking us off every half minute. Now I'm at home and my friend is at his house and we are trying to play yet it just won't let us connect to each other's place.

Seriously, this is horrible. Otherwise I absolutely love the game, but having to depend on (what seems to be a very weak) network system to play with someone else is just sad. I don't like begging for shit and I know there are many issues (I'm a developer as well) but damnit Tarsier, please, add Adhoc to this game! I just wanna play this with my friends :(

Edit: Also, the news feed still shows empty here. Dunno if it's an issue with the Japanese version or what, but this is just as bad as LBP2's online (which was horrible, at least here in Japan where we have, you know, crazy fast connections...)

(edit. Damn, sorry for the 3 posts in a row)

Syroc

Tarsier Studios
We are actually reviewing the online stuff at the moment and I've forwarded all the requests for Ad-hoc to the right people. Let's what happens.

As for the news feed, I figured out what the issue is today. Basically all the news that are not localised for your account language (not system language) show up as blank. We'll hopefully be able to fix this soon.

Mik2121

Thanks a lot, Syroc. Even if in the end nothing can be done, the fact that you guys are trying at least is great. One thing though, I'm playing with a Japanese copy (on a Japanese Vita) BUT my Vita is set to English and all the text and voices in the game are in English. I've waited for the text to show up but even after 10 minutes, the windows show empty (only the date shows up). Dunno if it matters, but just to let you know...

LuW6x.jpg

i decided to work on a level. haven't bother with it in LBP1/2 just because. but now that it's portable i can do it anytime i want. still hoping they make LBP 1 and 2 items (not DLC) available for LBPV D:

Mik2121

Out of interest, does it look like that for you on LBP2 as well?

Yep, exactly the same.

Edit: I will check tomorrow again just in case. But i remember when I used to play LBP2 a lot (back during release and the following months) it was like this. Maybe they fixed it, dunno.

TheSeks

i decided to work on a level. haven't bother with it in LBP1/2 just because. but now that it's portable i can do it anytime i want. still hoping they make LBP 1 and 2 items (not DLC) available for LBPV D:

Yeah, I can't take my LBP1->2 photo of me in the Heighlast outfit in front of an Heighlast poster in LBPSP2 right now. Y U NO STICKERS. :(

Grinchy

Banned
lol don't you just love when you want to play with some people online and you get "___ refused to let you join" 7 times in a row

Grinchy

Banned
^I like Super Conductor so far. Tapling isn't my favorite.

The community level Lights Out and the one where you fit tetris pieces into the boards might be my favorites though. They are team picks so they're easy to find.

TheSeks

lol don't you just love when you want to play with some people online and you get "___ refused to let you join" 7 times in a row

Some of us want to play, solo. Sorry. I dunno why matchmaking trys to make people that want to play on their own play with others but... :/

TheSeks

OH MY GOD ALL THESE TUTORIALS. *head explodes*

I don't even know how some of this stuff works after doing the tutorials since they don't function even after I do what they say. WTF. :/

Mik2121

OH MY GOD ALL THESE TUTORIALS. *head explodes*

I don't even know how some of this stuff works after doing the tutorials since they don't function even after I do what they say. WTF. :/

What is it that isn't working? Because I also did all the tutorials (even though I did a lot of stuff in LBP and some in LBP2 too) and they all worked fine for me.

Mik2121

Alright guys, need some help with the editor. It used to work fine in LBP2 but for some reason I'm having issues here...

This is what I'm trying to build:

Zeo9L.png

Basically I made a preset floor with spinning cylinders that keep the platforms on top of it moving to the left. I have an emitter on the top right that keeps emitting those parts and they slide, but even though I have it set up to spawn every 0,0 seconds, there's this gap between parts that sort of kill the whole thing...

Ideally, I would like to have a system where the parts get spawned without having them slide on top of spinning cylinders, but I couldn't come up with an idea. I thought about having them without any gravity and then just give them a push when spawning them, but whenever the Sackboy jumps on it they would get affected by that as well and just stop moving.

So... any idea? It used to work fine in LBP2 (the level is actually uploaded, search for Mik2121 and it should be one with a desert theme, I only uploaded 4 or 5 levels tops).

Thanks in advance! :)

Can't you give the platforms themselves a mover or something like that? Similar to how you can turn anything into a flying object that you can control with a controllinator?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Alright guys, need some help with the editor. It used to work fine in LBP2 but for some reason I'm having issues here...

Zeo9L.png

Basically I made a preset floor with spinning cylinders that keep the platforms on top of it moving to the left. I have an emitter on the top right that keeps emitting those parts and they slide, but even though I have it set up to spawn every 0,0 seconds, there's this gap between parts that sort of kill the whole thing...

Ideally, I would like to have a system where the parts get spawned without having them slide on top of spinning cylinders, but I couldn't come up with an idea. I thought about having them without any gravity and then just give them a push when spawning them, but whenever the Sackboy jumps on it they would get affected by that as well and just stop moving.

So... any idea? It used to work fine in LBP2 (the level is actually uploaded, search for Mik2121 and it should be one with a desert theme, I only uploaded 4 or 5 levels tops).

What about having the cylinders of the first floor (the one with the emitter) spinning a bit faster than the other ones so that the emitted platform eventually "collides" with the previously spawned platform?

Mik2121

What about having the cylinders of the first floor (the one with the emitter) spinning a bit faster than the other ones so that the emitted platform eventually "collides" with them?
Ah yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Another idea I had was actually throwing the part with some inertia against the other parts, but to do that I'd have to have the emitter at the same level as the parts themselves. I think your idea is better.

I'll try that, unless someone else comes with a better idea...

Zeo9L.png

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEplXDGqtAM

It's about infinite scrolling, but you can easily apply the logic used there for your conveyor to ensure no gaps, etc.

Ohhh... that was really helpful. I'll check it out at night. I checked parts of it and it seems like the basics will work, though I'll also have to do a lot by myself.

But yeah, thanks a lot!

No prob. :)

If you need more help getting certain things working with logic, etc., one of the designers from Tarsier (comphermc) did a bunch of tutorials in LBP2 that are applicable to Vita create.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LBPlanetorials?feature=CAgQwRs=

TheSeks

What is it that isn't working? Because I also did all the tutorials (even though I did a lot of stuff in LBP and some in LBP2 too) and they all worked fine for me.

Long joints being one. Attach it to the roof and the bunny and it doesn't suspend even after I tweak the "max length" bit.

TheSeks

Very likely you got something wrong. I remember I did at first too.

Well, I followed the tutorial with "attach tab a to slot b and attach tab c to slot d, now tweak and VOILA! SUSPENDED" and no suspended. :|

Zen

Banned
Has anyone played 'They came from my Nightmares', there's so genuinely good directing in that (it's a playable level but not really a platformer, more like a Silent Hill esque experience).

Top Bottom