• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Vita |OT| Touch my sack ... boy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I kinda want to do a coaster level since it's easy plays and should (in theory) be easy to build since it's simply building tracks and the mechanics to level end. But this dude doesn't even get you out of the coaster or end the level/have an end gate. So you basically have to return to pod. I hate these types of levels that have a simple hook but can't even finish the level.

darkwing

I kinda want to do a coaster level since it's easy plays and should (in theory) be easy to build since it's simply building tracks and the mechanics to level end. But this dude doesn't even get you out of the coaster or end the level/have an end gate. So you basically have to return to pod. I hate these types of levels that have a simple hook but can't even finish the level.

hmm I have to queue this to take a look at it

TheSeks

hmm I have to queue this to take a look at it

The coaster loops, so if you sit there it'll come back around. (Problem #1: Being too slow/level plays itself is solved for players)

The problem is he's

1) Using a controlinator (?) to make players sit in the seats instead of the old LBP1 "hold R1/grip for the entire level until the end of the track

and

2) Because the controlinator has no exit, you couldn't get to the level exit gatepost (if he even had one in it) anyway.

So I posted earlier about how Im creating a Blade Runner/Cyberpunk inspired level. Here are some pics of my test bed level. Im using this level to create parts for the main level (cars, trucks, signs and billboards) and testing platform tricks. It probably will not look like this:

Here is street level:

9C78AA16-F621-43F9-8F24-84A2DA1CA2D4-530-0000003B6C82645F.jpg

These are the Blade Runner police cars (that fly)

4360E2D8-7229-42B5-97D9-B6C2F0155ECD-530-0000003B68885F49.jpg

This is the inspiration:

blade_runner_spinner_toy.gif

And this is what I have so far:

DEBCF164-0AE6-43E2-9514-5D212B5036EE-530-0000003B6441A21D.jpg

This is all very preliminary. All those billboard pics take up alot of level space, so the final level will have less of them. :(

Id love some feedback. :)

edit: does anyone spot the Cyberpunk easter eggs?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just tried out the Demo. I like it enough but I don't think I like it all that much yet. I'll keep playing it a bit but the floaty physics are still here. Plus there seem to be a bunch of gimmicks I'm not interested in. I have a feeling that's just because its the start of the game and they're trying to show off Vita implementation.

Either way, if I do snag it, it'll be a digital download for me.

Wanny

Creating levels on LBP Vita is a blast :) There are some many useful options, especially for optimizing levels!

I did create levels in LBP1 and LBP2 beta and Vita is by far the most complete and smoothest creation experience.

Mik2121

So I just aced all the levels.. and that Phobos costume... hahahah what the heck!
I'm a big fan of the Stitchling costume though :)

Please someone send me a LBP picture (MaimTron9000), it is really weird that you cannot continue the story campaign without someone sending you a picture, why did they do this :(

Loving how the game looks for the rest. Does remote play with LBP2 work yet?

Please someone send me a LBP picture (MaimTron9000), it is really weird that you cannot continue the story campaign without someone sending you a picture, why did they do this :(

Loving how the game looks for the rest. Does remote play with LBP2 work yet?

wait what? No you dont. Just take a picture with your vita and then post it

wait what? No you dont. Just take a picture with your vita and then post it

Yeah, no, never mind, just me being retarded. I misunderstood a part of the level where it said you needed a friend to complete it. I just looked at a walkthrough video and found out there was another path to finish the level. It turned out to be just a case of a missing sticker. Just goes to show how little I have played LBP before.

test_account

XP-39C²
Are there any words on how the online works? Sometimes it works just fine, but other times it feels like the guy i'm playing with is on the other side of the world with a 14.4 baud modem. Is it simply because of the ping or does it have something to do with the netcode? Have the developers commented anything on this?

Sh0k

Is there a way to apply the gyro sensor motion from the Vita to an object without using the Controllinator? I want to create a moving platform that moves left or right while tilting the Vita left or right, but so far I can only do it with the Controllinator. Any help will be appreciated!

Is there a way to apply the gyro sensor motion from the Vita to an object without using the Controllinator? I want to create a moving platform that moves left or right while tilting the Vita left or right, but so far I can only do it with the Controllinator. Any help will be appreciated!
You have to use the controlinator, but in its options, set Remote Control to "receive" and then pick the little Sackboy icon that shows up under "receive." That will allow you to use tilt without going into the controlinator, because it will take in the inputs of the nearest player.

TheSeks

You have to use the controlinator, but in its options, set Remote Control to "receive" and then pick the little Sackboy icon that shows up under "receive." That will allow you to use tilt without going into the controlinator, because it will take in the inputs of the nearest player.

What happens if there's multiple players though?

Sh0k

Thanks !

Grinchy

Banned
Am I just blind, or is the Watchmen costume pack not showing up anywhere?

I got the Rorshach costume a while back and would like to use pieces from it.

Hazelhurst

I loved the original LBP for the charming novel game that it was. I also got LBP2 for free and barely made any progress at all, game just didn't click with me.

This one? This is the best game on the Vita. Probably my favorite game this year. The game has all that LBP charm but the level design is fantastic. Controls work perfectly too.

LBP2 is awesome. You're missing out. As soon as I get LBP on Vita I'll see how it compares. I don't see how it can top LBP2.

TheSeks

Am I just blind, or is the Watchmen costume pack not showing up anywhere?

I got the Rorshach costume a while back and would like to use pieces from it.

They'll be coming before the end of the year, IIRC. Not all content is "cross-play" ready yet.

Don't worry man. You don't need to feel it...

I'm not the biggest fan of touch stuff either but for me in this game it wasn't so bad. As for motion gimmicks, I thought they didn't add that many? Only a couple levels that have those "tilt the Vita to move to the side" thing.

You're in Jackpot City now? I liked most of the levels in the game so I might not be able to help you, but I thought the last world was neat, though it has quite a bit of touch stuff to turn on/off certain obstacles. And the last boss has a couple touch parts, though not too bad.

Anyway, if you don't like those levels, you should at least check out my level(s?) whenever I start making them (quite soon). I wanna keep them as simple as possible and with barely any touch controls except for maybe one or two of those "slide this blue block to create a platform" and that's it. I already finished the game and am halfway through Ace'ing them, so I'll start creating levels after that :D

I take some of that back, the boss of Jackpot City was all kinds of awesome.

Wanny

Thanks I'm especially looking for character gameplay and overall feeling comments!
Note that my level is far from complete but I'm already presenting the gameplay so people can have a taste.

Current features:

- Touch menu
- Controls explanation
- Dash move for quick escapes (can escape away from them or push through monsters)
- Quick 180° turn
- EMP Field to make monsters flee from you
- Joystick Aim
- Hud-less design (indicators are on the character : Face blinks when hurt, dash cooldown is yellow bar, EMP cooldown is blue bar, 5 HP bars on helmet)
- Stasis coming soon (freeze monsters)

Will feature :
- Random spawn point system in an arena. It's a survival game.
- Waves to survive. Each two waves will feature new and harder monsters to fight. The more you kill the more you will gain points.
- Medpacks will drop on the field randomly
- Level up feature : faster shooting
- Dark and scary atmosphere

Lots of hardwork to do still :p
http://vita.lbp.me/v/80nzp

Don't be afraid of circuits lol
2012-10-01-111627tmuki.jpg

Letep

So I posted earlier about how Im creating a Blade Runner/Cyberpunk inspired level. Here are some pics of my test bed level. Im using this level to create parts for the main level (cars, trucks, signs and billboards) and testing platform tricks. It probably will not look like this:

Here is street level:

9C78AA16-F621-43F9-8F24-84A2DA1CA2D4-530-0000003B6C82645F.jpg

These are the Blade Runner police cars (that fly)

4360E2D8-7229-42B5-97D9-B6C2F0155ECD-530-0000003B68885F49.jpg

This is the inspiration:

blade_runner_spinner_toy.gif

And this is what I have so far:

DEBCF164-0AE6-43E2-9514-5D212B5036EE-530-0000003B6441A21D.jpg

This is all very preliminary. All those billboard pics take up alot of level space, so the final level will have less of them. :(

Id love some feedback. :)

edit: does anyone spot the Cyberpunk easter eggs?

This is awesome, man. I was contemplating a Blade Runner level myself. This looks really cool.

Grisby

The ice castle fortress level on 'cool levels' is pretty neat. Short but it's got a good flow and a nice aesthetic design. Kind of made me want a LBP castlevania level.

TheSeks

Haha, that level "They Came From My Nightmares" is hilariously twisted.

Queued. Will have to check when I get home.

>>Contest<<

OMG I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. I wanna know more about that ULBP outfit. >:|

I'll never get those 50 unique players can you tell? T_T

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Hey, finally finished my first level LPBVITA since my last in LPB1.
It's called "Grappling hook challenge 1".
here are some screenshots

In-game capture kinda sucks :(.
If people could give me some feedbacks I would appreciate.
Thanks.

Looks awesome, got a LBP.me link?

lots of moving grappling to give that illusion you are constantly going forward all with different height grabby thing and get some flying obstacles as well. that's it for your grapple section ;P

oh my. that may be too tall an order for me. I suck with the editor.

TheSeks

All these tutorials are making my head spin. x_x All I want to do is build a level and get 50 plays from people. Why you gotta punish me, Tarser. :(

Top Bottom