• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwu8991

Banned
Bru said:
What a surprise, JD sports looted in the Manchester Arndale. Also had a text from a WPC friend who's just been told to report into work and don riot gear.

They should raid SportsDirect while they're at it, for Ashley renaming St James Park.

dc89 said:
Just seen one of my favourite shops in Manchester all smashed in.

It's awesoe and sells stuff we all like. Comics, fantasy and si-fi novels, gaming merchandise.

It just got personal.

Not forbidden planet...?

Hey, I was wondering if someone could link me to the live feed of BBC News?

When I search for it myself, it says the feed is "not available in my area", but gaffers have linked to a feed that has always worked for me, I just don't know the URL.

tehbible said:
Sic em!

Taken from Cryptome

British police officers charge rioters, during riots in Hackney, east London, Monday Aug. 8, 2011. Youths set fire to shops and vehicles in a host of areas of London _ which will host next summer's Olympic Games _ and clashed with police in the nation's central city of Birmingham, as authorities struggled to halt groups of rampaging young people. (Lefteris Pitarakis)
http://cryptome.org/info/totten-protest/pict54.jpg[/mg][/quote]

Dunno, you'd probably want to be at least 5"8 to be a riot officer surely?

So, any chance Blackberry would do something worthwhile like make public every single message sent by every single person using their service to organize this shit and publish all of their personal information and photos?

Social networking is a double edged sword, let the home and shop owners loose on these fucks.

Meohsix

Manager said:
RT.com stream claiming drivers are pulled out of their cars in Brixton, and cars are stolen. Many cases of assault and burglary too.

Seriously?
If your pathetic enough to get pulled out of your own car you deserve to have it stolen.

just run the stupid fucks over for god sake.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Facebook update from my friend:

Getting very tense round here. Hundreds of kids begining to gather on Lewisham Way. Millwall, Charlton and Palace fans protecting Eltham - we need em up here, sharpish!

People on twitter are desperate for something to start up in Newcastle. Strangely, all of these people seem to live outside of Newcastle, in hell holes like Liverpool and Bradford. Whereas everyone in Newcastle is pretty relaxed.

Awesome Animals said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the height of some of those officers.

Didn't want to mention it but I've seen some tiny female officers in this riot gear. Who are they going to intimidate? How do you react to see that as a larger police officer?

xxczx

mokeyjoe said:
Yeah, I live near the centre and I can't see or hear anything. My flatmate went for a drink earlier and said there were tons of police about, not much else. I don't think anything'll happen, it's all precautionary.
I just hope nothing happens, my mum works at a nightclub and she just got on the bus before.

Though nobody on Facebook has said anything.

What an experience. Went into manchester after the morning storm calmed down in salford. Few bricks thrown and police lines held.

Madness. pure chaos. market street was relatively well kept compared to what i thought it'd be. Few broken windows. I then saw someone burn miss selfridge and the police expanded their lines from picadilly gardens.

apparently there was loads happening in deansgate earlier on. Headed back to salford to see it in ruins. the lidl is on fire, the bargain booze is being robbed. few newsagents ransacked. surprisingly a lot of shops intact. Tesco holding strong. Pics coming when I get back in. Heading back out into the darkness to see what goes on this evening. Might go back into manchester with a mate in the car in a bit to see what the damage and situation is there.

Stay safe UK GAF. I'm out.

dwu8991

Banned
Chriswok said:
People on twitter are desperate for something to start up in Newcastle. Strangely, all of these people seem to live outside of Newcastle, in hell holes like Liverpool and Bradford. Whereas everyone in Newcastle is pretty relaxed.

Good ol newcastle!

Dakota47

Pazuzu9 said:
Damn I missed it.

1x2SX.jpg

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
That enfield lot on Sky are providing something uplifting right now! Good show lads.

Also watch sky news with subtitles, when they're wrong it's hilarious. Already saw "anti masturbation patrol$ or something to that efffect.

Chriswok said:

Liverpool is not a hell hole you fuckarse geordie. I hope nothing happens up there, but don't badmouth my home thanks.

Meus Renaissance said:
Didn't want to mention it but I've seen some tiny female officers in this riot gear. Who are they going to intimidate? How do you react to see that as a larger police officer?

Lower Center of Gravity?

I have compiled a list of places in London where there are vigilante militia:

Turnpike Lane (Confirmed by my brother in law)
Palmers Green (same as above)
Southall (Pictures)
Enfield Town (Pictures)
Green Street (Pictures)

If anyone else has more places we could add it to the OP if any GAFers want to go and keep these thugs away from our towns.

Seep

Chriswok said:

Don't be a wanker all your life.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Cindres said:
That enfield lot on Sky are providing something uplifting right now! Good show lads.

Also watch sky news with subtitles, when they're wrong it's hilarious. Already saw "anti masturbation patrol$ or something to that efffect.

The vigilante stuff sounds good but apparently its a bunch of racists who are targeting foreigners? Unconfirmed obviously, only heard it from twitter but it wouldn't surprise me if this got twisted into some kind of race war.

caramac

Chriswok said:

awww that's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom