• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Chriswok said:
Getting a bit blood thirsty in here - do people really want to see looters get their heads smashed in on live TV?

Definitely. Just need to look at the sheer magnitude and chaos they've caused to people's welfare and safety.

It's not like they'll die, there need to be consequences for their actions.

Zzoram said:
The only reason the police haven't done more is because the public would be outraged if they hurt the rioters.

No they wouldn't. People are literally crying out for police to bring out the water cannons and rubber bullets. That's why these militia exist, because the police have let them and their families down.

Literally everyone I know, across the political spectrum, wants a crackdown with skulls being busted and looters being fucked up. If the police did it, the only complaints would come from the parents of the looters, and honestly who gives a fuck about them anyway.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, my wife is going to London in a couple of weeks for a conference. Staying right in city centre I think. Around something called St. Goerge's Circus, on Waterloo?

Sennorin said:
I still don´t understand it. If a group of little fucks tried something like this here in Germany, I´m pretty sure people wouldn´t let them to their chaotic shit. Though maybe I´m naive. Still, unimaginable how this could happen in England.

Well, you kinda forget that we have stuff like the annual riot on May 1st. Though that's much more centered around destruction and directly fighting with the police than looting (actually I don't think there is any looting) due to a different demographic.

DECK'ARD said:
Fucking hell. Manchester:

Norhtern-Quarter-Riots.jpeg

And a video from the main street of the Northern Quarter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsS8kTQkjfE

is that criminal brandishing a sword? I hope the officer was ok.....

Seriously, I hope that cop at leas pepper sprayed every one of those criminals shown in the photo...

Ponti

Grover Cleveland said:
Why people riot?

Libya-"Cuz our government bombs its own cities and turns its tanks on its own people."

Syria-"Cuz our government commits atrocious human rights violations against its own people."

Egypt-"Cuz our leader was an anti-democratic tyrant."

Vancouver-"Cuz we lost a hockey game, eh."

London- "Cuz TV's and PS3's cost too goddamn much to buy, innit."
Ah yes, you've conveniently ommited every other riot in London that actually served a political purpose and focused on this one riot that can't really be classed as a riot anymore and is just pockets of chavs throughout the country wrecking shit for no reason. Clever.

lifa-cobex

Chriswok said:
Getting a bit blood thirsty in here - do people really want to see looters get their heads smashed in on live TV?

Cause and effect.

If all these people want/understand is destruction then that's what they should receive.

Marleyman said:
Throwing firebombs into a police station is bloodthirsty.

Sure, OK, lets not deny the looters are being complete mongs and some are looking for violence. I'm just curious to know if people on here REALLY want to see it all kick off to another gear all together.

Have to admit, I was impressed with Manchester Police's attempts of infiltrating the horde with plain clothed police officers.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Sennorin said:
I wondered about that. Isn´t London full of hardcore football fans (hooligans)? Why can´t they get into action and give these youngsters a good beating?
in eltham that is what they are doing and they millwall fans and local to the area, they are not going to loot etc just batter people who try to, though nick griffith is getting in on the act cunt... as i said i know one of the guys by sight, I do not believe that particular guy is rascist just a member of the community sticking up for themslves

Chriswok said:
100%. These kids have no fear. They need a beating.

Also this has nothing to do with cuts or god damn Ema. Most of these kids drop out of school first chance they get and dont want a job.

AngryMoth

The last few days have been truly shocking. It's disturbing to think I share the same genome with these people. It's easy to get all high and mighty sitting in a nice house and reading this thread on my iPad, but if I'd been born into a poor family struggling to make ends meet, and my friends were all out on a power trip like this, venting their anger at the world and looting material possessions that they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford, I dont think I could say for certain that I wouldn't be out there with them.

Grover Cleveland said:
Why people riot?

Libya-"Cuz our government bombs its own cities and turns its tanks on its own people."

Syria-"Cuz our government commits atrocious human rights violations against its own people."

Egypt-"Cuz our leader was an anti-democratic tyrant."

Vancouver-"Cuz we lost a hockey game, eh."

London- "Cuz TV's and PS3's cost too goddamn much to buy, innit."
There were no "riots" in those arab countries.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Zzoram said:
Firebombs should be considered attempted murder, lethal force should be authorized in response.
Seriously. If nothing up until now was able to be considered a "hostile attack" then firebombings definitely are. I don't care how caught up in the crowd you are, I don't care how nice of a guy you are when you aren't rioting, you throw a firebomb you have forfeited your protection from lethal force.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Chriswok said:
Excuse me for not wanting to live somewhere where they regularly set fire to things.
Huh? I don't think people in Bradford do that "regularly". Besides there hasn't been a single incident there. I don't understand why they'd want to cause trouble in another city when they could in their own? Not saying there aren't scum in Bradford or Liverpool. But singling out the entire city like that isn't right.

J-Rzez

zomgbbqftw said:
No they wouldn't. People are literally crying out for police to bring out the water cannons and rubber bullets. That's why these militia exist, because the police have let them and their families down.

Or did the people and government let down themselves by effectively neutering their police?

GJS

ashley678 said:
they cut EMA which is for students attending college, u get £30 a week for attending college and it was for students whos parents wernt better earning under £30,000 a year (they did it so the students could get lunch an various other things for college) the Cons cut the whole thing when they got in.
I spent my EMA on video games, I didn't need it.

SmokyDave

Chriswok said:
Sure, OK, lets not deny the looters are being complete mongs and some are looking for violence. I'm just curious to know if people on here REALLY want to see it all kick off to another gear all together.

Have to admit, I was impressed with Manchester Police's attempts of infiltrating the horde with plain clothed police officers.
You have no idea how much. I wanted these animals putting down years ago, before this happened. These are lost people, utterly broken beyond repair.

My missus lives just feet from the firebombed police station in question. I'm sure you can imagine that contributes to my bloodlust.

Vivalaraza said:

Also this has nothing to do with cuts or god damn Ema. Most of these kids drop out of school first chance they get and dont want a job.

That's the sticking point for me, they're kids. Little scrotums, but still kids. Can you really justify police striking them with batons (or worse)? I mean right now I don't have an opinion either way, just playing devil's advocate (and interested in knowing what other's opinion is).

Inanna said:
Huh? I don't think people in Bradford do that "regularly". Besides there hasn't been a single incident there. I don't understand why they'd want to cause trouble in another city when they could in their own? Not saying there aren't scum in Bradford or Liverpool. But singling out the entire city like that isn't right.

I apologise to you, Inanna. The fire remark wasn't directed at Bradford, and in all honesty wasn't directed at Liverpool in any serious form. I hope everyone and their family remain safe.

Marleyman

Banned
Chriswok said:

I don't understand how looters throwing firebombs into a police station isn't already attempting to kick it up a notch? What if police men and women came running out on fire??

anonnumber6 said:
Sikhs armed with Kirpans. Awesome.

Mate, any wankers trying to loot Southall or Wembley are going to get fucked up. I've just been sent pics from some friends in both areas, these guys aren't messing around, they are armed to the teeth and itching to fuck some looters up.

Arnie

Dark Machine said:
LOL. I know mate. But because the place is full of old people there's no police presence up there at all, one station with like 7 police in it I think. There's always trouble up there on Fridays and Saturdays with people being beat up and glassed. Tons come from ouside the area to raise hell.
If I ever got to the point where I needed to go to Southport for a good night out I'd probably shoot myself. Saying that I've heard from a few mates that it isn't a bad night out. Like you say though it'll have fuck all police presence there tonight so I imagine a couple of places might get looted.

I'm slightly pleased to see Liverpool has calmed down from last night, the scenes from Manchester are horrible though. Bring out the rubber bullets.

I'm just praying this shit doesn't affect the premier league fixtures this weekend, I've waited too long for this to have it ruined by a bunch of thick yobs who refer to the police as 'feds'.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Vivalaraza said:

most of the cuts the cons have done have hit younger people harder or poorer families.

the riots that started in Tottenham was the catalyst they needed to start something, and all these attacks are branching from everything thats built up no doubt about it. they saw the riots in tottenham and how it was handled and saw it was poor and knew they could do it else where and have.

Zzoram said:
The only reason the police haven't done more is because the public would be outraged if they hurt the rioters.

The public are only outraged with police violence if it is unjustified, the amount of civil disorder shown in certain areas means reasonable force is completely justified. If they had done their jobs correctly over the weekend, there would be less incidents still occurring.

iNvid02

AngryMoth said:
The last few days have been truly shocking. It's disturbing to think I share the same genome with these people. It's easy to get all high and mighty sitting in a nice house and reading this thread on my iPad, but if I'd been born into a poor family struggling to make ends meet, and my friends were all out on a power trip like this, venting their anger at the world and looting material possessions that they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford, I dont think I could say for certain that I wouldn't be out there with them.

I gotta agree with this, i'd be a different person if i were in poverty. dont think i'd hurt anyone or set anything on fire though

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cerebral Assassin said:
The public are only outraged with police violence if it is unjustified, the amount of civil disorder shown in certain areas means reasonable force is completely justified. If they had done their jobs correctly over the weekend, there would be less incidents still occurring.
Bleeding heart hournalists are already making excuses to justify the chav scum.

Chriswok said:
That's the sticking point for me, they're kids. Little scrotums, but still kids. Can you really justify police striking them with batons (or worse)? I mean right now I don't have an opinion either way, just playing devil's advocate (and interested in knowing what other's opinion is).
Yes, these little fuckfaces ruin neighbourhoods and make people scared of leaving their homes at night, they contribute nothing to society, never have and never will

Chriswok said:

I'd rather just watch as they ruin the lives of thousands of people.

Can't believe Leicester's been hit, still should be easy enough for police to find them loitering in-front of the Haymarket when things calm down.

Marleyman

Banned
Funky Papa said:
Not in the context. Those rioting fucks don't give a shit about grades nor youth centers. They never did.

I believe it is, especially this part:

Cameron's conservative government is under fire for spending cuts to social programs in order to help reduce the country's debt. Among those hit the hardest are large numbers of minority youths who have been at the forefront of the unrest.

Who knows what percentage is doing it for this reason but I don't think you can deny that there aren't some who are doing it because of this.

Chriswok said:
Unfortunately, yes. That they are kids doesn't mean anything to me after what they've done. They haven't worked a day in their lives or earnt a thing given to them. Jail won't mean anything to them. They need to feel fear that if they misbehave they will suffer, that crime does not pay. I seriously think a slap or ten is needed.

X26

Banned
Chriswok said:

They're now and forever unproductive societal parasites that are destroying people's livelihood and in many cases endangering lives, regardless of their age it would be best for the vast majority of the country to see them face severe punishment, physical or otherwise

Chriswok said:

Yes. Like DC said this morning, if you are at the riots you will be treated as an adult and justice will be carried out.

Desmond

needlejuice said:
It's probably already been mentioned, but the PSNI should be deployed...
Should do. We should send the Gardai and our army over. They don't have anyrhing else to do and we were given 7 billion by the UK. Gotta pay it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom