• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Palmer_v1

Alright guys, signups for Avalon are now open! We'll be starting...sometime after we get 10 players or December 28th. Whichever happens later.

If you've never played Avalon or the Resistance before, it's a mission-based game designed after mafia/werewolf, but without player deaths and with no hidden information (so everything we're playing with will be revealed at the start). Basically, there are five quests that one given player at a time picks a "quest team" to take on, and other players will vote on whether or not they approve of the team. Depending on who's on the team that goes, the quest can either end in Success or Failure. If the majority of quests end in success, good wins, and if the majority end in failures, evil wins.

Avalon adds in a couple more power roles all based around Merlin, who knows all members of the evil team. Merlin can try and hint to good players who Evil is, but if Evil is able to figure out who he is, they'll win the game. Unfortunately, there probably won't be much claiming in this game, which I know kind of goes against Gafia tradition.

The game will be split into two different types of phases, Proposal/Voting phases, and Quest phases. During proposal phases, a player from the list can propose teams to send on the quest, and other players can discuss it or try to convince the player to change their team. When 48 hours are up, we go into the voting phase for 24 hours, where players will send in PMs to either approve or reject the team. Afterwards, we reveal everyone's votes. If the majority approves it, the team goes on the quest, otherwise we go back into the proposal phase. To prevent us from going infinitely in circles, there can only be 5 proposals before we move onto the quest phase. Quest phases are pretty simple: whoever's on the team can either choose to "Succeed" or "Fail" the quest (via PM, again). If there's a failure on the team, then the quest fails.

Obviously there's a decent amount of downtime in the game, but the nature of it means that players have to be involved to a certain amount, since replacing people will be hard. Also, I should note: there is no scum chat involved in this game, so players on the same team will need to strategize publicly as best they can.

It might be a lot to take in at first if you haven't played before, but I promise it's a pretty easy game to learn, and a lot of the strategies you've learned from playing mafia will carry over here. Rats and I are really excited to do this at last, so I hope people want to play! And as per usual, preference will be given to new players and those not actively in a game already.

Players:

Ill try.

Burbeting

Banned
Hey,

I want to make a solid-looking logo for the Love Boat game this time (I have a solid idea for it), but I don't have neither tools or any talent needed to make such a logo.

Is there anyone kind enough to help in this? I don't think idea I have for the logo is too time-consuming, but I don't know about these things.

Hey,

I want to make a solid-looking logo for the Love Boat game this time (I have a solid idea for it), but I don't have neither tools or any talent needed to make such a logo.

Is there anyone kind enough to help in this? I don't think idea I have for the logo is too time-consuming, but I don't know about these things.

Describe it and I'll make a vague commitment

roytheone

Hey,

pfff, at least I make my OWN logos:

EAHZ8Vh.png

Kalor

I had an idea for a Fargo themed game earlier and now I'm really keen to work on it. I guess the 9 player Zero Escape game I have a draft for can go on the backburner again.

kingkitty

Alright guys, signups for Avalon are now open! We'll be starting...sometime after we get 10 players or December 28th. Whichever happens later.

If you've never played Avalon or the Resistance before, it's a mission-based game designed after mafia/werewolf, but without player deaths and with no hidden information (so everything we're playing with will be revealed at the start). Basically, there are five quests that one given player at a time picks a "quest team" to take on, and other players will vote on whether or not they approve of the team. Depending on who's on the team that goes, the quest can either end in Success or Failure. If the majority of quests end in success, good wins, and if the majority end in failures, evil wins.

Avalon adds in a couple more power roles all based around Merlin, who knows all members of the evil team. Merlin can try and hint to good players who Evil is, but if Evil is able to figure out who he is, they'll win the game. Unfortunately, there probably won't be much claiming in this game, which I know kind of goes against Gafia tradition.

The game will be split into two different types of phases, Proposal/Voting phases, and Quest phases. During proposal phases, a player from the list can propose teams to send on the quest, and other players can discuss it or try to convince the player to change their team. When 48 hours are up, we go into the voting phase for 24 hours, where players will send in PMs to either approve or reject the team. Afterwards, we reveal everyone's votes. If the majority approves it, the team goes on the quest, otherwise we go back into the proposal phase. To prevent us from going infinitely in circles, there can only be 5 proposals before we move onto the quest phase. Quest phases are pretty simple: whoever's on the team can either choose to "Succeed" or "Fail" the quest (via PM, again). If there's a failure on the team, then the quest fails.

Obviously there's a decent amount of downtime in the game, but the nature of it means that players have to be involved to a certain amount, since replacing people will be hard. Also, I should note: there is no scum chat involved in this game, so players on the same team will need to strategize publicly as best they can.

It might be a lot to take in at first if you haven't played before, but I promise it's a pretty easy game to learn, and a lot of the strategies you've learned from playing mafia will carry over here. Rats and I are really excited to do this at last, so I hope people want to play! And as per usual, preference will be given to new players and those not actively in a game already.

Players:

hmm this seems pretty different, i'll think about joining

but how long do you think the game will last? a couple of weeks? months?

That will depend on how many phases it takes to approve each team. My guess is that it will last a few weeks, but theoretically it could go for a couple of months. It probably won't, but it could! I honestly don't know what to expect. It's all very exciting/scary.

Droplet

Edited signups for Avalon now that I have a computer. Let me know if I missed you or you still want to join. We'll have a spectator thread too.

Like Rats said, I imagine it'll be a few weeks but could potentially go on longer. It all depends on the players.

Haha, don't. I've been reading your posts in Dipper's voice, but with Squall's intonations...very strange.

The voice in which others read my posts has been of constant interest to me.

For you, Swamps, I usually hear Sonia's voice thanks to your avatars in DR and Gafia :p

Swamped

Banned

For you, Swamps, I usually hear Sonia's voice thanks to your avatars in DR and Gafia :p

Hehe, I'm good with that! My actual voice is a bit lower that hers though lol. For you, I usually imagine a deep-ish but suave kinda voice, like the femme fatale version! Although when you were Akane I just imagined her. Guess it's avatar dependent!

It was Launch's birthday on the 19th, and apparently I missed it! I'm sorry, here you go :)

hey palmer

hey

with werewolf reborn's village -ahem- victory, ultron has racked up 4 wins in 2015 gafia, matching your record

so you gotta share that throne with him now

:>

UltraJay

The original will always be great, but the PC release is serviceable, and I'm personally willing to trade the art style (which I honestly stopped noticing after about ten minutes) for some of the little improvements. YMMV, though.

I know it has been awhile, but I want to respond to this. The original sprites are way to goddamn badass to get rid of. This is from someone who is fine with sprite filters in certain instances. How do the new ones animate? I mean there were lots of emoting being done with those sprites.

If a mod doesn't happen I'm going to do it myself as my first ever mod. I'll look at the FFIII UI mod and see if I can apply it to VI.

hey palmer

hey

with werewolf reborn's village -ahem- victory, ultron has racked up 4 wins in 2015 gafia, matching your record

so you gotta share that throne with him now

:>

oh

i was mistaken

ULTRON HAS KNOCKED PALMER OFF THAT THRONE

because even if they both had 4 wins, palmer had one loss in 2015. ultron had ZERO loss.

ALL HAIL NEW KING OF GAFIA 2015: ULTRON87

and his 4 wins came all from the main games.

ALL HAIL WEREWOLF REBORN

UltraJay

Scrafty, that's some beautiful flavor. I teared up. Now I'm gonna play Final Fantasy IV and give Golbez the justice he deserves. PSP of course because I can't find my DS cartridge and don't wanna buy the Steam version.

Palmer_v1

oh

i was mistaken

ULTRON HAS KNOCKED PALMER OFF THAT THRONE

because even if they both had 4 wins, palmer had one loss in 2015. ultron had ZERO loss.

ALL HAIL NEW KING OF GAFIA 2015: ULTRON87

and his 4 wins came all from the main games.

ALL HAIL WEREWOLF REBORN

didn't he lose star wars due to me?

If i need to retcon WW to a town loss, it's not a problem.

UltraJay

I also want to be in the FF spectator thread so I can be salty and watch every single person who voted on me die. I would like that to happen very much.

squidyj

morgan freeman, every time, morgan freeman acting like a valley girl, morgan freeman doing whatever voice. just morgan freeman, all the way down.

Kalor

Wearing a crown and a hat seems a bit unpractical. But then Palmers the prince so he can do whatever he wants.

Yeeny, can I get added to the Heist spectator thread?

Top Bottom