• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

cabot

Roy's a hugger when drunk then? I'm glad I dodged this bullet.

I woke up on new years day trouserless on the floor stuffed in a room.

Pretty harrowing.

*Splinter

We should run another game... With all the recruitment nonsense S5 won't actually start for a few weeks, right?

I can run a quick one if nothing else is ready

Can someone in the know give us an estimate on S5 actual start time?

last time crab joined us at the moderators' chat, he said that he will start S5 main thread once Heist and FF wrap up. Usually the recruitment thread is up for about 2 weeks, ish? (i think... but i've effectively stepped down now and crab will be the one that start the thread up for S5)

what kind of game are you looking to put together, splinteroo? how many players? and what's the likely maximum timeframe for completion?

and.... who else, other than karu, is up and looking to play another small game? hands up, please :D for splinter~

roytheone

last time crab joined us at the moderators' chat, he said that he will start S5 main thread once Heist and FF wrap up. Usually the recruitment thread is up for about 2 weeks, ish? (i think... but i've effectively stepped down now and crab will be the one that start the thread up for S5)

what kind of game are you looking to put together, splinteroo? how many players? and what's the likely maximum timeframe for completion?

and.... who else, other than karu, is up and looking to play another small game? hands up, please :D for splinter~

Maybe, depends on the length of the game I guess? A normal length 0.5 game could already be problematic with the start of season 5.

*Splinter

If we get to 30, here's roughly what I'm pitching:

• "Unconventional" setup (technically Bastard)
  • Despite some craziness, I expect there to be an emphasis on traditional scumhunting
  • Ignore the player count, this plays like a much small game.
  • "Surprisingly balanced"
  • Non-specific theme (small tribe on an island)

If we don't get to 30 in time, something simpler I guess

cabot

I'd sign up, mainly because it'll add to my losses and I get to have the joy of blaming Splinter the moderator and not myself.

If there's anything I enjoy in life, it's blaming Splinter for all my woes.

"Surprisingly Balanced! *****" - The Sun

came in my head when reading that point.

roytheone

I'd sign up, mainly because it'll add to my losses and I get to have the joy of blaming Splinter the moderator and not myself.

If there's anything I enjoy in life, it's blaming Splinter for all my woes.

"Surprisingly Balanced! *****" - The Sun

came in my head when reading that point.

"unconventional!" ***** - The times
"Surprising Balanced!" ***** - The sun
"It sucks" * - Squidyj

*Splinter

:O

is.... is this the volcano island tribe set up that i had a look at a while ago, splinteroo
0:)

1. Karu
  2. Ty4on
  3. Cabot
  4. Sorian
  5. Hyperactivity
  6. CrimsonFist
  7. ScraftyDevil
  8. Swamped
  9. squidyj
  10. Xamtheking
  11. roytheone
  12. Kawl_USC
  13. Trigger
  14. Sawneeks
  15. Coppanuva
  16. CornBro
  17. Blargonaut
  18. Lord of Castamere
  19. MYSTERY GAFIA STAR
  20. CzarTim
  21. Palmer_v1
  22. Lone Prodigy
  23. Kalor
  24. Terrabyte20xx
  25. ultron87
  26. LaunchpadMcQ
  27. zippedpinhead
  28. Dusk Soldier
  29. Pop-O-Matic
  30. Mazre
  31. [r]NeverForever

RetroMG

Just a programming note - New signups for Outer Gafia will require approval by one of it's mods (Me, Yeeny, Scrafty) going forward. We've gotten a couple of spambot accounts created, and I'd like to keep those out.

If you don't have an account at OG (and why not?) you can still make one, and I'll also remove the approval process when the S5 Signup Thread goes up, but for now, I've taken this precaution to keep OG from being overrun.

roytheone

Just a programming note - New signups for Outer Gafia will require approval by one of it's mods (Me, Yeeny, Scrafty) going forward. We've gotten a couple of spambot accounts created, and I'd like to keep those out.

If you don't have an account at OG (and why not?) you can still make one, and I'll also remove the approval process when the S5 Signup Thread goes up, but for now, I've taken this precaution to keep OG from being overrun.

We should let one of those spambots join a mafia game. Some of the games sure as hell could use that extra activity!

*Splinter

Also I might make it semi-open (you will know the town PRs in the game, but not the quantities of each). Think it will work nicely, and another Gafia first, I believe.

There are a few Gafia firsts in here, I guess.

You brave, brave volunteers...

Also I might make it semi-open (you will know the town PRs in the game, but not the quantities of each). Think it will work nicely, and another Gafia first, I believe.

There are a few Gafia firsts in here, I guess.

You brave, brave volunteers...

Sounds ominous, I'll sign up for it.

*Splinter

Not sure if I should be joining more bastard games, but whatever
Just in case anyone is being scared off by the bastard-aspects, I'll reiterate that PRs are not crazy, and traditional scumhunting will be key.

Yes I'm trying to sell to both sides of the coin, shut up.

...imagine a Disney movie directed by Tarantino, except not awful.

roytheone

Just in case anyone is being scared off by the bastard-aspects, I'll reiterate that PRs are not crazy, and traditional scumhunting will be key.

Yes I'm trying to sell to both sides of the coin, shut up.

...imagine a Disney movie directed by Tarantino, except not awful.

Inside out directed by Tarantino would be.....interesting.

Swamped

Banned
Why not, I'll join too Splinteroo.

But weren't we going to have a more formal process for choosing 0.5 games? Or is that next season?

Sorian

Banned
Why not, I'll join too Splinteroo.

But weren't we going to have a more formal process for choosing 0.5 games? Or is that next season?

I'd think next season? It sounds like .5 games are going to be reviewed by that overseer council too so it might be tied with that.

Top Bottom