• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

*Splinter

What the heck, sign me up. I`m in the mood for some good dumb fun.
Done
Why not, I'll join too Splinteroo.

But weren't we going to have a more formal process for choosing 0.5 games? Or is that next season?
Done
sure? okay yeah i guess I can play that?
And done.
But but but, Burbeting advised me not to join! Are you asking me to ignore Burb his advise?

Because I would totally ignore Burb his advise if you were to ask nicely.
Do bears shit in the woods? Yes. And frankly it's disgusting. So please for the good of all woodland critters - including the noble owl, most magnificent of all creatures in and out of the woods - do not listen to the bear.

Sawneeks

Banned
Also I might make it semi-open (you will know the town PRs in the game, but not the quantities of each). Think it will work nicely, and another Gafia first, I believe.

There are a few Gafia firsts in here, I guess.

You brave, brave volunteers...

o:

I'm intrigued. Do you have a tentative starting date?

roytheone

Do bears shit in the woods? Yes. And frankly it's disgusting. So please for the good of all woodland critters - including the noble owl, most magnificent of all creatures in and out of the woods - do not listen to the bear.

alright, I will join. But be warned: if it turns out the game is on fire, I will not try to put out that fire, but will instead dance around in the flames celebrating the cleansing heat while singing light my fire.

*Splinter

alright, I will join. But be warned: if it turns out the game is on fire, I will not try to put out that fire, but will instead dance around in the flames celebrating the cleansing heat while singing light my fire.
Yes, good idea, fire dancing will definitely help you here

roytheone

Splinter, is this that basterd game that has by far the most number of posts of all the game creation forums and only has 1 less thread than the Mario party game forum?

Just setting up my expectations ;)

*Splinter

Splinter, is this that basterd game that has by far the most number of posts of all the game creation forums and only has 1 less thread than the Mario party game forum?

Just setting up my expectations ;)
Yes, although I am disappointed to learn that Coppa has once again resorted to creating empty threads in a futile attempt to out do me

roytheone

Yes, although I am disappointed to learn that Coppa has once again resorted to creating empty threads in a futile attempt to out do me

The fact you DIDN'T need fake empty threads to get that number, makes me thing this game will end up being 30 persons just looking at each other going: huh....uhm....I....what?.....uh........maybe....no......but what about?......wait, what?......you.....huh.....hm........I..........Fuck you splinter.

Glad to hear it. It's been sorely missed, especially in the FF game.
Fun Fact: I found (and fixed) a bug only a few minutes ago when I tried to get the count for D2 - D4 up to date. Turns out I made an invalid array call when no votes have been cast this day phase so far.

what happened?
My router sometimes just needs blocks all connections to the outer world, which can simply be fixed by a restart. But I was with my family at the other end of Germany the last two weeks so I didn't have physical access and ssh over web is blocked by the router. I may need to look into this further...

Sorian

Banned
Fun Fact: I found (and fixed) a bug only a few minutes ago when I tried to get the count for D2 - D4 up to date. Turns out I made an invalid array call when no votes have been cast this day phase so far.

My router sometimes just needs blocks all connections to the outer world, which can simply be fixed by a restart. But I was with my family at the other end of Germany the last two weeks so I didn't have physical access and ssh over web is blocked by the router. I may need to look into this further...

UnitedImpureAlaskajingle.gif

Palmer_v1

I was going to ask if it could be hosted somewhere so more people can access it administratively, but I'm not 100% certain of the logistics of that, and I don't want to step on your toes. It's obviously incredibly useful though. I wouldn't want to mod another game without it.

Edit: Like Sorian, I wouldn't know shit about the actual program, but I could certainly remote into something to reboot it if needed.

RetroMG

I know a bunch of people got into Night Vale recently, so I wanted to point out this thread in Off Topic about Fictional Podcasts.

Trying out King Falls AM right now, which seems like a hipper version of Night Vale.

My router sometimes just needs blocks all connections to the outer world, which can simply be fixed by a restart.

My internet does this too! But I've replaced the router and the modem, so I honestly have no idea what causes it. At one point I had them both hooked to one of those electrical timers people use for Christmas lights, and I had it set to turn them both off from 3:00 am - 3:05 am, so it would just do a reset every night.

I was going to ask if it could be hosted somewhere so more people can access it administratively, but I'm not 100% certain of the logistics of that, and I don't want to step on your toes. It's obviously incredibly useful though. I wouldn't want to mod another game without it.

Droplet already volunteered as an interim host during my downtime but I had the php only on the server and in my cloud (which is also hosted on the server) so this didn't work out.

I have absolutely no problem with hosting it somewhere else if someone has the capacities to do so. With stronger hardware it probably also will work faster. All I want is uncomplicated access so I can fix stuff if someone finds a bug. If you just want access to my server to add games and such we probably could do this but this wouldn't fix the problem of unreliable hardware on my side.

RetroMG

I see Sayer is in that thread. I highly recommend Sayer to everyone :D

Will probably use this thread in the near future.

I got an exercise bike for Christmas, so I was happy to find stuff to listen to while I'm on it or while I'm playing a PC game. (Or occaisionally, both.) I've added a BUNCH of the podcasts to my feed.

squidyj

There's a part of me that wants to set up my router to selectively route traffic through a VPN.

There's a part of me that thinks it'll be a huge hassle though.

squidyj

"unconventional!" ***** - The times
"Surprising Balanced!" ***** - The sun
"It sucks" * - Squidyj

I happen to know the reviewers for the Sun and the Times and lets just say they could be bought with a meatball marinara.

I'm not saying I couldn't, just, nobody offered. :(

Top Bottom