• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some light snow hitting the Bronx (Co-Op City) right now. Not sure how my evening commute around 6PM is going to go though, since that sounds like the beginning of the worst of it.

The biggest totals have shifted east on the latest update. 32 inches for Massachusetts now instead of NYC.

ndfd_snow_ne_9.png

ParityBit

I am right smack in the middle of the death and destruction within Massachusetts. I plan on leaving work around 2:30 so I can get home and prepare.

I hope we do not lose power.

My snow blower is ready.

My PC is ready.

Still need to grab some booze though. I'm thinking some Rogue "yellow snow" seems appropriate.

Some light snow hitting the Bronx (Co-Op City) right now. Not sure how my evening commute around 6PM is going to go though, since that sounds like the beginning of the worst of it.
You should leave early if you can. I live in co-op as well (section 5) and i work in crown heights and i leave work at 6pm too. I'm hearing that the mta might shut down service before the evening commute. I'm not going to wait for that to happen.Subways barely work on a good day,so i'm out before it goes to hell on subway.

Loki

Count of Concision
What the most recent consensus on how much snow NY is supposed to get? Started snowing in Brooklyn around 7:30 AM.

You should leave early if you can. I live in co-op as well (section 5) and i work in crown heights and i leave work at 6pm too. I'm hearing that the mta might shut down service before the evening commute. I'm not going to wait for that to happen.Subways barely work on a good day,so i'm out before it goes to hell on subway.

Haha, holy shit. I live in section 5 and work in Crown Heights today, too. Bizarre.

But yeah, I'm about 90% sure work's going to end early for me today.

dkeane

Our office (a little west of Boston) is going out to lunch and closing the office so people can get home before people start freaking out.
I couldn't believe the grocery store yesterday. Epic storm incoming!

Just got back from a morning run to Union Square Trader Joe's here in NYC. At five till eight there was a line out the door. Some small, older lady was just shoving people in line trying to get in ahead of everyone. I managed to get in and out without too much difficulty though but by the time I left the check out line was wrapped around the building. Now I have plenty of food, a fresh bottle of Bulleit Rye, and a ton of stuff to watch and read. Still hoping it's not as major as some of the predictions.

Tawpgun

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Living in Boston, and I remember what a blast Nemo was. Hopefully it's another transportation shutdown kinda storm.

EDIT: I should really buy some beer.....and food I guess

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My parents are in White Plains, NY. They are so screwed...

I live about 20 minutes north of there. All aboard the death train to snowtown.

I lost power for 11 days during Sandy. I really don't want that to happen again.

andycapps

Only about 3 inches of snow here in Columbus, Ohio. Was still enough to make the roads pretty slick and most schools had delays or were closed. Most people here don't have snow tires, it only snows a few times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom