• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means I need to get a different means on transporting myself, ugh, My Eployer is really thinking of open the office tomorow....

State of Emergency means that no personnel can be required to work unless they are employed in specific government or social positions.

You'll be fine.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Snowing pretty hard here in midtown. Getting more consistent too. Looking down on the sidewalk below, looks like it's just beginning to stick a little bit.

Sanjuro

vNiGQue.jpg

xsarien

daedsiluap
Snowing pretty hard here in midtown. Getting more consistent too. Looking down on the sidewalk below, looks like it's just beginning to stick a little bit.

Yeah. I looked out the window and decided to take the long way home via subway transfers.

Adds, like, 20 minutes to the commute but the only "outside" I'll have to deal with is when I finally get off the 6.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Snow starting to come down at a decent clip here in Mt Vernon. God I hope we are able to get out of here before the roads turn entirely to shit. I have had a 5 hour drive home before, it is not an experience I have any desire to repeat.

SRTtoZ

Gonna take my WRX out for some fun later. Love this snow but its still pretty light so far in the Hudson Valley.

Snow starting to come down at a decent clip here in Mt Vernon. God I hope we are able to get out of here before the roads turn entirely to shit. I have had a 5 hour drive home before, it is not an experience I have any desire to repeat.

2010/11, whenever we got that first massive blizzard, we went up to NYC for dinner. We didn't expect it to end up being as bad as we did and had to drive home to help my mom (she had our dogs). It took us 3 hours for a drive that is normally an hour. There was no one on the road, but you'd be dumb to travel over 40.

okno

Midtown West here (9th Ave) and it's really starting to come down and stick, yep.

Waiting to hear from my work on what to do. I bartend in a lobby bar in a hotel in SoHo. We are contractually obligated to stay open every day of the year. If the hotel is open, we're open. Leaving at 2:30am to try and catch a C/E while the storm is raging hard is going to suuuuuuuuuck.

Got out of work at 1, hopped right on the train and I'm already near Pelham Bay. 4,5 and 6 lines were actually pretty normal, if not a little faster than usual. It's probably going to get really ugly come 3-4 o clock, though.

Mully

Really nice band coming through Nassau right now.

The coastal storm has already strengthened to 999mb down south.

State of Emergency means that no personnel can be required to work unless they are employed in specific government or social positions.

You'll be fine.

Thats actually not true, at all.

Theres a proposed bill in NJ to make that true though

There are millions of colors and this chart uses the same for 0 and 70 inches....get a better gradient folks...

Significantly better than the american gradients

LJ11

Roads in Queens are already nasty, slick as fuck and it hasn't been more than an inch, coming down hard too.

Huh - I thought this was the case across the nation (a state of emergency carries a travel ban where I live).

The more you know.

Currently in NJ all it means is if you decided to go out you're doing so at your own risk and should not expect immediate help if you dial 911. This doesn't apply to essential employees.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Lower Manhattan is getting clobbered.

Ran to Duane Reade and stocked up on water and food I can cook on the stove.

My wife grabbed 4 cords of firewood and some milk and cereal.

Fully charged my backup batteries and all my devices and downloaded some movies onto the iPad.

We ready.

supergiz

Are you freaking kidding me? Just got email at work (nyc). Still open till 6pm today and will remain open tomorrow. And we are a call center. I can't believe this...

BioHazard

Are you freaking kidding me? Just got email at work (nyc). Still open till 6pm today and will remain open tomorrow. And we are a call center. I can't believe this...

dang sorry man

Although it may not be physically possible for you to get in tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom