• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

It's really kind of all over the place at this point. I just looked at NAM and it has me only getting 10 today but 24 tomorrow, yet NWS is still on track for 18-24 total.

The NAM is a horrible long range model but once we get within 12-18 hours it's pretty great. The run the NAM just had was pretty incredible for NYC.

Forecasting a hurricane is easier than a nor'easter I hope this storm goes to show that.

DoubleD

I have 1/2 cord of wood on my porch, food, stopping to get some beer on my way home. Hope we don't lose power so I can get some late night Destiny raids on. Any of you CT peeps on PS4 Destiny?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The NAM is a horrible long range model but once we get within 12-18 hours it's pretty great. The run the NAM just had was pretty incredible for NYC.

Forecasting a hurricane is easier than a nor'easter I hope this storm goes to show that.

How are we defining "incredible" in this case?

emergency lockdown procedures deployed:

4qMODIxl.jpg

spyder_ur

I have 1/2 cord of wood on my porch, food, stopping to get some beer on my way home. Hope we don't lose power so I can get some late night Destiny raids on. Any of you CT peeps on PS4 Destiny?

My work (MIT) just canceled for tomorrow. I'll be playing a scary amount of Destiny tomorrow and am trying to get a "Snow Day" group together of East Coasters. Hop in the Destiny OT thread tonight and tomorrow, always people doing stuff.

DoubleD

My work (MIT) just canceled for tomorrow. I'll be playing a scary amount of Destiny tomorrow and am trying to get a "Snow Day" group together of East Coasters. Hop in the Destiny OT thread tonight and tomorrow, always people doing stuff.
Right on! I'm in that thread but it moves so damn fast, I can't keep up with it.
Oh wait, I think I have you on my FL.

Darknight

Just got off work 1 hour early. LI, NY is starting to get bad. Tonight/tomorrow is gonna be worse so I got the day off. Be safe East Coast GAF!!

MLCodest

In Randolph, MA and it seems we are gonna get at least 24 inches and that seems like the safe bet now. Saw one map saying we might get close to 40 inches. Just no power loss please.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I made it home, roads weren't too bad yet thankfully.

READY FOR ACTION

Akahige

Started snowing about 15 minutes ago where I live, emptying my dvr all snuggled up in my blanket, I feel bad for my mom she scheduled to work till 8.

Pau

My boyfriend has never touched snow so he opened the window, stuck out his hand, and started making snowballs.

Naturally I threw one at him. And missed. :(

Good luck, from the Midwest.

I can't believe how classic and text book this storm looks. It's remarkable. Already dropped 6MB in 3 hours.

[ig]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/Stormchaser20079/2014-2015%20Winter/Bust/boom.gif[/img]

That looks like a downgraded storm. I can tell by the jaggies and the poor LOD.

Jarlaxle

I work remotely and am in Fishkill NY watching the snow fall. My boss who works in a different branch in NJ just IM'd me to tell me he's leaving for the day. No mention whatsoever of the possibility that I could leave early as well. Gotta love it.

XOMTOR

Lower Manhattan is getting clobbered.

Ran to Duane Reade and stocked up on water and food I can cook on the stove.

My wife grabbed 4 cords of firewood and some milk and cereal.

Fully charged my backup batteries and all my devices and downloaded some movies onto the iPad.

We ready.

Wow!!! You must mean 4 bundles of firewood. I'm in eastern Canada and burn wood all winter as my primary heat source and I go through about 4 cords for the whole season. It's a pretty sizeable amount of wood; comes in a dump truck.

Good to see you're prepared, many people aren't. We're on tap for this shit-storm tomorrow but it's (sadly) not too uncommon for us so I'm pretty much always prepared. Genny with enough gas to last 3 weeks, wood heat, back-up batteries, flash lights, oil lamps/candles bla bla bla.....ugh winter sucks! Anyway, not leaving the house tomorrow.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Classes and work both have been canceled for tomorrow. Everything is coming up, Milhouse.

Worked is closing down for tomorrow so super pumped! Love the snow so hopefully we get atleast 2' in Western Mass. Bust out the hot chocolate and snacks.

For fucks sake the storm is here and the models still disagree massively!

For NJ, Euro says 12-18 inches, and NAM says 24-32 inches

For MA, its the exact opposite

THANKS OBAMA

Quixzlizx

So far we've only had steady, light to moderate snow in Suffolk county. I actually started my service as a trial juror today, and the judge let us leave at 12:45 and told us not to come in tomorrow, lol. I'm already basking in the difference between public and private sector weather leave. I wonder if my cheapass employer is going to try some sort of delayed opening tomorrow instead of just closing the office. I'm not going to go in either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom