• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you freaking kidding me? Just got email at work (nyc). Still open till 6pm today and will remain open tomorrow. And we are a call center. I can't believe this...

I can because my sister's workplace wouldn't shutdown with any of the four hurricanes that hit Florida during that one year.

Companies are greedy.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Are you freaking kidding me? Just got email at work (nyc). Still open till 6pm today and will remain open tomorrow. And we are a call center. I can't believe this...

Time to dust off that resume, you work for a bunch of grade-A douchebags.

Well, to be fair, I plan on using my day off tomorrow to call into call centers and get various things done.

So, thanks?

Also, the supermarket better still be open after work today.

Lower Manhattan is getting clobbered.

Ran to Duane Reade and stocked up on water and food I can cook on the stove.

My wife grabbed 4 cords of firewood and some milk and cereal.

Fully charged my backup batteries and all my devices and downloaded some movies onto the iPad.

We ready.

Don't make me nervous! In the East Village here and have no idea how I'd cope if we lost power.

kirby_fox

Banned
I have never ever seen a snow map with 40"+ in Providence RI

Absolutely insane.

Just realized that this map doesn't say those areas aren't getting any snow, I thought the gray in that area was just map color gray.

Stay safe, looks like the tail end of this storm that was gonna barely spit on us is now skipping us.

NateDrake

I have never ever seen a snow map with 40"+ in Providence RI

post-238-0-55915700-1422295833.png

Absolutely insane.

Luckily Providence and the state will be shutdown soon.

Apt101

I'm ready. Got a new soundbar to replace my old busted one, food for tortillas and/or turkey burgers, a few blurays from Redbox, and ice-melting salts and other winter gear. If I get stuck in the house I'll be happy.

Mully

I can't believe how classic and text book this storm looks. It's remarkable. Already dropped 6MB in 3 hours.

boom.gif

Stasis

I feel bad for my NYC brethren. I'm from NYC but live near Montreal now.

Give the storm to us up North, we can handle it easily!

The only parts that suck are potential power loss and then having to dig out the cars when its over. Roads will all be clear by then. Efficient as fuck up here and most households have snow removal service that would be running almost non stop making sure shits clear and accessible.

Nothing to report from Philly suburbs. The streets are wet so the flurries aren't sticking to it, but it is accumulating on my car and in the grass.

My company in North NJ has confirmed that regardless of weather, the company will remain open today and tomorrow. If you don't show up or leave early, you must use a vacation day. Even though I have a laptop, I was denied from working at home.

Love Corporate America.

That's a call center for you. It has to be one of the worst or not the worst place(s) to work at if you are inbetween jobs.

Crappy pay with impossible working days. Days where the majority of the companies will say "we will quit working", these places just keep on going.

effzee

I work in a hospital. We have some staff members volunteering tonstay overnight tonight to ensure they are here in the morning.

The rest of us will have to take a vacation day tomorrow.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Pretty much everyone is taking the company's offer of "Yeah, just work from home for the rest of today and tomorrow if you want."

Screw it, going home.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how classic and text book this storm looks. It's remarkable. Already dropped 6MB in 3 hours.

boom.gif

This really does look like NYC is going to miss the brunt of it, unless it circles back around a bit. Long Island and New England are going to get pummeled, though.

TxdoHawk

I picked a hell of a year to tell my landlord I'd shovel snow in exchange for reduced rent...we agreed to a plan based on amounts of snowfall instead of just a monthly discount too...he's probably regretting this deeply right about now.

LJ11

I picked a hell of a year to tell my landlord I'd shovel snow in exchange for reduced rent...we agreed to a plan based on amounts of snowfall instead of just a monthly discount too...he's probably regretting this deeply right about now.

hahaha

Mully

This really does look like NYC is going to miss the brunt of it, unless it circles back around a bit. Long Island and New England are going to get pummeled, though.

Not really its within the 40 North/ 70 West benchmark for powerful storms and it's still developing.

NYC and east should see between 18-30in from this storm.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not really its within the 40 North/ 70 West benchmark for powerful storms and it's still developing.

NYC and east should see between 18-30in from this storm.

Well, when the brunt is 36+ inches, 18 is missing the brunt of it, right? :D

Ferny

This is awesome lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom