• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

As someone from New Jersey... I pronounced it as:

Wor-ches-tar...

I was so clueless on the pronunciation when I was visiting my friend in MA.

:(

Yeah, kind of weird is pronounced like that either way. it kind of insane we are getting almost as twice as much as any place around that area.

It's honestly pretty fascinating to thumb through. I don't know a thing about meteorology, but it's a pretty cool read.

It's a lot of info, just keep reading it and it eventually starts to click. For example I learned about the 10:1 ratio from that thread. Basically this is the standard for converting inches of rain to snow. So if the map is measure 2-inches of rain expect 20-inches of snow.

Central NJ checking in.

Was able to safely navigate home from work. If anyone needs me I'll be rotating between the couch and my office playing xbox for the next 3 days. The old lady went to Target and bought tons of water and snacks.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dammit we need pics

Some random pictures:
XC5uJrt.jpg

S60kaBx.jpg

7ee9LbT.jpg

n8h6lnm.jpg

UwXPvUm.jpg

I just moved from NYC to right outside of Philly. It's not even snowing here anymore. I guess we are supposed to get some later though? I was in NYC for the last couple huge snow storms and that shit sucked. I also lived where it always seemed to get the snowdrift so opening the door and I'd be waist deep in snow.

esms

I just moved from NYC to right outside of Philly. It's not even snowing here anymore. I guess we are supposed to get some later though? I was in NYC for the last couple huge snow storms and that shit sucked. I also lived where it always seemed to get the snowdrift so opening the door and I'd be waist deep in snow.

From what I've heard, shit's supposed to get real around 6.

Hold tight. While they were saying by 3pm yesterday it was always that worst was to come later in the day.

I have a question. As a non American, I'd like to know if you have to work overtime due the productivity lost when blizzards like this paralyze parts of the country.

Ovid

I have a question. As a non American, I'd like to know if you have to work overtime due the productivity lost when blizzards like this paralyze parts of the country.
Nah, you just work from home. If anything it increases productivity (no commuting).

Pepiope

The National Weather Service has Philly getting 10-18 inches tonight. It's going to get worse.

FTF

Just got home, easten long islander here...bracing for the worst and preparing for 2 feet of snow. My only fear is losing power :/

terrisus

Well, my wife's work (in Meriden) got out early today, and they called her a bit ago that they're closed tomorrow.
Ah well.

pdk27

Middlesex county in NJ here. Not snowing right now. Watching news 12. Weatherman is talking about the European model and is already backing off his "historic" totals. Says the storm is heading further east than expected.

I am in the 12-24 inches FML...last time we have 12inches or more of snow it took 3 hours on my own to shovel that shit, this will take 8 hours FML..this year i gotta save for a fucking snow blower..

Ravijn

I am in the 12-24 inches FML...last time we have 12inches or more of snow it took 3 hours on my own to shovel that shit, this will take 8 hours FML..this year i gotta save for a fucking snow blower..

zfsaOEK.jpg

This is the last time I remember 12 inches of snow and it was equally as shitty.

Southeast MA here. Been snowing all afternoon; enough to put a small coating on the ground, but nothing too major. Just took the dog in the back and she's already having a ball.

We keep jumping in and out of the 18-24 and 24+ ranges. I'm more concerned about the high winds than anything else.

I work remotely and am in Fishkill NY watching the snow fall. My boss who works in a different branch in NJ just IM'd me to tell me he's leaving for the day. No mention whatsoever of the possibility that I could leave early as well. Gotta love it.

I bet I know where you work

In a historic move, notorious public transit foe Andrew Cuomo has mandated that the NYC subway system must shut down.

Rumors are that he feels that if limos and town-cars cannot travel, then theres absolutely no way the lower classes should be able to travel.

MTA closes at 11pm tonight, with no word on when it will reopen.

Retro

I hope the storm system on Friday for RI and Southern New England isn't anything too crazy.

A NWS guy on the radio this morning mentioned that whatever comes in Friday is going to be barely noticeable on top of what's already fallen Tuesday. Wouldn't worry about this being a one-two-punch kinda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom