• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the snow to start hard so I don't have to set an alarm on the off chance the snow doesn't happen and I still have to go to work tomorrow (middlesex county CT). I should go to bed now, part of me wants to stay up and wait for it

Its barely doing anything here

I'm at work now, on the clock from Monday to Wednesday, or until the storm moves on. Work for NYC Transit; we've got a lot of shoveling ahead of us : /

Drain You

Shoreline CT Update: Just shoveled twice and going out every 2-3 hours so i'm prepared for the main snow. Still minimal snow..maybe 4-5 inches at best.

Light winds, not too chilly and still light snow.

I'm making a pile of snow so come Wednesday when everyone post how much snow they got on facebook I can trump them all and win.

Yea I'm waiting for this serious snow to come down. I just wanna not have to go to work tomorrow

SimleuqiR

My pops be telling me 1997 snowstorm was pretty cray.. But atm uptown manhattan everything chill.

Cuny colleges are gonna be open on wed no matter if the zombie apocalypse comes.

I think your pop meant 1996

183094-md.jpg

brooklyn1996-2.jpg

icon20100211_080803_021110-KP-snow-3_300-thumb-300x193-11252.jpg

Docpan

Not even snowing in nyc...

Um WHY are subways shut down?? WHY do i have to sacrifice work tomorrow when I look outside and see nothing at all?

This is horse shit. I don't think my landlord gives a fuck about some snow flakes.

I have better things to do than to play with diddle wang all day tomorrow.

For all I know I'm waking up to a regular day.

Total income tomorrow -- big fat fucking zero.

br3wnor

The "weather people" have so much power over business and school hours. I guess caution is the best course, but it still feels pretty ridiculous being in the middle of it.

Well, forget what I said earlier, it's a straight blizzard now in central LI. Windy as fuck and visibility has gone way down. I'm a believer

I remember the Blizzard of '96 because I was hospitalized during it as a kid for a high fever. Almost died, apparently!

I remember the big '06 blizzard, though I don't remember being it the record setting storm it ended up being.

Mully

I think your pop meant 1996

183094-md.jpg

brooklyn1996-2.jpg

icon20100211_080803_021110-KP-snow-3_300-thumb-300x193-11252.jpg

2003 and 2013 will always be memorable storms for me. I think we got over 2.5 feet during 2003 and a tad more in 2013.

NYC has had a number of great storms since the 2000's. I can think of more than dozen snow storms. The 90's only had two and the 80's had a number of busts.

SimleuqiR

Um WHY are subways shut down?? WHY do i have to sacrifice work tomorrow when I look outside and see nothing at all?

This is horse shit. I don't think my landlord gives a fuck about some snow flakes.

Yup.
Another 8-10 inches is not going to stop the city. Plows will have most highways cleared tomorrow morning.

it's not snowing? where u at?

Also snow flakes don't give a fuck about the subways. If the city can run it will fucking run.

BkMogul

Did they state it would be closed through the morning? I know it's starting at 11pm.

I'm in Brooklyn so I have to take a wait and see approach to this whole thing.

Mully

Visibility down to a 1/4 mile as the first deformation of the storm makes its westward approach to NYC here on the south shore of Long Island.

Probably added an inch so far with some gusts up to 30MPH.

Don't worry, you'll be crying about the snow tomorrow; shit is coming. Transit cannot wait until the last minute to shut down; hundreds of people got stranded on a train during the last big storm for hours.

Most of NYC-Gaf right now.

ubrc02u.gif

Where is the snow...?

Looking out from my window ain't shit happening.. Although from a 5th floor I get to hear the wind whistling.

The local neighborhood dealer still working that corner like a champ although he might be doing home deliveries >.> people need their weed.

br3wnor

rCtcmgc.jpg

Can't show too well without a video but coming down in sheets, just really small snowflakes.

*North shore central Long Island

2003 and 2013 will always be memorable storms for me. I think we got over 2.5 feet during 2003 and a tad more in 2013.

NYC has had a number of great storms since the 2000's. I can think of more than dozen snow storms. The 90's only had two and the 80's had a number of busts.

I can recall a stretch of time during the 2010-2011 Winter Season that there was a snowstorm in NYC almost literally every other week. I think that year actually has the highest snowfall on record for the city?

As a kid, it was always the worst when you'd get excited about an overnight snowstorm and a day off from school, only to wake in the morning, lie in bed and hear cars racing down the street outside accompanied by the sound of wet roads...

'93 and '96 were fantastic and awesome when I was a kid. Now I just want snow storms to stay the f away from me.

An entire week off of school for me during the 1996 one. It was like a vacation.

Zyae

Its almost like they forecast the snow hitting overnight and its on its way. Hmmmm

Mik317

Weather channel app (lol I kbow) says Philly will barely get 2 inches.. If that.

And this is the storm jokers called out for?

NateDrake

Local station in RI said the storm has lightning out at sea right now & that it is strengthening still. Lots to come for us in Mass and RI.

BioHazard

I did a winter double feature of Frozen (2010) and The Grey. Now I think I'll watch this last episode of True Detective and maybe play a bit of Grim Fandango Remastered if it unlocks at midnight.

Ok PhilaGAF, goodnight. I'll leave you with some deep thoughts from our Weather Savior:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...ust_with_two_to_four_inches_forecast_now.html

Weather Savior said:
From a forecast standpoint, it's a failure, or better yet, a bust.

Whenever your forecasting six inches or more of snow in the big city and it fails to happen, you disrupted livelihood and ticked off mom, dad, schools, businesses. To be honest, it was one of the toughest forecasting calls to make in a long time and I never had a high confidence level with this one.

Weather Savior said:
The morning commute will be very slick and tricky in the locations that get the accumulating snow, along with a very cold strong and gusty wind. The last of the snow will be ending by noon, with just some leftover flurries — and some egg on the face of us meteorologists.

SeanR1221

What a bust in philly. Seriously.

And fuck these dollar store knock off Facebook meteorologist reporting shit like 24 inches of snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom