• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beam went all the way over to ToonamiGAF. LMFAO.

fhFHs.jpg

Utterly false. The only one who stopped the war was Sengoku. Even though Shanks was there Akainu, Kizaru, and Aokiji tried to kill Luffy. Which shows that they don´t give a shit about Yonku.

And no the trap was only set for Whitebeard, and no one else in this manga compared to his strength. Big Mom is not as important as Deflamingo. And as a matter of fact the marines only prepared the war against Whitebeard because he was the strongest man in the world, and the biggest threat. Artificial DF is very important to the story since it distort the balance of powers and the world. Big Mom has done nothing to the story. FYI not every shishibukai is important to the story. Not every emperor will be as impostant as Deflamingo to the story either.

Akainu did nothing , Aokiji freeze the ocean , while Kizaru did one last attack before he gave up .
Also saying Sengoku is the only one to stop the war is false , as soon as Shanks came the war stop .
He was the one that made the marines stop fighting , told the Marco to withdraw , Mihawk leave because of him and BB also .
Then Sengoku said the war had end after all of that .

Once again you are wrong the Marines went to war with WB because of Ace the were afraid of his bloodline and they knew attacking one of WB crew members means war with him .
It has nothing to do with him being the strongest or biggest threat .
Also they don't even have to beat Doflamingo to stop the Artificial DF just getting rid of CC does that .
Big Mom will play a big part of the story when time comes , you already have pirates getting allies to beat her , having her controlling a island luffy wants to protect .
Every Emperor will be important to the story since they directly control the NW where the SH are.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The quincies are a very natural progression and have been since the beginning of Bleach. We know how dangerous they are from the very beginning. There´s also the fact that the quincy/shinigami war has been mentioned very early on, and the repercussion if the quincies were not stopped. The arc is not over yet, and the Ishidas will play an important role in it. The Fullbring arc was supposed to be about Chad. It explained his powers, but was relegated into persona none grata in his own arc.

No, they actually aren't; you are conflating whether or not they fit into the universe with whether or not it makes any narrative sense that they are there.

flawfuls

Geez, I forgot that it gets all Lord Of The Flies up in this thread when the Big 3 isn't updated for a week.

But it usually happens exactly when the big 3 come out.

Alright GAF, I've been going around various places for recommendations and they all gave different answers, now I'm going to ask here.

I need a happy manga. I need Mahoraba levels of happiness. No major conflicts, a major background story is OK but nothing like "oh I'm poor as dirt" or "I have a terminal illness", great characters, funny, and most obviously a feeling of positivity during the entire manga.

Mahoraba was just plain amazing.

Noramimi.

Beam went all the way over to ToonamiGAF to talk at me and BatDan.
Lol talk to you. Don´t compliment yourself. I wanted to see what the dumb meme about Bleach fans started.
Akainu did nothing , Aokiji freeze the ocean , while Kizaru did one last attack before he gave up .
Also saying Sengoku is the only one to stop the war is false , as soon as Shanks came the war stop .
He was the one that made the marines stop fighting , told the Marco to withdraw , Mihawk leave because of him and BB also .
Then Sengoku said the war had end after all of that .

Once again you are wrong the Marines went to war with WB because of Ace the were afraid of his bloodline and they knew attacking one of WB crew member means war with him .

The matter of the fact is they totally ignored Shanks and his crew and proceeded to kill Luffy.

And no it´s not false. Sengekou singlehandedly stopped the war when he declared the awr over. If Shanks stopped the war than Aokiji, and Kizaru would not have attacked Luffy.

No, Sengoku is the only one who stopped the war and no one else. The admirals ignoring Shanks says to me that they don´t take him, his powers and his crew seriously.

Yeah, and the marines did not shy away from a war against the strongest man on earth. Which says volume that they don´t fear yonkou.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't understand the concept of liking some series so much that you will deny any and all criticism of it. Its bizarre.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Beam went all the way over to ToonamiGAF to talk at me and BatDan.
Ayo breh man. That ain't cool. Ol boy brought up Mangaf folks in the toonami thread for no particular reason first.

I don't really care at all, but you can't really spin it like that as if Beam stomped up in there when BatDan (for some curious reason) brings up shit that goes down here in another thread.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sorry, sorry.

I better avoid this thread for the next couple weeks. Shit is not pleasant.

Lol talk to you. Don´t compliment yourself. I wanted to see what the dumb meme about Bleach fans started.

The matter of the fact is they totally ignored Shanks and his crew and proceeded to kill Luffy.

And no it´s not false. Sengekou singlehandedly stopped the war when he declared the awr over. If Shanks stopped the war than Aokiji, and Kizaru would not have attacked Luffy.

No, Sengoku is the only one who stopped the war and no one else. The admirals ignoring Shanks says to me that they don´t take him, his powers and his crew seriously.

Yeah, and the marines did not shy away from a war against the strongest man on earth. Which says volume that they don´t fear yonkou.

2 admirals attack no ones else did everyone else stop fighting .
All that shows is that admirals don't fear anyone which is to be expected .

Also i am done with you since you don't seem to know how to look at events that happen .
Ask anyone that read that chapter and they will tell the war stop because of Shanks involvement .

I just don't understand the concept of liking some series so much that you will deny any and all criticism of it. Its bizarre.

I´m not sure if you are talking about me, but i accept that Bleach is not perfect and has it faults. What i don´t accept is people are insecure enough that they start shitting on other fandom for liking different things than they do.

2 admirals attack no ones else did everyone else stop fighting .
All that shows is that admirals don't fear anyone which is to be expected .

Also i am done with you since you don't seem to know how to look at events that happen .
Ask anyone that read that chapter and they will tell the war stop because of Shanks involvement .

It seem beam believe that Sengekou singlehandedly stopped the war .
So lets forget everything that Shanks did before Sengekou said the war over .

Like for this page http://i3.mangareader.net/one-piece/580/one-piece-1284395.jpg

Sengekou declared the war over. He stopped the war. Shanks did not stop the war. The admirals ignored him and his crew and proceed to kill Luffy. If that does not say that they don´t give a shit about Shanks´s existence on the battlefield nothing does.

survivor

Banned
Basara vol 14
wWnap.jpg

Why of course, Sarasa wouldn't confront the Red King now when there are still 13 volumes left. Why did I foolishly expect the retaking of Suou to end with the death or retreat of the Red King? The last few volumes were full of action and suspense, they were really awesome, but I forgot the one important thing about why anyone would read this manga: there was no Sarasa-Shuri romance for a long time. So obviously the most logical way is to suddenly end the battle and let Sarasa ditch her comrades and meet our lovable king Shuri. Oh well.

I'm surprised about the fate of two particular characters. I guess the manga isn't that afraid of killing its characters after all. Or well, kill the not so important ones.

Sengekou declared the war over. He stopped the war. Shanks did not stop the war. The admirals ignored him and his crew and proceed to kill Luffy. If that does not say that they don´t give a shit about Shanks´s existence on the battlefield nothing does.

Wait what.

Wasn't Shanks presence the only reason they stopped the war? They were finally winning against Whitebeard's forces but the inclusion of Shanks' group tipped the balance again.

So Sengoku did declare the war is over, but Shanks was instrumental for it to be so. Sengoku realised that it could very well mean a mutually assured destruction between all three (Marines, Whitebeard, Shanks) forces.

Basara vol 14
wWnap.jpg

Why of course, Sarasa wouldn't confront the Red King now when there are still 13 volumes left. Why did I foolishly expect the retaking of Suou to end with the death or retreat of the Red King? The last few volumes were full of action and suspense, they were really awesome, but I forgot the one important thing about why anyone would read this manga: there was no Sarasa-Shuri romance for a long time. So obviously the most logical way is to suddenly end the battle and let Sarasa ditch her comrades and meet our lovable king Shuri. Oh well.

I'm surprised about the fate of two particular characters. I guess the manga isn't that afraid of killing its characters after all. Or well, kill the not so important ones.

27 volumes is pretty decent.

should be interesting to check out one of these days

Solune

The Fox Lover - A cute one shot that was very reminiscent of the relationship between Lawrence and Holo. Or maybe the feeling is still fresh from wanting S3 =/

survivor

Banned
27 volumes is pretty decent.

should be interesting to check out one of these days
Come and join me with my marathon. I'm sure you can catch up pretty quickly. The manga is full of adventures, battles, and silly shoujo romance, there is no way anyone can hate that.

The Fox Lover - A cute one shot that was very reminiscent of the relationship between Lawrence and Holo. Or maybe the feeling is still fresh from wanting S3 =/

But season 3 just came out 2 days ago.

There are fans and then there are fanboys. It's not exactly a new concept on the Internet. When it comes to Naruto, you don't seem that reasonable either.

Come and join me with my marathon. I'm sure you can catch up pretty quickly. The manga is full of adventures, battles, and silly shoujo romance, there is no way anyone can hate that.

But season 3 just came out 2 days ago.

Eh if i get enough time, maybe.

And that was cold man, fucking cold :(

He is talking about the maoyuu maou yuusha anime. It has a similar concept and some of the same people working on it.

Checked this out on wikipedia and holy shit even the voice actors for the 2 mains are the same LOLOLOLOLOLOL

He is talking about the maoyuu maou yuusha anime. It has a similar concept and some of the same people working on it.

damn him lol
yeah i know about that anime but i still need my Lawrence and Holo and at the rate the novels getting translate it going to take forever to finish read them .

Angry Grimace

There are fans and then there are fanboys. It's not exactly a new concept on the Internet. When it comes to Naruto, you don't seem that reasonable either.
Sure, I can see how it might look that way if you don't take even 5 seconds to read up what you're talking about; this is a pretty flagrant mischaracterization of anything I've ever posted.

I'll challenge you to go back and try to find some post where I argued Naruto is high quality at all, but I'll save you the trouble and let you know you won't find it because I've always maintained that Naruto has been consistently mediocre from inception to now. My issue with the way people characterize that series is because they like to pretend it was super awesome at some point when it was the same fucking shit it is now pretty much at all times.

damn him lol
yeah i know about that anime but i still need my Lawrence and Holo and at the rate the novels getting translate it going to take forever to finish read them .

Same.

I think i remember someone claiming that yen press was speeding up the releases, but i'm not too sure.

Very close to pulling the trigger on getting some of the novels though...

Articalys

Hayate no Gotoku 390

"Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love." Nice that an English-language shirt is actually in proper English.

A nice conversation between Hayate and Nagi to remind everyone that, yes, Nagi is the heroine of this series, and she's not going down without a fight.
Now I'm really getting excited for anything Hata might have planned for chapter 400... unless he trolls us again.

Apath

Ain't nothing funny breh.

Naruto is OBJECTIVELY bad. Part 2, that is. Part 2 of Naruto is absolute garbage. There were a couple of good moments; that's all. Compared to part 1?

If we were speaking strictly part 1, then maybe you'd have a point, but no, Naruto isn't even close to Bleach right now.

If someone were to say that they liked One Piece more than Bleach, I'd accept that. Whatever. If they thought it was just better, cool shit breh. I think it's boring as fuck, but I can see the reason some people like it. Naruto, ever since Part 2 happened, has been consistent trash. With inconsistent moments of non-trash made up of three total parts: Shikamaru Arc - Jiraiya Arc - 1st half of Pain arc. Everything else was just "Wtf?" garbage.
Naruto as a whole is better than Bleach as a whole. The only part of Naruto that has truly sucked is the Zombie Ninja War, but even then it's sprinkled with good parts.

You just hate Naruto, and could never accept it for what it is: better than Bleach.

Sure, I can see how it might look that way if you don't take even 5 seconds to read up what you're talking about; this is a pretty flagrant mischaracterization of anything I've ever posted.

I'll challenge you to go back and try to find some post where I argued Naruto is high quality at all, but I'll save you the trouble and let you know you won't find it because I've always maintained that Naruto has been consistently mediocre from inception to now. My issue with the way people characterize that series is because they like to pretend it was super awesome at some point when it was the same fucking shit it is now pretty much at all times.
It's not mischaracterization at all to call first part of Naruto awesome and high quality. You are being like Big One and saying that people cannot find quality for things and that everyone should find the whole of Naruto mediocre. The fact of the matter is a lot of people find the first part of Naruto as high quality, while the rest of it falls way short of that. You can't just say that Naruto has always been the same to you and try to convince everyone by the way you see things. Different people like different stuff, but I know I don't have to tell you this.

TWGOK

What? I am confused by the concept of the escaped spirit in these girls, they go into the girl's heart to hide and wait to be reborn as her child if/when she gives birth... so the first time I read that I wondered how does the spirit stay in her if she fell in Love? She had to love someone to give birth right? So what the hell is up with the concept of Keima seducing these girls into kissing him? So is it the kiss that causes the spirits to come out and be captured? Or is it Love?

I can't make sense of the concept now that I just got to the part where Chihiro confessed to a boy, I like the NTR joke that a game company would be burned to the ground if they made a game like that. But seriously how does having someone she likes create the space in her heart for the spirit to hide in the first place?

okay, nevermind Keima answered it "That's not Love"

Apath

It's not mischaracterization at all to call first part of Naruto awesome and high quality. You are being like Big One and saying that people cannot find quality for things and that everyone should find the whole of Naruto mediocre. The fact of the matter is a lot of people find the first part of Naruto as high quality, while the rest of it falls way short of that. You can't just say that Naruto has always been the same to you and try to convince everyone by the way you see things. Different people like different stuff, but I know I don't have to tell you this.
I think you can make an argument that claims Naruto has been consistent in its story telling since the beginning. I disagree, but it isn't wrong to claim it and push the argument.

Big One literally tries to argue that certain things, which are inherently subjective, are objective to fit his point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can we not do this? Surely this qualifies as some form of thread shitting.

Also, the use of "objectively" in this thread, even for hyperbole, is objectively wrong.

I think you can make an argument that claims Naruto has been consistent in its story telling since the beginning. I disagree, but it isn't wrong to claim it and push the argument.

Big One literally tries to argue that certain things, which are inherently subjective, are objective to fit his point.
First part Naruto was more about the characters than the plot, and developing Naruto and co. As the story progressed. This flew out of the window in part. It' became all about Naruto and the Uchiha while neglecting everyone else. While the whole story is about Naruto, the second part forgets about some major Naruto themes, like the new generation surpassing the old generation, and the Konoha 11 members. He'll even a main character like Sakura is forgotten about. She's supposed to surpass Tsunade, and her genjutsu skills were amazing. Her genjutsu skills got forgotten about. The fact that the Konoha 11 got so much highlight and development in part one is what makes the quality and story to be great. While I don't consider part 2 as shit like some people, I acknowledge that it's below the quality of the first part in my point of view, because it ignores characters that we got attached to in part one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom