• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's not mischaracterization at all to call first part of Naruto awesome and high quality. You are being like Big One and saying that people cannot find quality for things and that everyone should find the whole of Naruto mediocre. The fact of the matter is a lot of people find the first part of Naruto as high quality, while the rest of it falls way short of that. You can't just say that Naruto has always been the same to you and try to convince everyone by the way you see things. Different people like different stuff, but I know I don't have to tell you this.

No, I'm saying that my opinion is that the beginning is hardly great. I can say anything I want. You swear like I said you have to agree with me or die by the sword. Stop being so dramatic all the time.

Baby Steps

Man, it's not fair. Ide is pulling out every trope in the book to try and win. It's almost cheating.

He allllllmost got to Worf status too

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven

I like how Yamada is still considered to be an unpopular asshole despite having no less than 4 hot girls + Miyamura (who is really popular) as his best friends he hangs out with all the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu 1-7.5 (END)

Collection of short stories by the Eden: IaEW guy, most of which are about as uplifting / celebratory of humanity as you'd expect. It was a good read, though his stuff is often too close to real life for me to get my usual enjoyment from seeing the shit the characters go through.
Sweet, time to lose all hope again.

Ezalc

Man the Gankutsuou manga is so disappointing. It feels so rushed, at least the Count looks as sexy as always in it.

scy

Naah, I bet Natsu will come and watch and cheer for him and suddenly Ei-chan wins.

This is kind of what I'm expecting (secretly hoping) to happen.

Yamada isn't a scumbag !

He needs to just go after best waifu and become a better character.

Yamada and the Seven

I like how Yamada is still considered to be an unpopular asshole despite having no less than 4 hot girls + Miyamura (who is really popular) as his best friends he hangs out with all the time.

He's clearly blackmailing them all.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san 40

mOgcT.png

Nothing screams dragging out this story longer than introducing a new girl.

Dynedom

Good Ending - End

1 down, 1 to go (KNIM)

After all the build up, being rewarded with
a timeskip not even showing their wedding, child's birth, etc
is par for the course I guess.

Angry Grimace

This is kind of what I'm expecting (secretly hoping) to happen.

He needs to just go after best waifu and become a better character.

He's clearly blackmailing them all.

Best waifu is already in the bag. Then again, she could go for the Yankee-kun ending =/

Big One

Banned
Naruto as a whole is better than Bleach as a whole. The only part of Naruto that has truly sucked is the Zombie Ninja War, but even then it's sprinkled with good parts.

You just hate Naruto, and could never accept it for what it is: better than Bleach.
The "Zombie Ninja War" is still not as bad as the Sasuke arc.

Akito

Please don't talk about an ending that hasn't been translated yet :(
Shiraishi is the best girl, dealwithit.jpeg
I don't know what exactly happened at the end of Yankee-kun either but from all the remarks, I assume it was a non-ending. Curiously enough, I don't really the need to find out as yet.

I don't know what exactly happened at the end of Yankee-kun either but from all the remarks, I assume it was a non-ending. Curiously enough, I don't really the need to find out as yet.

Yankee-kun has been a non-eventful series for a while, but I still like the characters :(

upandaway

Baby Steps

When that kid came out I was so scared. I wonder if everyone else get this kind of insanity when they play against Ide. He's an MC any way you look at it.

I also thought about someone cheering really loudly for Ei-chan to calm him a little, but after the "this is what pros do" speech, I don't think so anymore. It's true that something like an away match shouldn't be such a gamechanger, even if it's normal for it to have an effect. I mean hell, it's not even an away game in the pure sense of the word.

Hayate

I could still go on with the house a bit longer, to be honest. I love seeing Hinagiku and co around all the time.

Anyway I'm not sure what Nagi means there, does she know where a jewel is? Or did she just mean "we'll start looking for real after this"?

Yamada

Uh what, he totally blew it there. She was clearly trying to kiss him to take advantage of him, and then bailed out when he gave it away that he knows about her power.

If only he played it a bit more natural this would've been over right there

Good to see you enjoyed Minami ke =3
Just so you know, it's not a 4-koma at all!
But it's ok, I plan on saving the manga for a rainy day later on. Maybe for a 5th season

We can watch together! I just finished Spice and Wolf S1& S2 two nights ago. =/
Spice and Wolf is still somewhere in the depths of my wishlist. And when you guys say stuff like that I'm kinda glad for that right now.

I'm going to watch it on my day off tomorrow. Perhaps I will read it too, provided upandaway is interested.
Wait what are we talking about again? I'm in whatever it is, but I'm not gonna get into MMY or anything else until I finish Emi route (weekend)

Remember Mor? Ohtaka may have forgotten about her, but I never will. In my heart forever. ;___;
the best said:

Apath

Wow this one is awesome. Would you be offended if I traded my Kanti for it?
The "Zombie Ninja War" is still not as bad as the Sasuke arc.
I feel the zombie ninja war just shits all over the rest of Naruto's plot. I'm not sure exactly what is the "Sasuke arc", but if you're talking about when he was putting together his team, I disagree because it was only minor and didn't go on for years.

Big One

Banned
I feel the zombie ninja war just shits all over the rest of Naruto's plot. I'm not sure exactly what is the "Sasuke arc", but if you're talking about when he was putting together his team, I disagree because it was only minor and didn't go on for years.
Length isn't really a factor here. From the moment Sasuke became the main focus of the manga for an entire arc did the manga truly delve into deep shit. Terrible from start to finish.

I cant change my avatar until 17 Jan.

Ohh okay, I keep forgetting about you lock-betters hahahahah! (removed it form the list)

Thanks though. And I didn't know you have a stream making these. What is it?

It's www.livestream.com/neoriceisgood but I'm not on at the moment.

Livestreaming always makes me want to keep drawing four hours after eachother, doing it
for previous avatars gave me a headache that lasted two days. :(

Good Ending Final
I loved this manga in the beginning but it just kept going downhill in the late chapters. Ending was okay. Overall, I think I'll give it a 6/10 or maybe a 7/10 overall.

IHaveIce

Banned
Magi
Wow, the power of the magicians is incredible.

Really amazing chapter to show Magnostadt can't be taken lightly, wonder how it will be when the Kouga empire arrives

upandaway

Magi

Oh wow, that was great.

Based on Scheherazade's badass comment at the end, it seems like she doesn't know about whatever Aladdin knows of Mogamett's trap card... for the most part, and I'm counting Judal in this too, post-Ugo Aladdin seems to show more wisdom than the other Magi which is really cool.

Fanalis coming in would be Alibaba's cue too. Oh man oh man.

Magi 168

I hate when translators change names midway.
Eh, it's fine since they're not doing it out of dodgy translations or inconsistency. It's just a matter of getting used to them. The only name that I liked more before was Bolg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom