• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Renai Idenshi XX

KRSML.jpg
T1jWA.jpg

Forgot who gave me the heads up about this. :(

A society where all men have died off and the government divided the women into two groups known as Adams (boyish, princes) and Eves (fair maidens)? Yes please!

It's kind of an interesting set up as the romance occurs between two Adams (to give off a yaoi vibe due to the creator being known in that genre while still catering to shoujo ai since all the people alive are women).

Made this post in AnimeGaf awhile back trying to thank whoever it was who told me about this but no dice. So if anyone in here made mention of it in the past and I just happened to see it by chance, thanks!

Solune

Seriously though, someone answer me about MiXiM.
What did you want to know about MiXiM?
Just so you know, it's not a 4-koma at all!
But it's ok, I plan on saving the manga for a rainy day later on. Maybe for a 5th season
Oh damn, I just went through a few chapters and saw that it wasn't. My mistake. I remember going through it before, maybe I went through omake or something...
Spice and Wolf is still somewhere in the depths of my wishlist. And when you guys say stuff like that I'm kinda glad for that right now.
:lol, don't let it deter you though, the character interaction is fantastic.
Wait what are we talking about again? I'm in whatever it is, but I'm not gonna get into MMY or anything else until I finish Emi route (weekend)
Ahh you were asking survivor about MMY to read or watch it, so I said I'd be down
Renai Idenshi XX

Made this post in AnimeGaf awhile back trying to thank whoever it was who told me about this but no dice. So if anyone in here made mention of it in the past and I just happened to see it by chance, thanks!

Was not I SDB but good to see you. Did you read "I Fell in Love for the First Time"?

upandaway

Ahh you were asking survivor about MMY to read or watch it, so I said I'd be down
Oh yeah I'll see which way seems better in the weekend (not coincidentally when there will be 2 episodes to work with). Going the manga route will require a semi-marathon though.. and I don't even know what kind of mess I'm seeing in the related mangas section on MU, oh my god

Popstar

Magi 168

Man, this manga moves fast. From zero to war in four chapters.

I feel teased by Alibaba in the previous chapter and no appearance here though. And we still need an update on Mor!

Eh, it's fine since they're not doing it out of dodgy translations or inconsistency. It's just a matter of getting used to them. The only name that I liked more before was Bolg.
I wish they'd went with 'Burj' instead. It will take awhile to get Star Trek out of my head reading 'Borg'.

Arachnid 26

Gokiburi: 0. Not gokiburi: 3. I just feel flat out bad for her by this point, especially since she's one of my favourites from this.

Back to the Jack 1-2 (END)

A girl is killed during a busjacking and travels back in time to prevent it from happening. More could've been done with its premise (even as a oneshot), though the ending got a good laugh out of me.

Neoriceisawesome
The fact that he hasn't been tagged yet is the greatest injustice since the Oreimo S2 thread was locked.

Kurita

Confession time. I find the Balbad arc in Magi not that interesting.
The first dungeon arc was more entertaining imo.

Magi

Yes. The pace is damn fast. I knew the magicians will be very powerful. It will be interesting to see if the Finalist can do much against them. It's also interesting if Alibaba fight against magicians as well.

upandaway

Magi (spoiler for kuri-man!)

Man I really can't wait to see Alibaba
Model: Cassim
go around doing stuff. I may be setting myself up here but, y'know. I wanna see him Sinbading everyone.

tenchir

Hajime no Ippo
All Rounder Meguru
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Teppu

Are there any other manga that's like the above? Basically sports fighting manga with humors.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Magi 168
I hate when translators change names midway.

Gonna be really hard to get use to "Borg". And I really likes "Laem Empire" better than "Raem"... :/

What did you want to know about MiXiM?

On to real stuffs. Has anyone found it hard to get into Mixim?... I've been powering through Anzai's stuff, and it's all been great. I really enjoyed the similarities between Flame of Recca and MAR, and I could easily have seen MAR stretched out into typically shonen trope-junk, but he did a good job of moving through it. I just haven't been able to enjoy Mixim the same. The characters aren't as deep, the pairings have been obvious from the beginning, and the powers aren't terribly interesting. That said, I'm only 30 chapters in, so hopefully it's all up from here.

I'm a little further in now. But the powers/abilities just seem... mundane at this point. And it just doesn't seem like as creative of a storyline. I like the MCs, but I find it hard to get into the storyline.

tenchir

Girls of the Wild
Buyuden
Gamaran
Bamboo Blade

Thanks, going to give Girls of the Wild and Buyuden a shot. I have already read Gamaran and I don't see how it's similar to the above. It's more closer to Kenshin, Vagabond, etc than a sports manga. I have also already finished reading Bamboo Blade which is a pretty light hearted series that really doesn't go into bamboo fighting.

edit: Took a look at Girl of the Wild's and the panel layout really bothers me, I think I will skipped this. As for Baby Steps, I am already reading it, but I am looking for a martial art sport based manga which is what the manga I listed all have in common.

Atredeus

Neo Member
Thanks, going to give Girls of the Wild and Buyuden a shot. I have already read Gamaran and I don't see how it's similar to the above. It's more closer to Kenshin, Vagabond, etc than a sports manga. I have also already finished reading Bamboo Blade which is a pretty light hearted series that really doesn't go into bamboo fighting.

You might be interested in Air Gear. Sorta sporty, until it goes off the rocker towards the end. Just enjoy the art and ignore the technical explanations.

Woo, thanks!

Food Smut 1-6

Hey, this is pretty good. Too bad it's a shounen jump series that started in 2012. Not going to make it to chapter 50, probably not even 30 :(
i dont know, quite a few series are in front of it to be dropped first. I think its at least popular enough to make it to 30, hopefully it places better than hungry joker.

Solune

Gonna be really hard to get use to "Borg". And I really likes "Laem Empire" better than "Raem"... :/

I'm a little further in now. But the powers/abilities just seem... mundane at this point. And it just doesn't seem like as creative of a storyline. I like the MCs, but I find it hard to get into the storyline.

Ahh yah, I feel the same actually. I think part of the problem is that the series lends itself to a contemporary setting (i.e School Life, etc) while not necessarily always being a factor, I think it limits how bizarre the setting and abilities can get and minimizes that threshold.

Wiseblade

Hajime no Ippo
All Rounder Meguru
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru
Teppu

Are there any other manga that's like the above? Basically sports fighting manga with humors.
Baby Steps

There isn't that much comedy in it, but it's easily the best of the Sport manga I'm reading right now.
You might be interested in Air Gear. Sorta sporty, until it goes off the rocker towards the end. Just enjoy the art and ignore the technical explanations.
You are a bad person.

As of now I haven't posted so much in this thread, but I plan on changing that.
I am currently having an old baby photo of mine as my avatar, but I would love to have my childhood hero (also not posting with a Neoricepixelavatar destroys the page continuity)

Mocchi from Monster Ranger

bg7aZ.png

Would you mind doing the gal in my avatar? Stella from Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I can provide pics if you need.

That's not a manga char then, right?

I can probably do it if you can PM me some proper refs tho.

As of now I haven't posted so much in this thread, but I plan on changing that.
I am currently having an old baby photo of mine as my avatar, but I would love to have my childhood hero (also not posting with a Neoricepixelavatar destroys the page continuity)

Mocchi from Monster Ranger

I'm about to go to bed, send me that ref in a PM or I might forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom