• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko san 7

After watching the swimsuit and fetish contest in fairy tail anime this week, this beauty contest felt like it was lacking bells and whistles...so like sexual harassment, this chapter was bad.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Arachnid 26

Apart from OPM because of all the talk about it on the Anime IRC this is the only other manga I'm currently following. Could I do better? I have no idea. Since I've started I may as well finish right. Looked it up after seeing the panel of that one lass sniffing the panties of the MC HA HA.

Ruroni Kenshin 70-152

So Shishio ended up being the least interesting character in his own arc unfortunately, Seta, Anji, and Aoshi all were far better written and more enjoyable. Saito's fight with Usui completely changed my opinion on him making me enjoy him a lot more, glad to see someone filling in the anti-hero role now that Aoshi has seen the light. Kaoru and Yahiko finally got legit fights and seeing them grow stronger though each other and Kenshin's influence really is a highlight of the series.

The tease for the new arc has me excited, is the next arc the finale of the series or is there another one after it?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So Good Ending has finally ended....?

Contemplating whether I should read it or not since I haven't read it since the best girl got dumped by the stupid main character........

Oh, and it would be very funny if the FF Versus' manga actually come out before the game, hahahah.

Akito

Ruroni Kenshin 70-152

So Shishio ended up being the least interesting character in his own arc unfortunately, Seta, Anji, and Aoshi all were far better written and more enjoyable. Saito's fight with Usui completely changed my opinion on him making me enjoy him a lot more, glad to see someone filling in the anti-hero role now that Aoshi has seen the light. Kaoru and Yahiko finally got legit fights and seeing them grow stronger though each other and Kenshin's influence really is a highlight of the series.

The tease for the new arc has me excited, is the next arc the finale of the series or is there another one after it?
It's the final one.

So Good Ending has finally ended....?

Contemplating whether I should read it or not since I haven't read it since the best girl got dumped by the stupid main character........

Oh, and it would be very funny if the FF Versus' manga actually come out before the game, hahahah.
That's only a couple of chapters left then so I'd say read them and be done with it, you deserve closure just as much as the characters :lol

If I don't like the Big 3, will I ever like Magi? From the first couple of chapters, it seems like an Arabian One Piece.

Depends what you don't like about the big 3. It's certainly faster paced.

And speaking of Magi, that last chapter was goddamn amazing. Even more amazing because you knew Laem/Raem is about to one-up them.

Nudull

Banned
washu_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5qnwh9.png

To the person who requested this furball of a character: I loathe you.

D'aw, sorry for the burden. Still, many thanks. :)

On topic, though, I'm starting to get more curious about Magi as well, judging from everyone's impressions so far. I may try that and Biscuit Hammer, if I can find the time.

If I don't like the Big 3, will I ever like Magi? From the first couple of chapters, it seems like an Arabian One Piece.

I mean what kind of manga do you like if you don't enjoy the big 3? And why do you not enjoy them?

On topic, though, I'm starting at get more curious about Magi as well, judging from everyone's impressions so far. I may try that and Biscuit Hammer, if I can find the time.

Yes do so ASAP

Lirlond

On topic, though, I'm starting at get more curious about Magi as well, judging from everyone's impressions so far. I may try that and Biscuit Hammer, if I can find the time.

Read Biscuit hammer first, probably one of my favourite "battle" manga of the past few years. It's got this really sweet love story too. Everything about it is fantastic!

On the Magi front I'm surprised Schahazerade hasn't unleashed her 100+ year knowledge of magic and overpowered Magi magoi. Would be really simple for her to break those Borg.

I haven't read Magi but... is it different than your typical Shounen Jump outing?

It starts off fairly typical but once you get farther in you'll find it's probably one of the more complex Shonen Fight series out there. It gets extra kudos for being morally gray where our heroes find them selves in the middle of 4 warring nations and it's hard to tell which of them is in the right/wrong.

Quixzlizx

I mean what kind of manga do you like if you don't enjoy the big 3? And why do you not enjoy them?

I dunno, it just seems like it's written for 9 year olds so far, which I guess makes sense considering it's Shounen Jump. I just tried it because a lot of people here were reading it and I knew nothing about it.

Akame ga Kill and Girls of the Wild's are two action/fighting manga I've read recently and liked.

I dunno, it just seems like it's written for 9 year olds so far, which I guess makes sense considering it's Shounen Jump. I just tried it because a lot of people here were reading it and I knew nothing about it.

Akame ga Kill and Girls of the Wild's are two action/fighting manga I've read recently and liked.

As I said earlier, Magi starts off fairly generic and par for the course, but stick with it. Just for giggles, read this weeks chapter (168) and tell me which of the two armies would be classified as the good guys?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's only a couple of chapters left then so I'd say read them and be done with it, you deserve closure just as much as the characters :lol

Hmmm >______> I guess I should have known better since "CLICHE!" has been stomped all over GE's face the moment I read the 1st chapter but... meh.

I really hated how the idiot-MC dumped the best girl just like that, gah.

I hope he's DTL's anti doppleganger and post nothing but yuri manga

Yeah, we have a Yaoi Otaku here, why don't we have a Yuri one?

Oh I also haven't read Magi since that one arc where Alibaba first learned how to create a sword out of his Djinn thingie or something? It has been a long while, huh.

Kreed

Magi:

Probably not unless your problem with the Big 3 was pacing, as this manga moves pretty fast. It mainly follows four characters though, vs the huge cast One Piece has accumulated over the years. And hey, women actually can fight in this series.

I haven't read Magi but... is it different than your typical Shounen Jump outing?

Well it's a Shounen Sunday manga. Does that count?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Oh boy...
I can think of many reasons. I'd rather read something that hasn't dragged on forever and has a much more conclusive/deep story than the big three. I read Bleach up until they finally caught Aizen... but haven't gone back since.

Oh boy...
I can think of many reasons. I'd rather read something that hasn't dragged on forever and has a much more conclusive/deep story than the big three. I read Bleach up until they finally caught Aizen... but haven't gone back since.
If someone wanted that much depth, shouldnt they read a novel and not manga, depth ruins stories, like the mess that One Piece is struggling through.

I guess length is a good reason, a story over 200 chps is a huge investment.

Renai Idenshi XX

Forgot who gave me the heads up about this. :(

A society where all men have died off and the government divided the women into two groups known as Adams (boyish, princes) and Eves (fair maidens)? Yes please!

It's kind of an interesting set up as the romance occurs between two Adams (to give off a yaoi vibe due to the creator being known in that genre while still catering to shoujo ai since all the people alive are women).

Made this post in AnimeGaf awhile back trying to thank whoever it was who told me about this but no dice. So if anyone in here made mention of it in the past and I just happened to see it by chance, thanks!

Interest get.

El Sloth

Banned
STEAMY FATALITY

lol who asked for Kim Jong-il?
Kim on the Run
No, you don't. You wear that Kims on the Run with pride.
lol

I can't win.

I think the avatar came out pretty good, personally. Thanks a lot, Neorice! You really got the look I was asking for down. Now where do I paypal?

No excuse now Slothbro, you have to do this now.
Here you go, bastard.

Vita Arcana Vol. 1

Very interesting so far. Not easy to read, but worth making the effort. Story's brutal, art is beautiful. It's a shame it'll probably take forever to get new translations. And I've already spoiled myself as to what's going to happen by checking how historically accurate it was on wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom