• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

Anyone read Mahou Shoujo Kazumi Magica? It's pretty good and is about other magical girls besides Madoka's lot before the Walpurgi's Night incident.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
iGFQxRgeMHVHw.png

Apath

D'aw, sorry for the burden. Still, many thanks. :)

On topic, though, I'm starting to get more curious about Magi as well, judging from everyone's impressions so far. I may try that and Biscuit Hammer, if I can find the time.
Biscuit Hammer is AAAA. Make it a priority to read it.

TWGOK

I got to the creepy I'll cut your head off kid, I feel whatever the goddess arc is it is very different than what this manga has been about since the start. Does Keima really have no feelings at all for any of these girls? Is it all a game to him?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Onani Master Kurosawa

What a fucking roller coaster that was. The whole manga went places I never expected it to; shit got real around chapter 18. OMK hit me in ways I never thought it would and really made me look back on my High School years a bit. Makes me wish I would have made a bigger effort to change myself.

The ending leaves me feeling very satisfied. Seeing so many characters go through those changes was incredible and has me feeling a little emotional. I'm glad I read this. Thank you for the recommendation Envelope.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TWGOK

I got to the creepy I'll cut your head off kid, I feel whatever the goddess arc is it is very different than what this manga has been about since the start. Does Keima really have no feelings at all for any of these girls? Is it all a game to him?

He obviously feels something but personally I feel like it's guilt as to having to do what he does. He makes these girls fall in love with him and he can't reciprocate their feelings, he probably feels guilty about it. There are a few points in the manga where he is conflicted about what he has to do, it's always short and in passing though. It sort of culminates when
he conquers Chihiro again and realizes that she wasn't a goddess and all he's done is play with her and break her heart

He obviously feels something but personally I feel like it's guilt as to having to do what he does. He makes these girls fall in love with him and he can't reciprocate their feelings, he probably feels guilty about it. There are a few points in the manga where he is conflicted about what he has to do, it's always short and in passing though. It sort of culminates when
he conquers Chihiro again and realizes that she wasn't a goddess and all he's done is play with her and break her heart.

Yo spoils, that's one of the best moments.

dumbyugi

Riko to Haru to Onsen to Iruka 1-4

Haru moves to the countryside to live with her childhood friends family. She doesn't remember much about her friend, Riko, but it doesn't seem like that will be important anyway. So far it's been an enjoyable light comedy with some yuri subtext.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun 56

She must be out of shape 'cause she gets everyone to do everything for her. Sparky's looking pretty sharp in her shades.

Akari Outcast!

An average KyoukoXAyano doujin. It was pretty funny that Akari was only in it twice even though her name is in the title.

Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep

This was nice but the drama in the last couple of chapters seemed kind of rushed, it felt like it needed a few more chapters. It had a happy ending though so I'm pretty satisfied.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
he conquers Chihiro again and realizes that she wasn't a goddess and all he's done is play with her and break her heart
Meh, he isn't entirely inhuman, but I don't think he feels anything more than basic level empathy, i.e. he's an asexual Jerk with a Heart of Gold.

yeah has the skills but wasted really smh

the most annoying thing I find in manga are male leads unable to even speak to a girl Keima has no problems at all with getting a girl but what bugs me is he does not even see them that way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dunno man, I think he actually showed some signs of empathy whenever he's with chihiro.

I guess my original point was that its not because he likes chicks but rather because he's not deep down a huge asshole so he feels bad being a dick.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am so very saddened that my recommendation of reading RYUURODEN has been apparently ignored v___________v

Such an awesome, awesome manga. It deserves more fans/readers than just only me in the MangaGAF community.

Ah well... I'm not gonna stop pimping it every now and then...

I am so very saddened that my recommendation of reading RYUURODEN has been apparently ignored v___________v

Such an awesome, awesome manga. It deserves more fans/readers than just only me in the MangaGAF community.

It's already on my list and once I start reading it, I'll properly pimp it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I guess my original point was that its not because he likes chicks but rather because he's not deep down a huge asshole so he feels bad being a dick.

Which is why I think the ending would be him growing out of his 2D syndrome or whatever.

Either that or he dies.

Just the way I feel his character arc is developing. In the beginning he could care less about anybody really. The chihiro arcs are basically him learning how to emphatise with others.

Which is why chihiro is the one true girl in the manga.

Angry Grimace

Which is why I think the ending would be him growing out of his 2D syndrome or whatever.

Either that or he dies.

Just the way I feel his character arc is developing. In the beginning he could care less about anybody really. The chihiro arcs are basically him learning how to emphatise with others.

Which is why chihiro is the one true girl in the manga.
I really don't see Keima dying or being into real chicks unless there's a serious genre shift. It's about as likely as Goku learning to give a shit about his kids.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I feel that there's been a few serious genre shifts already. It started as a kinda dumb romcom, to a romcom with drama from the demon/god wars, and now action where limbs are being torn apart (not that I really think it will continue to be so).

The dying prediction is just a joke really, but I kinda wouldn't be surprised if there's a "keima is a sacrifice" type ending. Which would probably be terrible.

I really do think my prediction for how keima's character arc will grow is probably right though.

I think that Keima has platonic affection for all of the girls. It's more than guilt because during the Goddess Saga after meeting Minami and Jun again he was visibly upset, especially when Minami reacted to him with fear. He had nothing to feel guilty about, he was sad that they didn't remember him.

The title of the manga could refer to many things, but I think one of them is the fact that Keima alone remembers all of his conquests, he's the only one who has to deal with all those feels.

wonzo

Banned
Koimoku 6-13

Man, I was just expecting this to be a fairly silly & smutty take on manga production but this can get surprisingly depressing at times when it portrays the industry in a such a cold-hearted, soul-crushing manner. It owns!!!

It seems decent enough. *adds to readlist*

adds more smut to my reading list

edit: after reading many volumes of TWGOK with slight translation differences in spelling with Elsie Elsea Elsee now I am dealing with every sentence ending with "Ne" :| it would be fine with one character but everyone? Ne.

Angry Grimace

Some of you guys are way too excited by the sight of some panties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom