• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright manga gaf i read both toriko and magi thanks to you and enjoyed them. please recommend some more manga that i can read to get through the upcoming jump break. please don't name really popular stuff.

Pumpkin Scissors
Kongou Banchou
Eyeshield 21
REAL
Binbougami Ga!

Kurita

Pumpkin Scissors
Kongou Banchou
Eyeshield 21
REAL

Binbougami Ga!

XpdAu.gif

Kreed

Molester Man 17:

Disappointed no real "progress" was made this chapter outside of establishing Kansai being indecisive (good news for "Kansai end" hopefuls). Still I do like the manga showing Kansai and Molester having normal conversation, as it helps with the "realism".

Also I am enjoying the messageboard commentary. Not only is it nice to have their funny comments alongside the author's fictional insertions into the "true story", but unlike GAF and the pointless Girl-Age threads, it's nice to see Molester actually following the advice that people are giving him. Imagine if this had been a manga based off of a GAF Girl Age thread. The story would have been over in chapter 6.

So I started reading jojo.

I'm now somewhere in part 3 and it's the weakest part for me.
I need to get used to the stands and seeing joseph being so weak :(

Still don't understand why he completely abandoned the ripple.

Part 3 is the weakest part IMO. It's cool to see the stand concept for the first time but it's rather "safe" compared to part 2 and everything else after it. But I agree that the treatment of Joseph has been awful :(

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Vol 1-3

I had no idea what I'd get myself into. Rarely fits a manga title as much as this one, because I have a hard time to describe it with anything else than bizarre.

Dio being such an asshole at the beginning was quite shocking, especially after he burned the dog and it was surprising to see that he was that much better than JoJo. So after all the beating, I was fine with the use of tropes to give JoJo the strength to beat Dio.

Speedwagon is a great bro, so it's a shame that he's only the useless normal sidekick of the group. I hope he'll get a bigger, more meaningful role.

I realize that this is pretty much the standard shonen formula, but what really makes it for me so far is the art style. It just doesnt feel right and makes many scenes completely ridiculous, which is awesome. I'd love to read a Naruto or One Piece chapter made by the JoJo mangaka.

fertygo

Part 3 is the weakest part IMO. It's cool to see the stand concept for the first time but it's rather "safe" compared to part 2 and everything else after it. But I agree that the treatment of Joseph has been awful :(

Joseph became Indiana Jones, that awesome bro.. Btw he's 65 (or 67?) in SC he still that fit just saying how badass he is.. its have balance considering his age IMO.

Part 3 still my favorite because the grand adventure crossing africa, various setting, and more "simple" stand because its first Araki's approach to it have special charm despite the latter part keep implement it better and better, D'arby and Hor Horse fight is a example of this, the humor also great.. The sun and Boingo stuff still some of funniest stuff that I ever read, although many of them wasn't funny at all lol. Its just shounen at its finest, very easy to read. Seriously rereading Stardust Crusader after accustomed to wikipedia fight style at Vento Aureo or Stone Ocean so refreshing. No wonder its the most popular part despite the critic how its less refined than other part.

Btw I'm surprised Araki not use more comedy in part 4 despite the concept (there's fair amount to it but still less than part 3)

And after that the humor are just unfunny Gay/sex/fap bit -______-

Bossun

Joseph became Indiana Jones, that awesome bro.. Btw he's 65 (or 67?) in SC he still that fit just saying how badass he is.. its have balance considering his age IMO.

Part 3 still my favorite because the grand adventure crossing africa, various setting, and more "simple" stand because its first Araki's approach to it have special charm despite the latter part keep implement it better and better, D'arby and Hor Horse fight is a example of this, the humor also great.. The sun and Boingo stuff still some of funniest stuff that I ever read, although many of them wasn't funny at all lol. Its just shounen at its finest, very easy to read. Seriously rereading Stardust Crusader after accustomed to wikipedia fight style at Vento Aureo or Stone Ocean so refreshing. No wonder its the most popular part despite the critic how its less refined than other part.

Btw I'm surprised Araki not use more comedy in part 4 despite the concept (there's fair amount to it but still less than part 3)

And after that the humor are just unfunny Gay/sex/fap bit -______-

Speaking of humor, I don't know if it's wanted but there is so much racist humor in part 3, it made me laugh.

Edit : or just racism.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Speaking of humor, I don't know if it's wanted but there is so much racist humor in part 3, it made me laugh.

Edit : or just racism.

Oddly enough I've been okay with the use of racism in this part so far (and part 2). It just seems to fit for the era they're currently in.

Basically it doesn't seem out of place for the early 1900s when it was a lot more rampant.

Bossun

Oddly enough I've been okay with the use of racism in this part so far (and part 2). It just seems to fit for the era they're currently in.

Basically it doesn't seem out of place for the early 1900s when it was a lot more rampant.

Yeah I thought so too. But anyway I don't care about racist humor, it make me laugh.
Hell I'm French and polnareff is such a goddamn cliche and so ridiculous ahah.

alright manga gaf i read both toriko and magi thanks to you and enjoyed them. please recommend some more manga that i can read to get through the upcoming jump break. please don't name really popular stuff.

7 Seeds

Ah My Goddess

Is it just me or did the art get worse.

scy

Q&A vol 6
577452355c2b9411cf05e37f4650ebf601aa1068.jpg

There are bad ends, and then there is Q&A end (which is, for me, on the same level as the Darker Than Black S2 end).
To say that the way this story ends is bad is an understatement.
It's one of those type of ends that makes you go (or well, makes me go) "why did I waste all this time reading up to this point?".
An end that invalidates everything that's happened so far because it never happened is a really shitty way to go to bring closure to a story.

Fuck you Adachi, I hope your next story will have a better ending than this.

Thankfully, it was only six volumes.

Thankfully.

...thankfully.

Woah, Adachi messing stuff up? :eek:

It's actually a fairly decent story.

Until the final chapter.

Hungry Joker 6
tumblr_mfnluzCOtE1qbxqfpo1_250.png

The arguing scene at the start was so funny either his faces or when he floated to be on the same level as Alan. Really good organization White Joker is and Haichi should have joined faster than argue it especially for his past. Mavro is a good start though, I think the writer knows how to keep the action going and compelling.

Kurita

Currently reading Hunter X Hunter vol 10.
Damn, Togashi could write a manga about auctions and all that stuff, I would read it.

Azure J

Goodnight Punpun

Punpun Vol 11.
Yeaaaaaaaaah, okay. No. Just, no.

I'm with this guy. Holy fucking shit what a cluster fuck. Abusive mother that goes for the kill? As in free reign to get her ass at least checked the fuck out permanently with the proper venues (asylum at best, jail at worst)? Awesome, reunited with main love interest and "happy" end inbound... Until Onodera Punpun decides he wants to be Rick James for a bit and choke a bitch out. Aiko's mental stability fading rapidly and Dark Punpun Rising? Par for the course. Just when I thought it had wrapped back around into subverting my initial thoughts of Aiko being poisonous for Punpun, we see that not only is this the truth, Punpun is beginning to overdose on said poison willingly.

Everything Pegasus? Creepy as fuck and only getting worse. Was pretty interesting to see Saeki again though, don't know how much more she's going to contribute to this story though.

Oh yeah, God's Beard checking in on Punpun was fucking classic. "Hello, Punpun" indeed.

upandaway

Baby Steps

No seriously this is scary now.

I still hope Maruo somehow edges by a 6-0 for the first set, then I wouldn't feel bad about a close match afterwards.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One-Punch Man 20

"I'll hit you!" Awesome.
Tank Top Tiger is like something out of the Silver Age.

Myum-Myum (oneshot)

Few prospects are more terrifying than being the last sane man in an insane world.

Er, I mean all glory to Myum-Myum. It was by his blessing that the world survived the prophesied apocalypse etc

Kreed

OnePunch-Man 20:

smh, the thing I liked about the Molester Man/Onepunch's main scanlator was that he doesn't plaster his name/logo over everything. Oh well, at least Mangaburn's group isn't as bad as Mangapanda/Stream with the tagging. Chapter was good though. I wasn't too interested in seeing Sonic get one hit KOed again, but Saitama's reactions made the chapter work.

He finally realized Sonic's a bad guy. Took him long enough.

Sonic wasn't doing anything "bad" until near the end of the chapter. If he had taken Sonic out before he started terrorizing the public it wouldn't have counted towards saving his C rank/staying in the registry.

survivor

Banned
Yoningurashi

So this is what Usagi Drop would have been like if Daikichi ended up marrying Yukari and there was no stupid timeskip

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OnePunch-Man 20:

smh, the thing I liked about the Molester Man/Onepunch's main scanlator was that he doesn't plaster his name/logo over everything. Oh well, at least Mangaburn's group isn't as bad as Mangapanda/Stream with the tagging. Chapter was good though. I wasn't too interested in seeing Sonic get one hit KOed again, but Saitama's reactions made the chapter work.

Sonic wasn't doing anything "bad" until near the end of the chapter. If he had taken Sonic out before he started terrorizing the public it wouldn't have counted towards saving his C rank/staying in the registry.

Well he did blow up that Tiger guy, Saitama should have realized at that point he could get away with beating up Elbow-Joint Panic and have it count towards saving the day.

So uh, does anybody else follow Akame ga Kiru?

I'm up to chapter 11 and I love it, but I don't think I can finish it in one sitting so I'm taking a break from the
horrible vicious murder.

What do you all think about it?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
OnePunch-Man 20:

I like how the current translator doesn't have the attention span of the guppy and drops projects to waste time on stuff I'll never care about.

Dresden

I'm up to chapter 11 and I love it, but I don't think I can finish it in one sitting so I'm taking a break from the
horrible vicious murder.

It's dumb, the girls are cute, there's a lot of gore, and I've enjoyed it so far.

Kreed

OnePunch-Man 20:

Well he did blow up that Tiger guy, Saitama should have realized at that point he could get away with beating up Elbow-Joint Panic and have it count towards saving the day.

Saitama is definitely slow but considering how slow the general public seems to be as well in regards to ignoring Saitama, it's better he took his time saving the day (even if he wasn't doing it on purpose at first).

Plus Esdese. Also the horrible, vicious murder.

I love how this manga goes out of its way to show multiple sides of its characters, even the scum up there in the capital.

It's brutal in a lot of ways, but that keeps the tension up, I don't like it when manga(hell any medium) plays it safe with its main cast.

horrible vicious murder.

Yes, it's a regularly followed series in here and one of the more liked ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom